PDA

View Full Version : Texas DPS Trooper Shot

willie
03-27-2021, 02:31 AM
As of 10 pm on 3/26, local news announced that a DPS trooper was shot and remains in critical condition. This occurred in Mexia located in Limestone County east of Waco.

jd950
03-27-2021, 06:37 PM
There is a reason I tell recruits to try not to think in terms of a "routine" traffic contact.

I have said a prayer for the trooper and will keep him in my thoughts.

Shotgun
03-27-2021, 10:12 PM
Reportedly, the shooter has now committed suicide.

jd950
03-28-2021, 09:27 AM
Reportedly, the shooter has now committed suicide.

This is a public forum, so I have no comment.

blues
03-28-2021, 09:32 AM
This is a public forum, so I have no comment.

Well, I'm no longer employed, so I don't mind saying it was too easy an end for him if true.

willie
03-28-2021, 02:45 PM
If what I read is true, the shooter shot the trooper while he was still in his vehicle. it appears that other trooper and shooter are African American, and if this fact is true, then race motives would not apply.

TheNewbie
03-28-2021, 03:46 PM
If what I read is true, the shooter shot the trooper while he was still in his vehicle. it appears that other trooper and shooter are African American, and if this fact is true, then race motives would not apply.

They almost never apply*. Besides it’s only if it’s the other direction that it would matter, and then it doesn’t matter the color of the cop. Because all cops are “blue”.

*The targeted killings of LEOs by black radicals would be a significant exception.

El Cid
03-28-2021, 07:02 PM
The trooper is not the same race as the POS who shot him.

And then the news reported he asser away but that was inaccurate... smh

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/03/28/dps-trooper-dies-from-injuries-following-roadside-ambush-police-say/

Editor’s note: We originally reported the trooper had succumbed to his injuries, as reported from a police department. However, according to Texas DPS, he is still in critical condition

HCM
03-28-2021, 08:43 PM
Trooper stopped to assist a disabled motorist encountered while patrolling. This suspect was a convicted felon, wanted in connection for other crimes. As mentioned, the suspect immediately exited his vehicle and opened fire on the trooper through the windshield of the troopers vehicle while the Trooper was in the driver's seat, before any contact was initiated.

blues
03-28-2021, 08:52 PM
Trooper stopped to assist a disabled motorist encountered while patrolling. This suspect was a convicted felon, wanted in connection for other crimes. As mentioned, the suspect immediately exited his vehicle and opened fire on the trooper through the windshield of the troopers vehicle while the Trooper was in the driver's seat, before any contact was initiated.

This is the story of an officer who I had befriended when he helped me on an investigation back when in NYC. He had just come off an undercover assignment when he was put back on road patrol work. Take nothing for granted.

I still remember the morning I learned of his death as I was taking the stand to testify in my own nine month long undercover case.
The tale is more than a little twisted.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/crazed-killer-responsible-series-murders-article-1.2777069

Trooper224
03-28-2021, 10:35 PM
Years ago, one of ours was killed in a similar incident. He'd stopped to take care of "another quick one"............ on the way to his retirement party.

HCM
03-29-2021, 02:41 PM
After extensive life-saving efforts conducted by the Baylor Scott and White medical professionals, it has been determined that Trooper Chad Walker no longer displays signs of viable brain activity and he remains on life-support until he can share the gift of life as an organ donor. This final sacrifice embodies Trooper Walker’s actions throughout his life and service as a Texas Highway Patrol Trooper. The Walker family is grateful for the continued support and prayers as they remain at Chad’s side.

CWM11B
03-29-2021, 04:03 PM
Dammit. We are diminished

TGS
03-29-2021, 06:26 PM
gut punch.