PDA

View Full Version : SIRT AR Bolt

NETim
08-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I guess I need to get out more. I just became aware of this product for the AR platform. A search here yielded no results for the AR bolt SIRT.

Just curious if anyone has one and what they think of it.

I'm thinking it's a "gotta-have" item.

http://www.nextleveltraining.com/story/pre-order-sirt-ar-bolt

NETim
08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Alright I ordered one.

LOKNLOD
08-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Alright I ordered one.

Looking forward to a detailed report!

Odin Bravo One
08-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks for saving me the money Tim.

I'll just be waiting on this............

Looking forward to a detailed report!

NETim
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh man, the pressure's on. :)

TAZ
08-09-2012, 10:39 AM
1+ on waiting for a report on how well or poorly it performs. I expect it will do well, but would like some confirmation before plunking down some cash. That and the MP SIRT are on my Bday/Christmas list.

Sadmin
08-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Tim -

Im curious if had a chance to get this going. I have had one in my possession for a couple weeks and wanted to get your comments on it.

NETim
08-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Tim -

Im curious if had a chance to get this going. I have had one in my possession for a couple weeks and wanted to get your comments on it.

I received mine last week. I haven't played with it much. (Lost a pet and it kind of threw me for a loop.) :( Thus far though, I like the unit. The notion of sight offset is getting hammered home at household distances. It plays well with the LaserLyte target too.

The trigger break/reset is not as crisp as the real deal but it is there and usable.

Installation was easy. I am finding though, that the POI does shift a little after re-installing the unit. That could be traced to the operator though too. I need to put in more time with it.

All in all, I would give it a thumb's up.

phil_in_cs
06-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Bump; anyone have a long term review, or can point to a long term review elsewhere?

Sadmin
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Bump; anyone have a long term review, or can point to a long term review elsewhere?

Mine didn't work out very well Phil. It wouldn't activate with any consistency and the little foot that's provided broke quickly. I tried it in a diff. Upper/lower combo thinking that was the issue and it didn't function great in that one either. Any hard data your looking for?

abu fitna
06-20-2013, 03:22 PM
I have been a very big fan of the SIRT pistol, and run it daily. I was given the SIRT AR bolt as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, it was not a good product at all. The fit was a problem with a stock Colt 6920 (as many other will also attest.) Even once installed, it was clear the laser device itself simply did not work as sent from the factory. The company's customer service leaves much to be desired - essentially, their response was an email blaming user error after quite some delay. It wasn't worth the hassle to argue with them. I cannot recommend at all.

Byron
06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Of the two SIRT pistols that I own, one has gone back for service. Communication was easy and quick, as was turnaround. I couldn't have been happier with the service.

It is unfortunate to hear that the SIRT bolt isn't working as well as their pistols, and even more unfortunate to hear that customer service for it hasn't been up to snuff.

The SIRT AR bolt has been on my "I'll get around to purchasing it..." list for a long time now. There always seem to be other things that come up before it though. Sounds like it will simply fall farther and farther down that list until I hear better end-user reviews.

phil_in_cs
06-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys. The only reviews I'd found seemed either paid for, or pretty shallow in depth.

My SIRT pistol has been a huge help in training and was hoping to see the same with the AR bolt

typing errors courtesy of tapa talk hd

NETim
06-23-2013, 07:56 PM
I haven't used mine real hard but I feel it's helped my offhand shooting a fair amount, particularly when working on my weak side shooting. The trigger reset leaves something to be desired but it's usable. I'm not the most experienced AR shooter in the world so it's been helpful drilling in the notion of sight offset. Instant feedback when used with the LaserLyte target in the basement this past winter.

It ain't cheap but I'm glad I bought it.