PDA

View Full Version : Savage Reneguage Security

Chuck Whitlock
09-02-2021, 05:53 PM
I just saw on the Tactical Wire that Savage has introduced a "tactical" version of
their Reneguage line:

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=57787

Our own @P.E. Kelly had good things to say when the line was introduced.

The specs look pretty good, although the LOP needs to be able to go a couple of inches shorter. Not sure why they didn't think of that.

Lon
09-02-2021, 07:11 PM
That looks nice. Very nice. You’re right about the LOP. When are manufacturers gonna learn?

TCinVA
09-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Manufacturers seem allergic to putting a proper LOP on shotguns.

GearFondler
09-02-2021, 09:25 PM
Manufacturers seem allergic to putting a proper LOP on shotguns.We do it this way because that's the way we've always done it.

Navin Johnson
09-02-2021, 10:10 PM
how much $?

MandoWookie
09-02-2021, 10:57 PM
how much $?

That's what I'm curious about. If its within range of the 1301, why bother?

Navin Johnson
09-02-2021, 11:10 PM
That's what I'm curious about. If its within range of the 1301, why bother?

In the same price range it will be a long road.....

Hambo
09-03-2021, 05:04 AM
The specs look pretty good, although the LOP needs to be able to go a couple of inches shorter.

When you grow up, they'll fit you just fine. ;)

I did a very quick search of sketchy websites, but it appears that it will be a little cheaper than a 1301, and you don't have to buy a mag tube extension.

HeavyDuty
09-03-2021, 06:06 AM
Gallery of Guns says MSRP is $1,499.

gato naranja
09-03-2021, 06:44 AM
The specs look pretty good, although the LOP needs to be able to go a couple of inches shorter. Not sure why they didn't think of that.

That is curious, because it seems like copying the Magpul SGA's LOP range (at least in concept) would be a no-brainer. OTOH, if they are marketing to the typical shotgun buyer around these parts, it doesn't matter- they will be using a bladed stance, and may think they have been cheated on raw materials if the pull is less than 14 inches.

If this thing is actually reliable and the street price gets down a ways, it'll be fun to watch the industry.

HeavyDuty
09-03-2021, 06:53 AM
Thread needs picture:

Elwin
09-03-2021, 12:07 PM
I’m not in the market now but definitely plan on buying a semiauto defensive gauge at some point (first I have to finally finish setting up my 870). It’s at least higher on the list than another AR.

I would find this very attractive simply because being American made does away with the 922(r) headache. And the safety is in the “right” place for it to coexist in a stable with Remingtons. And and, all it seems to need out of the box is a light.

Edit - and and and, the stock cut down or an adapter for the Magpul.

HCM
09-03-2021, 12:12 PM
I just saw on the Tactical Wire that Savage has introduced a "tactical" version of
their Reneguage line:

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=57787

Our own @P.E. Kelly had good things to say when the line was introduced.

That is curious, because it seems like copying the Magpul SGA's LOP range (at least in concept) would be a no-brainer. OTOH, if they are marketing to the typical shotgun buyer around these parts, it doesn't matter- they will be using a bladed stance, and may think they have been cheated on raw materials if the pull is less than 14 inches.

If this thing is actually reliable and the street price gets down a ways, it'll be fun to watch the industry.

LOP is a definitely a FAIL for Savage.

This seems to be an opportunity for some entrepreneur to make a Magpul SGA adaptor and direct optics mount.....

jlw
09-03-2021, 12:18 PM
Another failure is a lack of MLOK slots in the forend.

HCM
09-03-2021, 12:26 PM
Another failure is a lack of MLOK slots in the forend.

Good point, though they did provide Mlok on the barrel clamp. Could the lack of Mlok be due to concerns about exposing the gas system ? Or just the desire to use the same part as other shotguns in the line ?

03RN
09-03-2021, 01:35 PM
That actually looks pretty good

Elwin
09-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Good point, though they did provide Mlok on the barrel clamp. Could the lack of Mlok be due to concerns about exposing the gas system ? Or just the desire to use the same part as other shotguns in the line ?

I’m also trying to think about the logistics of using that Mlok slot to mount a light and I’m thinking it’ll lead to a lot of lights being well forward of the muzzle and out of reach. Maybe one could use a reverse mounted scout mount, like the Arisaka inline, to bring it back toward the forend?

Inkwell 41
09-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Can the Renegauge series be ghost loaded?

kwb377
09-03-2021, 06:07 PM
I’m also trying to think about the logistics of using that Mlok slot to mount a light and I’m thinking it’ll lead to a lot of lights being well forward of the muzzle and out of reach. Maybe one could use a reverse mounted scout mount, like the Arisaka inline, to bring it back toward the forend?

I've been using the barrel clamp method of mounting lights on a few of my shotguns, but never liked the reach to activate them. Recently I decided to redneck-engineer my 1187P and mount a piece of Magpul polymer MLok rail onto the forend...I ground off the MLok locating studs and screwed it into the plastic. So far it works like a charm...

https://a4.pbase.com/g12/07/240307/2/171929665.ceY7qlwj.jpg

https://a4.pbase.com/g12/07/240307/2/171929666.Ch6sv1qe.jpg

awp_101
09-04-2021, 07:40 AM
Can the Renegauge series be ghost loaded?

P.E. Kelley