PDA

View Full Version : Milling P226 for ACRO?

Sero Sed Serio
02-17-2021, 11:32 PM
1) Any reason that an older SIG P226 (short extractor) can’t be milled to accept an Aimpoint ACRO?

2) Assuming it’s possible, is there anyone who is offering the service? I’m not seeing anything obvious from the usual suspects.

Default.mp3
02-18-2021, 01:45 AM
Ask @Mark Housel (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=1685) at L&M Precision. He did all of the RMRs for a good friend of mine (P226 and P229 Legions, IIRC, but definitely some version of the P226s), and I don't see why an ACRO couldn't be done, if he was able to do it for my P30LSes.

Sero Sed Serio
02-18-2021, 09:55 AM
Ask @Mark Housel (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=1685) at L&M Precision. He did all of the RMRs for a good friend of mine (P226 and P229 Legions, IIRC, but definitely some version of the P226s), and I don't see why an ACRO couldn't be done, if he was able to do it for my P30LSes.

Sent Mark Housel an online inquiry last night, already received a reply; he doesn't currently have a design, and thinks that the ACRO might be too long for BUIS. He did say that he thought a 509T would probably fit, and said he's going to do some checking once he gets to the shop.

taadski
02-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Mark is great to deal with. He'll definitely steer you right. He has done a number of mill jobs for me, to include the first ever 226 RMR install he'd done on a classic series Sig. It was an experiment at the time that was completely successful. I carry and shoot that sllde to this day, 20k rounds later.

Sero Sed Serio
02-18-2021, 12:58 PM
Mark is great to deal with. He'll definitely steer you right. He has done a number of mill jobs for me, to include the first ever 226 RMR install he'd done on a classic series Sig. It was an experiment at the time that was completely successful. I carry and shoot that sllde to this day, 20k rounds later.

Mark has been great so far, and apparently the P226/ACRO combo does work: he sent me this pic from a previous project shortly after his first e-mail:

Add another project to the works...