PDA

View Full Version : Florida man catches and releases

LittleLebowski
09-30-2021, 09:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-oqcnoQ92c

UNM1136
09-30-2021, 09:31 AM
I see what you did there!!!

I like gator, chunked up and deep fried or braised in gumbo. And I would learn leatherworking to make a classy belt and holster combo. Wouldn`t of needed the trash can. Good suppressor laws here, but no gators.

pat

Bergeron
09-30-2021, 10:33 AM
Do you prefer the alligator in a seafood gumbo or in a chicken and sausage gumbo? I get the sense that it would fit best in a chicken and sausage, but the meat is relatively expensive without bringing particularly exceptional flavor or texture. If I happened to kill one of sufficiently substantial size, I'd probably try cooking it a bunch of different ways, but I've mostly only ever had it at restaurants.

RJ
09-30-2021, 10:33 AM
Well it kinda looks like a recycling bin, so...:cool:

Good video and story. Guy has more stones than I do, that's for sure. We see the small ones here from time to time in the lakes hereabouts. Was paddling a kayak with Mrs. RJ at Wekiwa Springs, NW of Orlando once. We were about 45' away from a good sized gator, maybe 8', when I first noticed him. We got past a good 20 feet before I mentioned it to her. :)

wvincent
09-30-2021, 11:05 AM
I see what you did there!!!

I like gator, chunked up and deep fried or braised in gumbo. And I would learn leatherworking to make a classy belt and holster combo. Wouldn`t of needed the trash can. Good suppressor laws here, but no gators.

pat

You must have cracked the code, because every time I've had gator it tasted like chicken marinated in muddy water.
Care to share the secret?

Somehow, I suspect, you can make anything taste great. You got "skillz"!

UNM1136
09-30-2021, 11:10 AM
You must have cracked the code, because every time I've had gator it tasted like chicken marinated in muddy water.
Care to share the secret?

Somehow, I suspect, you can make anything taste great. You got "skillz"!

Nah, so far my gators have been farmed. Would not mind samplin' free range gator....

And the fact that catfish is hands down my favorite ichthyoid to consume may explain why chicken marinated in muddy water doesn't phase me.

I can't remember...did you draw oryx this year or are you putting in for next year?

pat