PDA

View Full Version : Officer French- Chicago Police

BigDaddy
08-19-2021, 07:08 AM
Today is the funeral for Officer Ella French who was murdered last week. RIP Ella. Gonna be a tough day today. Her partner who was also shot is doing much better although he is going to lose his eye. I just wonder how they will get the bullet out of his skull.

Hambo
08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
May she rest in peace.

blues
08-19-2021, 07:59 AM
Godspeed.

Lon
08-19-2021, 09:02 AM
Rest In Peace, Sister.

Erick Gelhaus
08-19-2021, 10:37 AM
Sorry for your loss, for your department’s loss. Funeral day sucks, no way around it. Take care of each other.

Rex G
08-19-2021, 10:45 AM
Prayers.

BigDaddy
08-19-2021, 11:37 AM
Sorry for your loss, for your department’s loss. Funeral day sucks, no way around it. Take care of each other.

It doesn't ever get any easier. I've attended far too many Police funerals over the years. This one will be just as hard as the first one in 81. It's one of the few things that can bring me to tears. Thank God for sunglasses is all I can say about that. Thanks.

RJ
08-19-2021, 11:41 AM
Officer French is in my Prayers. May she rest in peace.

JohnO
08-19-2021, 11:50 AM
We are Diminished!

TheNewbie
08-19-2021, 02:35 PM
God have mercy on her soul, bless those affected by her death and let justice be done to the responsible.

Beat Trash
08-19-2021, 06:42 PM
Rest In Peace, Sister.

camel
08-19-2021, 06:51 PM
Lord Jesus, the endeavors of police officers are often thankless. They must deal daily with the most wicked and volatile members of society. Sometimes, this interaction even costs them their life. For this example, we praise and thank You. For like You, they are often mocked and scorned. Yet, even for their enemies, they laid down their life. Amen.

Suvorov
08-19-2021, 08:57 PM
May her memory be eternal!

KellyinAvon
08-19-2021, 10:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Officer French.

45dotACP
08-19-2021, 11:30 PM
She sounds like she was the right kind of police.
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/08/10/chicago-police-officer-ella-french-save-life-baby-shot/

Not many people could have a day at work like that and keep doing the job. RIP officer French. Thanks for trying to make this city a better place.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Exiledviking
08-20-2021, 02:16 AM
May she rest in peace.

BigDaddy
08-20-2021, 10:27 AM
One thing I noticed about her murder. The turnout by the public in support of her and the Police has been astounding. I wonder if people are coming to their senses and realizing that all this anti-police nonsense is just that-nonsense. perhaps the tide is turning. I don't know. But it is appreciated. I hope it lasts.

Rex G
08-20-2021, 03:22 PM
One thing I noticed about her murder. The turnout by the public in support of her and the Police has been astounding. I wonder if people are coming to their senses and realizing that all this anti-police nonsense is just that-nonsense. perhaps the tide is turning. I don't know. But it is appreciated. I hope it lasts.

It could. There is hope.

The death of Officer Irby had a much-needed healing/unifying effect, in Houston, Texas.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/91-police-officer-james-bruce-irby

Trooper224
08-20-2021, 04:32 PM

I think it more that these issues are now effecting peoples lives in a more direct fashion and the silent majority is being less silent.

JohnO
08-20-2021, 05:57 PM
https://scontent-bos3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/239604360_3131914310359388_4765239328998944742_n.j pg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=56Q4CWrEZsYAX9nG3Re&tn=pqlDvriYbTgDcfAk&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=4f1d0c71c274d5bee44b8c1faf179ece&oe=61470B56

BigDaddy
11-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Well I guess her death didn't mean too much at the people in COPA, the civilian oversight agency that investigates complaints against the Police. They just suspended her posthumously for three days for a beef that originated in 2019. These people are the scum of the earth.

Hambo
11-15-2021, 09:59 AM
And I thought I worked for some scumbags. Way to piss on a slain officer's grave.

GyroF-16
11-15-2021, 09:59 AM
Well I guess her death didn't mean too much at the people in COPA, the civilian oversight agency that investigates complaints against the Police. They just suspended her posthumously for three days for a beef that originated in 2019. These people are the scum of the earth.

WTFO?

blues
11-15-2021, 10:03 AM
This goes way beyond sad and unacceptable. It is a testament to the failure of our society, our values and the law.

Totem Polar
11-15-2021, 10:22 AM
That comes off as atrocious signaling on the part of COPA. F those guys.

TGS
11-15-2021, 11:10 AM
WTFO?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ella-french-slain-chicago-police-officer-copa-report-recommends-suspension/

ETA: It sounds like COPA did a broadbrush "all the officers here should be suspended three days" sort of thing, when in fact Officer French didn't even arrive until 13 minutes after the allegation of misconduct had happened....

....the allegation being the police handcuffed a subject during a raid in the state they found her, naked, and that the subject wasn't even the subject...they hit the wrong address. Well, I hate to tell all of the anti-police boo-hooers here, but you get cuffed how we find you, we secure the place for everyone's safety, and then we can find you some clothes afterwards.

The subject even admitted in her own statement/complaint that Officer French was the only one that treated her with dignity, was the one that helped her get dressed...in essence, Officer French was the one performing remedy to her complaint.

This is nothing more than COPA willfully shitting on an officer who was killed in the line of duty. There's no other reason than them wanting to make sure we know where we stand in their eyes.

Dog Guy
11-15-2021, 11:24 AM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ella-french-slain-chicago-police-officer-copa-report-recommends-suspension/

ETA: It sounds like COPA did a broadbrush "all the officers here should be suspended three days" sort of thing, when in fact Officer French didn't even arrive until 13 minutes after the allegation of misconduct had happened....

....the allegation being the police handcuffed a subject during a raid in the state they found her, naked, and that the subject wasn't even the subject...they hit the wrong address. Well, I hate to tell all of the anti-police boo-hooers here, but you get cuffed how we find you, we secure the place for everyone's safety, and then we can find you some clothes afterwards.

The subject even admitted in her own statement/complaint that Officer French was the only one that treated her with dignity, was the one that helped her get dressed...in essence, Officer French was the one performing remedy to her complaint.

This is nothing more than COPA willfully shitting on an officer who was killed in the line of duty. There's no other reason than them wanting to make sure we know where we stand in their eyes.

Wasn't there an OIS resulting in an officer's death a few years back where a wife beater "just wanted to get his shirt on" and used that freedom to grab a hidden gun and open up on the officers? I don't remember the jurisdiction but I think it was discussed here on p-f.

luckyman
11-15-2021, 11:26 AM
They need to suspend thef’ing COPA without pay from their day jobs.

Coyotesfan97
11-16-2021, 10:13 AM
Wasn't there an OIS resulting in an officer's death a few years back where a wife beater "just wanted to get his shirt on" and used that freedom to grab a hidden gun and open up on the officers? I don't remember the jurisdiction but I think it was discussed here on p-f.

It happened in Flagstaff AZ several years ago. Gun was in the suspect’s jacket. There’s a thread on it somewhere IIRC and it was captured on video.

Coyotesfan97
11-16-2021, 10:17 AM
I always think of Kipling when shit like this happens.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees

vcdgrips
11-16-2021, 11:06 AM
In 24+ years as prosecutor, I cannot recall a more affirmatively disrespectful administrative act toward a police officer.

Even the complaining party went out of their way to commend the actions of the fallen officer who insured that the complaining party was allowed to dress in her (the female officer's) presence before arrested.

The decision to include her name in that report was neither "right", "sensitive" or "smart."

Behaviors have consequences.