PDA

View Full Version : Consistency in Recoil Control

P.E. Kelley
10-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Just one of several "shorts" that I shot with a crew from Speer Ammunition.

I really do feel that a "balance of energies" is key to fast shooting.

https://youtu.be/kpfE0Wbuvyc

octagon
10-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Good to see you back posting and YT videos. It sounds similar to what Robert Vogel teaches except he focuses on inward pressure toward the centerline with thumb area of the palm whereas your technique seems to be similar but with index finger.

P.E. Kelley
10-15-2021, 07:06 PM
Good to see you back posting and YT videos. It sounds similar to what Robert Vogel teaches except he focuses on inward pressure toward the centerline with thumb area of the palm whereas your technique seems to be similar but with index finger.

I am a fan of Robert's technique/s

As too YT, don't have internet capable of uploading anything but the shortest of videos, but I can share what I help others to create and post.

ER_STL
10-16-2021, 08:44 AM
Thanks for that. I continue to enjoy the way you both shoot and explain how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.E. Kelley
10-22-2021, 03:01 PM
Thanks for that. I continue to enjoy the way you both shoot and explain how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that Speer continues to post some of the other elements I covered.

And THANK YOU for the kind words. I do get to feeling at my age I am less relevant than the current crop of YT "trainers"

JHC
10-22-2021, 05:21 PM

And THANK YOU for the kind words. I do get to feeling at my age I am less relevant than the current crop of YT "trainers"

No you are not! Very good explanation!

JohnO
10-22-2021, 07:06 PM
I was training with my son and he surreptitiously videoed me . Usually it's me videoing him. Two days afterwards he texted me this.

https://youtu.be/lMtTDsOldUI

All the wonder 9's couldn't put the bad guy down. However Mr. Browning's 1911 in God's caliber put the bad guy down. (Joking - Please not starting a caliber war.)

I think video above illustrates Mr. Kelley's points.

My son in action.

https://youtu.be/QuAz0VrOFMo

Tensaw
10-23-2021, 08:24 AM
I can’t believe I can’t figure this out myself, but what pistol is Mr. Kelley using in the video?

P.E. Kelley
10-23-2021, 10:38 AM
I can’t believe I can’t figure this out myself, but what pistol is Mr. Kelley using in the video?

CZ 75 Bullshadow. 9mm. Love that gun!

farscott
10-23-2021, 10:39 AM

Nope, you are more relevant than ever as you show and explain in great detail without ego getting in the way.

flyrodr
10-23-2021, 12:05 PM
Nope, you are more relevant than ever as you show and explain in great detail without ego getting in the way.

Absolutely. And you give this 72-year-old hope for continuing education!