PDA

View Full Version : DQ at the USPSA Marysville Series Match. Open Division.

robot
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Was a bad day for me. Should have composed myself and get out of the rut earlier in the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP3eCtIyDjU

JV_
07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
It's easy to come online your best runs/scores, it takes a bit more character to post your mistakes. Thanks for sharing.

rsa-otc
07-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Couldn't agree more JV!

ToddG
07-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Well said, JV! Thanks for the vide and your honest self-assessment, robot!

rudy99
07-18-2012, 09:38 AM
What was the DQ for? From what I could tell, it was possibly 180 or finger on trigger during a reload. Maybe I'm missing something.

bdcheung
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I think there was a ND at the end of the stage.

rudy99
07-18-2012, 09:44 AM

Ok, re-watched that part and I think you're correct (@4:36).

ToddG
07-18-2012, 09:54 AM

Correct. AD'd leaving a port with the muzzle elevated.

Kyle Reese
07-18-2012, 10:07 AM
It's easy to come online your best runs/scores, it takes a bit more character to post your mistakes. Thanks for sharing.

Ditto. I admire your integrity, Robot.

robot
07-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

I remember when I started shooting competition, I never knew what the offenses for a DQ look like until I had one myself. Just thought I'd share with everyone what they look like so they know what to expect, especially when you're running a shooter through a course of fire.

What I learned the hard way is to make sure I maintain concentration and be mentally prepared to shoot a stage, if not, ask the squad leader to take some time off and recompose.

Fireman489
07-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Ok so Ive been reading on this site for 6 months or so..... Ive never registered , always just read. But after watching your Video Mr Robot, I was moved to register if only to make this one post. HOLY $%^& !!! Dang your fast....lol I understand the mistake, but DANG dude ....your AWESOME even the best Athletes can have a bad day..... Im sure its the same with competition shooters..... Im so very new to IDPA & pistols in general so I have no experience to back up what Im saying but I wouldnt be too hard on yourself.... Like the others said also ...takes some serious backbone to post a mistake.... Anyway.... keep rockin..... I'll go back to reading...lol

robot
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Ok so Ive been reading on this site for 6 months or so..... Ive never registered , always just read. But after watching your Video Mr Robot, I was moved to register if only to make this one post. HOLY $%^& !!! Dang your fast....lol I understand the mistake, but DANG dude ....your AWESOME even the best Athletes can have a bad day..... Im sure its the same with competition shooters..... Im so very new to IDPA & pistols in general so I have no experience to back up what Im saying but I wouldnt be too hard on yourself.... Like the others said also ...takes some serious backbone to post a mistake.... Anyway.... keep rockin..... I'll go back to reading...lol

Thanks buddy! yes you should go out and shoot practical pistol sports. It beats shooting paper targets in a square range. Just be safe!