PDA

View Full Version : A perfect world ahead.................

Trooper224
04-03-2021, 11:17 AM
https://www.coloradoan.com/in-depth/news/local/2021/03/22/police-reform-what-could-look-like-us/4615041001/?fbclid=IwAR3npskkZ4inO7ULeyGuqxhtNx9Qs4aKDH76eURm Z5u5X7bjRYxwJxjZV-0

Trigger
04-03-2021, 11:27 AM
I read that as a social engineering piece wrapped up in utopian fantasy. Felt a little nauseated by the end.

Caballoflaco
04-03-2021, 11:30 AM
https://www.coloradoan.com/in-depth/news/local/2021/03/22/police-reform-what-could-look-like-us/4615041001/?fbclid=IwAR3npskkZ4inO7ULeyGuqxhtNx9Qs4aKDH76eURm Z5u5X7bjRYxwJxjZV-0

I couldn’t physically make it to the end of that article, so I have a question. Does she ever talk about how all of our asses will smell like roses because of the “3 shells” bathroom hygiene products mandated by our overlords after the great TP panics of 2020?

lwt16
04-03-2021, 11:32 AM
Laughs in street crime infested zone.

Regards.

Trooper224
04-03-2021, 11:49 AM
I couldn’t physically make it to the end of that article, so I have a question. Does she ever talk about how all of our asses will smell like roses because of the “3 shells” bathroom hygiene products mandated by our overlords after the great TP panics of 2020?

No, but there may be a reference to all restaurants being named Taco Bell.

blues
04-03-2021, 11:49 AM

"Now, where the f##k is that rainbow?"

jd950
04-03-2021, 01:25 PM
Ok, sure. I am down cops living in the neighborhoods in which they work. Let me just get the Uhaul packed and I'll be right over.

OlongJohnson
04-03-2021, 01:30 PM
I couldn't get very far into it, either. But it did occur to me that people who want that world want it for everyone and everything. Except themselves. They don't want everyone knowing all about them, and they sure as hell don't want their employment and disciplinary records at work to be public information. But you, their hairdresser, the plumber, absolutely.

okie john
04-03-2021, 01:50 PM
That would work perfectly in a world where the most serious offender is a weepy drunk.

Okie John

Coyotesfan97
04-03-2021, 02:30 PM
One of our first female patrol Officers was Black and she lived in her family’s house in a small but a high crime and gang area neighborhood. This was over 30 years ago. I couldn’t make it past “one of the first Black Officers”. These people have no concept of the evil that’s out there.

Oldherkpilot
04-03-2021, 03:03 PM
This article reminded me of the Disney movie Zootopia. The movie was bullshit, too.

Borderland
04-03-2021, 03:44 PM
This article reminded me of the Disney movie Zootopia. The movie was bullshit, too.

I think Mary Poppins was a Disney movie also.

blues
04-03-2021, 03:51 PM
I think Mary Poppins was a Disney movie also.

Just have to change the contents of the "spoonful" to make it relevant.

UNK
04-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Nikis brothers duty belt that he no longer wears included a revolver.

jd950
04-03-2021, 04:29 PM
One of our first female patrol Officers was Black and she lived in her family’s house in a small but a high crime and gang area neighborhood. This was over 30 years ago. I couldn’t make it past “one of the first Black Officers”. These people have no concept of the evil that’s out there.

I recall working with a Latino officer who was pretty new to the department . Within abut 18 months on the job, he left. He just could not take the all times he was called a "coconut," and told he needed to cut people breaks because of shared ethnicity, and the hate he got when he refused. He talked about how his former school-mates and neighbors shunned him and how his family did not want him to visit them in the old neighborhood because they were afraid they would be victimized, etc.
He took a job at the post office. Maybe someone should write some stories about that. (It occurs tome that I may have been unclear...the abuse was not from within the department, but from the community)

I have known and worked with black cops for many, many years, including patrol cops, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants, commanders and chiefs. I don't know what to say to people who think these cops somehow don't exist.

Then there was the white guy I worked with who moved into the city and not knowing his way around or thinking to ask where he could live, moved into the "wrong" area. I guess that sounds bad to say, but it was one of those areas where rocks wold come flying over a fence and hit your patrol car while driving by, and you called in an additional unit to watch your car while on a call, so there was still air in the tires when you came back.

Between the vandalism and graffiti to his car and to the exterior of his apartment, the threats to him and his family, being unable to sit outside or walk in the neighborhood without being harassed or watched, he was a bit stressed. When someone broke into the apartment, stole the usual stuff and spray painted "pig" and similar all over the apartment and defecated and urinated on the bed and elsewhere, he decided to move himself and his pregnant wife to a different neighborhood.

But you know, if it weren't for those nasty guns and tasers and handcuffs, and we weren't beating people up all the time and arresting them for no reason, then people would have been nice to us. Right?

Joe in PNG
04-03-2021, 04:48 PM
It's a nice idea, if one wants to see vigilantes and lynchings make a comeback. Or if one is hoping to use the resulting chaos and breakdown of law & order to replace our current system with literal jackbooted thugs. Or both.

Coyotesfan97
04-03-2021, 05:27 PM
I recall working with a Latino officer who was pretty new to the department . Within abut 18 months on the job, he left. He just could not take the all times he was called a "coconut," and told he needed to cut people breaks because of shared ethnicity, and the hate he got when he refused. He talked about how his former school-mates and neighbors shunned him and how his family did not want him to visit them in the old neighborhood because they were afraid they would be victimized, etc.
He took a job at the post office. Maybe someone should write some stories about that. (It occurs tome that I may have been unclear...the abuse was not from within the department, but from the community)

I have known and worked with black cops for many, many years, including patrol cops, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants, commanders and chiefs. I don't know what to say to people who think these cops somehow don't exist.

Then there was the white guy I worked with who moved into the city and not knowing his way around or thinking to ask where he could live, moved into the "wrong" area. I guess that sounds bad to say, but it was one of those areas where rocks wold come flying over a fence and hit your patrol car while driving by, and you called in an additional unit to watch your car while on a call, so there was still air in the tires when you came back.

Between the vandalism and graffiti to his car and to the exterior of his apartment, the threats to him and his family, being unable to sit outside or walk in the neighborhood without being harassed or watched, he was a bit stressed. When someone broke into the apartment, stole the usual stuff and spray painted "pig" and similar all over the apartment and defecated and urinated on the bed and elsewhere, he decided to move himself and his pregnant wife to a different neighborhood.

But you know, if it weren't for those nasty guns and tasers and handcuffs, and we weren't beating people up all the time and arresting them for no reason, then people would have been nice to us. Right?

I’ve seen everything you posted.

Nephrology
04-03-2021, 06:00 PM

Yeah that sort of blew my mind. I refuse to believe that most Americans have never seen a black cop. Like, wtf. I'd love to see an article marveling at "the first black doctor" the author has ever met like this is noteworthy in the year 2021. The racism there is not especially subtle.

and yes, I'll never forget the first time I saw someone die in front of me: shot to death over a dispute about the volume of a stereo. Or the guy who was in the ED pre-detention for strangling an old man to death, in broad daylight, on a Sunday morning. etc.

I think that if you are someone who chooses not to believe that this happens, you will never see it unless you are exposed to it firsthand. Even as someone who was never a skeptic, my very brief glimpse into that world forever changed my view of things. To me, the views espoused by the author of the article are just evidence of a worldview that can only exist when you're privileged enough to have never seen the monstrous things that people do to each other.

blues
04-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Cue Louis Armstrong...

https://youtu.be/e1FN047_LT0

Video not embedded to avoid sidetrack.

Borderland
04-03-2021, 06:48 PM
It's a nice idea, if one wants to see vigilantes and lynchings make a comeback. Or if one is hoping to use the resulting chaos and breakdown of law & order to replace our current system with literal jackbooted thugs. Or both.

I'll keep my carbine just in case everyone decides to defund the Po Po and social justice is once again popular.

https://i.ibb.co/C0NDJQQ/No-creed.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

TheNewbie
04-03-2021, 07:17 PM
Yeah that sort of blew my mind. I refuse to believe that most Americans have never seen a black cop. Like, wtf. I'd love to see an article marveling at "the first black doctor" the author has ever met like this is noteworthy in the year 2021. The racism there is not especially subtle.

and yes, I'll never forget the first time I saw someone die in front of me: shot to death over a dispute about the volume of a stereo. Or the guy who was in the ED pre-detention for strangling an old man to death, in broad daylight, on a Sunday morning. etc.

I think that if you are someone who chooses not to believe that this happens, you will never see it unless you are exposed to it firsthand. Even as someone who was never a skeptic, my very brief glimpse into that world forever changed my view of things. To me, the views espoused by the author of the article are just evidence of a worldview that can only exist when you're privileged enough to have never seen the monstrous things that people do to each other.

My partner and I stopped a dude one time. At night. Guy said it was because he was black......to my black partner.

Yea, officers that look like the community are the issue. What a joke. Would I care if my whole police force was half black half Japanese if they were competent? The world's insanity is showing again.

Shotgun
04-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Great article. How true. Wish I could write more about how good the article was, but it's time to go feed my pet unicorn.

Coyotesfan97
04-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Every now and then while driving a white suspect to jail I’d get you’re prejudiced against white people. Roll eyes.

One time I cited the vehicle #1 driver who was an Asian woman for a violation in an accident. She called in a complaint because she said I was prejudiced against Asians. The driver of vehicle #2 was a black woman. My old Sergeant and I still chuckle at that one.

Suvorov
04-03-2021, 07:49 PM
This woke wet dream would work pretty good if there wasn’t evil in the world.

Honestly the art tells me everything I need to know about the”journalists” who participated in this reimagining of law enforcement.

FNFAN
04-03-2021, 07:57 PM

We’re on the cutting edge of Utopia in Colorado!

Ending misdemeanor arrests of students in schools (https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/2021/04/02/school-discipline-colorado-sb182-caplis/)

Borderland
04-03-2021, 09:06 PM
We’re on the cutting edge of Utopia in Colorado!

Ending misdemeanor arrests of students in schools (https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/2021/04/02/school-discipline-colorado-sb182-caplis/)

Well, good luck with that. I've lived the dream in a predominately Hispanic high school. I was a minority and it was exciting almost everyday. I guess I've always had a problem with racists.

Trooper224
04-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Great article. How true. Wish I could write more about how good the article was, but it's time to go feed my pet unicorn.

How dare you exercise your toxic patriarchy on that noble animal. Unicorns are very close to humans in their wokeness. They don't deserve to be subjugated in order to advance your personal intersectionality. Unicorn lives matter dude.

Totem Polar
04-04-2021, 04:10 AM

https://resizing.flixster.com/cw3mp4UlHvNqDGejD7UPiWVVuXQ=/206x305/v2/https://flxt.tmsimg.com/assets/p38611_p_v7_aa.jpg

FNFAN
04-04-2021, 04:16 AM
Well, good luck with that. I've lived the dream in a predominately Hispanic high school. I was a minority and it was exciting almost everyday. I guess I've always had a problem with racists.

It's going to be fascinating to see the repercussions down the road. I bet we see lots of female teachers leaving the profession.

willie
04-04-2021, 08:42 AM
They didn't tell you the other half of the plan which is taking people out of these neighborhoods and having them live next door.

OlongJohnson
04-04-2021, 10:27 AM
Cue Louis Armstrong...

https://youtu.be/e1FN047_LT0

Video not embedded to avoid sidetrack.

Didn't you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFIDTs3WtI

blues
04-04-2021, 10:59 AM
Didn't you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFIDTs3WtI

Not if you listened to the link.

Borderland
04-04-2021, 12:48 PM
It's going to be fascinating to see the repercussions down the road. I bet we see lots of female teachers leaving the profession.

Yeah, I can't imagine what a high school would be like these days, especially if you couldn't arrest students for assault.

I'm sure the social experiment will work out just fine. :(

45dotACP
04-04-2021, 03:05 PM
Sounds to me like this author grew up in some soft places, given what they seem to think police work entails and the types of people police encounter.

Filed under comedy for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Joe in PNG
04-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Sounds to me like this author grew up in some soft places, given what they seem to think police work entails and the types of people police encounter.

Filed under comedy for me.

That, and neither the author, nor the social scientists or politicians pushing this absolute shite will have to worry about facing the repercussions- either directly, or even for actively advocating a position that is actively harmful and damaging. Even when it becomes glaringly obvious that de-policing is resulting in the deaths of innocent people, that teachers are being driven away from the new blackboard jungle, and that the very BIPOC that are supposed to be benefited from this are actually far far worse off through these policies- none of those people will be called to account.

Just like all the other horribly failed, supposedly helpful policies, utterly malignant policies pushed by head-in-arse reporters, social scientist, and politicians over the past number of decades. It's a pity that tar & feathers have gone out of style.

CWM11B
04-05-2021, 12:10 PM
I must have missed the part where they interviewed all the predators who promised to quit doing preadtor shit once the police quit being meanies. God, how I wish for a remote place devoid of people to live out my days...

Joe in PNG
04-05-2021, 03:32 PM
I must have missed the part where they interviewed all the predators who promised to quit doing preadtor shit once the police quit being meanies. God, how I wish for a remote place devoid of people to live out my days...

Or that these policies will somehow instill proper impulse control, empathy, and long term thinking in those who currently lack them.