PDA

View Full Version : Farmers Market/ road side stands

UNK
06-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Where Im at a lot of produce sold now is imported from another State. Stopped by yesterday succulent peaches, dark red sweet watermelon, humongous bell peppers, fresh green beans plus a bunch of great looking stuff I didnt purchase.
Also got the bad news my States peach tree population got hit by frost. Thats a real shame as local is better than Georgia Peaches.
100% always better than the local grocery store.
Anybody else taking advantage of these early season delicacies?

Moylan
06-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Strawberries. We lost our normal farm. I dunno if Covid killed it or what, but they're not selling anything this year. Fortunately, we have another one nearby with good pick your own. I think we've spent about $100 so far this year on strawberries. Some are now jam. Most just eaten fresh. We really need to start our own patch.

UNK
06-03-2021, 12:25 PM
Strawberries. We lost our normal farm. I dunno if Covid killed it or what, but they're not selling anything this year. Fortunately, we have another one nearby with good pick your own. I think we've spent about $100 so far this year on strawberries. Some are now jam. Most just eaten fresh. We really need to start our own patch.

That reminds me I know of a winery that lets you pick blackberries and keep half the rest going to the winery. Havent done that since my children were little. They always ended up in cobblers.