PDA

View Full Version : Hotel maid's tip, leads to multiple arrests.

CCT125US
07-11-2021, 10:22 AM
Didn't see this posted..

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31799626/four-people-arrested-illegal-weapons-possession-charges-hotel-coors-field

"...police discovered 16 long guns, body armor and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from an eighth-floor hotel room that had a balcony overlooking Denver's downtown area."

blues
07-11-2021, 10:29 AM
Interesting...

Stephanie B
07-11-2021, 10:46 AM
Didn't this also just happen in Chicago (housekeeping warning of a mass shooter)?

And what the hell is up with these guys and their "my life sucks, so I'm gonna murder a lot of strangers" ideas?

Totem Polar
07-11-2021, 10:47 AM
I’d be curious to know more about those 3 dudes than can be gleaned from ESPN. The woman’s name is unusual enough to dig up info with a quick search. Interesting to see the typical spin across media outlets, as well.

Pro Tip: Hide your longs and armor from the maid when you go out for pizza and beer. It takes special thinking to leave 16 rifles out and laying around a hotel room…

Duelist
07-11-2021, 10:52 AM
1k rounds and 16 guns? Doesn’t seem like nearly enough ammo.

I was a little excited to hear about what the illegal weapons were, but it looks like 3 of the 4 geniuses were just prohibited possessors, so any gun was illegal for them. Nothing unique about the guns themselves.

Totem Polar
07-11-2021, 10:55 AM
And what the hell is up with these guys and their "my life sucks, so I'm gonna murder a lot of strangers" ideas?

Ask the media that has made a living rewarding fuckery with fame.

;)

—-
I’m waaaay into speculation territory here, but I’m guessing that these 4 were likely living in a constantly changing tornado of bad choices, poor communications skills, and low impulse control. Best guess: 2 of them wanted to sell what they were holding and hit the water park, the social media tough guy was all over the place mintue-by-minute, and the last dude probably was always wondering what was going on. I’m pulling my estimation of their disfunction out of my rear, but I’d still bet a few bucks on it. There are some nutty people out there, and putting 4 of them in a room together will yield dozens of weird ideas per hour.

And here we are, with their names, home towns, and FB profiles at our fingertips… go figure.

Ichiban
07-11-2021, 11:01 AM
So which one was the FBI informant that was going to bug out before SHTF?

That is only partially sarcastic.

blues
07-11-2021, 11:17 AM
So which one was the FBI informant that was going to bug out before SHTF?

That is only partially sarcastic.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/d5/98/22d598a0a9e0dfbad66afc1928ff46e6.jpg

AKDoug
07-11-2021, 11:22 AM
The Maven is only 8 stories tall, and the rooms with balconies don't look over shit for a Vegas level shooting. Sounds more like drug dealers being stupid. You can view it all on Google Earth if you want.

added on edit** There appears to be five rooms with balconies that you "might" be able to lob rounds into the stadium.

Totem Polar
07-11-2021, 12:11 PM
The Maven is only 8 stories tall, and the rooms with balconies don't look over shit for a Vegas level shooting. Sounds more like drug dealers being stupid. You can view it all on Google Earth if you want.

added on edit** There appears to be five rooms with balconies that you "might" be able to lob rounds into the stadium.

You and your facts. Huffpo does not want your insolence.

UNM1136
07-11-2021, 12:20 PM

Gotta turn someone....

The powers of persuasion.

https://youtu.be/jvTpEoi0tzE

pat

blues
07-11-2021, 12:29 PM
Hard to argue with those powers of persuasion.

UNM1136
07-11-2021, 12:58 PM
The more successfully you can argue, the less persuasive a persuasion.

pat

Hambo
07-11-2021, 01:28 PM
Back in the HK ITD days, we rolled in for a week long class with gear bags, gun bags, ammo cans, and obvious cases of ammo that I was certain would scare the horses. The staff acted as though they didn't even see it.

So much for the good old days.

awp_101
07-11-2021, 02:19 PM

DDTSGM
07-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Back in the HK ITD days, we rolled in for a week long class with gear bags, gun bags, ammo cans, and obvious cases of ammo that I was certain would scare the horses. The staff acted as though they didn't even see it.

I shipped ammo in my name to the motel I stayed at, it was waiting behind the counter when I arrived. I always used their guns because I was flying in and didn't want to trust 'my' MP5 to baggage handlers.

I loved that place (ITD).

RJ
07-12-2021, 06:22 PM
We’ve been living in a hotel for a couple months, been interesting.

“Hobby” related items (our code word for subjects related to firearms) get bagged (e.g. Publix shopping bags) going in and out. Same for my olive drab steel hobby cans; I cover them with a jacket or towel in or out.

I rolled my hobby safe in on a luggage cart, again covered by a towel.

Going back and forth to the range with my hobby bag (a LAPG small) is ok, the color I have is kinda a light greenish/gray color. Doing it over I’d probably rather have brought a gym bag to be more discreet.

Everything is always put away/covered up when we are not in the room, and unless we are expecting our weekly service the DND sign is on the door.

Dry practice is problematic. The least worst direction is probably the room air conditioner unit, but I kinda am not crazy about doing that, so my routine has really slowed down.

Can’t wait to get out of here. :)

Caballoflaco
07-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Ask the media that has made a living rewarding fuckery with fame.

;)

—-
I’m waaaay into speculation territory here, but I’m guessing that these 4 were likely living in a constantly changing tornado of bad choices, poor communications skills, and low impulse control. Best guess: 2 of them wanted to sell what they were holding and hit the water park, the social media tough guy was all over the place mintue-by-minute, and the last dude probably was always wondering what was going on. I’m pulling my estimation of their disfunction out of my rear, but I’d still bet a few bucks on it. There are some nutty people out there, and putting 4 of them in a room together will yield dozens of weird ideas per hour.

And here we are, with their names, home towns, and FB profiles at our fingertips… go figure.

Looks like you win a cookie.... Though one does wonder if the guns were merchandise to be sold later or one dude wasn’t planning on going to the water park

Officers set up surveillance, and eventually saw Platt leave one of the rooms and Gabriel Rodriguez inside the hotel, at which time they were arrested. Rodriguez allegedly had a gun, meth and heroin inside a backpack he was wearing.

In a jailhouse interview Monday afternoon, Gabriel Rodriguez said he had been at the hotel to sell a pound of methamphetamine and some heroin to Platt and that he knew nothing about the dozen-plus guns or any other plot.

“I was there to drop off a pound of dope, some heroin, and I’m sorry I had a gun on me. That’s what dope dealers do,” he said.

Decently detailed article:
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/suspect-requested-longer-stay-room-with-balcony-at-maven-hotel-day-of-arrests-documents-say

Totem Polar
07-12-2021, 08:48 PM
“I was there to drop off a pound of dope, some heroin, and I’m sorry I had a gun on me. That’s what dope dealers do,” he said.

I almost respect that statement’s integrity.

Coyotesfan97
07-12-2021, 08:55 PM

I can imagine that. I was nervous in Vegas just having the MP5 and my pistol in the room when I went to the operator and instructor classes for two weeks.

Kanye Wyoming
07-12-2021, 09:22 PM

I almost respect that statement’s integrity.
Right?

I’m sure there are some people who’d buy drugs from some punk ass with no gun. Not in the Wyoming family.

Yung
07-12-2021, 09:46 PM
Dry practice is problematic. The least worst direction is probably the room air conditioner unit, but I kinda am not crazy about doing that, so my routine has really slowed down.

I use a BarrelBlok. Something to consider at home, even.
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?32594-Quick-BarrelBlok-review

Mark D
07-12-2021, 10:46 PM
Ricardo Rodriguez, 44; Gabriel Rodriguez, 48; Richard Platt, 42; and Knoelehua Serikawa, 43, were all arrested and held on suspicion of weapons or drug offenses, or warrants from outside Denver.

You'd want to be careful of a guy named Platt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout#Suspects).

Joe45
07-12-2021, 11:02 PM
You'd want to be careful of a guy named Platt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout#Suspects).First thing I thought of too...