PDA

View Full Version : US Olympic Shooting Medals

Shotgun
08-01-2021, 08:51 PM
Vincent Hancock won gold in Skeet.
Amber English won gold in Skeet.
Brian Burrows and Maddy Bernau took bronze in mixed trap.

I don't know how we did in the pistol or rifle disciplines.

Cacafuego
08-01-2021, 10:47 PM
There was an air rifle win, I think

Paul D
08-01-2021, 11:22 PM
There was an air rifle win, I think

William Shaner won 10 M Air Rifle Gold with a score of 251.6 (Olympic Record). He is only 20 years old. He is a student at the University of Kentucky. Man there are a lot of medalists that are coming out of that place this year. Mary Tucker and teammate Lucas Kozeniesky earned silver in the mixed team shooting 10-meter air rifle. UK College of Medicine's married competitors Lee Kiefer and Gerek Meinhardt won gold and bronze respectively in foil. A big chunk of the track team is from UK.

HCM
08-02-2021, 02:46 AM

Glenn E. Meyer
08-02-2021, 08:56 AM
I note that the national news never mentions or shows them. At least, I didn't see that. Lots of mooning over the swimmers.

Guerrero
08-02-2021, 11:07 AM
Lots of mooning over the swimmers.

I see what you did there. Because, y'know, Speedos.

Guerrero
08-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Pistol Dueling used to be an Olympic Sport:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/646824/when-pistol-dueling-was-an-olympic-event

Baldanders
08-02-2021, 11:36 AM
I note that the national news never mentions or shows them. At least, I didn't see that. Lots of mooning over the swimmers.

At least the air rifle win was on YouTube.

My wife: "how do you tell when they take a shot?"

Those guys are like statues.

JRB
08-02-2021, 06:01 PM

I remember the same thing happening to Kim Rhode and her Gold in women's double trap in '96 as a teenager. You'd think a teenager winning Gold would get sung from the rooftops, but no.

I've seen the same thing repeat every Olympics since, which always makes me wonder whether I should stop giving a shit about the news, the Olympics, or both.

Glenn E. Meyer
08-02-2021, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I saw that a USA woman won the discus but saw two human interest pieces discussing the hard lives of a runner, a swimmer and then the 'protest' of a hammer thrower. If she didn't protest, we would have never seen her.
'

Joe in PNG
08-02-2021, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I saw that a USA woman won the discus but saw two human interest pieces discussing the hard lives of a runner, a swimmer and then the 'protest' of a hammer thrower. If she didn't protest, we would have never seen her.
'

But is that the kind of publicity that is good for a person, in the long run? As Paul Hogan once pointed out, "Rich and famous is not bad, but poor and famous sucks."

Paul D
08-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Eh, these shooters and for that matter shot-putters aren't sexy and harder to connect with universally. You can't sell shit with them.

However, that Caeleb Dressel (who won 5! gold medals and got 2 Olympic records and 2 World records) is a fucking handsome man. He will make bank with endorsements for products that P-F members probably won't ever buy.

I'm sure every Winter Game, members of Curler-Forum.com are bitching they don't get any respect.

Doc_Glock
08-03-2021, 02:50 PM
However, that Caeleb Dressel (who won 5! gold medals and got 2 Olympic records and 2 World records) is a fucking handsome man.

Yeah. The wife noticed. I told her I didn't care where she got her appetite so long as she came home to eat.