PDA

View Full Version : Optimize.Me is Now Free

Chance
10-10-2021, 07:54 AM
Optimze.Me (https://www.optimize.me/) is a website containing Cliff Note-type summaries of everything from ancient philosophy to modern self-help books. It was put together by a guy named Brian Johnson who made his money in Silicon Valley, then basically decided he wanted to do the "philosophy thing" as far as he could take it. The site worked off a paid-subscription model until a few days ago when they made the content free of charge (you still need an account).

In addition to the Cliff Note-style "philosopher's notes", pretty much everything that's discussed includes videos, worksheets, and abundant references to source material. A handful of topics off their front page include productivity, habits, sleep, positive psychology, Stoicism (he's really big on Stoicism), meditation, nutrition, and numerous others. Sometimes they focus on a specific book, other times they'll focus on a broader topic and include references to a range of work.

I discovered the site earlier this year and dig around on it pretty much daily. I have read probably six books that I've found there thus far and about two dozen more are queued up - it's a genuinely impressive body of knowledge.

As a fair word of warning, they have become a little more assertive with their "coaching" program via their newsletter. Definitely not what I would call spam, but something to be aware of. That being said, I think it's absolutely worth a try and I think a lot of folks on the board would get a kick out of it.