PDA

View Full Version : Justin Dyal Handgun Instructor 'Trainer's Turbo', Vortex Edge (WI) 18-19 June

JDNC
03-14-2021, 10:35 AM
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trainers-turbo-instructor-and-training-development-tickets-145295178791

Vortex Edge will be hosting me June 18-19th for a handgun instructor & training development event I am calling ‘Trainer’s Turbo’. The course is a mix of live fire work and classroom seminars exploring the difference between good and great shooters and instructors. We will go into training concepts, technical aspects of shooting, and instructional approaches designed to take proven, experienced instructors and give them additional contexts and tools to succeed. I am genuinely and thoroughly excited to be able to offer this class; anyone who has served or trained with me or read my articles over the years knows that training is a topic that I am animated about.

Course will cover topics such as:

Capabilities based differences among shooters by experience and approaches/best practices by skill level
Tailoring drills and standards by skill level and intent
Student learning styles, motivation, and communication
Training ‘pressure points’ to accelerate performance
Filters for evaluating new and alternative methods, concepts, and equipment
Adult learners as shooters; problems and solutions
High performance coaching
Skills development over time
Cognitive biases in the training environment
Performance hacks and common pitfalls by action and platform type.

Course cost is $460 and round count will be approximately 600 rounds. Time will be split each day between the range and classroom. Most students will themselves be experienced instructors from a variety of backgrounds. However, serious students of the gun who are interested in the material for their own development are welcome. Hope to see some of you there. // Justin