PDA

View Full Version : Henine straight 8 instalation question (HK45/P30)...

Firestickfilms
07-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I bought two sets of Straight 8s for intalation into my two HKs, I installed the P30 sights but found that both front and rear required more "fitting" than I anticipated. From Henies card with the sights I expected a little bit of sanding from the bottom of the dovetail but eneded up needing to take material off the front angle too just to get it to hammer in without pushing up a burr in the sight. The front sight required me to take material off the bottom of the post both front and back to get over the raised stirp running down the center line of the slide. The good news is the gun shoot even better than before and seem solid with the set screw locktited. I'm now about to install the same sights on the HK45 and am wondering if I missed something the first time around or is this normal for these sights?
Thanks.

secondstoryguy
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I've seen this before on when mounting Heinie's on HKs. It's not uncommon. The clearance is frequently very tight between the sight blade and the slide...I too have had to very lightly dress the bottom of the blade to get it to fit property and not scuff the top of the slide on its way in.

SamuelBLong
07-17-2012, 11:40 PM
No worries. Sounds like you're fitting them properly.

For the time being, they're our best option... they're just a pain to install.

SGT_Calle
07-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm impressed you took on the installation, probably because I'd never be able to pull it off, lol. After talking to a few local shops I've decided to just send my slide to Heine to have them install my straight8 set on my HK45c.

Firestickfilms
07-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm a tinkerer by nature. I was thinking I might do the same for the Hk45 but now that I know what to expect I'm too impatient to send it off.