PDA

View Full Version : USPSA PCC/Carry Optics Nationals 2021

Sal Picante
10-19-2021, 01:21 PM
Was surprised that nobody post the results - https://practiscore.com/results/new/150048

Was a very deep pool of talent; Max Michel finished 4th (former and only CO champ) and JJ won. Dark horse was Dazhi Zhang of TX who shot only 1.5% behind JJ.

1-Echavez Racaza, Simon Joseph
2-Zhang, Dazhi
3-Vlieger, John
4-Michel, Max
5-Lane, Mason
6-Jonasson, Nils 2
7-Strader, Phil
8-Singleton, Garran
9-Merriam, Brantley 2
10-Kim, Hwansik
11-Hemple, Matthew
12-Gries, Lane
13-Lockwood, Isaac
14-Smith, Shannon 1
15-Lutman, Stephen
16-Latulippe, Max
17-Northcutt, Tyler
18-Griffith, Sean
19-Decker, Trace
20-Fox, Jared

(I shot "ok", finished 79% at 63rd... LTT RDO ran wonderfully. I borrowed ammo since I had issue with tumblers... :( )

Sal Picante
10-19-2021, 01:25 PM
PCC saw Max Leograndis defend his title as the ONLY PCC national champion. No small feat...

Josh Froelich looked like he was close, but then got DQ'd... I don' t know the details, but he's a f(*n beast and I hope he gets it done next year.

Also - Justine Williams is a beast with the carbine. Amazing. She beat Lena Miculek, also a carbine rockstar, by 4%.
Honestly, awesome to see so many women shooting the PCC division: Lynda Turnbull, Jalise Williams, Bonnie Rotten (yes, that one...)

Name
1-Leograndis, Max
2-Greene, Scott
3-Smith, Zack
4-Harrington, Brian
5-McClain, John
6-Desautel, Andre
7-Kunkel, Grant 2
8-Garcia, Keith
9-Cabahug, Marco
10-Williams, Justine
11-Martin, Tony
12-Jarrett, Todd
13-Talbott, Larry 2
14-Yackley, Tim
15-Ramirez Jr, Robert
16-Nettleton, Brett
17-Klemashevich, Cory
18-Clark, Jason
19-Miculek, Lena
20-Lapham, Jack

Clusterfrack
10-19-2021, 02:36 PM
Jack Lapham is a local PCC GM, and an all around good dude. It’s awesome to see his hard work pay off with a strong finish at Nats.

YVK
10-19-2021, 07:03 PM
Anybody got video links?

Sal Picante
10-19-2021, 07:17 PM
Anybody got video links?

USPSA livestreamed a bunch of the super squad shooting... IG has a bunch of folks posting runs. I'd jump on there and take a look...

DMF13
10-19-2021, 08:45 PM
PCC saw Max Leograndis defend his title as the ONLY PCC national champion. No small feat...

Josh Froelich looked like he was close, but then got DQ'd... I don' t know the details, but he's a f(*n beast and I hope he gets it done next year.

Also - Justine Williams is a beast with the carbine. Amazing. She beat Lena Miculek, also a carbine rockstar, by 4%.
Honestly, awesome to see so many women shooting the PCC division: Lynda Turnbull, Jalise Williams, Bonnie Rotten (yes, that one...)

Name
1-Leograndis, Max
2-Greene, Scott
3-Smith, Zack
4-Harrington, Brian
5-McClain, John
6-Desautel, Andre
7-Kunkel, Grant 2
8-Garcia, Keith
9-Cabahug, Marco
10-Williams, Justine
11-Martin, Tony
12-Jarrett, Todd
13-Talbott, Larry 2
14-Yackley, Tim
15-Ramirez Jr, Robert
16-Nettleton, Brett
17-Klemashevich, Cory
18-Clark, Jason
19-Miculek, Lena
20-Lapham, JackSince I've got daughters, I've got say it's nice to see a top ten finish by a woman at a National Match.

DMF13
10-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Was surprised that nobody post the results - https://practiscore.com/results/new/150048

Was a very deep pool of talent; Max Michel finished 4th (former and only CO champ) and JJ won. Dark horse was Dazhi Zhang of TX who shot only 1.5% behind JJ.

2-Zhang, Dazhi
3-Vlieger, John
4-Michel, Max
5-Lane, Mason
6-Jonasson, Nils 2
7-Strader, Phil
8-Singleton, Garran
9-Merriam, Brantley 2
10-Kim, Hwansik
11-Hemple, Matthew
12-Gries, Lane
13-Lockwood, Isaac
14-Smith, Shannon 1
15-Lutman, Stephen
16-Latulippe, Max
17-Northcutt, Tyler
18-Griffith, Sean
19-Decker, Trace
20-Fox, Jared

(I shot "ok", finished 79% at 63rd... LTT RDO ran wonderfully. I borrowed ammo since I had issue with tumblers... :( )At Nationals, especially with so many great shooters, that's an extremely impressive finish. A hell of a lot more than just "ok."

Artemas2
10-20-2021, 07:12 AM
Looking at the results every year is amazing and...humbling. I see one of our local GMs is "only" in the top 50. Watching him shoot at home is soul crushing enough as it is:D

Anybody got video links?
Hemple has his up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSec3Wi4C-I

Brantley Merriam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z-K9OXglhQ

Gio
10-20-2021, 02:22 PM
How was the stage difficulty? Judging by the number of penalties shot throughout the top 20, it seems like it was a difficult match.

I would have loved to shoot it, but only have enough time at this stage in life for 1 nationals a year (production in May). I'm torn between Production in Palisade next year or CO stand alone nats in Talladega.

TCFD273
10-20-2021, 09:05 PM

2-Zhang, Dazhi
3-Vlieger, John
4-Michel, Max
5-Lane, Mason
6-Jonasson, Nils 2
7-Strader, Phil
8-Singleton, Garran
9-Merriam, Brantley 2
10-Kim, Hwansik
11-Hemple, Matthew
12-Gries, Lane
13-Lockwood, Isaac
14-Smith, Shannon 1
15-Lutman, Stephen
16-Latulippe, Max
17-Northcutt, Tyler
18-Griffith, Sean
19-Decker, Trace
20-Fox, Jared

(I shot "ok", finished 79% at 63rd... LTT RDO ran wonderfully. I borrowed ammo since I had issue with tumblers... :( )

I shoot CO against Dazhi regularly…..goes without saying, he’s very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJM
10-20-2021, 09:32 PM
How was the stage difficulty? Judging by the number of penalties shot throughout the top 20, it seems like it was a difficult match.

I would have loved to shoot it, but only have enough time at this stage in life for 1 nationals a year (production in May). I'm torn between Production in Palisade next year or CO stand alone nats in Talladega.

There were 27 combined mikes for the top 10, although Max had eight of those, skewing the average. :(

Sal Picante
10-21-2021, 08:54 PM

The stages were a good mix of straight up field courses that favored much shooting on the move, some gimmicky activator sequences stuff and some IDPA-esque stages (fun WHO stage, SHO, while carrying an ammo can, etc).

I liked the mix. A lot of stages had longer shots, complicating the difficulty of shooting on the move, etc.

It was challenging, but not complicated.

Sal Picante
10-21-2021, 08:56 PM
At Nationals, especially with so many great shooters, that's an extremely impressive finish. A hell of a lot more than just "ok."

It ate the lunch of a lot of GM's... the spread of talent was very mixed up!

That said, I've got so much to learn - the shortage of, well, everything is still frustrating to grind through.

JCS
10-22-2021, 06:20 AM
Max finishing fourth was surprising. Probably the most encouraging thing is how quickly people can ascend into the top 10. I’ve only been following the sport for a couple years and both years there have been out of nowhere people finishing top 10. There were only 3 people in this years top 10 that were also in last years. Granted, several didn’t shoot this year but people can ascend quickly in the sport.

JJ is having an incredible year, 2nd in production, IDPA Champ, and now CO champ.

The stages looked really fun. Single hand shooting needed to be on point!

Good job Les and anyone else that got to shoot!

Artemas2
10-22-2021, 08:11 AM
I wonder if Beretta is going to start seeing a surge in popularity as a gamer gun again. Sponsoring a ton of IDPA and USPSA matches is one thing, but to have a bunch of 92 variants in the top results is pretty cool.

JCS
10-22-2021, 12:16 PM
I wonder if Beretta is going to start seeing a surge in popularity as a gamer gun again. Sponsoring a ton of IDPA and USPSA matches is one thing, but to have a bunch of 92 variants in the top results is pretty cool.

Who else shoots berettas besides JJ and Les?

Artemas2
10-22-2021, 01:22 PM
Who else shoots berettas besides JJ and Les?

to my knowledge no one. thats kinda the point I was trying to get at.

Oh if you mean just for CO nats. I should have better clarified, I meant JJ winning with one. Pre coffee posting:o

JCN
10-22-2021, 05:26 PM

It definitely adds validity / credibility.

(Not that they need it, but you know what they say about perception)

YVK
10-22-2021, 06:55 PM
92x Performance has been out for a bit, not much interest. It doesn't have an optic adapter version, at least not on their site, so I presume his is a hybrid between regular Performance and the Defensive. Beretta's site is full of livid reviews about 92 RDO - because people can't get adapter plates, apparently.
Aside from his win, I don't think that things are lining up too well for Beretta right now. I am glad that he's upholding his side of the contract. Last year was kinda rough for him, by his standards.

JCS
10-22-2021, 08:31 PM
to my knowledge no one. thats kinda the point I was trying to get at.

Oh if you mean just for CO nats. I should have better clarified, I meant JJ winning with one. Pre coffee posting:o

Personally, I don’t see the 92 becoming popular in USPSA. USPSA
people love aftermarket stuff and there isn’t an aftermarket for the 92. Some of the popular holster makers don’t even offer holsters for it. The gun 92x is on the high end of the price point.

However, if they can get their open gun working it might be a nice budget option for open division.

JCS
10-30-2021, 11:40 AM
Adding on to this thread the results of the race gun nats shows that the gun doesn't matter all that much. JJ got 2nd with a 92 variant open gun. The top 3 limited shooters all shoot plastic guns in a 2011 division. One of them shot minor with a plastic gun.

They are all also sponsored shooters by those companies so I won't pretend like it is their primary choice. But the gun matters a lot less than I want to think it does. The most popular gun in production (shadow 2) has never won a national championship. It shows the shooters not the guns win the championships.

Sal Picante
11-08-2021, 02:24 PM
It shows the shooters not the guns win the championships.

So much this...

Sal Picante
11-08-2021, 02:27 PM
Personally, I don’t see the 92 becoming popular in USPSA. USPSA
people love aftermarket stuff and there isn’t an aftermarket for the 92. Some of the popular holster makers don’t even offer holsters for it. The gun 92x is on the high end of the price point.

However, if they can get their open gun working it might be a nice budget option for open division.

IDK - we see a lot of folks with Beretta variants (LTT, Wilson, Vertec, etc) at matches locally. I won't pretend to say it has a huge market share because we know that isn't the case, but it seen as a much more viable options lately...

If Beretta could stop being Beretta for a sec and clue into the US market for a sec, they'd probably do alright. In the meantime, we've got LTT, Wilson Combat, Lok Grips, Dawson and a few others to fill the void.

joshs
11-08-2021, 09:24 PM
IDK - we see a lot of folks with Beretta variants (LTT, Wilson, Vertec, etc) at matches locally. I won't pretend to say it has a huge market share because we know that isn't the case, but it seen as a much more viable options lately...

If Beretta could stop being Beretta for a sec and clue into the US market for a sec, they'd probably do alright. In the meantime, we've got LTT, Wilson Combat, Lok Grips, Dawson and a few others to fill the void.

I just started shooting a few matches again locally, and I was surprised at the number of LTTs (mostly RDOs since USPSA has apparently been consolidated into one pistol division with a few odd individuals shooting carbines at pistol matches since I stopped shooting :P).

Bucky
11-10-2021, 07:05 AM
JJ is having an incredible year, 2nd in production, IDPA Champ, and now CO champ.

I’m really happy to see JJ’s success, and this is icing on the cake.