PDA

View Full Version : Arizona professor verbally abuses Chic-Fil-A employee at drive thru

Kyle Reese
08-03-2012, 07:15 AM
...... and gets fired....... (http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2012/08/02/arizona-professor-verbally-abuses-tucson-chick-fil-a-drive-through-employee/)

TCinVA
08-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Somewhere in there is a lesson about one's sureness of moral superiority being in conflict with the willingness to behave in such an inexcusable manner...but I doubt the Professor there has the capacity to understand the lesson. I mean, it is rather difficult to see straight when one's head is so far up their own rectum that the lump in their throat is actually their nose.

Of course, one could also point out the irony of driving to a Chic-Fil-A to berate a low level employee because the company's founder said he supports a view of marriage that Barack Obama supported until a couple of months ago...driving a car powered by gasoline that was likely made from oil purchased from places on the globe where they either hang or stone homosexuals to death. But if there's one thing I've learned over the years it's that narcissists who insist upon their moral purity seem to be incapable of introspection. I guess that's part of the reason why they're motivated to right all the perceived wrongs of others. When you look in the mirror and you're pretty sure that's perfection staring you in the face, I guess you feel compelled to inflict yourself on the rest of the world. For their own good, of course.

Personally, keeping myself straight is enough work that I lack the energy to berate random strangers for what I perceive as their moral inconsistencies. I suppose, though, that if one day I found myself so thoroughly awesome that I no longer needed to worry about me and instead thought I must drag the world into my glorious light, I'd probably attempt to do something more useful than yelling at somebody working the drive through at a fast food joint. I know the professor is more educated and therefore he's far more intelligent than I'll ever be, and is indeed a better breed of individual than I could hope to be, but I'm afraid I just don't see how yelling at somebody making 8 bucks an hour is really striking a bold blow for freedom. Finding somebody like Bashir Assad and giving him a piece of your mind would seem to be a better way to achieve global justice.

LittleLebowski
08-03-2012, 08:03 AM
In another day and age, he would have been spitting upon Vietnam veterans.

Kyle Reese
08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
In another day and age, he would have been spitting upon Vietnam veterans.

How do you know he's not doing it now? I mean, it takes a really big man :rolleyes: to berate some poor girl just doing her job. The great Karmic Wheel seemed to frown upon Professor Douche, though, and his comeuppance came quickly.

LittleLebowski
08-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm sure we could find a veteran or two for him to attempt to berate and spit upon :D

TCinVA
08-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I'll bring popcorn.

Zhurdan
08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
I'd say the young lady handled herself quite well.

He on the other hand... total juicebag.

LittleLebowski
08-03-2012, 08:24 AM
What's bad is that this man is (was?) in a teaching position.

MDS
08-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Personally, keeping myself straight is enough work that I lack the energy to berate random strangers for what I perceive as their moral inconsistencies.

I didn't think it would be that much work for someone with such glorious hair... ;)

As for the prof, I'm pleasantly surprised it was dealt with so swiftly by his employer. My guess is this isn't the first display of whatever unhealthy relationship he has with the rest of humanity.

NETim
08-03-2012, 08:28 AM
What's bad is that this man is (was?) in a teaching position.

I'm waiting to see what the U of AZ does. He's no longer employed by Vante, a private concern.

secondstoryguy
08-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I work at a very large state university and frankly it's scary that we have such one-dimensional people brainwashing our youth. After dealing with members of our staff, guys like this really don't surprise me. A vast majority of professers have never lived or worked in the "real world". Most have been in academia since theu were 18 and have been so immersed in PC crap that they totally lack a realistic view of the world.

NickA
08-03-2012, 08:53 AM
That's some weapons grade WTF right there. Like the girl at the drive through has anything to do with the president of the company??
I don't really have a side on the gay marriage thing, but the free speech aspect of this has me plenty pissed. What Cathy said was hardly hate speech, he just expressed his position. If CFA ever is shown to actively discriminate against gay employees or customers , we can talk. Until then, if you don't like it, don't buy their chicken. Easy.
Politics aside, CFA has never failed to completely impress me with their service and courtesy. Apparently they do a great job of training it into their employees, judging by this young ladys reaction.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

peterb
08-03-2012, 08:54 AM
I've never seen the logic in dumping on the low-level folks manning the front line. If you've got a complaint with the company, the odds are that:
1)They didn't cause the problem
2) They can't fix it.

My preferred approach is something like "I want to complain about _____, but I know it's not your fault. Can you connect me with your manager?"

NickA
08-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I've never seen the logic in dumping on the low-level folks manning the front line. If you've got a complaint with the company, the odds are that:
1)They didn't cause the problem
2) They can't fix it.

My preferred approach is something like "I want to complain about _____, but I know it's not your fault. Can you connect me with your manager?"

Exactly. Plus it's just plain rude. My mother would beat me silly for acting like that.

SouthNarc
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I intervened on an incident almost just like this at the Starbucks in the C Councourse in the Atlanta airport last year. Snotty 50s-ish academic type just berating the shit out of a teenage girl who messed up his order of soylattefrappamacchiatohorsesemen. Dude was almost yelling at the little girl who was visibly cowering. So I walked over grabbed him by the lapel and told him that if he uttered one more word from his vile suckhole, that I would break his jaw and rape him. Then I gave him five bucks for his coffee, and told him to fuck off and leave. He did threatening to sue me and call the cops. Pussy....

Not exactly de-escalation or deterence I know, but I get sick of seeing people do this shit without consequences. If bad behavior put more people in casts and on crutches they'd probably think twice before showing their ass.

TCinVA
08-03-2012, 09:17 AM
that I would break his jaw and rape him.

Note to self: Do not read SouthNarc posts with mouth full of coffee.

Carraway
08-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm having trouble just getting past that this professor decided it would impress people to record himself berating an employee at a fast food restaurant, particularly one who is young, possibly even still in high school. It speaks to an astoundingly narrow-minded self-righteousness, something which I thought higher education was designed to combat. I did think that the employee handled herself well, probably better than I would have, especially when I was young.

SouthNarc
08-03-2012, 09:27 AM
It's because he's a narcissistic, Facebooking, Youtubing, douchbag, passive-aggresive, bully. The only way to deal with a guy like that is to arm bar him and make him shriek "YOU'RE THE DUKE OF NEW YORK YOU'RE A NUMBER 1!!!!! Then break his arm.

NETim
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Not exactly de-escalation or deterence I know, but I get sick of seeing people do this shit without consequences. If bad behavior put more people in casts and on crutches they'd probably think twice before showing their ass.

That's missing in a lot of people's education it seems.

NickA
08-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Deescalation : I don't think that word means what you think it means ;) But seriously, it's shades of what we've seen with the POS Ft. Hood shooter and now possibly the CO theater guy: people are just plain afraid to speak up when they see something that is plainly wrong. The sad thing is that if just one person will speak up they'll often give others the courage to join in.

It's because he's a narcissistic, Facebooking, Youtubing, douchbag, passive-aggresive, bully. The only way to deal with a guy like that is to arm bar him and make him shriek "YOU'RE THE DUKE OF NEW YORK YOU'RE A NUMBER 1!!!!! Then break his arm.
Stop it, I'm about to crack a rib here.
ETA : now I can't stop picturing SouthNarc as Woodrow Call in that scene from Lonesome Dove where he beats a guy half to death: "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. "

vaglocker
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
If bad behavior put more people in casts and on crutches they'd probably think twice before showing their ass.

Definate sig line material there.

Zhurdan
08-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Definate sig line material there.

Indeed it is. The real and persistent threat of getting your own foot shoved up your butt at a high rate of speed would tend to reduce general jackassery.

BTW, I'm glad I finally saw that you are from VA. Now I don't have to giggle every time I see your forum name.;)

Aray
08-03-2012, 09:59 AM

First the 8 guys in the shower, then the kryptonite tool thing, now this. You are taking years off of my f*%&ing life from laughing so hard!

ToddG
08-03-2012, 10:02 AM

You really need to learn to break out of this shy grey man shell you've got going on, there, Craig...

Kyle Reese
08-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I intervened on an incident almost just like this at the Starbucks in the C Councourse in the Atlanta airport last year. Snotty 50s-ish academic type just berating the shit out of a teenage girl who messed up his order of soylattefrappamacchiatohorsesemen. Dude was almost yelling at the little girl who was visibly cowering. So I walked over grabbed him by the lapel and told him that if he uttered one more word from his vile suckhole, that I would break his jaw and rape him. Then I gave him five bucks for his coffee, and told him to fuck off and leave. He did threatening to sue me and call the cops. Pussy....

Dude, you're my hero. :)

LOKNLOD
08-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I think she could have at least managed to accidentally spill that free water all over him, and then while apologizing profusely, and offering him a free soda in its place, managed to spill it on him and all over the inside of his car.

And then maybe his Prius would short circuit and he'd die in the fire. :cool:

NMBigfoot02
08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
She handled herself very well against that asshat. Had I still been working for CFA and someone like that came through the line I'm not sure I wouldn't have tossed that water in their lap. Of course I would have followed it up with a "My pleasure."

BLR
08-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately, she likely saw more than that one DB, and that guy, generically, probably paid a visit to most of the CFAs. He was just the unlucky DB that video'ed his dbaggery and put it on the internet.

I'll use this as an opportunity to illustrate a somewhat related point - pistol whipping that ass bag with a nice, heavy 1911 or N frame would be most satisfying. I have a feeling that using a polymer framed pistol would not be as fulfilling and rewarding.

phil_in_cs
08-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I walked over grabbed him by the lapel and told him that if he uttered one more word from his vile suckhole, that I would break his jaw and rape him. Then I gave him five bucks for his coffee, and told him to fuck off and leave.

I hope you were in a bespoke suit when you did that.

Professors live in a PC world where they never are seriously challenged on their ideas. They debate undergrads and think they are hot shit since they can out argue an 18 year old. They fail to realize the smart kids never dispute anything they teach because they know its a waste of time and the prof would give them a bad grade for disagreeing.

SouthNarc
08-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I hope you were in a bespoke suit when you did that.

Kiton jacket off the rack and Edward Green balmorals.

Cecil Burch
08-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Kiton jacket off the rack and Edward Green balmorals.

And putting a sad excuse for a human like the guy in Starbucks in his place wearing that is the very definition of bad ass.

TCinVA
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Well if you're going to get your butt kicked, I suppose it's better that they be kicked by someone in exquisite shoes.

"OW! OW! OW! ...hey, are those hand made Italian brogues? Nice! OW! OW! OW!"

It's got to be less embarrassing than having your butt kicked by a dude in flip flops.

markp
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm waiting to see what the U of AZ does. He's no longer employed by Vante, a private concern.

according to this report from FOXNEWs:

Smith previously taught as an adjunct lecturer at the University of Arizona, according to reports, but does not currently hold a position with university

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/03/viral-video-man-picking-on-chick-fil-worker-gets-him-fired/#ixzz22VKJnQeO

peterb
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
The saddest part:

"After the employee, who never loses her composure, wishes Smith a nice day, he responds “I will. I just did something really good. I feel purposeful.”

I almost feel sorry for someone who has to do that sort of thing to feel good about himself.

Almost.

Tamara
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I'll use this as an opportunity to illustrate a somewhat related point - pistol whipping that ass bag with a nice, heavy 1911 or N frame would be most satisfying. I have a feeling that using a polymer framed pistol would not be as fulfilling and rewarding.

What, like you can't beat somebody to their knees with a K-frame (http://youtu.be/XxE_WrAVfLs)?

(Incidentally, one of the last independent Glock LE distributors in the US (http://www.craigsfirearms.com/), in Knoxville, TN, still had his original G17 demonstrator from the early '80s back when I left K-town in '07. The tang under the muzzle end of the slide that retained the recoil spring ass'y had broken off from two decades of beating it like a hammer, muzzle-first, into the sidewalk until the slide flew off. The gun still ran fine.)

BLR
08-03-2012, 03:47 PM
What, like you can't beat somebody to their knees with a K-frame (http://youtu.be/XxE_WrAVfLs)?

(Incidentally, one of the last independent Glock LE distributors in the US (http://www.craigsfirearms.com/), in Knoxville, TN, still had his original G17 demonstrator from the early '80s back when I left K-town in '07. The tang under the muzzle end of the slide that retained the recoil spring ass'y had broken off from two decades of beating it like a hammer, muzzle-first, into the sidewalk until the slide flew off. The gun still ran fine.)

****This is meant to be humor*****

Sure, you can, but the satisfaction will not be there. A good, heavy steel 1911 or N frame, maybe a Python, will provide that nice solid thud. Like hitting a melon.

JV_
08-03-2012, 03:50 PM
A good, heavy steel 1911 or N frame, maybe a Python, will provide that nice solid thud. Like hitting a melon.

"There`s nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4040/4318918272_3335a332a9.jpg

ToddG
08-03-2012, 04:00 PM
http://danielrfaust.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/bearjew111.jpg

Zhurdan
08-03-2012, 04:05 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y8m29ZLX5ag/ScSVCXIhZ9I/AAAAAAAAC6k/B0c0MINlafE/s400/CAPTAIN+CAVEMAN+COLOR+3.jpg

NETim
08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
http://images.wikia.com/theflintstones/images/e/e6/Bamm-Bamm.jpg

BLR
08-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Is a pistol whipping considered gun violence? Or just blunt object stuff?

No pics of marshal Dillon pics?

MDS
08-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Please ignore this text

Joe in PNG
08-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I so wish there was a photo of Pete Townsend clubbing Abbie Hoffman with his Gibson SG at Woodstock to post here...

LOKNLOD
08-03-2012, 05:54 PM

Corlissimo
08-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I think she could have at least managed to accidentally spill that free water all over him, and then while apologizing profusely, and offering him a free soda in its place, managed to spill it on him and all over the inside of his car.

And then maybe his Prius would short circuit and he'd die in the fire. :cool:

Cold, calculated, and cruel. I like the cut of your jib!

TCinVA
08-03-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm not saying we bring back dueling or anything...only that this sort of behavior was a bit less common when there was a realistic possibility of having to stand behind one's words at ten paces.

Zhurdan
08-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm not saying we bring back dueling or anything...only that this sort of behavior was a bit less common when there was a realistic possibility of having to stand behind one's words at ten paces.

Funny, that whole "honor" thing.

LittleLebowski
08-03-2012, 07:24 PM
One more notch

Angered_Kabar
08-03-2012, 07:36 PM
My Uncle told me a story about when he was visiting a large city somewhere. Him and his friend were walking on a sidewalk and found one man was beating on the hood of another guy's car screaming and cursing at the driver and making an ass of himself. Then the angry guy turned his attention on them and started pointing and screaming at them. That was when my Uncle's friend shouted, "WHAT WOULD YOUR MOTHER THINK OF YOU RIGHT NOW".

The angry guy shut up immediately then started crying and ran off.

I have yet to try this myself but it's in the memory banks.

Tamara
08-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Oh, I've got a list of people I'm planning on inviting to grass before breakfast should the legality of such things ever change.

MDS
08-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh, I've got a list of people I'm planning on inviting to grass before breakfast should the legality of such things ever change.

Took a few readings to realize you didn't mean medicinal grass...

LOKNLOD
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Anything to slow their reflexes before the main event...

Tamara
08-04-2012, 05:55 PM

"We'll meet on the lawn
Just after dawn..."

One will be going on to have hotcakes and sausage, the other will have naught for brekkie but a mouthful of dew-moistened fescue... ;)

Mjolnir
08-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Yep.

I'd prefer to choke him out and have him relieve himself as he lies on the floor. It would be a day of infamy for damned sure.

BaiHu
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Personally, I'm just glad that there are a slew of people like ya'll on this planet to flip some black chips to white. I'd like to think I've flipped a few in my day and hope to flip plenty more before I end up with a "mouthful of dew-moistened fescue."

Damn Tamara, you got a soddy mouth. Nyuk, nyuk ;)

will_1400
08-05-2012, 10:36 PM

Southnarc, I would just like to state for the record that if we meet, the beer and booze is on me.

will_1400
08-05-2012, 10:43 PM

I agree. I wouldn't do "pistols at dawn, though". Maybe a rapier or just plain old-school bare-knuckles.

LittleLebowski
08-06-2012, 07:25 AM
I agree. I wouldn't do "pistols at dawn, though". Maybe a rapier or just plain old-school bare-knuckles.

James Cameron said that he would like duel anyone who doesn't believe in man made global warming. Apparently I need to find the right venue to say "I accept."

MDS
08-06-2012, 07:38 AM
James Cameron said that he would like duel anyone who doesn't believe in man made global warming. Apparently I need to find the right venue to say "I accept."

there's got to be a jurisdiction somewhere on the planet with this is legal...

will_1400
08-06-2012, 08:33 AM
there's got to be a jurisdiction somewhere on the planet with this is legal...

According to wiki, dueling is not specifically prohibited in 30 states. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel

BaiHu
08-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Too funny not to share, especially after TCinVA's comments:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/djdemarco/Pistol%20Forum/GeneWilder-1.jpg

SeriousStudent
08-06-2012, 09:19 PM

I got ten bucks that says Nacho gets a new chew toy.

Kyle Reese
03-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Karma is a bitch (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3013044/Ex-CFO-father-four-food-stamps-looking-job-viral-video-protesting-Chick-fil-left-unemployed.html)

SeriousStudent
03-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Karma is a bitch (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3013044/Ex-CFO-father-four-food-stamps-looking-job-viral-video-protesting-Chick-fil-left-unemployed.html)

And sometimes it's a cast iron one.

Actions do have consequences. I feel sorry for his kids.

JV_
03-26-2015, 09:26 PM
I feel sorry for his kids.Me too.

Parents can teach their kids a lot of life lessons, I doubt they'll forget this one.

TCinVA
03-27-2015, 12:17 AM
And sometimes it's a cast iron one.

Actions do have consequences. I feel sorry for his kids.

I would really like to be able to delight in this jackass getting his rectum metaphysically stretched to prolapse.

Why do douchebags like this dude always have to drag innocents with them? Utterly ruins the entertainment value.

Robert Mitchum
03-27-2015, 01:33 AM
I would really like to be able to delight in this jackass getting his rectum metaphysically stretched to prolapse.

Why do douchebags like this dude always have to drag innocents with them? Utterly ruins the entertainment value.

There was a Tufts Medical School professor in a unit I worked anyone can land behind bars.

Rectum and Prison go hand in hand :D
Most came in Virgins but some did not leave the same way... life is a bitch or you can become someone's Bitch..

Kan S LaTrans
07-23-2018, 06:30 PM

"I would break his jaw and rape him"

Anal or Oral? It does make a difference within the context of the contact. I mean, anal for a relatively minor offense, then oral if he really pissed you off, especially with a broken jaw.

Matt O
07-23-2018, 08:12 PM
FYI, this thread is from 3 years ago, unless you just really really wanted to further understand the anatomical specificity of SouthNarc's comment.

Kan S LaTrans
07-23-2018, 08:49 PM
FYI, this thread is from 3 years ago, unless you just really really wanted to further understand the anatomical specificity of SouthNarc's comment.

Gosh. I apologize. I am sorry. Damn. All better?

It was LINKED into a thread from today. So unless you just wanted to be a tallywhacker...was it necessary to point it out and be the Time Police?

PearTree
07-23-2018, 09:24 PM
"I would break his jaw and rape him"

Anal or Oral? It does make a difference within the context of the contact. I mean, anal for a relatively minor offense, then oral if he really pissed you off, especially with a broken jaw.I know you are new here, but seriously read the code of conduct for this place and at least make an attempt at following it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Kan S LaTrans
07-23-2018, 11:36 PM
If anyone notices a post that requires moderator attention, please click the report post button and it will be addressed.

This isn't really the kind of place where calling people names, or being needlessly passive aggressive (or sarcastic, if you prefer), is expected or necessary.

So, just to be clear...it's okay to be a dick if you've been here for a long time...but it's not okay to respond to a humorous post that mentions rape and physical violence with a humorous response?

Just checking the double standard Tommy.

Zincwarrior
07-24-2018, 04:53 AM
To salvage the thread a little, the Wife said one of the best ways to judge someone is how they treat wait staff, and that everyone should have to work a job in food or retail at least once.

HCountyGuy
07-24-2018, 05:29 AM
So, just to be clear...it's okay to be a dick if you've been here for a long time...but it's not okay to respond to a humorous post that mentions rape and physical violence with a humorous response?

Anyone can be a dick and get called on it, mods here are shit anyway.

The only thing is you necro’d a thread with a rather crude response that was a bit off-key and waaaaay late to the party. Don’t get me wrong, we love crude humor (see the post you first quoted and the responses) but yours may have gone over the line just a tad.

Odin Bravo One
07-24-2018, 10:20 AM
I'm sure we could find a veteran or two for him to attempt to berate and spit upon :D

For some reason, I never seem to attract the attention of these academic badasses.......

RoyGBiv
07-24-2018, 10:33 AM

I didn't think he was addressing that to you, but, I'm dense sometimes.

HCountyGuy
07-24-2018, 10:42 AM
For some reason, I never seem to attract the attention of these academic badasses.......

You’re obviously not hanging out at the right spots. But that’s probably by (wise) choice.

RevolverRob
07-24-2018, 11:06 AM
To salvage the thread a little, the Wife said one of the best ways to judge someone is how they treat wait staff, and that everyone should have to work a job in food or retail at least once.

Your wife is a smart lady (well except in her choice of spouse...but I guess everyone makes a mistake now and then ;)) - But seriously, folks who have worked retail/food service really do have an appreciation for the reality that it is not always 'easy' work (and that it is actually work). But the other thing I learned from working retail/food service is a low tolerance for bad service. I've done the job and I try to be really polite to folks and treat them fairly, but having done the job, I've got no tolerance for people who can't do it well. It is work, but it isn't rocket surgery.

Why don't you come to my ivory tower and say that! :eek: - Most of the academics I know are pretty down-to-Earth people (probably because like 80% of them are geologists...get it? Geologists are down-to-Earth? Sorry). But some folks are really asshats and they tend to overwhelmingly be the folks who have best selling books and have been on TV. They get real caught up in their own ass and never stop to wonder if they stink.

HCountyGuy
07-24-2018, 11:39 AM

The problem becomes what happens when those folks who would be jerks to the staff become staff and have an attitude? The lesson doesn’t always carry.

My first job was a bus boy and my wife worked in the food industry and as a result we’re understanding of certain issues. Waiter/Waitress hasn’t been by in a bit? Well they got three tables at once on top of the two they had, and one of those tables was an entitled family giving the server crap over a slightly underdone steak.

We also pre-bus our tables.

Hawker800
07-11-2019, 06:52 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190711/b4bec11cef5c01fedec272250a588ebb.jpg