PDA

View Full Version : A mistake was made

LittleLebowski
05-19-2021, 12:40 PM
When someone tried to steal UFC heavyweight Derrick Lewis’s vehicle and the thief got caught by Derrick :D

45dotACP
05-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Derrick Lewis is a national treasure and nothing anybody says will change my mind.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

blues
05-19-2021, 12:56 PM
I once came back on the subway from Manhattan to Queens and was walking to my car to drive home.

I had a '73 Datsun 510 at the time and I see a guy trying to break into my car.

I walk over and ask if he needs a hand. He said he left the keys inside.

Said, that's interesting since it's my car...got one good swing on him and he ran up the street.

Felt good.

LittleLebowski
05-19-2021, 01:04 PM
Derrick Lewis is a national treasure and nothing anybody says will change my mind.

Concur. He’s a great American.

HeavyDuty
05-19-2021, 01:33 PM

Damn, a CVPI - what is this, Antiques Roadshow?

Casual Friday
05-19-2021, 07:39 PM
If you don't follow him on Instagram, you're missing out.

LittleLebowski
05-19-2021, 07:41 PM
If you don't follow him on Instagram, you're missing out.

YUP.

lwt16
05-19-2021, 07:56 PM

Easy now. You’re talking about 20 percent of my agency’s current fleet.

Casual Friday
05-19-2021, 08:16 PM

AKDoug
05-19-2021, 08:49 PM
Damn, a CVPI - what is this, Antiques Roadshow? We've got a State Trooper here still rocking his. He says he's not giving it back until here retires, which is only a couple more years. Over 300,000 miles on it.

LittleLebowski
05-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Derrick Lewis is very much pro 2A as well.

ccmdfd
05-19-2021, 08:56 PM
When keeping it real goes wrong.

OlongJohnson
05-19-2021, 09:12 PM

Love the dog in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

mmc45414
05-19-2021, 09:23 PM

Easy now. You’re talking about 20 percent of my agency’s current fleet.
https://youtu.be/4Yab6d19puc?t=8125
:cool:

Caballoflaco
05-19-2021, 11:01 PM

Who cares if it’s old, it’s got...

https://youtu.be/jKmuKjpKPIo

Casual Friday
05-20-2021, 12:10 PM
Derrick Lewis is very much pro 2A as well.

Never forget the left lost their shit when he knocked out Volkov and said this in the post fight interview.

"I forgot, a few hours before the fight, Donald Trump called me and told me I've got to knock this Russian motherf—r out, 'cause they making him look bad on the news. You know, him and (Russian President Vladimir) Putin and s—. F— what they talking bout. USA in this hoe."

He also shouted out Trump after he beat Blagoy Ivanov.

SCCY Marshal
05-20-2021, 12:41 PM
Love the dog in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

I haven't felt this patriotic in a while. Thoreau smiles upon Utah.

"What air pressure you running?"

"...whatever's in there."

https://youtu.be/-f5WRrUJu-8

iWander
05-20-2021, 08:15 PM
We've got a State Trooper here still rocking his. He says he's not giving it back until here retires, which is only a couple more years. Over 300,000 miles on it.Our latest retiree did the same... It stopped running the next day [emoji15].
I made arrangements to have it towed to our shop... The scheduler asked what the main problem was and I told her it died of a broken heart.

NickA
05-20-2021, 08:23 PM
One of his finest post fight moments IMHO:
“My balls was hot.” [emoji23]

https://youtu.be/qy6iULHIaG0

OlongJohnson
05-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Not LE, but I've spent some time behind the wheel of a CVPI. Leaving LA at 0-dark-thirty, driving to Phoenix, working all day, and driving home. A good, comfortable ride. Would consider a nice, clean Panther chassis if I could find one. Would further consider an LS/T56 swap.

JRB
05-21-2021, 11:37 AM
Not LE, but I've spent some time behind the wheel of a CVPI. Leaving LA at 0-dark-thirty, driving to Phoenix, working all day, and driving home. A good, comfortable ride. Would consider a nice, clean Panther chassis if I could find one. Would further consider an LS/T56 swap.

Skip the T56 and go with a 6L80E. Hanging a manual pedal cluster and getting a good shifter position in a Panther is a cast-iron bitch and not worth the fuss. We tried. If you don't mind a truck-like shifter and shifter position it'd be fine, but that sucks for a performance car.

My favorite CV ever was a customer's ex-detective CVPI with an engine swap to a Vortech V2 supercharged Coyote 5.0L w/6R80E trans. Did custom shorty-ish headers to the stock exhaust and mufflers with electric exhaust cutouts at the end of the headers, so he could go from quiet highway cruiser to open headers with a flip of a switch. Made around 580whp if memory serves. Got better mileage than the original PI 4.6L 2V V8 too, though she drank premium. We ended up having the stock PI steel wheels widened by Weldcraft in MI to get a wider R-comp tire on the back of it, because the standard PI tires would just boil until about 80mph. Total sleeper!

Otherwise, yeah, an LS3 with a 6L80 behind it would do the trick as well. :)

Given current LS prices, I think I'd opt for a 2011+ F150 5.0L 2wd complete pullout w/6R80 trans and go from there. The 6R80 is surprisingly compact for the HP it can handle.

OlongJohnson
05-21-2021, 11:51 AM
Given current LS prices, I think I'd opt for a 2011+ F150 5.0L 2wd complete pullout w/6R80 trans and go from there. The 6R80 is surprisingly compact for the HP it can handle.

Does the 5.0 bolt up to the factory CV 4.6 mounts? A 5.0 and don't worry about any further mods would be a heck of a cool cruiser.

JRB
05-21-2021, 12:08 PM
Does the 5.0 bolt up to the factory CV 4.6 mounts? A 5.0 and don't worry about any further mods would be a heck of a cool cruiser.

No, that took a bunch of fab work. Nothing too complicated though. With stuff like that I like to get the trans mount done first to set the length & engine position in the chassis, then with the trans mount bolted up and a hoist holding up the engine, you can mock up some engine brackets out of cheap wood or cardboard and make a template for cut sheet metal & welded engine brackets from there. IIRC we kept the CVPI damped engine mounts but made brackets to bolt the Coyote to those mounts.

The radiator had to be pushed forward into the nose a bit and the battery relocated to the trunk to make room to relocate the coolant overflow and various other stuff needed to allow the SC to fit. It was a tight, tight package when all was said and done and if I was doing it over again, I'd probably go for a Magnuson or Whipple twin screw and just deal with a cowl hood.

We ended up using Coyote shorty headers for an S197 Mustang and reworking the collector angles and such to make cutout-friendly midpipes that matched up to the stock exhaust. It didn't have very aggressive pulley ratios for the blower but even with the cutouts open, the same combo usually made about 625hp in a Mustang with longtubes so we know the headers and other stuff held it back a bit.

Still a very cool car, but it was work intensive.

This is a link to a similar build, but sans supercharger kit and all the mess that included. Vlad and the rest of the guys at National Speed are the right kind of crazy.

https://nationalspeedinc.com/crown-victoria-coyote-5-0l-swap/

Stephanie B
05-21-2021, 05:16 PM
A long time ago, I was doing some legal work in a fairly wealthy town in Westchester County. The freaking meter maids (aka "parking enforcement") drove late model CVPIs. I asked the town clerk if I could get on the list for notification when they were selling them off. She just laughed at me.

But damn, I sure would love one. (That, and a 3rd-generation Accord sedan with a five-speed.)

Shades
05-21-2021, 05:43 PM
Our local department still runs two or three CVPIs and just yesterday I saw a Virginia statie in a CVPI watching traffic on I-66. That latter sighting surprised me, but also made me smile. A real police car!

LittleLebowski
05-30-2021, 09:00 PM
A long time ago, I was doing some legal work in a fairly wealthy town in Westchester County. The freaking meter maids (aka "parking enforcement") drove late model CVPIs. I asked the town clerk if I could get on the list for notification when they were selling them off. She just laughed at me.

But damn, I sure would love one. (That, and a 3rd-generation Accord sedan with a five-speed.)

Pepperidge Farm remembers the good, fun to drive Hondas :(