PDA

View Full Version : Langdon Tactical...GLOCK?

JSGlock34
10-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Dunno...looks kinda Glockish to me...
p/CUtNfNhswLf

Catshooter
10-06-2021, 08:21 PM
I agree. That sure looks like a Glock profile.

jrbway
10-06-2021, 08:22 PM
According to https://www.langdontactical.com/about Ernest is carrying a G19 with "LTT Trigger Work" these days.

jrbway
10-06-2021, 08:27 PM
According to https://www.langdontactical.com/about Ernest is carrying a G19 with "LTT Trigger Work" these days.
See also https://www.langdontactical.com/products/guns/glock/ which shows options for all the popular Glock 9mm pistols including slimline and double-stack guns. They're using Apex triggers and doing some frame work (including trigger guard undercuts).

JSGlock34
10-06-2021, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anGbakhZ-E0

littlejerry
10-06-2021, 08:51 PM
... So it doesn't have a gadget?

EVP
10-06-2021, 08:55 PM
Y’all guys are awesome, the social media stuff is always new to me(I dont participate in social media), and y’all have already narrowed it down and have found products and video.

I leave my defensive Glocks stock, but I am curious to see what LTT interpretation of reliable trigger work is. I am all for it and presume it will be good(for a Glock of course).

I am a little sad, all I want is internal components to be smoothed out amd coated with np3+. But even NP3 is going away!:(

CakeEater
10-06-2021, 09:05 PM
For those that watched the video, did my eyes deceive me or were those SCDs on the backs of those pistols? Is that what’s coming down the pipe for Tau Development Group and Langdon Tactical? Enquiring minds want to know! Please and Thank you!

hiro
10-06-2021, 09:09 PM
For those that watched the video, did my eyes deceive me or were those SCDs on the backs of those pistols? Is that what’s coming down the pipe for Tau Development Group and Langdon Tactical? Enquiring minds want to know! Please and Thank you!

Looked it to me. I wonder if that's the reason things are quiet over at TDG? Moving production and stock to LTT?

(This is pure speculation, I have no source)

Noah
10-06-2021, 09:16 PM

Every Glock in the video had an SCD.

TheNewbie
10-06-2021, 09:20 PM
I bet they could make a quality safety!

wmu12071
10-06-2021, 09:26 PM
Every Glock in the video had an SCD.

I noticed this too. I would be extremely happy if they became available right now.

TheNewbie
10-06-2021, 09:34 PM
If SCDs become available again, then that will change a few things for me. Let’s hope for all that the SCD returns. Not only will it benefit Tom and LTT, it will benefit all of us.

LTT is a company I trust with any gun, even Glock.

Noah
10-06-2021, 09:55 PM
I noticed this too. I would be extremely happy if they became available right now.

SCDs are a huge part of why I only own Glocks. Their disappearance as of late has been troubling for sure. Ironically I spent 2 years carrying Langdon Berettas before Glocks with SCDs.

Noah
10-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Langdon confirmed the SCDs in the video. Pinch me.

Hot Sauce
10-06-2021, 10:21 PM
I am a little sad, all I want is internal components to be smoothed out amd coated with np3+. But even NP3 is going away!:(

It won't be available for customer supplied parts, but the announcement said manufacturers will still be able to do B2B work with Coating Technologies.

Given the existing working relationship and close geographic proximity between Ernest and the old Robar/Coating Technologies crew, I'd surmise that if anyone it going to have continued access to NP3 it'll be LTT.

Unless Coating Technologies really meant that only large OEM manufacturers will be able to contract big batches from them, in which we could all be SOL, LTT included.

TicTacticalTimmy
10-06-2021, 11:09 PM
Langdon confirmed the SCDs in the video. Pinch me.

Given that he didn't mention the SCD in the list of available upgrades I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

I do think it would be pretty cool if LTT bought Tau though, as they would have the resources to pump 'em out as well as do R&D to expand the SCD to non-glock platforms.

M2CattleCo
10-06-2021, 11:45 PM
All roads lead to a Glock 19 :eek:

hiro
10-07-2021, 12:46 AM
Given that he didn't mention the SCD in the list of available upgrades I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

I do think it would be pretty cool if LTT bought Tau though, as they would have the resources to pump 'em out as well as do R&D to expand the SCD to non-glock platforms.

I think you're right. The reason I think there might be some chance that LTT might be selling SCDs is that LTT, like any business, would promote it's products, that's the reason EL has been carrying a Glock lately, he's marketing a product he sells. Glocks ship with a working back plate, it doesn't do what an SCD does but it does what it was designed to. Given that SCD availability is low at the moment, it doesn't really make sense to promote something no one can buy. That said, he might just think it's a good product and smart upgrade.

LTT buying TDG might be a stretch, licensing production and taking on support for existing customers seem more probable.

Duelist
10-07-2021, 01:32 AM
I think you're right. The reason I think there might be some chance that LTT might be selling SCDs is that LTT, like any business, would promote it's products, that's the reason EL has been carrying a Glock lately, he's marketing a product he sells. Glocks ship with a working back plate, it doesn't do what an SCD does but it does what it was designed to. Given that SCD availability is low at the moment, it doesn't really make sense to promote something no one can buy. That said, he might just think it's a good product and smart upgrade.

LTT buying TDG might be a stretch, licensing production and taking on support for existing customers seem more probable.
A far more important upgrade in my life than an Apex trigger or trigger guard undercut. All of my glocks (save the G44 for which there is not yet one available) have SCDs. I think I have a spare sitting in my parts drawer, waiting for finances to allow purchase of a G26.5, or another 19x.

I noticed in one of the shooting sequences that Ernest did the SCD/DA trigger thumb as he holstered.

JSGlock34
10-07-2021, 06:35 AM
I think a NP3 TJIAB would be a logical addition to the product lineup. I'd like to see an option using all OEM parts (the descriptions for complete pistols seem to indicate Apex kits).

CraigS
10-07-2021, 07:04 AM
Ah jeez.

Flat6
10-07-2021, 08:00 AM
Given limited options for TDA afficionados that want a smaller carry system, I’m happy to see this. I have a 48 with maple leaf RDO cut, SCD, modified grip angle adapter. Haven’t modified the trigger but NP3 trigger sounds interesting.
Ernest carrying g19 surprised me

TheNewbie
10-07-2021, 08:11 AM
I think LTT and Apex could also make a more “DAO” type Glock trigger. With a longer, but smooth pull and break.

Anyway, I’m just rambling about my random desires. Still excited to see all this from LTT, and it will certainly be something a lot of people benefit from.

Noah
10-07-2021, 08:19 AM
I think LTT and Apex could also make a more “DAO” type Glock trigger. With a longer, but smooth pull and break.

Anyway, I’m just rambling about my random desires. Still excited to see all this from LTT, and it will certainly be something a lot of people benefit from.

The Apex connector already gives a very smooth DA style pull!

Noah
10-07-2021, 08:21 AM
https://www.langdontactical.com/products/guns/glock/

HCountyGuy
10-07-2021, 08:46 AM
Langdon going more down the rabbit hole of striker fired guns?

Ernest, blink twice if you’re under duress…

Leroy Suggs
10-07-2021, 08:58 AM
I expext to soon see a post "The Glock 19 might be the next PX4 compact".

GyroF-16
10-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Here’s the Glock 19 that LTT’s offering:
https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-glock-19-w-trigger-job/

I see an Apex trigger, LTT a trigger work, and an option for night sights and a trigger guard undercut.
No mention of a SCD.

I want there to be one. Where are others seeing it?
I understand it was visible in some videos, but I have to believe that if it was included on the LTT Glocks, they’d certainly mention it.

hiro
10-07-2021, 10:15 AM
I want there to be one. Where are others seeing it?
I understand it was visible in some videos, but I have to believe that if it was included on the LTT Glocks, they’d certainly mention it.

That's the confusing part, why show SCD style back plates on the Glocks you're marketing in your videos but not put the spiel on the web? If it's not what you're selling, why show it?

I can think of reasons why but saying anything doesn't help.

Has someone contacted LTT to ask?

RancidSumo
10-07-2021, 10:16 AM
In the market for a 43x and was hoping this would solve my SCD issue. Doesn’t look like it.

EVP
10-07-2021, 10:29 AM
I think a NP3 TJIAB would be a logical addition to the product lineup. I'd like to see an option using all OEM parts (the descriptions for complete pistols seem to indicate Apex kits).

Agreed, I would like to see a TJIB with OEM parts that’s NP3d

Side note, I tried the Apex trigger bar in my g45 and it slightly pushed the gadget out so it was not sitting flush. The gadget was designed so there is some clearance between it and the back of the striker.

Also as capable as LTT is I think if any one were granted licensing and production of the gadget, I would think Apex would be the company for it.

GJM
10-07-2021, 10:47 AM
My main take away of LTT starting to mod these is the Glock has finally become a mainstream product!

Irelander
10-07-2021, 10:52 AM
Maybe LTT isn't mentioning the SCD because SCDs have should have been on Glocks from day one so it's just a given that LTT Glocks have them.:cool:

hiro
10-07-2021, 10:53 AM
My main take away of LTT starting to mod these is the Glock has finally become a mainstream product!

Yeah, they just need to work on their market share now. Maybe get a foot in the door for LE sales.

;)

backtrail540
10-07-2021, 11:30 AM
It seems to me that everyone is reading too much into the scd's in the video. Ernest being an advocate of thumbing a hammer makes it a natural thing for him to run on his glocks. Couple that with his relationship with Todd and the fact that most people outside this forum will watch the video and not notice the scd or likely even know what it is, it probably didn't deserve the effort to swap them out simply for the video. His personal glocks most likely had them and that's what was shot in the video. Of course that is me making assumptions just like the lot of you making a mountain out of a mole hill.

tlong17
10-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Maybe they want to offer SCD as an optional add-on, but can’t because they can’t get supply just like the rest of us? And instead of delaying the launch until who knows when, they decided to move forward and add it later once they are available??

Seems logical, don’t know what the big deal is about the SCD. It’s obviously something that enhances the Glock and I imagine they want to have it be an option assuming they get supply.

arcticlightfighter
10-07-2021, 01:33 PM
Clearly, the world is ending.

TheNewbie
10-07-2021, 02:15 PM

Interesting. Would like to see how a NY1 and apex connector worked together.

Noah
10-07-2021, 02:18 PM
Interesting. Would like to see how a NY1 and apex connector worked together.

Probably very well. The Apex is simply an even more relaxed connector angle than a Minus connector for less weight and a longer rolling break.

HeavyDuty
10-07-2021, 02:20 PM
It seems to me that everyone is reading too much into the scd's in the video. Ernest being an advocate of thumbing a hammer makes it a natural thing for him to run on his glocks. Couple that with his relationship with Todd and the fact that most people outside this forum will watch the video and not notice the scd or likely even know what it is, it probably didn't deserve the effort to swap them out simply for the video. His personal glocks most likely had them and that's what was shot in the video. Of course that is me making assumptions just like the lot of you making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I disagree. Why would a specific piece of aftermarket kit be shown on examples of their new product?

backtrail540
10-07-2021, 07:48 PM
I disagree. Why would a specific piece of aftermarket kit be shown on examples of their new product?

My wager?

If I believe in the safety benefits of thumbing a hammer (he has ran DA/SA pistols for a long time) and the scd, I'm not going to forgo using one while shooting for the video simply to appease anyone - particularly when only a small handful of folks will notice what I'm doing when reholstering anyway. That is most of the scd use in the video, Ernest shooting.

The only close up of an scd that I noticed was in the part talking about sight options. When showing the rear sight the scd was plain as day but definitely not mentioned or a focal point. It looked well used and thus likely the glock that was being shot in the video was also used to take the closeup of the sights. Simple happenstance and nobody is going to take the scd off just for the shot if doing it all at the same venue, again, because outside of a small number of people only a few will notice or care.

Ernest runs an scd on his glock. His glock was used for the shooting and some pictures. Therefore the scd was bound to be in a shot. Is there any difference between using a personal gun for photos or using a stock pic to show sight options, aside from a few people here noticing? I believe not.

That's where my money is at.

Edit - there is precedent as well. They have shown personally used guns to show the work on the website before, most recently to my mind is the rdo option for px4's. A well used px4 with an sro rather than a brand new gun showcasing the work.

karandom
10-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Not full clarification, but sounds like LTT hasn't bought Tau from his YouTube comment.

HeavyDuty
10-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Not full clarification, but sounds like LTT hasn't bought Tau from his YouTube comment.

“A” company?

GJM
10-07-2021, 09:42 PM
One thing I can guarantee, is that Ernest Langdon and Tom Jones would both rather this thread be focused on the interesting LTT Glock offerings and not the SCD. I know that many of us feel very connected to the Gadget because of Todd, Tom and the forum. I was an early beta tester, including on a 10mm Glock in Alaska, while my wife tested the Gadget on her 26. No doubt, when there is SCD news we will hear it, but until then, let's focus on what LTT is offering. I would like to feel their trigger and frame undercut.

Mark D
10-07-2021, 09:54 PM
I'm really pleased that LTT has jumped into the Glock market. I dealt with LTT when I was experimenting with a Px4, and was very impressed with the quality of the parts and the customer service. I've also had the pleasure of taking one of Ernest's classes, and he was one of the most knowledgeable and nicest humans I've ever met.

I woudn't carry a Glock from Zev, Taran Tactical, or most of their peers. But I would definitely carry a Glock worked over by LTT.

hiro
10-07-2021, 10:09 PM
One thing I can guarantee, is that Ernest Langdon and Tom Jones would both rather this thread be focused on the interesting LTT Glock offerings and not the SCD. I know that many of us feel very connected to the Gadget because of Todd, Tom and the forum. I was an early beta tester, including on a 10mm Glock in Alaska, while my wife tested the Gadget on her 26. No doubt, when there is SCD news we will hear it, but until then, let's focus on what LTT is offering. I would like to feel their trigger and frame undercut.

You're right and for my part in the rumour mongering, I apologise. What will be will be with TDG, I wish Tom the best and hope he and his are well.

Back to the topic. I've always been shy of aftermarket triggers for Glocks, have kept my 17.4 stock except for the home made grip mod and stipple. I've wanted a PMO for a while, either a 19.5 or 48 and sticking with the MOS as a more affordable entry. With Langdon Tactical doing the heavy lifting on the trigger, I am pretty sure when I do buy, it will be one of their Glocks.

FreedomFries
10-07-2021, 10:50 PM

I think I've mentioned this before on another thread, but the only combination on a Glock that has ever made me almost think I was shooting a DAO is a NY1 trigger spring and the Ghost Angel 3.0 connector with grease on the ramp where the trigger bar contacts. The other connectors with more traditional geometry simply do not meet the trigger bar early enough in the pull to remove that lighter pretravel feel that is typical of striker fired pistols. For me, that includes the OEM minus and any similar aftermarket variation with slight adjustments in the ramp angle.

That said, I've not tested the NY1 Angel 3.0 faux DAO combination beyond 500 rounds because of lack of time and ammo. It also is a rather expensive connector from a company that may be regarded as a bit more mass market than Apex, so I doubt it will get much interest here, but if someone notable tests the combo and it doesn't go TU prematurely, maybe it could be the next big thing.

parishioner
10-07-2021, 10:58 PM

While I don’t think it needs to be the sole focus, I think it’s pretty reasonable that it would be discussed considering.

bigNate
10-07-2021, 11:15 PM
Little bit stunning news. Left me a little confused actually. So many years preaching DA/SA. That said. I think LTT providing Glock solutions is not only a smart business move; but a deft move by a professional gunsmith.

A true craftsman does not necessarily pick and choose what he feels is the best option, he/she services the needs of the customer - people who are intelligent and asking for help.. paying for help. I am not a Glock fan.. My first gun was a Glock 17 purchased in 1988. Never loved it. Sold it in 2000. That said. The masses have swarmed and embraced the Glock. The Glock has changed numerous aspects of pistols in general. If Earnest and Co can make these guns better for the people who love them, that's outstanding.

Now.. if he forgets us, the Beretta DA/SA enthusiasts, I will be sorely disappointed.

RJ
10-08-2021, 05:54 AM
I could not help being a little confused by the LTT Glock web site offerings.

I had a brief look last night to "build" an optic equipped G19. Starting here:

https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-glock-19-mos-w-trigger-job/

The price ranges from $669 to $921.

The first option is Glock trigger undercut, listed as "required". But then there is a "struck through" font option 'yes', and another option 'no'? Either can be selected. So is it not required then I assume. Click 'yes' I'm at $765.

Five sight options are listed. Again, they are all struck through. Selecting RMR BUIS I'm at $859.

The next option is adapter plate. Three are listed, CHPWS Red for the 407k/507k, and a CHPWS Black, same. Or no adapter plate. What is a CHPWS Red plate? Black? Why are the narrow/slim Holosun plates offered for a Glock 19 and not the 507c/407c? Why no mention of other popular optic plates? Anyway, I toss the coin and pick Red, now I am at $961.

What do I get for $961?

The following verbiage is stated as follows:

LTT Glock® 19 includes the LTT Trigger Job and the Apex Action Enhancement Kit with the option to add the following:

Undercutting the Trigger Guard
C & H Precision Speed Shoot (for quicker reloads)
C & H Precision Red dot optic plates
Back-Up Iron Sights
Night Sights
Talon Pro Grips
Laser Stippling - Brick Texture or Hand Texture

Note the phrase "with the option to add". This is confusing, since none of these options are listed in any of the drop downs, except the sights. Is undercutting the trigger guard included, or is that an "option to add"? Do I add these items to my cart, in addition to the pistol selection? So for example, if I wanted a CHPWS Speed Shoot, and a set of Talon Pro-Grips, do I add them to my cart, and will the pistol come "assembled", with the Talon grip panel applied and the Speed Shoot inserted? I assume the "trigger job" and Apex kit are included in what I get for the $961, but I need to add the others? And I assume an optic is "not included" in the price, so if I get one of these, I still have to mount the optic myself?

I certainly wish LTT well in this endeavor. It just seems to me the current web site / ordering process might be a bit easier to understand, so the customer knows what, exactly, they are getting, because right now it's a bit hard to follow.

HeavyDuty
10-08-2021, 06:28 AM

I’m very interested in the new LTT Glocks, but a SCD is an absolute requirement for me for any pistol that might be holstered for carry. It’s intertwined - no SCD, no LTT Glock. That’s why the appearance of SCDs in the video is of interest to me.

HeavyDuty
10-08-2021, 06:42 AM

I had a brief look last night to "build" an optic equipped G19. Starting here:

https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-glock-19-mos-w-trigger-job/

The price ranges from $669 to $921.

The first option is Glock trigger undercut, listed as "required". But then there is a "struck through" font option 'yes', and another option 'no'? Either can be selected. So is it not required then I assume. Click 'yes' I'm at $765.

Five sight options are listed. Again, they are all struck through. Selecting RMR BUIS I'm at $859.

The next option is adapter plate. Three are listed, CHPWS Red for the 407k/507k, and a CHPWS Black, same. Or no adapter plate. What is a CHPWS Red plate? Black? Why are the narrow/slim Holosun plates offered for a Glock 19 and not the 507c/407c? Why no mention of other popular optic plates? Anyway, I toss the coin and pick Red, now I am at $961.

What do I get for $961?

The following verbiage is stated as follows:

LTT Glock® 19 includes the LTT Trigger Job and the Apex Action Enhancement Kit with the option to add the following:

Undercutting the Trigger Guard
C & H Precision Speed Shoot (for quicker reloads)
C & H Precision Red dot optic plates
Back-Up Iron Sights
Night Sights
Talon Pro Grips
Laser Stippling - Brick Texture or Hand Texture

Note the phrase "with the option to add". This is confusing, since none of these options are listed in any of the drop downs, except the sights. Is undercutting the trigger guard included, or is that an "option to add"? Do I add these items to my cart, in addition to the pistol selection? So for example, if I wanted a CHPWS Speed Shoot, and a set of Talon Pro-Grips, do I add them to my cart, and will the pistol come "assembled", with the Talon grip panel applied and the Speed Shoot inserted? I assume the "trigger job" and Apex kit are included in what I get for the $961, but I need to add the others? And I assume an optic is "not included" in the price, so if I get one of these, I still have to mount the optic myself?

I certainly wish LTT well in this endeavor. It just seems to me the current web site / ordering process might be a bit easier to understand, so the customer knows what, exactly, they are getting, because right now it's a bit hard to follow.

It doesn’t make sense to me, either. Hopefully it will be addressed, I’m quite interested in ordering one.

1Rangemaster
10-08-2021, 07:00 AM
Like @RJ, I had the idea of going to the LTT website. He has laid out the options, and I won’t duplicate them here. They seem relatively modest. I don’t have a lot of experience with Apex, but they have a good reputation. Some LE/.mil organizations don’t allow modifications, so there is that. No mention in the website list of the SCD. It seems that LTT has heard of Cooper’s old comment on the 1911: it really “needs sights you can see, and a good trigger”.
Logical business move to address an internet market where one can pull from a list of options to customize. He does have other brands, e.g. Beretta, listed. Maybe he does 1911s next…
I’d be interested in one to feel the undercut. I think could also offer some Tango Down parts like the slide stop lever which is extended.
Best of luck to the launch of the service.

RJ
10-08-2021, 07:01 AM
It doesn’t make sense to me, either. Hopefully it will be addressed, I’m quite interested in ordering one.

I think I did figure out the struckthrough text, though. I think it just means that item is 'out of stock'. Apparently "required" just means you have to make a selection, one or the other.

Back to the LTT offerings, it seems like I've seen other aftermarket shops use "levels", or "tiers" of modification, not unlike what is employed in the automotive tuning world. There does seem a lot of benefit, in terms of clarity to the customer, in offering stages of tune in a gun, like stages of tune in a car. Something like:

- Stage 1 - Basic G19 with LTT Trigger Job, Apex connector, Apex trigger bar
- Stage 2 - Stage 1 Plus Trigger Undercut
- Stage 3 - Stage 2 Plus CHPWS plates, night sights, grip panels, etc.
- Stage 4 - The Full Monty, Big Enchilada, all-singing, all-dancing, full on "LTT Glock": Stage 3 and all the other stuff in the catalog.

Dunno if we'd ever see that, as the web site seems to have rolled out as is.

But I would be very interested in hearing what goes into a LTT Trigger job, for instance. I have Apex parts in my gamer G34. I've since gone back to a OEM '-' connector that I've polished myself, but I kept the Apex trigger bar (the Apex trigger bar appears identical to an OEM bar, less the flat face Apex shoe, which I quite like.)

I do wish Mr. Langdon well, and hope he sells a bunch of stuff.

HeavyDuty
10-08-2021, 08:04 AM
I’m hoping they will add more details about the sight options (or I’m just missing them) - I’d be ordering without an optic plate since I would be using a FCD/TD ACRO plate, and while I’m fine ordering and installing my own irons being able to have a gun ready to go sans optic out of the box would be nice.

TheNewbie
10-08-2021, 08:33 AM
I’m very interested in the new LTT Glocks, but a SCD is an absolute requirement for me for any pistol that might be holstered for carry. It’s intertwined - no SCD, no LTT Glock. That’s why the appearance of SCDs in the video is of interest to me.

We agree on this 100%, and apparently an interest in rail roads.

No doubt things will go well with LTT Glocks, but I just can’t do Glock sans SCD.

hiro
10-08-2021, 09:39 AM

<snip>

I agree the selection process wasn't smooth and having to choose the grip options on a separate page was odd. I was also left with a bunch of questions.

I think most of my concerns are the same here as for any purchase on the 'net, you don't really know how the grip and trigger will feel until it's in your hand. I'm unsure how a returns process would work but I haven't looked for info on that in the LTT website. That said, I am comfortable trusting LTT with regard to the trigger and would order the Talon grips, I wouldn't want the grip permanently modded till I had a few rounds thru it.

The choice of sights is where I found the biggest gap, the options didn't appeal to me at all. The idea of 3 coloured dots in the sight picture with the red dot is way too busy for me. I guess the web options have been simplified for coding reasons but if that's not a set up that people use on a pistol with a PMO, why include it? Am I missing something? Is it common to use night sights as back ups to dot?

With aftermarket sights fitted to a new gun, will they be adjusted to shoot POA/POI?

I was also confused by the references to RMR and SRO with the back up sights but Holosun on the adaptor plates, which sight works with the 407k/507k? Is that something I should just know?

I'm left needing to research the options listed which isn't difficult, it would have been good to have more info to hand and I have plenty of time to do that as from all the strike through font, they've sold out already. Obviously some are happy with the choices :)

TheNewbie
10-08-2021, 10:00 AM
I’m not too concerned by the confusing stuff on the site. LTT will likely fix it, they have excellent CS from what I read and this just started.

Though I will not use a Glock sans SCD unless I have to, LTT did manage to give me a little excitement about Glock.

No.6
10-08-2021, 12:54 PM
I'm confused, perhaps. Given the ease of part work on Glocks (even I can manage it, despite wedging the firing pin safety spring into the extractor plunger channel during the practical exercise), there appears to be quite a bit of overhead cost here.

Noah
10-08-2021, 02:05 PM
I'm confused, perhaps. Given the ease of part work on Glocks (even I can manage it, despite wedging the firing pin safety spring into the extractor plunger channel during the practical exercise), there appears to be quite a bit of overhead cost here.

Really? I didn't think so at all.

hiro
10-08-2021, 02:14 PM
Really? I didn't think so at all.

Nor did I, it's like with the LTT 1301, having the included extras fitted by them is a no brainer for me

RancidSumo
10-08-2021, 02:35 PM

There is almost none. Gen 5 G19 from Primary Arms is $540. Apex kit from the same source is $120 (though OOS). Total cost from PA is $660 vs. $672 from LTT.

The grip modifications aren't cheap, but aren't wildly out of line and I'm sure they will be very high quality coming from Langdon.

All of this is assuming Langdon does no trigger work other than dropping in the standard Apex kit. That is my understanding, but I'd be happy to be corrected.

No.6
10-08-2021, 04:57 PM
There is almost none. Gen 5 G19 from Primary Arms is $540. Apex kit from the same source is $120 (though OOS). Total cost from PA is $660 vs. $672 from LTT.

The grip modifications aren't cheap, but aren't wildly out of line and I'm sure they will be very high quality coming from Langdon.

All of this is assuming Langdon does no trigger work other than dropping in the standard Apex kit. That is my understanding, but I'd be happy to be corrected.

Zing! I had the 'undercut' clicked. Cue embarrassed face. (Tho if I get a gen5, it'll be at GSSF price, thanks)

cyberiad
10-08-2021, 05:52 PM

I think this is true for all "modded Glocks" or "packages" no matter who sells them. It's even true for the Beretta 92 to a large degree, save for the custom RDO cut. Hopefully, a large enough segment of gun owners will pay for the service to support and grow a business.

Duke
10-08-2021, 06:34 PM
I love the money where your mouth is - or lack thereof- in the gun community as a whole.

How many times have we heard “we’ll if they’d just make a this or a that or a red dot 92 or a whatever I’d buy 10 of ‘em”

Yea….no you wouldn’t. lol it’s 2021. There is literally nothing they don’t make at this point.

Langdon working on glocks now - so less folks will have an excuse to not buy.

Look at what you stingy bastard have done.

:cool:

Wonder9
10-08-2021, 08:56 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11aitZSSRhHYuQ/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Greg Bell
10-09-2021, 12:04 AM
This seems like a fine option for people who are looking for a no-drama option to buy a complete hot-rod Glock from a company that can be trusted. That being said, I hope they keep their focus on Beretta. I wish they would find a way to expand their DA/SA line. Perhaps CZ?

Either way I hope they are very successful with these.

Hstanton1
10-09-2021, 07:24 AM
This seems like a fine option for people who are looking for a no-drama option to buy a complete hot-rod Glock from a company that can be trusted. That being said, I hope they keep their focus on Beretta. I wish they would find a way to expand their DA/SA line. Perhaps CZ?

Either way I hope they are very successful with these.

Fuck it, classic sigs as well!

In all seriousness though, I agree. This seems like a great easy button for what is more or less a factory semi-custom Glock.

RJ
10-09-2021, 08:34 AM

Perhaps, perhaps not? The web site content I posted seems to indicate there is some work involved:

...LTT Glock® 19 includes the LTT Trigger Job and the Apex Action Enhancement Kit...

I'd be curious to know what that "Trigger job" entails for a Glock, beyond say, what most YouTube gunsmiths like me can achieve.

RJ
10-09-2021, 08:37 AM
Sorry for another tangent, but did anyone else notice the Shield Arms mags in use on the G48 in the video? Plus, seems to me there was a SA mag release in the frame, as well. Could not tell for sure, but they looked like the revised Gen 2 mags that came out a few months ago.

Bucky
10-10-2021, 05:07 AM
Fuck it, classic sigs as well!

In all seriousness though, I agree. This seems like a great easy button for what is more or less a factory semi-custom Glock.

Langdon did work on classic Sigs at one time.

HTM
10-10-2021, 05:56 AM
What’s special about EL installing parts from other aftermarket companies and people paying a premium? Can’t blame the guy for another revenue stream though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hstanton1
10-10-2021, 09:07 AM
Langdon did work on classic Sigs at one time.

I knew he shot them for a bit and assumed that since he was shooting them he was also working on them, didn’t know he offered services on them at one point though.

JSGlock34
10-10-2021, 10:18 AM
There was also a Langdon Edition P220 (I believe to commemorate Ernest's IDPA victory).

gato naranja
10-10-2021, 10:57 AM
It makes sense to offer this. Heck, if I was in the same situation, I'd do it... and I don't even like shooting Glocks.*

*I hated the things for some time, but came to the conclusion that the (second gen then third gen) G19 was probably the best general-purpose SHTF semiauto handgun around. I still don't enjoy shooting them, but once enjoyment is dead as a shooting consideration, that won't matter.

TCinVA
10-10-2021, 11:36 AM
This seems like a fine option for people who are looking for a no-drama option to buy a complete hot-rod Glock from a company that can be trusted.

That's exactly what it is.

At the moment there are literally millions of new gun owners out there who have gone out to get some training and are now seeing some of the limitations of their equipment. I've taught dozens of newbies in the last couple of years.

A particular client is a good example: She started with the single stack Glocks because they fit her small hands. She has had multiple problems with each of the guns she's purchased. Just a couple of weeks ago her G48 with the silver slide finish was giving her fits in a private session. I borrowed the gun from her and pressed the trigger and instantly understood why she was struggling. The trigger press was like dragging an anvil through gravel. I took the gun apart, blasted it with some aerosol cleaner and applied a generous portion of Amsoil's gun lube and that made it better, but the gun itself has problems.

She shot my G17...which is set up really, really well. Naturally she loved it and asked if she could get a Glock her size set up the same way. "Yes...all you need to do is change out this list of parts."

...and that's where she lost interest. She doesn't want to take the thing apart and replace fire control bits because she's not comfortable that she can work on the gun without harming the safety or reliability of it. She didn't buy a gun to get a build-it-yourself project.

A gun that LTT sets up for her is enormously attractive. She puts down the money, she gets a gun set up for her that works and has support if there is an issue. She tried to buy one when it was announced, but LTT sold out immediately. Which I find amusing given how butt hurt some people seem to be that Ernest is doing work on Glocks, now. Like he's personally betrayed them or something. Of course, some of that flak I've seen has come from instructors who don't have Ernest's accomplishments or business success...so there's something to that as well.

Here's why I think LTT is doing an enormous service: There are nearly limitless options for Glock trigger parts out there...and a whole bunch of them are fucking dangerously unsafe. (Anyone remember Haley's Skimmer trigger?) I see guns in class on a regular basis that do everything from failing to function to essentially randomly becoming Glock 18's and there's usually some mish-mash of different components inside the gun that turns it into a fucking mess. And that's not counting the number of not-Glock copycats getting built and sold these days.

Glock knows how their molding and machining processes vary as they produce guns. Nobody reverse engineering a set of Glock parts by examining some production samples knows that. Which is why one guy can buy some Zev trigger bits and they seem to work ok in his gun, but the other guy down the line has a gun that intermittently fails to reset. Both are using Glocks, but the differences in those guns are not accounted for by the reverse engineered stuff.

There's one company out there that is an exception to the general rule of Glocks are best left the fuck alone: Apex. Making parts that are sold on the open market is one of the things Apex does. It's not the only thing they do. One of their main lines is actually doing engineering work for the firearms industry. This gives them insight into how guns are built that most companies lack. Apex was probably one of the last companies to bring replacement Glock fire control bits to market...because they took a lot of time developing and testing them to ensure they'd work right in any Glock you dropped them in. They do a lot of quality control to ensure their parts meet their spec.

All that is likely why LTT is partnering with them. LTT likely buys in bulk getting a good price, performs the installation and safety checks, and the customer gets a gun that comes in not too far off from what it would cost them to buy and build it themselves, only it was built by someone who knows more about building guns right than they do and all they have to do is load it up and shoot it.

Same for mounting optics. While I don't think of mounting optics as a difficult task, a lot of people find it vexing. Of course, I change my own spark plugs and I'll do a brake job on a 25 year old Jeep in a gravel driveway without second thought. Most people ain't like me. So getting the right fasteners and mounts and making it all work together can be intimidating for people who don't know what a torque wrench is. And while I've got a fair number of tools even I don't have a torque screwdriver for inch pounds and I have no desire to buy one. I use my highly calibrated elbow to torque to a precise figure of "enough" when I'm installing optics. So far it's worked out for me.

So LTT has created a service that allows you to input a credit card number and receive a gun that you just lube, load, and shoot. Which is apparently appealing enough that they sold out of their inventory on day 1 and are probably a long way towards selling out their second shipment about now.

It makes sense. And it's a really attractive thing for a lot of people who aren't obsessive gun nerds but want a sorted Glock.

I'm unlikely to buy one because I've already done all that work to my Glocks on my own...but LTT isn't marketing this to me. It looks like they are going after those millions of new gun owners who know enough to want something a little bit better than factory but don't want the hassle. Being the easy button to a sorted Glock that someone just leaves the fuck alone is probably going to be pretty successful in the long term.

TCinVA
10-10-2021, 11:55 AM
And since I'm feeling ranty, yes...someone can be dead on in their overall criticisms of a particular pistol's flaws and still provide customized versions of the things.

There are significant drawbacks to a pistol with a ~ 5-6 pound trigger, no manual safety, no hammer to block, and that requires a trigger press to disassemble. Those traits have consequences in the hands of human beings.

The market doesn't give a fuck.

Consumers, police agencies, and even the military at this point are all on board the plastic striker-fired pistol with light triggers train. (The 320 is basically a 1911 with no safety. It's ridiculous) I've even encountered sentiments out there that striker-fired guns are "modern technology" because a bunch of people buying these things are fucking clueless to the fact that the first semi-automatic firearm was striker fired. In the same way that kids these days don't seem to realize socialism has been tried multiple times before and it's always devolved into genocidal disaster.

People are going to be buying plastic striker-fired guns. And they're going to be modifying them, often with poor quality parts that take the already thin margins on these things and shave them even thinner. LTT can build a plastic striker-fired gun that achieves the performance enhancements folks are looking for without really lowering the already slim margin of error for handling these things have.

This forum has hosted more intelligent discussion on the real-world implications of Glock's design choices than any other place I know of. (Actual discussion is impossible in most places because of simian shit flinging by mid-wits who don't understand human behavior under stress) Todd and Ernest were leaders in those discussions and we still have the benefit of being able to look at those conversations for the full appreciation of the nuance and arguments involved. (It was never STRIKER GUNS BAD!)

Gun buyers don't give a shit.

Hell, I helped found this place so we could have those discussions. And I haven't changed my positions on any of the issues whatsoever...and I'm carrying a Glock 17 on a daily basis. Because even with its drawbacks it still makes sense for where I'm at right now.

TGS
10-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Meh.

After giving it some time, I'm still seeing little about this that is interesting, original, or in any way different from what anyone else does with Glocks.

With that said, if he can separate fools from their money then more power to him.

TicTacticalTimmy
10-10-2021, 12:33 PM
Great rant TCinVA . I have to admit, I think you've changed my perspective on the LTT Glock.

As a diehard TDA user I felt just a bit betrayed by the idea of one of the big TDA proponents/shops working on Glocks/Hellcats. But the way you put it, it absolutely makes sense to make the move Ernest is making. What I didn't realize before was how the custom Glocks dovetails into LTT's whole new shooter outreach social media thing they just launched. These are marketed to the types of people that might otherwise be buying an overpriced Gucci Glock with questionable safety/reliability, and at least these buyers will be getting a reliable and safe weapon that is ready to go. Furthermore at the prices these are being sold at they compete with factory pistols striker fired pistols from many manufacturers and may be a lot of new gun owners first or second weapon. Finally, selling these types of folks a gun gives LTT the possibility of marketing to them in the future and perhaps selling them on the benefits of a TDA, and may in the long run increase the numbers of dedicated TDA users.

As a small business owner myself, when I am designing my product I don't think about what I would want. I am thinking about the profile/desires of my most likely clients. I have always had envy for those who are able to turn their passion into their vocation, and especially if they own their business. LTT adding something they are (I assume) slightly less passionate about to support the core of their business is perfectly reasonable, and still a tremendous improvement compared to the depersonalized trading of time/energy for money that most modern people experience 9-5.

willie
10-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Meh.

After giving it some time, I'm still seeing little about this that is interesting, original, or in any way different from what anyone else does with Glocks.

With that said, if he can separate fools from their money then more power to him.

I agree. I would if I could. Once a dude sold me a breeding pair of Emu's. Both tried to fuck me. They were males. Being old and dumb, I best not show my ignorance in this thread except to say I prefer stock Glocks.

Elwin
10-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Springboarding off of what TC said, I'm really glad this is a thing, even though I don't see myself owning any Glocks any time soon. Like most here I get pretty frequent questions like "what pistol should I buy" and "I need a carry gun, help." My default advice, unless specific circumstances call for something different, is "Get a 9mm Glock in a size that's appropriate for your intended use." I know full well that a stock Glock may not ultimately be the perfect gun for them, though.

The LTT easy button option means I don't necessarily have to caveat my advice with "but you might end up switching away from Glocks later." They still might, but it's less likely they'll "need" to. It's likely they'll be able to upgrade to an LTT version of what they have and keep using all the same holsters and mags, plus keeping the original gun as a backup, all without even having to learn how to instal sights.

Noah
10-10-2021, 02:27 PM
The website options for the optics plates seem to have been fixed.

awp_101
10-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Springboarding off of what TC said, I'm really glad this is a thing, even though I don't see myself owning any Glocks any time soon.
Same here but based on just dry firing my LTT 92C, an LTT 19 will be at the top of the list if I do find myself wanting/needing a Glock.

BWT
10-10-2021, 04:47 PM
I’m excited for this and I think it’s an intriguing development and will help improve the platform.

I find it interesting (to me personally) - he picked the same plate, decal grips, etc. that I did (his are pro and mine are granulate). What this does do is confirm for me my section choice.

I’ll keep an eye on the Apex Trigger. Also, Ernest runs a business - he’s done some awesome work for Beretta but nobody here freaked out when he started modifying Springfield Armory guns or Beretta shotguns. It’s a bit inconsistent that we do when he modifies Glocks. There’s a market demand and I’m hopeful for Ernest! Good luck to him.

RancidSumo
10-11-2021, 09:51 AM
Perhaps, perhaps not? The web site content I posted seems to indicate there is some work involved:

...LTT Glock® 19 includes the LTT Trigger Job and the Apex Action Enhancement Kit...

I'd be curious to know what that "Trigger job" entails for a Glock, beyond say, what most YouTube gunsmiths like me can achieve.

I asked and was told they are stoned and hand polished.

WobblyPossum
10-11-2021, 11:51 AM
A lot of people seem to be freaked out about EL working on and selling Glocks. It’s my understanding that he used to be a heavy Glock user, like fired more rounds through Glocks than most of the members of this forum combined heavy, some years ago.

BJJ
10-14-2021, 04:52 PM
If anyone gets their hands on a Langton modified Glock please post your thoughts. I’ve only seen one review. It was very positive.

M2CattleCo
10-14-2021, 09:20 PM
A Gen5 NP3 TJIB would be a good thing.

GJM
10-14-2021, 11:23 PM
As TC mentioned, with these Glocks Ernest is not targeting the typical PF member, who can recite the difference in the various Glock mods and how they play together. This is similar in concept to what the Gunsite Gunsmithy did to a 1911 at Jeff’s behest — sights, trigger and break the edges, for someone who wants more than a box stock Glock, but isn’t sure what mods to go with. Way better than the gold coated barrels and the other crap that comes on most Gucci Glocks.

HCountyGuy
10-15-2021, 02:14 PM
As TC mentioned, with these Glocks Ernest is not targeting the typical PF member, who can recite the difference in the various Glock mods and how they play together. This is similar in concept to what the Gunsite Gunsmithy did to a 1911 at Jeff’s behest — sights, trigger and break the edges, for someone who wants more than a box stock Glock, but isn’t sure what mods to go with. Way better than the gold coated barrels and the other crap that comes on most Gucci Glocks.

Woah now, how else is a novice going to turn their 15 inch grouping at 5 yards in to 14 inches without taking a class?

UNM1136
10-15-2021, 03:08 PM
A Gen5 NP3 TJIB would be a good thing.

This. And Gen4. And Gen3...

I'd be in for a half dozen tomorrow. And I only have two Glocks right now. But I have three kids. And I need at least two more Glocks for myself.

pat

hiro
10-15-2021, 03:32 PM

This is where I'm at with it.

I would like to think I'm a step above your average gun owner but I'm nowhere near the level of some here.

Field strip, clean, lube, no problem, I will learn to detail strip the pistol but I've not had the need to yet and so I'd rather pay someone who knew what they were doing to pick and fit an improved trigger.

I like the idea of an "improved" Glock even tho I cannot out shoot the mechanical accuracy of the one I own. You know - reasons - same one that has me hankering for a 12.5" 6.8 SBR.

My eyes are at the point where I need glasses to see a crisp target but the front sight is fine, PMO should answer that.

I can't fathom why anyone would spend the kind of money the Gucci Glocks go for, but you earn it, you spend it, ROWYCO...

No brainer really...

rd62
10-15-2021, 04:16 PM
I was considering a Gen 5 in the new year, so this seems like an easy button option.

BJJ
10-15-2021, 09:43 PM
I am planning on sending a Gen 5 Glock 17 to Langdon in the near future. It occurred to me that between the gun, the mods, the chpws plate and the optic (Holosun 509T V2) I’ll have about $1150 into the setup. I’m pretty sure I’ll like it less than the P320 with optic that I paid $900 for.

I’ll console myself with the idea that the Glock’s safeties are without question whereas the P320’s are controversial. (I hope I’m not starting a wicked thread drift with that statement.)

It looks like Langdon is charging the same or slightly less for apex hardware plus his trigger work than you would pay for just the hardware ordered straight from apex. Which you can’t do because they’re out of stock. Probably because Langdon has them all!

Greg Bell
10-15-2021, 11:35 PM
I am one Rum fueled night from ordering a Glock from them.

BJJ
10-16-2021, 06:29 AM
I am one Rum fueled night from ordering a Glock from them.

Ha! Do it! Just make a video review during another run fueled night.

Bucky
10-16-2021, 07:03 AM
Ha! Do it! Just make a video review during another run fueled night.

Run fueled vs Rum fueled, very different experience.

fpnunes
10-16-2021, 06:20 PM
Well, I don't know about making a rash rum decision, but I may have made a purchase or two after a second Bourbon. Oh what the hell, let me look at Ernie's page again. Damn enablers...

GJM
10-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Well, I don't know about making a rash rum decision, but I may have made a purchase or two after a second Bourbon. Oh what the hell, let me look at Ernie's page again. Damn enablers...

Calling him Ernie moves your order to Q4 2022.

JSGlock34
10-16-2021, 07:14 PM
New grip texturing...
p/CVG4ZmUs7Tj

hiro
10-16-2021, 08:40 PM
New grip texturing...
p/CVG4ZmUs7Tj

When I first looked at the LTT website when you started the thread, I saw that option but wasn't sure about it.

What are it's merits other than a distinctive visual?

No.6
10-16-2021, 09:13 PM
When I first looked at the LTT website when you started the thread, I saw that option but wasn't sure about it.

It's been said now and again the Glocks are bricks... :D

23JAZ
10-16-2021, 09:15 PM
ND sorry.

GJM
10-16-2021, 09:19 PM

That pistol is crying out for a TLR-7!

fpnunes
10-16-2021, 09:45 PM
Calling him Ernie moves your order to Q4 2022.

Blame it on the bourbon but it is probably still worth the wait. :D

feudist
10-17-2021, 12:11 AM
ND sorry.

NO GLOCK FOR YOU!

hiro
10-17-2021, 12:22 AM
NO GLOCK FOR YOU!

Obviously wasn't running his thumb on the hammer

TCinVA
10-17-2021, 03:25 PM
If anyone gets their hands on a Langton modified Glock please post your thoughts. I’ve only seen one review. It was very positive.

I don't have an LTT modified gun, but I do have Apex parts in my Gen5 Glock pistols.

The Gen5 Glocks in 9mm tend to be considerably more accurate than previous generation Glocks. The first Gen5 I purchased is probably legitimately a 1" or less gun at 25. I know it seems like a weird metric, but I've killed a pile of squirrels with it. Shots on the squirrels have ranged from 25 yards to just under 70, and each one was aiming at the vitals and hitting said vitals with +P 124 grain HST. Including one where I aimed at the little bastard's head at about 40 yards and threaded an HST through the CNS. (Witnessed)

I think that gun is exceptionally accurate, but all of them seem to be a considerable step up in the accuracy you can expect over prior generation guns. Glock has re-worked the barrel fit, geometry, and possibly even chamber dimensions in a deliberate effort to make the guns more accurate and it seems to work.

They get hotter than previous generation Glock pistols. (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?36986-Gen5-Glock-heat-issues%2Fpage5) Likely because of changes to the surface hardening and/or finish Glock is now using. So if you are shooting a high round count or if you are using them on hot, sunny days you need to be mindful of that.

I've used the guns stock and with the Apex parts, and the Apex parts have considerable advantages. Just the Apex trigger and trigger bar in the gun reduces overtravel on the trigger, which is where I find a lot of the propensity to steer the gun at the point of ignition happens. ("Glocks shoot left") The shape of the trigger is likely helpful for helping get a better angle on the trigger for some people. (Doesn't do much for me) Adding in the Apex disconnector doesn't dramatically impact felt pull weight, but it does seem to smooth out the experience of the trigger press.

That in and of itself is nice as it results in a trigger press that doesn't noticeably change during the process. In other words, there's still the Glock style takeup in the trigger but once you actually start moving the striker the trigger seems to "roll" right through. That makes it easier to shoot well.

I can imagine that if LTT's employees are actually doing work to the parts that the result will be a trigger that's even better than the one in my guns.

Glocks are still far from ideal for me because they just don't fit my hands well...but the modifications I've made to mine allow me to perform at a very high level none the less.

So you can expect the mods to make it easier to shoot the guns well either for maximum accuracy or at speed.

The Glock MOS might not be the ideal setup but it works well enough, especially if you have someone who knows what they are doing install the adapter plates properly so you don't have to worry about breaking fasteners in the slide, etc. So I'm sure that will be a load off most people's minds. (Although my Glocks wear an Aimpoint adapter plate and a FCD adapter plate as I have Acro sights on my pistols)

It'll be really hard to go wrong with an LTT package on a Glock if you don't have some sort of severe objection to Glock pistols. If this had been available a couple of years ago when I swapped to Glocks so I could figure out dots, I'd have bought one. The packages on offer here are mostly what I've done to my own guns more incrementally over time.

TCinVA
10-17-2021, 03:28 PM

I install a section of 3M safety tape on my guns right around the thumb imprint on the left side of the gun. I do that because I find the meat of my support hand thumb "drumstick" hits right there and I need extra traction at exactly that point to get enough bite to help keep the gun from squirming under recoil. It looks like the LTT laser mods add texture right there which might eliminate the need for that.

DpdG
10-18-2021, 11:22 PM
Anyone heard about the possibility of a TJIB? I’ve already done most of the frame/slide mods, but assuming LTT does more than just box stock Apex parts, I’d really be interested in the LTT trigger package.

beenalongtime
10-18-2021, 11:50 PM
Anyone heard about the possibility of a TJIB? I’ve already done most of the frame/slide mods, but assuming LTT does more than just box stock Apex parts, I’d really be interested in the LTT trigger package.

He hasn't even had the XDE TJIAB in stock for a LONG time.

Manbearspider
10-19-2021, 10:01 AM
This might be what gets me to finally buy a Glock... I mean this is just about the setup I'd been bouncing around in my head to finally make the jump, but put together by the only folks I trust to do a trigger job on my guns.

Capnut
10-20-2021, 05:03 PM
I think a NP3 TJIAB would be a logical addition to the product lineup.