PDA

View Full Version : Compatible Flat Faced Trigger?

LukeNCMX
04-23-2021, 02:16 PM
Is there an aftermarket flat faced trigger compatible with the Gen 5 SCD?

I like the Overwatch Precision shoe but I know their triggers are not compatible.

I thought Apex triggers would work but their website mentions pre-travel reduction.

HeavyDuty
04-23-2021, 02:20 PM
I have one of the polymer Vickers triggers in my 19.5, and I havenít noticed any impairment. But Iíll be following this closely, because thatís something I never even considered.

RJ
04-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Not "Gen 5", but I have a SCD on my Glock 48. I just ordered an Apex (shoe, bar, connector) kit from Brownell's, which should be here tomorrow. I'll post back with the results. Also, and this is anecdotal, but: with regard to a Gen 5, my '17 production year Glock 19 Gen 5 wore an SCD with an Overwatch Precision trigger kit (shoe, bar). I had no problems with the SCD laying flat.

Obviously I would defer to Tau Industries on this one.

Up1911Fan
04-23-2021, 06:23 PM
I use the SSVI TYR trigger on multiple Gen5's with SCD's. It's not flat as on vertical, but flat faced instead of rounded like the stock trigger.

dontshakepandas
04-23-2021, 08:53 PM
Iíve had 5 different Overwatch Precision PolyDAT triggers that all worked just fine with the gen 5 SCD in various different guns.

EVP
04-24-2021, 09:10 AM
I found when I tried a Apex trigger in my gen 5 it did not lay flat. It was barely noticeable. I heard about the SSVI working but never tried one personally.

I honestly would make sure there is clearance whatever trigger you try. Tom designed the Gadget to have a certain amount of clearance.

GearFondler
04-24-2021, 11:25 AM
You can easily modify the SCD just like Tom used to offer for reduced pre-travel triggers to allow for the clearance... Out of respect for Tom I will not post pics or How-to's but will say that it's very easy to figure out if you look into it.

RJ
04-24-2021, 12:16 PM
Crap now Iím rethinking whether to put an Apex trigger in after all. I went through this with my G43X and an Overwatch, but I was never crazy about aftermarket components in my carry gun. I mean I like the Apex shoe in my G34 but I wonder at the usefulness of it my G48, especially since I REALLY want to keep the SCD for AIWB. Decisions decisions...

RJ
04-24-2021, 01:31 PM
Crap now Iím rethinking whether to put an Apex trigger in after all. I went through this with my G43X and an Overwatch, but I was never crazy about aftermarket components in my carry gun. I mean I like the Apex shoe in my G34 but I wonder at the usefulness of it my G48, especially since I REALLY want to keep the SCD for AIWB. Decisions decisions...

Right, so the Apex trigger is going back to Brownell's.

The trigger bar and connector both appear rough/unfinished, as per normal factory Glock. The connector appears to be the same geometry as what is currently in my G48 (I noticed that on the Apex Kit in my G34, as well) so that's no help, really. I didn't feel like for $118 and the fact that to be happy, I'd need to polish the usual surfaces on the trigger bar and connector that it was worth the money, with Brownell's policy. To their credit, the return process is very fast and easy with free shipping back on their dime, including an address label for the box.

I think I'm ok with this as for what I need for my G48, I can get inside 1" squares with the factory trigger at 5 yards consistently. I have my slide coming back hopefully next week, which now I'll have a 507k2 on it.

Sorry for thread drift but I wanted to close out on my comment; back to the SCD discussion (which reminds me I need to get an order in for a double stack SCD for my G34, shame on me.)

HeavyDuty
04-24-2021, 04:37 PM
And I feel like an idiot - when I commented, I was thinking trigger *shoe*.