PDA

View Full Version : Glock - Gen 4 Mag Release

JV_
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I definitely like the Gen 4 mag release footprint, but the forward edges are pretty sharp. The corner closest to the trigger is the most problematic. I just re-contoured mine with a small file. It's much better, but I'd still like something a bit longer.

Essentially ... I need a Vickers Gen 4 mag release. Does anyone know if they're even being designed/developed?

VolGrad
03-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Haven't heard about a Vickers for Gen4 but I think I read something about a GLOCK brand "FBI" which would be a bit longer. Not sure if this was made up though as the Gen3 "FBI" isn't even available to us "regular guys".

LittleLebowski
03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I did the same, JV. Haven't looked back.

davisj
03-22-2011, 05:54 AM
I asked LAV this question last November and at the time he had no plans to develop a Gen4 mag release but I recall reading somewhere that one might be coming out. I'm taking a class with him April 2/3 so I'll try to remember to ask.

Oddly enough, this is one of the reasons I traded my Gen4 G19 for another 19 RTF2. I have large hands and used the large back strap which forced me to shift my grip too much to release the magazine. With the RTF2, Grip Force Adapter, and the Vickers Mag Release I have the best fit for me.

John Taylor
03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
I asked LAV this question last November and at the time he had no plans to develop a Gen4 mag release but I recall reading somewhere that one might be coming out. I'm taking a class with him April 2/3 so I'll try to remember to ask.

Oddly enough, this is one of the reasons I traded my Gen4 G19 for another 19 RTF2. I have large hands and used the large back strap which forced me to shift my grip too much to release the magazine. With the RTF2, Grip Force Adapter, and the Vickers Mag Release I have the best fit for me.

Larry is currently working on one with, I believe, TangoDown.