PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good solution to mounting an RMR or RMRcc on a Glock 43X or Glock 48 yet?

KevH
03-08-2021, 01:09 PM
Is there a good solution to mounting an RMR or RMRcc on a Glock 43X or Glock 48 yet and keep backup irons behind the optic?

I see Suarez offers an adapter to mount a standard RMR. Since he's the only one doing it I'm guessing it isn't a great solution.

TC215
03-08-2021, 04:14 PM
I posted this in another thread:

JagerWerks and BattleWerx will only mill for the RMRcc on slimline Glocks with rear sight in front of the optic, or no rear sight at all. Same with Maple Leaf:

Due to the dimensions of the drop safety mechanism, it is not possible to put the RMRcc optic cut in front of the rear iron sight dovetail on a Glock 43/43X/48 slide. Doing so would compromise the drop safety mechanism.

GhostDog
03-09-2021, 08:45 AM
I have 2 Glock slides done by Suarez. They mill the slide and install their Narrow Slide Adaptor (NSA) plate to mount the rds (rmr in my case). The NSA does two things: it covers the drop safety channel while maintaining the original channel dimensions and it fully supports the rds.
The rds is slightly higher than a direct mount (like it would be on a larger pistol), but lower than an MOS slide. Co-witness irons are suppressor height.
The system works great and is durable (I've been shooting these for a year) on my G43x.
The rmr is slightly wider than the slide which may explain why more people aren't doing it. IMHO this is not an issue and is not noticeable in use.
BTW: I don't work for Suarez nor do I profit in any way from passing this along.