PDA

View Full Version : Fact check: Biden says Second Amendment limits gun rights

Amp
07-06-2021, 08:27 AM
I cannot believe this aired on WRAL in Raleigh:

https://www.wral.com/fact-check-biden-says-second-amendment-limits-gun-rights/19758274/

RJ
07-06-2021, 08:29 AM

fixer
07-06-2021, 09:45 AM
Biden's comment is so astonishingly ignorant that it is a form of miracle.

Caballoflaco
07-06-2021, 09:48 AM
This is not a new argument from people who are pro gun control. It’s been around since the 1930’s.

wvincent
07-06-2021, 10:25 AM
This is not a new argument from people who are pro gun control. It’s been around since the 1930’s.

And if they could find enough SC Justices to share that view.
Well, at least they're not threating to pack the SC.
Oh, wait?

DDTSGM
07-07-2021, 12:22 AM
This nugget from the article, talking about the NFA:

When U.S. Attorney General Homer Cummings made the case for the law before the House Ways and Means Committee, he based it on the government’s power to tax and regulate interstate commerce, not the Second Amendment.

"If we made a statute absolutely forbidding any human being to have a machine gun, you might say there is some constitutional question involved," Cummings said April 16, 1934. "But when you say ‘We will tax the machine gun’ and when you say that ‘the absence of a license showing payment of the tax has been made indicates that a crime has been perpetrated,’ you are easily within the law."

Never heard that before.

Bucky
07-07-2021, 02:27 AM
Wondering how the pro gun Biden supporters feel about this….

LittleLebowski
07-07-2021, 09:15 AM
Like Biden even knows what he's saying and I honestly mean that.

okie john
07-07-2021, 11:03 AM

I'd bet that they're pondering the error of their ways and looking forward to the next election in hopes of putting the brakes on some of this idiocy.

Okie John

entropy
07-07-2021, 11:46 AM
I'd bet that they're pondering the error of their ways and looking forward to the next election in hopes of putting the brakes on some of this idiocy.

Okie John

I bet they’re unwilling to be honest with themselves just like they weren’t honest with themselves in the beginning. Accepting the fact you’ve been duped is a hard pill for most to swallow.

Wise_A
07-07-2021, 11:59 AM
I mean, it's one thing for him to have a fucking cretinous interpretation of the amendment. I get that.

It's that he doesn't understand that the constitution is a limit on governmental power and not the rights of citizens. This is some School House Rock-level shit. I think I learned this in third grade. Not to mention it's an interpretation that's completely incompatible with living in the world. If it were true, I could go on Twitter and talk about how great pedophilia is, or post on here about how the mods are shit.

Shoresy
07-07-2021, 12:28 PM
I mean, it's one thing for him to have a fucking cretinous interpretation of the amendment. I get that.

It's that he doesn't understand that the constitution is a limit on governmental power and not the rights of citizens. This is some School House Rock-level shit. I think I learned this in third grade. Not to mention it's an interpretation that's completely incompatible with living in the world. If it were true, I could go on Twitter and talk about how great pedophilia is, or post on here about how the mods are shit.

I don't think it's that he doesn't understand it; it's understood and dismissed because a limitation on governmental power is inconvenient to the government. The modified version is sold in an attempt to get the populace to misunderstand the principle and accept the revision.

Snapshot
07-07-2021, 12:39 PM
I don't think it's that he doesn't understand it; it's understood and dismissed because a limitation on governmental power is inconvenient to the government. The modified version is sold in an attempt to get the populace to misunderstand the principle and accept the revision.

I can't speak for President Biden (he has lots of people to do that) but agreed there are those who deliberately misinterpret / reinterpret what seem to be very simple and basic ideas to support their ideology, vision and desires.

JohnO
07-07-2021, 12:58 PM

Biden was a dunce when he had all his marbles. Now he is an empty sack with a bunch of rogue actors pulling his strings.

Kyle Reese
07-07-2021, 03:36 PM

Okie John

https://media4.giphy.com/media/Q7ozWVYCR0nyW2rvPW/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe in PNG
07-07-2021, 07:09 PM
It's becoming a Karen world, and there's no shortage of Karens who want the Government to Stop All The Things They Don't Like, Right Now!

Most of them don't understand the idea of the Constitution as a limit on the powers of the Federal Government, and those who do don't like it.

littlejerry
07-07-2021, 08:24 PM

Okie John

Nope, they're still claiming that Biden is less of a 2A threat than Trump and that the recent supreme nominees aren't actually interested in protecting the 2A.

Remember, we had to vote Biden to cleanse ourselves of mean tweets.

KellyinAvon
07-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Well he was in the top 75% of his law school class and said his son Hunter had the greatest intellect. He obviously has great intellect confused with drug-addled.

Joe in PNG
07-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Well he was in the top 75% of his law school class and said his son Hunter had the greatest intellect. He obviously has great intellect confused with drug-addled.

It must be great intellect, otherwise why would all those foreign companies be giving millions of dollars to a crackhead?

Darth_Uno
07-07-2021, 08:46 PM
This nugget from the article, talking about the NFA:

When U.S. Attorney General Homer Cummings made the case for the law before the House Ways and Means Committee, he based it on the government’s power to tax and regulate interstate commerce, not the Second Amendment.

"If we made a statute absolutely forbidding any human being to have a machine gun, you might say there is some constitutional question involved," Cummings said April 16, 1934. "But when you say ‘We will tax the machine gun’ and when you say that ‘the absence of a license showing payment of the tax has been made indicates that a crime has been perpetrated,’ you are easily within the law."

Never heard that before.

I liked your post because I learned something, not because I actually like it.

Borderland
07-07-2021, 08:51 PM

Do you actually believe such a person exists? At best I think they're indifferent on one's RKBA.

UNK
07-07-2021, 10:43 PM

Okie John

Theres a few of them here. I would imagine they are just chomping at the bit to respond to your thoughts.

Joe in PNG
07-07-2021, 10:52 PM
Theres a few of them here. I would imagine they are just chomping at the bit to respond to your thoughts.

But are they able to respond with anything besides "yabutt Orangmanbad!"?

Spartan1980
07-07-2021, 11:58 PM

Did you see the video of him in a store this weekend? He was dazed and confused and had to refer to answer cards that were provided for him and he even had trouble finding it in his jacket. He also stated that he was "given" the info by others while he was digging for it. It wasn't a question that was difficult.

I honestly don't see him finishing his term. He may have a lucid moment somewhere down the road and resign but I think he's going to get 25th'd.

This poll shows damn near 1/3 of democrats don't think he's executing his official duties and he's not even a year in.

https://thetrafalgargroup.org/COSA-National-Biden-Full-Report.pdf

An unrelated snippet is that the Chinese just did a hostile takeover of a British computer chip manufacturer. Does anyone think this would happen with someone competent in the WH? All of our allies have to be quaking in their boots.

Joe in PNG
07-08-2021, 12:15 AM
Did you see the video of him in a store this weekend? He was dazed and confused and had to refer to answer cards that were provided for him and he even had trouble finding it in his jacket. He also stated that he was "given" the info by others while he was digging for it. It wasn't a question that was difficult.

I honestly don't see him finishing his term. He may have a lucid moment somewhere down the road and resign but I think he's going to get 25th'd.

This poll shows damn near 1/3 of democrats don't think he's executing his official duties and he's not even a year in.

Expect to see a whole lot of media "shocked, SHOCKED!!" when the inevitable revelations of his dementia and corruption become too great to cover over.

Spartan1980
07-08-2021, 12:25 AM
Expect to see a whole lot of media "shocked, SHOCKED!!" when the inevitable revelations of his dementia and corruption become too great to cover over.

The dementia thing is coming on rapidly. More so than I expected. There are a lot of people willing to prop him up on and cover for him on the corruption. Putin got his pipeline and he probably will milk this cow for all he can get before he plays his hand. They (Putin and others) are probably having regular meetings on it! :cool:

idahojess
07-08-2021, 12:58 AM
Hopefully no one puts "Go fuck yourself, San Diego" on one of his note cards.

Bucky
07-08-2021, 04:25 AM
The dementia thing is coming on rapidly. More so than I expected. There are a lot of people willing to prop him up on and cover for him on the corruption. Putin got his pipeline and he probably will milk this cow for all he can get before he plays his hand. They (Putin and others) are probably having regular meetings on it! :cool:

I don’t think it’s coming on as quickly as you think. I think it had been there for a while, and he was hiding it. I saw the signs. Not that I’m any kind of expert, but I didn’t see the signs when it happened to my mother, only after the fact that I realized what was happening.

fatdog
07-08-2021, 05:57 AM
I think there was an over/under thread or discussion some time ago on Biden getting 25th'ed or resigning over the dementia. I am sticking with my original month/year, August 2022, they can keep him doped up and protected until then is still my current guess.

Bucky
07-08-2021, 06:26 AM
I think there was an over/under thread or discussion some time ago on Biden getting 25th'ed or resigning over the dementia. I am sticking with my original month/year, August 2022, they can keep him doped up and protected until then is still my current guess.

If he can make it till August 2022, why not January 2023? That would give Kamala The chance to run for two more terms instead of just one.

RJ
07-08-2021, 06:39 AM
Something that has perplexed me is Joe's net approval rating. For the past few months, I've been wondering when (if?) buyer's remorse would set in. But judging by the poll averages on RCP this year, things don't seem to be changing much. You could take away from this that a majority of people think he is doing an ok job.

How do you explain this?

Biden was voted in (IMHO) in a manner similar to Trump. Biden is Not Trump, the same way that Trump was Not Clinton. So people held their noses because they thought Joe was not as bad a Trump was. (Not trying to derail the thread into why Trump lost.) Seven months later, I guess they still feel that way?

I agree that Joe gets 25th'd before the mid-terms. They'll need the time to reimagine Kamala as "Presidential" material, tho. I think this will entail giving her some grey hair, as well as changing her wardrobe from sensible blue skirt suits to something more "stately".

OlongJohnson
07-08-2021, 08:12 AM
The approval is on a steady, if slow, downward trend. The disapproval is climbing much faster, seemingly indicating that people willing to give him a chance, wait and see, and at least there are no mean tweets, have waited and are seeing.

On the other hand, Kamala's popularity seems to be sinking even faster. The more the public sees of her, the less they like her, unless all they're able to see is that she's black and a woman and thus heroic.

entropy
07-08-2021, 08:20 AM
This is why she has disappeared.

Get her out of the public eye so the can do a complete makeover. She’ll return more scripted, even more evil underneath, and the press and the dems will roll forward telling us she was never as originally seen.

This is their usual playbook.

JohnO
07-08-2021, 08:33 AM
Something that has perplexed me is Joe's net approval rating. For the past few months, I've been wondering when (if?) buyer's remorse would set in. But judging by the poll averages on RCP this year, things don't seem to be changing much. You could take away from this that a majority of people think he is doing an ok job.

How do you explain this?

Simple. It's all Bovine Excrement in the same manner the pollsters had Hillary way ahead. Just as the media is an arm of the Progressives so are the polls.

I agree that Joe gets 25th'd before the mid-terms. They'll need the time to reimagine Kamala as "Presidential" material, tho. I think this will entail giving her some grey hair, as well as changing her wardrobe from sensible blue skirt suits to something more "stately".

I used to think Joe was destined to be a short term POTUS, a vessel to install the unelectable Kamala. The more I look at what is transpiring I think Joe will stay unless he loses his shit so bad his senility is impossible to hide. He is the perfect puppet. Kamala, the Obama chosen one has the distinct possibility to go bat shit crazy off the reservation and would be less controllable.

To date I have met one (1) person who admitted he voted for Biden. Paraphrasing he said that he bought into the anti-Trump rhetoric and voted for Biden because Biden wasn't Trump. He went on to say he now regrets voting for Biden.

DC_P
07-08-2021, 08:56 AM
Paraphrasing he said that he bought into the anti-Trump rhetoric and voted for Biden because Biden wasn't Trump. He went on to say he now regrets voting for Biden.

Both my parents (turning 80 this year) have been life long republicans and voted against Trump, saying he was too much of an embarrassment to stay in office. While they haven't openly said they wish Trump was still in the White House, they certainly realize Biden is not the man for the job either.

I don't like Trump, but he was clearly the better of the two bad options we had in my opinion. The only bright spot is some people may have had their eyes opened by the pathetic state of the current administration. If Trump had been reelected it would have been more of the hate against him and more arrogant blow hard non-sense spewing from his twit account.

Borderland
07-08-2021, 09:28 AM
According to 538 Biden is losing altitude but not very fast. He started out about 17 points higher than Trump so he has a ways to go before he gets into the disapproval territory where Trump lived the entire time he was in office.

There's always the chance that something catastrophic could happen that Biden mismanages that will drop him like a rock. Covid and the economy took Trump out, no doubt about it. With no covid and a strong economy I think Trump would have won the last election.

My feeling is Biden won't make it full term and right on schedule with DNC planning. My guess is when he goes below the 45% bar (and he will) they bring in the back up quarterback.

It's all very scripted.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?cid=rrpromo

olstyn
07-08-2021, 12:02 PM
My feeling is Biden won't make it full term and right on schedule with DNC planning. My guess is when he goes below the 45% bar (and he will) they bring in the back up quarterback.

Given that he's made it past the 6 month mark, I expect they'll probably try to string him along until the beginning of 2023, but I could see you being right about things if he drops far enough fast enough.

Joe in PNG
07-08-2021, 03:27 PM
If he can make it till August 2022, why not January 2023? That would give Kamala The chance to run for two more terms instead of just one.

My suspicion is that they don't really want her either.

As for the poll thing, what do the non-political normies see in the Media about Biden other than puff pieces on how he likes ice cream? They've been covering for him hardcore.

blues
07-08-2021, 03:36 PM
My suspicion is that they don't really want her either.

As for the poll thing, what do the non-political normies see in the Media about Biden other than puff pieces on how he likes ice cream? They've been covering for him hardcore.

She's proven to be an even bigger zero than I had imagined she would be. An incompetent, empty pantsuit.