PDA

View Full Version : A K-Snub Range Trip

SCCY Marshal
03-31-2021, 12:46 PM
Between hunting, skiing, work, deaths, familial obligations, and a continuing ammunition shortage, I've let my belt gun get a bit linty. While having the morning cuppa builder's and idly browsing while waking up, HeadHunter's post caught my eye on Monday. It seemed a good way to test my atrophied skills.

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2021/03/25/rangemaster-course-of-fire/

The weather was blustery, cold, wet, and unfit for man or beast. So I immediately dumped my carry ammo, made a target, wrote range notes, packed a knapsack, threw on my wellies, loaded up with some garbage handloads, and hiked a couple miles to a windy clearing. Having more sheltered ones nearby crossed my mind but I was feeling stubborn.

Model 10 snub stuffed appendix IWB under a light jacket. Re-shot the second rep of the failure drill as I had a blonde moment and dumped all four shots center-of-mass despite having done it right the first time. The new trousers I wore that day put up a fight both getting my hand in to the Comp-III and pulling it out. So, five shots over par time, one dumpster fire of a string, and two shots outside my 6" scoring zone. Draw strings started from a mix of hands in a fence while verbally engaging the target and hands at sides while looking off in another direction.

Dryfire points for improvement: Draw to single shot and reloading.

Livefire points for improvement: Recoil control. Limited practice though because ammo is still scarce. More room for improvement with draws to single hits, anyway. And time management. There was no excuse for those two -1s given my cushy time buffers in those strings.

As for the two-inch Model 10, I still love the little thing. Comfortable out and back, reliable, conceals great with the Hip-Grip and doesn't much like missing.

03RN
03-31-2021, 01:26 PM
Good job shooting in all weather. I love shooting in crummy weather.

I need to do better at having structured shooting sessions. Last time out I did and felt much more productive.
Bang, click, reload, bang

https://youtu.be/6zvC2CKCOXs