PDA

View Full Version : Dem lawmakers to announce bill limiting online ammo sales

Kyle Reese
07-30-2012, 04:11 PM
HERE (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/240909-dem-lawmakers-to-unveil-bill-regulating-online-sale-of-ammo)

and

HERE (http://njtoday.net/2012/07/30/lautenberg-to-sponsor-bill-restricting-online-ammunition-sales/)

If you haven't done so, contact your Reps and Senators.

NETim
07-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I am so very shocked. :rolleyes:

JConn
07-30-2012, 04:36 PM
So if every six days I buy 999 rounds, I'd be good right? I mean that's lame because buying 10k and just being done with it for a while is much easier.

F-Trooper05
07-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Then you'll all learn what it's like to live in Alaska where ammo can't be shipped. Hahahaha!!! (evil laugh).

Dropkick
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
*facepalm* Can we expel NY and NJ as states already?

Kyle Reese
07-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I wonder if having a C&R FFL counts as being "licensed"? :rolleyes:

Ordering more ammo out of spite.

LOKNLOD
07-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Have any reports revealed how many rounds he fired, or how much ammo he had on his person? It would make an interesting counterpoint in this discussion.

I fail to see how having extra ammo at home affects, in any way, the outcome or planning of any sort of active shooter event.

The timeline on these events is based on the amount of time it takes for the shooter to be incapacitated or surrender, not on how long it takes him to run out of ammo.

Kyle Reese
07-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Have any reports revealed how many rounds he fired, or how much ammo he had on his person? It would make an interesting counterpoint in this discussion.

I fail to see how having extra ammo at home affects, in any way, the outcome or planning of any sort of active shooter event.

The timeline on these events is based on the amount of time it takes for the shooter to be incapacitated or surrender, not on how long it takes him to run out of ammo.

Facts and logic matter not when you have a political axe to grind.

ghettomedic
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM
"No sportsman needs 100 rounds to shoot a duck"

They have obviously never been duck hunting with me.

rsa-otc
07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
I usually stay out of political discussions, but then I read an article about Kim Rhode and how much ammo she shot in practice to hit 99 out of 100 birds at the highest level of competition and felt motivated to post this on Facebook.

"Kim Rhode became the first athlete to medal in 5 consecutive Olympics by hitting 99 out of 100 clay targets shooting Skeet. For this feat she did America proud and brought home a Gold medal. She was able to perform at such a high level by shooting at least 500 rounds and as much as 1000 rounds per day. At a low end that’s 130,000 rounds per year if she only shoots 500 rounds 5 days per week and takes weekends off. I mention this because much has been made of the 6,000 rounds purchased by the perpetrator of the atrocity in Aurora CO & how can he need sooooo much ammunition, "it isn't necessary". If you look at this rationally that is not that much ammunition. I have friends that I compete with/against who regularly shoot 20,000 rounds plus of ammo annually in practice and competition. A good portion of which is the same as what was used in CO. When put in perspective 6,000 rounds is a drop in that hat to what serious law abiding citizens shoot pursuing legal enjoyable past times.

It is time to stop taking the easy way out by regulating the law abiding and start addressing the socio economic reasons that cause these kinds of atrocities. Why does Sweden which has a military grade fully automatic rifle with ammo & a pistol as well in every household have a lower rate of violent crime than us? It’s not the guns or ammo folks; it’s the Evil People who will find ways to perpetrate evil."

I just may have to forward this to my representatives.

NickA
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
"purchased anonymously on the internet "
You know, the transactions where I have to use a credit card with my name, that bills to my home address, and have to ship the ammo to my home or work. As opposed to walking into a store and paying cash.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Angered_Kabar
07-31-2012, 03:43 PM
You know, the transactions where I have to use a credit card with my name, that bills to my home address, and have to ship the ammo to my home or work. As opposed to walking into a store and paying cash.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

As well as provide the seller with a copy of my Photo ID.

Tamara
07-31-2012, 08:08 PM

This is obviously some new definition of "anonymous" I am not familiar with. :rolleyes:

MechEng
07-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Another ammo shortage in ...3....2....1....Out of Stock.