PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Sub-Compact Tractors

SD
05-12-2021, 12:32 PM
My needs have changed with new property 2.25 acres of heavy overgrown brush, lots of mature hardwoods, along with a bunch of ground cut stumps (40+). Love my Ventrac 3000 but it was discontinued this year and the 4000 series is just way to

much money. Looking @ tractors up to 25hp, 4x4, loader, belly-mower, small rotary brush cutter to start with. First thing I have discovered locally there is no inventory, dealers have no idea when to expect deliveries for pre-sold tractors. My question

concerning the lesser known brands many with origins from South Korea mostly. Are these machines as dependable as Kubota and John Deere for example? The Kubota dealer is the closest but will not even talk BX sales, has 23 sold, waiting for deliveries and

some of the customers are a little anxious. Just up the street is Mahindra/Kioti dealer they have plenty of Mahindra's and zero Kioti's makes me a little apprehensive of the Mahindra brand. Over at the New Holland dealer further down the road they

are focused more on the Ag big boys, they have one Workmaster 25 at a dealer 2+hrs away and want 27K+ for machine-loader-bellymower, seems a little over priced. I know the old saying pay once cry once, but with so many different brands and

pricing all over the place what are your experiences, do/dont's for sub-compact tractors.

BN
05-12-2021, 01:05 PM
I have a Kubota BX2370. It's a work horse. I've had it 4 or 5 years. I have mowed through hay fields with the deck set high and then lowered the deck to finish mow. I have a small brush hog for the really rough stuff. I would buy it again. Most everybody around my area has Kubota including a neighbor who used to be John Deere all the way. I love the power steering. I mow around a lot of trees and stuff. Probably not as maneuverable as a zero turn, but much more versatile.

I think if it was me, I'd wait for a Kubota.