PDA

View Full Version : Saloman Speedcross still the go to?

RJ
09-20-2021, 06:51 AM
At this weekend's match here in damp, rainy Florida, many of the stages were on a mix of mud and grass, with some gravel thrown in. On Stage 1, hustling to the location where I planned to draw, my footing gave way as I slowed to a stop, and I ended up on my butt. I had not drawn my gun and the G34 remained securely in my Blade Tech holster. I wiped my hands as best I could and finished the stage.

I have a wide foot (8.5 EEE) and don't really like narrow toe boxes. I have been using an older pair of Merrill Moab Vents, but tried some knock-off tan mid-rise boots yesterday. They were good for dry traction and I liked the ankle support, but clearly were not up to the conditions at the match. They also got wet and the glue started coming undone on the sole. So much for cheap knock-offs.

So I see a lot of the G/M/A shooters with Salomons. I checked into options and these seem to be "Saloman Speedcross", most commonly.

Are these still the go to shoe for USPSA?

I was thinking another option would be plastic cleated baseball or soccer shoes; especially in wet muddy conditions they'd be good. Maybe not so much on hard surfaces like plywood or such on a stage, though.

Any other suggestions for a good all-around shoe to deal with typical FL conditions, with a wide size option, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Crashpad
09-20-2021, 07:42 AM
At this weekend's match here in damp, rainy Florida, many of the stages were on a mix of mud and grass, with some gravel thrown in. On Stage 1, hustling to the location where I planned to draw, my footing gave way as I slowed to a stop, and I ended up on my butt. I had not drawn my gun and the G34 remained securely in my Blade Tech holster. I wiped my hands as best I could and finished the stage.

I have a wide foot (8.5 EEE) and don't really like narrow toe boxes. I have been using an older pair of Merrill Moab Vents, but tried some knock-off tan mid-rise boots yesterday. They were good for dry traction and I liked the ankle support, but clearly were not up to the conditions at the match. They also got wet and the glue started coming undone on the sole. So much for cheap knock-offs.

So I see a lot of the G/M/A shooters with Salomons. I checked into options and these seem to be "Saloman Speedcross", most commonly.

Are these still the go to shoe for USPSA?

I was thinking another option would be plastic cleated baseball or soccer shoes; especially in wet muddy conditions they'd be good. Maybe not so much on hard surfaces like plywood or such on a stage, though.

Any other suggestions for a good all-around shoe to deal with typical FL conditions, with a wide size option, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Look at Topo's offerings. Topo and Altra are all I wear because of their wide tow boxes. Altra only offers zero drop, which not everyone likes, but Topo offers zero drop, low drop (3-5mm) and higher drop.

GJM
09-20-2021, 07:44 AM
Inov8

ASH556
09-20-2021, 07:44 AM
I wanted to be like all the cool kids in Salomons, but they are incredibly narrow shoes. I have a pair of Keen Targhee III's that work well for me and some others I've seen. Much better for wider feet.

Cory
09-20-2021, 08:05 AM
I wear a air of Salomon's as my everyday walk around shoes. I think they're XA Pro 3Ds or something like that. They're not the super duper fancy ones. I liked the idea of the speed laces, wanted to try the brand, and were on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I don't find them to be narrow at all, but my foot might not be as wide as yours. I think they're pretty comfortable, and I like the speed laces. They grip pretty well, and I don't think I've fallen in them doing anything.

At work I wear Keen. They are definitely roomier in the toe. They took longer to break in and fit me well. I goofed up by buying waterproof, and here in FL that's just too damn hot for my feet. They're ASTM rated for safety and I haven't slipped with them at all. They're heavier, but that's what you get with a safety shoe. The construction is definitely stout though.

P30
09-20-2021, 08:10 AM
I wanted to be like all the cool kids in Salomons, but they are incredibly narrow shoes. I have a pair of Keen Targhee III's that work well for me and some others I've seen. Much better for wider feet.
I don't have Salomons (nor wide feet) but found this:

salomon.com/de-de/shop-emea/product/speedcross-5-wide.html (https://www.salomon.com/de-de/shop-emea/product/speedcross-5-wide.html)

Don't know if this "wide" variant is also narrow.

PS:
Cool song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa98LMk7s0w)

rca90gsx
09-20-2021, 08:22 AM
The Speedcross shoes are great, but the normal version is a very narrow shoe, the wide shoe version posted above maybe worth looking into, but I will second GJM'S post above and say that the Innov8 shoes are really nice as well.

Guerrero
09-20-2021, 08:22 AM
I'm a big fan of the Merrill MOAB GTX shoes, both the low and the mid's. I wear the lows all summer, then switch to the mids in fall and winter. The GTX ones are better than the waterproof ones for keeping your feet dry, and I use them in all sorts of sloppy, slushy stuff until the snow gets to my ankles.

JCS
09-20-2021, 08:43 AM
Shoes can help but you may find that footwork is the answer. We have a lot of gravel at my range and there’s just no good solutions. Deceleration at speed is a skill. Getting going is easy. It’s the stopping on loose surfaces that requires skill. Do you walk on grass the same as you walk on an icy sidewalk? Obviously not. Approach differing terrains different and practice going full speed in walkthrough to test the surface.

For shoes boombas are a good cheap option popular in USPSA.

vcdgrips
09-20-2021, 09:23 AM
Based on my time w Scouts, the default recommendations for Dad with wide feet were New Balance and Keen given NBs availability of 2E/4E shoes and Keens wider toe box across the line.

I have hiked in a pair of Inov8s and Merrell Moab Ventilators when I was preparing for Philmont. Merrell claims to have wide widths in that shoe as well.

It is true that Salomon now advertised they have wides. Proceed with caution as their normal shoe was definitely on the narrow side such that their wides, I suspect, will come in on the narrow side relatively speaking.

The brand itself is extremely popular in LEO circles as well as both a lifestyle/daily driver and tactical shoe displacing Merrell as the shoe I see the most on agents these days.

Finally, if it matters, Salomon is owned by a mainland China conglomerate.

Clusterfrack
09-20-2021, 09:41 AM
I like the Salomon Speedcross and have a couple pairs of the old Fellraisers. But on the gravel we typically shoot on here, nothing works as well for me as baseball cleats (https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFF782O/). They last me about a year, and I can buy two for the price of one pair of Salomon.

Note: soccer cleats are a no-go, since they lack front spikes.

Norville
09-20-2021, 10:08 AM
I just RO’d the WI Section match, and I’d say it was 2/3 Salomon, 1/3 everything else.

I have two pairs, one mesh and one Goretex. Plus a pair of Inov8 that I got on closeout. Bombas are cheaper and people seem to like them, maybe because there are cheaper. The Adidas trail shoe is pretty aggressive as well, I saw a few of those.

One of my fellow ROs was wearing the Hoka One mid hikers, not to shoot but for RO tasks they were more than adequate, and superbly comfortable with the huge amount of padding.

vcdgrips
09-20-2021, 11:04 AM
My "running" shoe used to be a Brooks Adrenaline GTS as I supinate and need the stability. I recently bought a pair of Hoka Gaviota 3. They are a game changer in terms of comfort.
I know they have a fairly wide toe box in their "regulars" and have some in wide as well

Hoka's Trail Running Shoe in wide-The Speedgoat 4

https://www.hoka.com/en/us/mens-trail/speedgoat-4/1106525.html?dwvar_1106525_color=DGGA

RJ
09-20-2021, 11:32 AM
Based on my time w Scouts, the default recommendations for Dad with wide feet were New Balance and Keen given NBs availability of 2E/4E shoes and Keens wider toe box across the line.

I have hiked in a pair of Inov8s and Merrell Moab Ventilators when I was preparing for Philmont. Merrell claims to have wide widths in that shoe as well.

It is true that Salomon now advertised they have wides. Proceed with caution as their normal shoe was definitely on the narrow side such that their wides, I suspect, will come in on the narrow side relatively speaking.

The brand itself is extremely popular in LEO circles as well as both a lifestyle/daily driver and tactical shoe displacing Merrell as the shoe I see the most on agents these days.

Finally, if it matters, Salomon is owned by a mainland China conglomerate.

Holy crap you went to Philmont?! If you mentioned it before I missed it. Awesome.

I got my Arrowhead badge in 2010, and it was the hardest physical thing I've ever accomplished.

JCN
09-20-2021, 12:00 PM
I like the Salomon Speedcross and have a couple pairs of the old Fellraisers. But on the gravel we typically shoot on here, nothing works as well for me as baseball cleats (https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFF782O/). They last me about a year, and I can buy two for the price of one pair of Salomon.

Note: soccer cleats are a no-go, since they lack front spikes.

I have a set of those Adidas baseball cleats and I went back to my trusty Inov8s.

I think while the Adidas have better ultimate grip, the Inov8 were more versatile with regard to non-slip on wood props and stability on fault lines. In addition I get a lot more tactile feedback through my feet with the softer rubber which helps my footwork and foot placement.

Overall I wound up deciding on feel and feedback more than speed if that makes sense.

Clusterfrack
09-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Yes, I bring at least two pairs of shoes to major matches. The gravel is so deep at my local clubs that a lot of people don't actually RUN. For ninja stuff, I agree. Trail runners FTW.

I have a set of those Adidas baseball cleats and I went back to my trusty Inov8s.

I think while the Adidas have better ultimate grip, the Inov8 were more versatile with regard to non-slip on wood props and stability on fault lines. In addition I get a lot more tactile feedback through my feet with the softer rubber which helps my footwork and foot placement.

Overall I wound up deciding on feel and feedback more than speed if that makes sense.

JCN
09-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Yes, I bring at least two pairs of shoes to major matches. The gravel is so deep at my local clubs that a lot of people don't actually RUN. For ninja stuff, I agree. Trail runners FTW.

I wasn’t going to post this lest RJ gets sucked into MORE hardware to fix software issues, but my passenger floor well has Inov8 for matches, waterproof Inov8 boots for rain/mud, baseball cleats for deep stuff and no wood (rope fault lines some clubs) and Boombahs for practice range stuff. :D

But I can still get beaten by people in tennis shoes. :D

vcdgrips
09-20-2021, 01:37 PM
RJ- Trek 16, Summer of 2014 with my son. He turned 15 on the trail and was rewarded with 2 Butterscotch Puddings!
73 Miles on the Guide, 100+ with side hikes etc over 10 days in the field. Simply Magical.

GJM
09-20-2021, 01:56 PM
This might be a good time to remind everyone of that great old Solomon thread, that ended up with the x-ray.

RJ
09-20-2021, 02:02 PM
Simply Magical.

Truth.

Trek 2010-0723 here. 68 miles, including Mt. Phillips. 11 days, one hot shower and all the Almond Paste I could eat. For some reason, no one wanted Almond Paste, so it was plentiful in the trade boxes.

Coming down the Tooth on that razorback shale was a trip. I brought two trekking poles and really needed them by that point because I was whipped.

My wife was not impressed with my beard of two weeks, though. And despite several showers at the inward bound area before flying back from ABQ to Orlando, she still said I smelled bad. :)

Most rewarding outdoor experience I've ever had.

RJ
09-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Look at Topo's offerings. Topo and Altra are all I wear because of their wide tow boxes. Altra only offers zero drop, which not everyone likes, but Topo offers zero drop, low drop (3-5mm) and higher drop.

Checked into Topo, chosing a style at random, no wide shoe size offered.

Same for Altra, just regular sizes, unfortunately.

Checked out the Keens; they have a solid reputation, for sure. Mrs. RJ has a pair of Keens, and quite likes them. Thanks.

I don't have Salomons (nor wide feet) but found this:

salomon.com/de-de/shop-emea/product/speedcross-5-wide.html (https://www.salomon.com/de-de/shop-emea/product/speedcross-5-wide.html)

Don't know if this "wide" variant is also narrow.

Thanks, that (Saloman Speedcross Wide) is exactly the one I have my credit card hovering over.

I'm a big fan of the Merrill MOAB GTX shoes, both the low and the mid's. I wear the lows all summer, then switch to the mids in fall and winter. The GTX ones are better than the waterproof ones for keeping your feet dry, and I use them in all sorts of sloppy, slushy stuff until the snow gets to my ankles.

Thanks! Yep, those Merrill MOABs are the exact shoe I have worn for quite a few years; the ones I have are still serviceable, but the lugs are worn quite a bit though.

Shoes can help but you may find that footwork is the answer. We have a lot of gravel at my range and there’s just no good solutions. Deceleration at speed is a skill. Getting going is easy. It’s the stopping on loose surfaces that requires skill. Do you walk on grass the same as you walk on an icy sidewalk? Obviously not. Approach differing terrains different and practice going full speed in walkthrough to test the surface.

For shoes boombas are a good cheap option popular in USPSA.

Good point on footwork. At 62, my cat-like reflexes are behind me. :)

I researched Boombas and it seems they stopped making the popular "Trail Shoe" version and a new one has not come out yet. But bookmarked, thanks.

Hoka's Trail Running Shoe in wide-The Speedgoat 4

https://www.hoka.com/en/us/mens-trail/speedgoat-4/1106525.html?dwvar_1106525_color=DGGA

Thanks, will definitely look into those. "Speedgoat" sounds just like what I need lol.

Crashpad
09-20-2021, 03:16 PM
RJ I thought that Topo had started offering wide sizes but must have been thinking about Hoka.

Altra does offer wide in some of their models. https://www.altrarunning.com/shop/wides

JCS
09-20-2021, 04:36 PM
The boombahs are always in the clearance section for some reason

https://www.boombah.com/us/mens/footwear/mens-trail-running-shoes.html

vcdgrips
09-20-2021, 04:40 PM
No 8.5 in the clearance Boombahs. No shoes identified as wides (8.5 EEE is the target) on the website in the pull down menu. I like the colorways very much. I might have to order up a pair for knock around shoes.

RJ
09-20-2021, 04:52 PM
Thanks all, much appreciate all the inputs.

Just got done ordering a pair of Saloman Speedcross 5 Wides.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WM8TY63/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Amazon was running some coupon thingy, so the shoes which retail for $129 ended up being $93, plus tax, which helps. They have free returns so if they don't fit, no problem.

Thanks again.

MVS
09-20-2021, 05:38 PM
I've never felt my footwear was holding me back, but I am not a GM.

RJ
09-25-2021, 01:19 PM
Sad trombone. The Saloman Speed Cross 5 (now in Wide Fit!) arrived today. No worky. Here's a comparison of the SC (right) against my old Merrell Moabs (left). There's like, no comparison.

Calling these "wide" shoes; I don't know about that. Maybe compared to what they normally have? I have no idea, really, but after 20 minutes I was like "get these things off me." I searched through for a thinner pair of socks, and even with those they were uncomfortable. My feet were actually tingling when I took them off.

Back to Amazon they go.

Sad really, because they were nice and lightweight, I liked the 5mm lugs with reverse patterns for up and down hill, the speedlace system makes total sense and the new debris shield seems effective. I just don't think the people who designed these had me in mind when they decided on what "wide" meant. Bummer.

Search resumes.

JCN
09-25-2021, 02:13 PM
RJ

I think I might try soaking them in water and trying this:

https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Stretcher-Expander-Widener-shaper/dp/B07XK17S65/ref=asc_df_B07XK17S65/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385602782322&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9497629011593772945&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019692&hvtargid=pla-833818506399&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=78650695356&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385602782322&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9497629011593772945&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019692&hvtargid=pla-833818506399

I don't think you'll commercially find what you're looking for, so you might have to delve into a little bit of creative modification.

littlejerry
09-25-2021, 10:31 PM
FYI, Altras are cut wide normally. Probably wider than the "wide" speedcross

RJ
09-26-2021, 07:12 AM
vcdgrips comment about Trail Running shoes, echoed by several others, led me to order a pair of these Saucony Excursion TR12 trail shoes in 8.5 wide today. I like the open lugs on the bottom and being basically running shoes hopefully are nice and light weight. Plus: Orange. :cool:

I'd specced out a pair of mid-height Moab Vent 2's but I thought they might be a bit too heavy. I did like the fact they would hold my ankle stable, though; quite a few soccer games as a yute caused me to turn my ankle over so many times I had to double wrap it all the time just to play.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Y1LXN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JCN
09-26-2021, 03:04 PM
vcdgrips comment about Trail Running shoes, echoed by several others, led me to order a pair of these Saucony Excursion TR12 trail shoes in 8.5 wide today. I like the open lugs on the bottom and being basically running shoes hopefully are nice and light weight. Plus: Orange. :cool:

I'd specced out a pair of mid-height Moab Vent 2's but I thought they might be a bit too heavy. I did like the fact they would hold my ankle stable, though; quite a few soccer games as a yute caused me to turn my ankle over so many times I had to double wrap it all the time just to play.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Y1LXN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That tread pattern would be a non-starter for me for USPSA.

rcbusmc24
09-26-2021, 09:14 PM
I have narrow feet, and really narrow heels, so Salomons are the greatest thing ever for me personally, but yeah, their wide offering is really pretty much every other shoe companies regular. I used to have trouble with my heel swimming in issued boots... thank God for Bates and Danner, because all of the supply issued brands would just tear my heels up bad.

For a wider foot I would look at the Altra Lone Peak 5. They are a lower drop shoe but are built on a wider last than many other athletic shoes and have a pretty forgiving toe box.

https://www.altrarunning.com/shop/men/mens-lone-peak-5-al0a4vqe?variationId=300#hero=3

Spartan1980
09-27-2021, 12:22 AM
I can tell you don't even think about buying these (https://www.skechers.com/men/shoes/terrabite---dellga/51847_BRBK.html)and if you do keep the receipt because you will be returning them. They were delaminating at the outer toe reinforcement after a couple of months and also the soft cushy lining material inside was completely worn through at the heel. The Smartfeet insoles are worth 20 times what these things are. Of course I tossed the receipt or I would have returned them and I don't return stuff. Ever. They were nice and cushy inside though. They are certainly not trail grade as I wore them inside my house 90% of the time.

Wearing Keen Targhees right now. Had several pair of Merrill Moabs both waterproof and not and had good life with them. I bought the Keens because they were a bit cheaper and also on sale. They seem to be a solid shoe so far.

Bratch
09-29-2021, 09:15 AM
FYI, Altras are cut wide normally. Probably wider than the "wide" speedcross

This.

I’m wearing a pair of Altras at work right now and love them. Super wide and roomy toe box. I don’t measure as a wide but have a weird structure and narrow shoes kill me. I can wear Salomans while moving with no problems but once I’m stationary my toes start hurting. I have a couple pair of Altras and no issues.

JAD
09-29-2021, 10:11 AM
Inov8

Not gr8 for wide f33t.

RJ
10-03-2021, 03:24 PM
...order a pair of these Saucony Excursion TR12 trail shoes in 8.5 wide today....

Arrived today. Width is close to my ASICS running 8.5EEE, and not far from my Moab 8.5W.

Left, Moab’s, right, new Saucony’s:

I’d say these are basically sneakers with am open, chevron-lugged sticky rubber sole. I’m happy with them for $60. I have a match at the same place (Ruskin FL) Oct 17, will see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help.

vcdgrips
10-03-2021, 04:14 PM
Good luck with the field test.

If they pass, I would consider getting another pair and platooning them so they last a good long while.

60.00 for a name brand "trail runner" that does what you want it to do is solid value.

JCN
10-04-2021, 07:21 PM
The reason why those lugs are not optimal for USPSA is that they were designed for purely forward and backwards movement. Look at the tread shape.

Much of USPSA is lateral. Lateral push offs and lateral hard braking.

So you want a “tire” built for cornering.

What happens with those lugs when you come in to plant a foot laterally from a side movement?

You have nothing. Slip city. Same thing with trying to place a foot laterally on a wet wood fault line.

Successful engineering should have a good concept of what the equipment should do or else you’re just guessing.

The top tier USPSA shoes are more trail cross trainers than runners.

The lugs are spaced to clear mud and they are staggered so a lateral translation sees different lug faces and surfaces.

Inov8

Speedcross

It’s a common theme for tire design in rally racing. No straight lateral tread unless you want to be slow and slip. Cornering matters. It’s not about just start and stop.

RJ form follows function again. But if you don’t understand the function, you’ll probably miss out on the form aspect.

Gio
10-14-2021, 01:36 PM
I used to use inov8's and salomons, but the last 2-3 years I've been 100% using baseball cleats and they are much better than any of the trail running shoes for most of the surfaces we run on for USPSA.

RJ
10-17-2021, 03:20 PM
I have a match at the same place (Ruskin FL) Oct 17, will see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help.

I used these for the match today in Ruskin. Field conditions were similar to last time, but considerably drier. My fit in the shoes was good, comfort was excellent and I had more traction than with my previous boots or Moab’s. I like them a lot.

I was noticing footwear on my squad; it ranged from Salomans to baseball cleats to sneakers. While footwear will make no great difference at my level, I did need a new pair of shoes, and these turned out very well. I appreciate all the input.

Guerrero
06-06-2023, 09:58 AM

I know it's generally "not cool" to quote oneself, but I didn't want to start a new thread:

I finally wore out my last pair of Merrell's and ordered new ones in December, a pair of MOAB GTX mid (for fall/winter), and a pair of MOAB GTX low (for spring/summer). I wore the mids for a couple months, and have worn the lows for a couple months... and they're awful. I don't know if I'm just old now, or if Merrell has changed the fit. The MOAB's used to be the some of the most comfortable shoes I owned, and now they're killing my feet (both pairs).

ECK
06-06-2023, 10:11 AM
For the last year I’ve been wearing Salomon Cross Hikes. I started out with the low version, then last fall bought a pair of the mid-heights.

Short version: Skip the mid-heights as there really isn’t any benefit or additional ankle support due to the way the laces are positioned but the Cross Hikes are G2G.

Longer version: They are much improved for range work (and every day wear) than the Speed Cross that I used to wear all the time. The toe box is slightly wider but the biggest difference is the rubber compound they use for the role is a lot more durable than the Speed Cross. The Cross Hike are slightly heavier (hey, it’s supposed to be a hiker not a trail runner), but it’s not like you can feel the difference. I’ve worn them in a lot of conditions and activities, ranging from ever day wear to multi-day matches, to hiking in all kinds of conditions, with and without a 30+ lb pack, and even use them while riding my mtn bike.

I’m thinking my first pair is in need of replacement after 16 months of wear, but that is like twice as much use as I’ve ever gotten out of a pair of Speed Crosses.

vcdgrips
06-06-2023, 10:45 AM
G

Sorry to hear that. Life is too short and your feet are too important. Dump those Moabs (here, ebay or donate) and get something else that works.

Be safe and well.

Guerrero
06-06-2023, 11:15 AM
G

Sorry to hear that. Life is too short and your feet are too important. Dump those Moabs (here, ebay or donate) and get something else that works.

Be safe and well.

vcdgrips I'll hang on to them for sloppy weather, but I'm trying a couple options from the "Barefoots Shoes" thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3756-Barefoot-minimalist-shoes).

Gio
06-06-2023, 11:44 AM
I used to use Salomon Speedcross but have been using baseball cleats for the last 4 years or so. I won't go back to trail running shoes at all. The cleats are superior on almost every USPSA surface except for a wooden platform, and those are rare and usually only a couple steps on or off of them, not long extended movements. The cleats last much longer than trail shoes as well.

cheby
06-06-2023, 03:32 PM
I used to use Salomon Speedcross but have been using baseball cleats for the last 4 years or so. I won't go back to trail running shoes at all. The cleats are superior on almost every USPSA surface except for a wooden platform, and those are rare and usually only a couple steps on or off of them, not long extended movements. The cleats last much longer than trail shoes as well.

Baseball cleats are not ideal on gravel either. It’s mostly gravel in my area so I am not using cleats anymore. I prefer cleats in the desert though

DMF13
06-06-2023, 09:48 PM
I like lightweight trail shoes, with a 0 drop (or close to it). I'm a cheapskate, but I got a pair of Inov-8 Trailtalon 235 v3s, for $60, from Amazon. Very light, with a 3mm drop.

They're ugly as sin, but $60 is less than half the normal price. The lugs are only 4mm deep, so I'm hoping for a sale on their X-Talon G 210, as they have 8mm lugs.

Those are also ugly as sin, but even lighter, and will match my obnoxious neon shirt and hat!