PDA

View Full Version : Can you add weight to a P320's trigger pull?

KevH
10-19-2021, 04:46 PM
For the P320 folks out there...

Is there a way to add weight (ala Glock NY1 and S&W M&P Mass) to the P320's trigger pull?

I picked up one of their Custom Works FCU's and the trigger pull, while very nice, is WAY too light for my comfort.

DpdG
10-19-2021, 06:30 PM
Not familiar with the Custom Works fcu product line, but there are at least 2 different trigger return springs (factory and Grayguns), multiple different triggers with different leverages (factory curved should be the heaviest feeling, then factory flat, then Greyguns) and finally sear springs. If the Custom Works uses any of the lighter pull weight parts, you could revert to original non- x series parts to add weight.

Generally the non x series with curved trigger run around 5.5-6 lbs. I tend to use the x series (not legion) flat trigger on otherwise stock fcu- probably right about 5lbs with slight travel at the plateau vs a true wall.

jbrimlow
10-19-2021, 07:07 PM
How heavy are you looking to go?

You're definitely going to want to go curved trigger for less leverage instead of the factory flat.

You could also try a +10% trigger return spring: https://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sauer/p320/trigger-return-spring-for-sig-p320-pistols

I don't know how much extra pull weight that would give you.

ETA: Pretty sure you have the regular factory sear springs and return spring in there now.

BJJ
10-19-2021, 10:03 PM
I haven’t tried a 320 with a custom trigger. But from spending a year shooting a few thousand rounds through 2 of them, I noted that the stock trigger felt a lot lighter than it actually measured on a scale.

kwb377
10-20-2021, 12:32 PM
...multiple different triggers with different leverages (factory curved should be the heaviest feeling, then factory flat, then Greyguns)

If you want to try one, I have a factory post-recall (sorry..."upgrade") standard curved trigger somewhere in my parts pile...just PM me an address.

KevH
10-20-2021, 12:46 PM
If you want to try one, I have a factory post-recall (sorry..."upgrade") standard curved trigger somewhere in my parts pile...just PM me an address.

PM Sent. Thank you!

03RN
10-20-2021, 01:10 PM
I always liked the 250. Heard they had some problems but I thought the trigger was way better than the 320

Gadfly
10-20-2021, 01:15 PM
I would be on board with a little heavier take up on my 320. On a game gun, its a great trigger. as a "people management" trigger, its not my favorite, even though its my current duty gun.

HeavyDuty
10-20-2021, 01:49 PM
I would be on board with a little heavier take up on my 320. On a game gun, its a great trigger. as a "people management" trigger, its not my favorite, even though its my current duty gun.

That’s my issue - same as it is for a 1911 at this point in my life. My M18 has a manual safety for this reason.

KevH
10-20-2021, 03:31 PM

That's my issue with it.

I'm a long time 1911 and Glock guy and am very comfortable with either.

This is like having a 1911 without a manual safety.

Fine for a range toy, but no Bueno for patrol use.

Gadfly
10-21-2021, 11:24 AM
Fine for a range toy, but no Bueno for patrol use.

As mentioned somewhere above... the 250 had a lot of kinks left to work out, but man, was it an amazing DAO trigger. I should have grabbed one back in the day. Had to settle for a 229 DAK i found for super cheap...

JonInWA
10-21-2021, 01:18 PM
There's a very knowledgable SIG P250 user here on p-f (HCM?), and there was a product improved second version on the P250 that SIG came up with to address and successfully correct the V1's issues, but relatively speaking the earlier version had pretty effectively poisoned the well, especially from an organizational perspective. At one point, both the Dutch National Police and the Federal Air Marshalls were poised to adopt as their issue weapon, but that came to a crashing halt before getting off the ground.

The V2 was a neat gun, but personally I'll be sticking with my Beretta 92D for my DAO needs; while larger and heavier, its a much more vetted platform (and I like it).

Best, Jon

JonInWA
01-12-2022, 08:33 AM
And I also agree that the P320's triggerpull characteristics are light with little pertceptible wall; while I've qualified on mine for duty and have carried and competed with it (in IDPA) extensively, I'm still a bit wary of it as a duty/people management firearm.

Best, Jon