PDA

View Full Version : LEOSA Language on retirement ID

Lon
05-07-2021, 08:19 AM
Looking for language on retirement IDs to show they’re LEOSA covered. Anyone care to share?

ST911
05-07-2021, 08:48 AM
"The bearer of this credential is a (qualified LEO/qualified retired LEO) as defined by 18 USC 926 (B/C)"
"(Name) is verified eligible for the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA)"
"LEOSA Eligible - CCW Exempt"

Have also seen something like, "to verify credential and qualification status contact ORI#...".

Some are really wordy and some folks have multi-piece cred packets. If crafting your own, keep it simple.

Trooper224
05-07-2021, 11:18 AM
My agency issues two creds, one when you retire and another for LEOSA. You get the first when you retire and it's a one off. The second is a yearly issue. They look identical, except the first says "KHP Retired" on the top, the second states, "KHP CCW HR. 218" and includes a expiration date on the front. Both are photo IDs.

Joe Mac
05-07-2021, 12:15 PM
My agency issues two creds, one when you retire and another for LEOSA. You get the first when you retire and it's a one off. The second is a yearly issue. They look identical, except the first says "KHP Retired" on the top, the second states, "KHP CCW HR. 218" and includes a expiration date on the front. Both are photo IDs.

Very similar here. The annual LEOSA card is identical to our (non-expiring) retired ID on the front, while the back has the LEOSA expiration date.

mark7
05-07-2021, 12:35 PM
We borrowed the language on the back of DOD card and changed the contact info to our PSAP & ORI

ECS686
05-07-2021, 11:31 PM
I just retired from the Federal Bureau of Prisons. We were issued the same DOJ/FBOP ID as before. The only difference is the retired one states "Retired Law Enforcement Officer" Where the other one stated "Law Enforcement Officer" Neither had an expiration date.

As far as firearms qualification. We qualify through a local Sheriff's Department that does courtesy Retired LEOSA quals and issues us a card.

Lon
05-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Thanks everyone. Gave me some good ideas. Gonna end up going with the 2 card (ID and separate qual card) system.

gtmtnbiker98
05-08-2021, 01:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Gave me some good ideas. Gonna end up going with the 2 card (ID and separate qual card) system.

Best method. I’ve had several retirees stop qualifying after a few years. Saves on re-issuing credentials.

DaBigBR
05-09-2021, 08:12 AM
We do the two card system although the second card is just a business card sized qualification card. That way we can fill it out for the retiree at the range and they aren't stuck waiting.

the Schwartz
05-27-2021, 01:46 PM
We do the two card system although the second card is just a business card sized qualification card. That way we can fill it out for the retiree at the range and they aren't stuck waiting.

That's how my retiring agency did mine, too. I really appreciate the convenience of being on my way in less than 30 minutes.

Kyle Reese
05-27-2021, 05:09 PM
Joining the LEOSA club in a fortnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WobblyPossum
05-28-2021, 08:14 AM
Joining the LEOSA club in a fortnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Kyle Reese
05-28-2021, 09:23 AM
Congratulations!