PDA

View Full Version : 15 minutes of reloading

SecondsCount
03-21-2021, 09:31 PM
I've had a bit of a busy schedule lately and haven't been able to get much reloading done, so I am going to try something to get me motivated- 15 minutes of reloading per day.

Today I started on a batch of 40 223 PMC cases that are going to be loaded with 62 grain Hornady BTHP bullets.

Since these have been fired at least twice, I started off with annealing-

Next up was an hour of tumbling, a couple shots of my homemade spray lube, and then sized them all.

Next up is primer and powder.

SecondsCount
03-28-2021, 11:49 PM
A week has passed and although I missed a couple days, I did finish the 40 rounds and took them to the range.

Today I scrounged together another 10 pieces of PMC brass, annealed it, then sized and trimmed. This took me about 30 minutes this evening.

Hambo
03-29-2021, 06:18 AM
Your plan is a good one. I've only got about 30 minutes of patience for reloading, maybe less for case trimming, etc. So rather than slog along trimming, deburring, priming, etc in one evening, I do it in stages.

CCT125US
03-29-2021, 07:40 AM
A week has passed and although I missed a couple days, I did finish the 40 rounds and took them to the range.

Today I scrounged together another 10 pieces of PMC brass, annealed it, then sized and trimmed. This took me about 30 minutes this evening.

Please define scrounge.

SecondsCount
03-30-2021, 10:39 PM
Please define scrounge.

It means I dug through a big bucket of brass to find enough to make a batch of 50 :cool:

CCT125US
03-31-2021, 08:45 AM
It means I dug through a big bucket of brass to find enough to make a batch of 50 :cool:

If you're having a hard time finding brass, I was considering putting some out in the Karma section.

It would be mix of head stamps 223/5.56 with crimped pockets.

Let me know via PM

SecondsCount
03-31-2021, 08:50 AM
If you're having a hard time finding brass, I was considering putting some out in the Karma section.

It would be mix of head stamps 223/5.56 with crimped pockets.

Let me know via PM

That is a great offer but I have no issues with finding brass. I'm just sorting through a bunch and starting to sort by headstamp.

SecondsCount
04-03-2021, 12:37 AM
I had to travel for a few days so tonight I made up for it. Spent an hour doing some load bench organization, tuned up the new Timney Calvin Elite, and started putting powder in the cases.

AzShooter
04-03-2021, 03:31 AM
What kind of press are you using? I'd go crazy if it took me that long to load 50 rounds although that's what I did when I first started reloading. I'd at least invest in a turret press.

Over the years I've gone up to Dillon presses and now load on a 650 with case and bullet feeder. I load 800 rounds an hour. I'm a competitive shooting and require that kind of speed.

SecondsCount
04-03-2021, 07:45 PM
What kind of press are you using? I'd go crazy if it took me that long to load 50 rounds although that's what I did when I first started reloading. I'd at least invest in a turret press.

Over the years I've gone up to Dillon presses and now load on a 650 with case and bullet feeder. I load 800 rounds an hour. I'm a competitive shooting and require that kind of speed.

I've got the 650, and can load buckets of ammo on it, but this was match grade rifle ammo.

This batch I sized on my Co-Ax and primed, powder, and seated on my 550. Every powder charge was weighed.

Wind wasn't totally cooperating but I got some good 5-shot groups in