PDA

View Full Version : Sig556 SWAT w/ YHM Phantom 5.56

DaZe831
07-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Hello,

I am considering picking up a YHM Phantom QD for my Sig556 SWAT. Does anyone have any expereince with these suppressors? Any expereience suppressing the Sig556? I have done some research here and there, but new to the suppressor turf so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mrozowjj
07-29-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't know a whole lot about silencers but I know a good place to ask

http://silencertalk.com/

SamuelBLong
07-29-2012, 12:03 PM
They use a licensed design by Mark White that is pretty efficient and built like a tank. Other companies designs are lighter and some are more efficient, but YHM puts out a quality product at a good price point.

I don't know what sort of price range you want to stick with, but if I was going to buy a new 5.56 suppressor, Id probably go with the new SilencerCo Saker to avoid getting trapped into one kind of mounting system.

The 550 series guns function just fine...but its not going to set any records for suppression due to the amount of gas venting from the gun. Be prepared to get a lot extra gas coming back towards your face from the ejection port. There are other designs on the market that produce lower back pressure that will help, but I don't know what sort of versatility you're looking for out of your suppressor purchase.