PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on gen 4 G-34

digiadaamore
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Ok guys ive been thinking hard about picking up a g34 recently, and i noticed there hasnt been much talk of gen4 issue with the g34. did it escape the problems? or is it just that its a much smaller production gun with less exposure than the 17 and 19?

JHC
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Not too many in circulation is probably part of it. Glock released it in Europe then recalled it and delayed release stateside for many months. I've seen a few users post up here and there and don't recall much in the way of complaints. I shot about 150 rounds through a Gen 4 G35 and it was outstanding with light recoil and great accuracy.

Sparks2112
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I recently put about 4k rounds through one and couldn't make it have a problem, and I was trying to induce malfunctions.

JV_
07-10-2012, 06:55 PM
PF member Chris Rhines (http://pistol-forum.com/member.php?47-Chris-Rhines) has one, he had issues with the recoil spring binding - with the slide in the rearward position. I don't recall how often it was happening. It was right at the time I was itching for a new gun and was considering buying one, I opted to pass.

MEH
07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I've got one. Has about 600 rounds through it. No problems so far but it's still early.

SGT_Calle
07-11-2012, 05:51 AM
I want to pick up a G34 as well, glad you started this thread.

Prdator
07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
I have two of them, well acutaly one now as I traded one for a Rocola M1 carbine.;)

I have several thosand rounds though both of them and they are fine, I dont remember a single problem. I put the new ejector and springs and made sure the extractor was "loose" and like I said they are fine. They are the softest shooting 9mm I have EVER shot and I was able to turn in several sub 5sec FAST runs with them. Ive gone back to the Gen4 G35 as I shoot it better than Anthing so far. If I wanted a long slide 9mm the gen 4 34 is the only one I would buy.

JHC
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I have two of them, well acutaly one now as I traded one for a Rocola M1 carbine.;)

I have several thosand rounds though both of them and they are fine, I dont remember a single problem. I put the new ejector and springs and made sure the extractor was "loose" and like I said they are fine. They are the softest shooting 9mm I have EVER shot and I was able to turn in several sub 5sec FAST runs with them. Ive gone back to the Gen4 G35 as I shoot it better than Anthing so far. If I wanted a long slide 9mm the gen 4 34 is the only one I would buy.

My .40 shooting is limited to approx 1K rds through a G27 had in the '90s, 50 rds through a Gen 4 G23 and about 150 rds in a Gen 4 G35. Is it fair or even remotely sane for me to describe the Gen 4 G35 as handling nearly as flat in drills as Glock 9mm's - very nearly so? That's my impression but I second gues it wondering if it was just the "first time" enthusiasm thing.

Gary1911A1
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
PF member Chris Rhines (http://pistol-forum.com/member.php?47-Chris-Rhines) has one, he had issues with the recoil spring binding - with the slide in the rearward position. I don't recall how often it was happening. It was right at the time I was itching for a new gun and was considering buying one, I opted to pass.

This would suggest the slides on Gen 4 Glocks are different than Gen 3 Glocks and may be what is causing the inconsistent ejecting of fired cases.:confused:

Chris Rhines
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Just to expand on this a little bit, I had one instance of my G34 slide binding at the extreme rearward limit. The malfunction occurred within the first thousand rounds or so, and never repeated itself. Honestly, I'd forgotten about it until this thread.

Other than that, I've had three malfunctions in ~8000 rounds, one of which was the result of a bad cartridge.

Overall, I love the gun. It's very accurate with a variety of loads, it's a very soft shooter, and the ergonomics are agreeable.

-C

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

digiadaamore
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Just to expand on this a little bit, I had one instance of my G34 slide binding at the extreme rearward limit. The malfunction occurred within the first thousand rounds or so, and never repeated itself. Honestly, I'd forgotten about it until this thread.

Other than that, I've had three malfunctions in ~8000 rounds, one of which was the result of a bad cartridge.

Overall, I love the gun. It's very accurate with a variety of loads, it's a very soft shooter, and the ergonomics are agreeable.

-C

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

have you, or anyone else, shot a gen 3 also? could anyone compare them

DakPara
07-12-2012, 01:02 AM
The Glock shooting team has moved to the GEN4 G34 now. And they frequently win.

Prdator
07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
My .40 shooting is limited to approx 1K rds through a G27 had in the '90s, 50 rds through a Gen 4 G23 and about 150 rds in a Gen 4 G35. Is it fair or even remotely sane for me to describe the Gen 4 G35 as handling nearly as flat in drills as Glock 9mm's - very nearly so? That's my impression but I second gues it wondering if it was just the "first time" enthusiasm thing.

IMHO the gen4 G35 is like shooting a gen3 G34 but Im Way more accurate with the G35. Im not at all sure why but I can make shots with the G35 that I can not make with the G34, this includes slow fire and shooting at speed its the only gun I've used that got me five in row sub 5 sec FAST's

JHC
07-12-2012, 08:19 AM
IMHO the gen4 G35 is like shooting a gen3 G34 but Im Way more accurate with the G35. Im not at all sure why but I can make shots with the G35 that I can not make with the G34, this includes slow fire and shooting at speed its the only gun I've used that got me five in row sub 5 sec FAST's

OK, I may be crazy but it's not just me. ;) This was a used gun I had a chance to shoot. If they hadn't still had it priced well over $500 I might have been tempted. http://www.flickr.com/photos/78036189@N07/6852252226/in/photostream