PDA

View Full Version : HiTS High Accountability Pistol Workshop; 03/14/2021; Dallas

Wayne Dobbs
02-13-2021, 12:38 PM
Hardwired Tactical Shooting will be offering a one day special class devoted to problem solving and discretionary high accountability shooting. This class will be extremely low round count and will be heavily focused on when not to shoot. Use of Force problem solving and gun handling will be a far bigger focus than shooting. We plan on putting students through various drills and scenarios to challenge them on thinking while using a firearm in a lethal force encounter. To keep round counts low, much of the class will involve students being put through drills and scenarios with fellow students watching and providing critiques and input. This will allow for a lot of time to be dedicated to identifying specific problems we see in lethal force level confrontations and options for effectively handling those situations in a moral, legal and ethical manner. This class will also focus on both proper escalation as well as de-escalation and appropriate application of force or lethal force and the critical differences between the two.

Round count under 200 rounds.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/high-accountability-pistol-workshop-tickets-141524761371

GyroF-16
02-13-2021, 12:42 PM
This sounds like really good stuff...
If I can keep my schedule clear that weekend, I’ll plan to attend.

ETA - ok, schedule confirmed and I’m now registered.
Any of the other “usual suspects” going to come?

revchuck38
02-13-2021, 01:04 PM

Dammit, no. :( This is right before my "mad month of training" and my budget is shot with three classes in a five-week period. Hopefully, it'll be offered again.

RJ
02-13-2021, 02:09 PM
Would love to attend if I was local.

However, I doubt Wayne would like to try and teach me me twice in a month; I'm am going to Tac Con '21 in Dallas, and he will have to put up with me on Friday afternoon 3/26 as it is. :)

MVS
02-13-2021, 02:38 PM
Saw this on FB. If I was anywhere close I would love to attend. I tell you what, they are practically giving it away for that level of instruction.

SeriousStudent
02-13-2021, 04:23 PM
This sounds like really good stuff...
If I can keep my schedule clear that weekend, I’ll plan to attend.

ETA - ok, schedule confirmed and I’m now registered.

Guilty as charged, your Honor.

David S.
02-13-2021, 09:47 PM
I'll be there if I can manage a day pass.

deputyG23
02-13-2021, 11:13 PM
Wish I was closer to Dallas...

ST911
02-14-2021, 12:54 AM
Guilty as charged, your Honor.

I'll be there if I can manage a day pass.

Shall we Hard Eight?

SeriousStudent
02-14-2021, 12:14 PM
Shall we Hard Eight?

Yes. Yes, we shall.

SeriousStudent
02-14-2021, 12:23 PM
Saw this on FB. If I was anywhere close I would love to attend. I tell you what, they are practically giving it away for that level of instruction.

Yeah, it's a pretty hellacious deal.

By the way, I talked with Wayne yesterday, and if all ya got is a rimfire pistol with ammo, bring it.

I'll even make a deal for anyone who is a Site Sponsor here. If you are suffering from the ammo drought, pay the fee and show up. I have a Glock 19 and a Beretta 92 rimfire trainer. I'll loan you a pistol, ammo and carry gear for the class. Git yer ass to Dallas and we'll figure out the rest.

I also have several revolvers. I'm planning on running the class with either a 2" J-frame or a 3" K frame. I doubt that will be a handicap.

This is going to be a really neat class. :)

GyroF-16
02-14-2021, 12:24 PM
Yes. Yes, we shall.

Indeed. Harrumph for BBQ at The Hard Eight.
And shooting and training with good dudes. (And dudettes, if Melony will be there).

SeriousStudent
02-14-2021, 12:25 PM
Would love to attend if I was local.

However, I doubt Wayne would like to try and teach me me twice in a month; I'm am going to Tac Con '21 in Dallas, and he will have to put up with me on Friday afternoon 3/26 as it is. :)

Rich, he can manage.

And I'll likely be the RSO at that session. I'll keep bad people away from you. :cool:

revchuck38
02-14-2021, 12:36 PM
<checks piggy bank...>

Dammit, forum software, that’s more than four characters!

Cecil Burch
02-14-2021, 02:23 PM
Great idea and sorely needed. And few instructors are better able to teach it than Wayne and Darryl.

Wayne Dobbs
02-14-2021, 04:30 PM
I will have a Glock 44 for anybody who wants to use it during the class. Just tell me if you want to use it!

David S.
02-14-2021, 06:53 PM
I will have a Glock 44 for anybody who wants to use it during the class. Just tell me if you want to use it!

Experience or proficiency prerequisites for the class?

Expected round count?

Guerrero
02-14-2021, 06:58 PM
Round count under 200 rounds.

Expected round count?

Reading comprehension as a prerequisite?

(I kid! I kid!)

David S.
02-14-2021, 07:52 PM
Reading comprehension as a prerequisite?

(I kid! I kid!)

Reading is hard. :D

I read the Eventbrite announcement yesterday so I didn’t bother to read the OP. That’s what I get. :rolleyes:

Sauer Koch
02-14-2021, 07:59 PM
I'm registered.

I trained with Wayne here in NOLA at TacCon, and my wife and I drove up to train privately with Darryl & Melanie back in Nov '19, but I've never attended one of their joint classes, so I'm really looking forward to this one! The Hard Eight is amazing, and I'm excited for round 2!

Wayne Dobbs
02-15-2021, 12:33 PM

Expected round count?

Safe handling skills to include holster work; <200 rounds with .22 LR being acceptable.

David S.
02-15-2021, 02:22 PM
In case y’all didn’t make the connection, the Confined Spaces class with Caleb Causey (Lone Star Medics) and Jackdog is the same weekend.
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?46228-Confined-Space-Skills-Seated-Shooting-amp-amp-Medical-Dallas-Ft-Worth-March-13-2021Qq

Jackdog
02-15-2021, 02:44 PM
In case y’all didn’t make the connection, the Confined Spaces class with Caleb Causey (Lone Star Medics) and Jackdog is the same weekend.
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?46228-Confined-Space-Skills-Seated-Shooting-amp-amp-Medical-Dallas-Ft-Worth-March-13-2021Qq

Yes it’s the same weekend. Our class is on Saturday and The HiTS class is on Sunday. Wayne and Darryl worked it out so the classes were not on the same day. Much appreciated!So, now you can take both classes and not have to choose one over the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revchuck38
02-17-2021, 09:58 AM
Would Hard 8 be the night before or the night of the class? Trying to make this work...

ST911
02-17-2021, 10:05 AM
Would Hard 8 be the night before or the night of the class? Trying to make this work...

dontshakepandas
02-18-2021, 10:38 AM
Wayne Dobbs Any issue with appendix carry for this class?

I'm won't know for sure that I can make it until the end of the month, but its looking like I can.

Wayne Dobbs
02-18-2021, 10:44 AM
Wayne Dobbs Any issue with appendix carry for this class?

I'm won't know for sure that I can make it until the end of the month, but its looking like I can.

AIWB will be GTG as long as we see excellent safety practices using same. If we see issues with it, the shooter must default to standard OWB/IWB hip carry.

revchuck38
02-18-2021, 09:50 PM
I'm registered. I'll be there with a 4" S&W revolver. The caliber might start with a 4. It might be nickel.

GyroF-16
02-19-2021, 12:05 AM
I'm registered. I'll be there with a 4" S&W revolver. The caliber might start with a 4. It might be nickel.

Nice.

I’m thinking BD will want to fondle it.

David S.
02-19-2021, 01:35 PM
Registered

dontshakepandas
02-19-2021, 01:51 PM
I'm in. Just registered.

David S.
02-19-2021, 05:00 PM
And it’s sold out.

Sounds like a PF family reunion.

dontshakepandas
02-19-2021, 05:22 PM
And it’s sold out.

Sounds like a PF family reunion.

Dang, really glad I went ahead and registered. I was going to wait until the 1st since I had already spent all of my "fun money" this month.

McD
02-20-2021, 12:56 PM
And, I saw this too late. Darn it!!

Sauer Koch
02-22-2021, 09:46 AM
Will the official class dinner be planned for Saturday night, or Sunday?

revchuck38
02-22-2021, 10:45 AM
Wayne Dobbs - Will we have time to go out to lunch or do we need to bring it with us?

Wayne Dobbs
02-22-2021, 01:36 PM
Wayne Dobbs - Will we have time to go out to lunch or do we need to bring it with us?

We will take a lunch break.

David S.
02-22-2021, 01:41 PM
There are several restaurants within 5 minutes of the range.

revchuck38
03-10-2021, 03:10 PM
Shall we Hard Eight?

Yes. Yes, we shall.

Jackdog

If a decision hasn't been made as to which day we'll do this, I recommend we do it on Saturday night. That would give those of us who aren't doing both days of training a chance to hobnob with everybody.

Be advised that I'm a non-Dallas guy, and am aware that a Saturday night might be the absolute worst evening to try to shoehorn in an extra 15-20 people. Feel free to shoot this idea down. :)

Cecil Burch
03-10-2021, 05:08 PM
Jackdog

If a decision hasn't been made as to which day we'll do this, I recommend we do it on Saturday night. That would give those of us who aren't doing both days of training a chance to hobnob with everybody.

Be advised that I'm a non-Dallas guy, and am aware that a Saturday night might be the absolute worst evening to try to shoehorn in an extra 15-20 people. Feel free to shoot this idea down. :)

The only thing I will mention is that after doing a number of student dinners at Hard8 on Sat night over the years, it is hard to get everyone seated together. Their is set distance between mounted seats. I think the biggest tables only seat 8-10 (?). I love Hard8, but conversation with a large group and the fellowship of it is a tad difficult. At my last course there in January, we ended up going instead to a solid Mexican restaurant, and they were cool about letting us move tables together so we could sit at the same one, and they did not chase us out. They were actually closing and cleaning up and they left us to keep talking. We got up and left as soon as we realized they were closed, but they did not say anything, which is nice when you are wanting to hang out as a group.

revchuck38
03-10-2021, 05:18 PM
The only thing I will mention is that after doing a number of student dinners at Hard8 on Sat night over the years, it is hard to get everyone seated together. Their is set distance between mounted seats. I think the biggest tables only seat 8-10 (?). I love Hard8, but conversation with a large group and the fellowship of it is a tad difficult. At my last course there in January, we ended up going instead to a solid Mexican restaurant, and they were cool about letting us move tables together so we could sit at the same one, and they did not chase us out. They were actually closing and cleaning up and they left us to keep talking. We got up and left as soon as we realized they were closed, but they did not say anything, which is nice when you are wanting to hang out as a group.

Excellent point! I've got to eat both nights; one of them will be at Hard 8 even if it means going solo. :) Getting me to eat good Mexican food requires no arm-twisting.

Jackdog
03-10-2021, 05:21 PM
Jackdog

We will do a class dinner on Saturday. We will take a poll to see what restaurant the class wants to go to.

ST911
03-10-2021, 07:27 PM
I defer to you locals on the best op plan, and grant Serious my proxy vote. Looking forward primarily to the fellowship, I trust all will be GTG.

GyroF-16
03-10-2021, 07:34 PM
I second ST911 ‘s sentiment. I’ll be in Dallas both nights, will need to eat, and will relish the fellowship.
SeriousStudent et al - make your best call, and let us out-of-towners know what the plan is.
I’ll be there.

revchuck38
03-10-2021, 07:43 PM
I defer to you locals on the best op plan, and grant Serious my proxy vote. Looking forward primarily to the fellowship, I trust all will be GTG.

I second ST911 ‘s sentiment. I’ll be in Dallas both nights, will need to eat, and will relish the fellowship.
SeriousStudent et al - make your best call, and let us out-of-towners know what the plan is.
I’ll be there.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

David S.
03-11-2021, 09:39 AM
Wayne Dobbs

In the context of the class, are shooters best served shooting from duty/edc, range gear, or does it matter?
What’s y’all’s recommendation?

GyroF-16
03-11-2021, 10:25 AM
Wayne Dobbs

In the context of the class, are shooters best served shooting from duty/edc, range gear, or does it matter?

I’m bringing a duty and an IWB concealment holster, FWIW.
So I’ll defeating retention or drawing from strong-side IWB, so not competition-fast either way.
But very real-wold for my daily life.

Wayne Dobbs
03-11-2021, 11:03 AM
Wayne Dobbs

EDC/Duty

SeriousStudent
03-11-2021, 03:48 PM
I second @ST911 (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=4950) ‘s sentiment. I’ll be in Dallas both nights, will need to eat, and will relish the fellowship.
@SeriousStudent (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=3020) et al - make your best call, and let us out-of-towners know what the plan is.
I’ll be there.

I talked with Guy last night. In the spirit of inter-tribal cooperation, how about a joint dinner on Saturday night?

We can have all the cool kids from the Confined Spaces class on Saturday, meet up with the cool kids from the HiTS Sunday class.

Location to be decided, sometime between 6:30 PM and 7 PM CST. We'll be cleaning up the range Saturday afternoon and doing a hot wash before we leave. That way the range is sparkling and ready to go Sunday morning for the HiTS class. :)

SeriousStudent
03-11-2021, 03:52 PM

The Professor has a great point (as always). It never hurts my feelings to eat Mexican food, and it may actually be easier to set up a reservation for a party of 20. I'll do some digging into the local spots.

Babe's Fried Chicken Shack would also be awesome, but a tough place to get 20 people into at 7 pm on Saturday.

I'll do some surfing and calling.

revchuck38
03-11-2021, 03:56 PM
Sounds good! And I'm bringing rain gear this time. :)

Cecil Burch
03-11-2021, 07:31 PM
The Professor has a great point (as always). It never hurts my feelings to eat Mexican food, and it may actually be easier to set up a reservation for a party of 20. I'll do some digging into the local spots.

Babe's Fried Chicken Shack would also be awesome, but a tough place to get 20 people into at 7 pm on Saturday.

I'll do some surfing and calling.

Babe's is phenomenal. Jackdog can confirm that I always have the Sophie's Choice there of the fried chicken of the chicken fried steak. But I concur about it being even tougher on a Saturday night to get a large party into. Plus, the parking at the one closest to the range sucks balls.

Sauer Koch
03-12-2021, 08:45 AM
I had to bow out yesterday, due to my wife having a last minute outpatient procedure this morning, due to an ongoing health issue. I know it will be an amazing class. It would have been nice to meet so many PF alumni...maybe next time.

Enjoy, and I look forward to reading about it.

revchuck38
03-12-2021, 09:21 AM
Sauer Koch - Bummer, I was looking forward to meeting you! Hope all goes well with your wife!

Sauer Koch
03-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Sauer Koch - Bummer, I was looking forward to meeting you! Hope all goes well with your wife!

Likewise, and thank you.

SeriousStudent
03-12-2021, 11:03 AM
How about this place? Several of us have eaten there and found it to be excellent. They are large enough to hold us.

El Rincon - Mexican Restaurant Carrollton | El Rincon | Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar (elrincontx.com) (https://www.elrincontx.com/carrollton/)

Here is the location we can go to - it's a five minute drive from the DPC Range, and very easy to find.

Post in this thread if you want to attend the dinner on Saturday, and I'll reach out and make a reservation for the appropriate number of people for 6:30 PM CST ion Saturday night, March 13.

revchuck38
03-12-2021, 11:16 AM
At El Rincon, they're walkin' them low...:) (obscure Beach Boys reference)

I'm in!

k_dub
03-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Count me in as well. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

SeriousStudent, Wayne Dobbs - as a member of DPC, I would be more than happy to help out with anything you need preparing for Sunday such as cleaning up from Saturday's class. Just let me know and I can stop by before dinner.

SeriousStudent
03-12-2021, 11:52 PM
Count me in as well. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

@SeriousStudent (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=3020), @Wayne Dobbs (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=234) - as a member of DPC, I would be more than happy to help out with anything you need preparing for Sunday such as cleaning up from Saturday's class. Just let me know and I can stop by before dinner.

Gosh, that is very kind of you! I really do appreciate it. Jackdog- what do you think?

I think we will be able to handle the cleanup. Not attempting to speak for the instructors by any means. But with the smallish number of rounds fired, I think we should be able to do that.

I'm bringing a big broom and two big steel dustpans both days. We should be able to knock it out pretty quick.

But a gracious offer is always appreciated. I hope we can shoot together at DPC sometime. I am really stoked about this weekend. :)

Jackdog
03-12-2021, 11:55 PM
Gosh, that is very kind of you! I really do appreciate it. Jackdog- what do you think?

I think we will be able to handle the cleanup. Not attempting to speak for the instructors by any means. But with the smallish number of rounds fired, I think we should be able to do that.

I'm bringing a big broom and two big steel dustpans both days. We should be able to knock it out pretty quick.

But a gracious offer is always appreciated. I hope we can shoot together at DPC sometime. I am really stoked about this weekend. :)

All help will be appreciated. But we have a small class as SeriousStudent says and it will be an easy clean up. Please stop by for a meet and greet!

SeriousStudent
03-12-2021, 11:56 PM
At El Rincon, they're walkin' them low...:) (obscure Beach Boys reference)

I'm in!

ST911 and I did a careful site survey tonight. I am happy to report that El Rincon is open and available.

We went to Babe's across the street to do quality checks on the chicken-fried steak tonight. I can happily report that it is really up to P-F standards. :)

Sunday night we are going to hit up Bonchon Korean Fried Chicken. Another site survey prior to Cecil Burch and the rest of the Shivworks Cartel is a must. We take our hospitality duties for our fellow shooters very seriously.

Tac-Con is only two weeks away, folks!!!

SeriousStudent
03-12-2021, 11:57 PM
All help will be appreciated. But we have a small class as @SeriousStudent (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=3020) says and it will be an easy clean up. Please stop by for a meet and greet!

Agreed, it would be great to meet up and chat. :)

GyroF-16
03-13-2021, 12:49 AM
How about this place? Several of us have eaten there and found it to be excellent. They are large enough to hold us.

El Rincon - Mexican Restaurant Carrollton | El Rincon | Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar (elrincontx.com) (https://www.elrincontx.com/carrollton/)

Here is the location we can go to - it's a five minute drive from the DPC Range, and very easy to find.

Post in this thread if you want to attend the dinner on Saturday, and I'll reach out and make a reservation for the appropriate number of people for 6:30 PM CST ion Saturday night, March 13.

I’m in for El Rincon on Saturday. See you there!

Sauer Koch
03-26-2021, 12:59 PM

Hey, did you get my PM? I sent it last week.

revchuck38
03-26-2021, 01:05 PM
Hey, did you get my PM? I sent it last week.

Yes! Between being busy and my geezer memory I never got back to you, 100% my fault. :( I'll reply tonight.

Sauer Koch
03-26-2021, 01:42 PM
Great, just checking. :)