PDA

View Full Version : PMAGs are in stock and still at normal price

LittleLebowski
02-12-2021, 07:41 AM
At Palmetto. Don’t make me say “I told you so” in a few months.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/magpul-pmag-30-5-56x45-magazine-mag571-blk.html

rdtompki
02-12-2021, 08:14 AM
Also at Primary Arms (https://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=pmag), but I'm not sure about the Gen 3 with windows. I now have a large stock of Endomags, but not rifle caliber uppers; I'm going to fix that.

WobblyPossum
02-12-2021, 08:36 AM
DSG Arms has non-window Gen3 Pmags in Medium Coyote Tan for $54 ($10.80 each) right now if you order a 5 pack. The windowed ones are slightly more expensive. I just ordered 5 of the regular kind.

Mjolnir
02-12-2021, 08:51 AM
It would be wise for folks close to each other to pitch in for one hundred mags. See if anyone will cut you a deal.

$10.80 each is an AWESOME price, btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WobblyPossum
02-12-2021, 09:07 AM
It would be wise for folks close to each other to pitch in for one hundred mags. See if anyone will cut you a deal.

$10.80 each is an AWESOME price, btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crazy thing is that the 5 pack has been $54 for at least the last six months. I remember seeing it in an email a while ago and opening a tab I’ve kept open for the next time I needed to order something. I’d check periodically and the 5 pack would go out of stock. A few weeks later it would be back at the same price. This morning I decided to back order a Radian Raptor SD because it was recommended to me here to reduce gas to the face when shooting suppressed. I just threw the 5 pack of mags in so I could feel better about paying for shipping.

Also, ignore what I said about the windowed versions being only slightly more expensive. They’re pretty much normal price ($85/5 pack), which makes the price on the non-windowed 5 pack look even better.

blues
02-12-2021, 09:40 AM
I bought some 10's and 20's over the past year to round out the 30's...just in case.

hufnagel
02-12-2021, 10:06 AM
California 10+ Round Magazine Buyers: PSA values your freedom and constitutional rights above all else. However, PSA will not accept new orders nor will ship any order until the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals mandate becomes finalized. Once this mandate is finalized, we will start accepting new orders and ship 10+ round magazines to California Customers.

I guess I can't fault them for that.

Guerrero
02-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Botach has 6-packs of Lancers for a decent price

https://botach.com/lancer-5-56mm-30rd-translucent-smoke-magazines-6-pack/

RancidSumo
02-12-2021, 12:18 PM
We've talked about it in other threads but I was stocking upon these earlier in the year (this is the first dangerous time for gun rights since I've had money) and after getting up close to 50, I finally realized I was stockpiling mags for a gun I shoot 1/10th as much as I shoot my pistols. Switched to Glock mag hoarding.

For those that still need AR mags, my usual source (https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/magpul-pmag-m3-30-magazines.html) still has Gen 3 PMAGS in stock for $12.49 (after logging in and adding to cart). Sadly, they are now sold out of Surefeeds.

hufnagel
02-12-2021, 12:35 PM
I kinda wonder... where are people in their mag counts, roughly. I mean, are you all Clint @ Thunder Ranch 1000 mags (https://youtu.be/5J3Jm8HbHKU), or closer to someone I know who has 3 MTM .50 cans filled with loaded mags, one for each of the 3 primary "family" rifles, 7-mag pistol pouches with loaded mags for each of the primary (re: carry capable) hand guns.

Basically, what are people's thought processes for deciding what they personally think is "enough" for their needs.

* don't get it wrong; I love Clint, I think that video is on point, and I have no beef with someone with 10/100/100/10,000 loaded mags.

LHS
02-12-2021, 12:51 PM
Big Tex has a bunch as well. I'm already pretty well stocked for AR mags, but I made a point to buy some AK PMags to replace the hodgepodge of combloc steel and bakelite mags I'd been using off-and-on for years.

Nephrology
02-13-2021, 05:03 PM
I kinda wonder... where are people in their mag counts, roughly. I mean, are you all Clint @ Thunder Ranch 1000 mags (https://youtu.be/5J3Jm8HbHKU), or closer to someone I know who has 3 MTM .50 cans filled with loaded mags, one for each of the 3 primary "family" rifles, 7-mag pistol pouches with loaded mags for each of the primary (re: carry capable) hand guns.

Basically, what are people's thought processes for deciding what they personally think is "enough" for their needs.

* don't get it wrong; I love Clint, I think that video is on point, and I have no beef with someone with 10/100/100/10,000 loaded mags.

I loaded up basically all of my defensive/soft point 223/5.56 into magazines at some point during the pandemic (maybe before I moved to my new place). Didn't have a huge stock so its maybe a dozen or so, mix of 20s and 30s.

I do have a lot of unloaded mags tucked away. I think 140 ish at last count, mostly 30s, a few dozen 20s and a small mix of 10s/15s. I may yet need more, though resupplying is a bit more, uh, legally challenging in my state.

blues
02-13-2021, 05:18 PM
I do have a lot of unloaded mags tucked away. I think 140 ish at last count, mostly 30s, a few dozen 20s and a small mix of 10s/15s. I may yet need more, though resupplying is a bit more, uh, legally challenging in my state.

https://www.washingtoncenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/home-alone-just-face.jpg

Nephrology
02-13-2021, 05:19 PM
https://www.washingtoncenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/home-alone-just-face.jpg

I know, it's a pretty light stash.

HCM
02-13-2021, 06:36 PM

My thought processes are that mags are consumable /expendable items so while you may only use say, 6 -12 at any one time, you want at least 10x that or more depending on how old you are for a lifetime supply.

texasaggie2005
02-13-2021, 06:48 PM
Probably in the minority, but I don't have a prepper's dream stash.

For my Glocks & ARs, per individual gun;
5x vetted "go to war" mags, minimal use.
10x high use training mags.
20x new in wrapper.

rcbusmc24
02-13-2021, 07:05 PM
1 don't actually know how many AR mags I own.... There are multiple milk crates and wooden grenade crates full of them stacked up in my gun room.

pangloss
02-14-2021, 01:36 AM
I don't know how many mags I own either. I need to buy a few more. I'm to the point of trying to get a couple or three standard cap mags for pistols I might own someday (P07, G21, 92 compact, CZ75 compact, etc), but I still feel a strong compulsion to buy more Glock and AR mags. I go years at a time without shooting an AR, so I know I'm not being rational about the AR mags.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Default.mp3
02-14-2021, 01:58 AM
TargetSportsUSA semi-regularly gets shipments of PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3 Windows in MCT for 12.99 USD each, which is better than any other place I've seen (particularly with the free shipping from my Prime account).

Also good if you have Prime and have free shipping is their .50 cal ammo cans, factory new for <15 USD (.30 cal is <14 USD).

Darth_Uno
02-14-2021, 09:44 AM
I’ve got about 30 AR mags in action and 40 in the wrapper. A little less for Glock 19/17 mags. Not sure if that’s enough to last the rest of my life (at the rate I shoot AR’s it probably is) but I’m good for quite a while.

I expected a shortage last year which never came, and I’m still preaching to get while the gettin’s good. Don’t be like the people who didn’t load up on ammo last spring. It’s all about Covid and the economy now, but once the Eye of Sauron turns back to guns it’ll be a mad scramble.

Casual Friday
02-14-2021, 02:04 PM
I remember what it was like during the last six years of the 94 AWB. Mags are one thing I don't have to worry running out of, nor do my kids.

If my wife and I weren't able to argue about boxes of mags in the closet, under the bed etc, we'd simply have nothing to argue about. ;)

JRB
02-17-2021, 07:24 PM
If you know exactly how many magazines you have, you probably don't have enough.

Nephrology
02-18-2021, 10:03 AM
If you know exactly how many magazines you have, you probably don't have enough.

Doesn't everyone spread-sheet inventory their magazines :confused:

helothar
02-18-2021, 10:30 AM

I just did that and included magazines for guns id like to own, need to stock up on FAL mags too now

JRB
02-18-2021, 12:16 PM

If you have time to count them all and put them in a spreadsheet, you DEFINITELY don't have enough magazines. :D

hufnagel
02-18-2021, 12:21 PM

... NERD! ... :D

(I resemble that remark as well.)

02-19-2021, 09:19 AM
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, a friend bought some of these and reported that they were Gen 2 mags. If that matters to you.

WobblyPossum
02-19-2021, 09:37 AM
DSG Arms shipped my PMags quickly. The Radian Raptor SD charging handle was back ordered and hasn’t shipped yet. I was billed the $9.50 shipping charge when they invoiced the PMags. I’m hoping when the charging handle ships, I don’t get hit with shipping charges again.

The date code on my PMags is 1/21 so it looks like Magpul is selling/shipping them out as they’re being produced. I doubt any single distributor has a large stockpile right now so if you think you might want some mags, now would be as good a time as any to place an order with whoever has them in stock at a price you can live with. The Medium Coyote Tan color seems a little darker in person than it did in the photos. It doesn’t matter much to me as I have PMags in black, sand, and MCT at this point but I know some people are particular about color matching things.

randyho
02-19-2021, 09:42 AM
Is anyone in NoVa keeping them in stock?

OlongJohnson
02-19-2021, 07:25 PM
...I know some people are particular about color matching things.

I've gone to all black everything on my black rifles because everyone's black is pretty close to the same.

Default.mp3
02-19-2021, 08:50 PM
DSG Arms shipped my PMags quickly. The Radian Raptor SD charging handle was back ordered and hasn’t shipped yet. I was billed the $9.50 shipping charge when they invoiced the PMags. I’m hoping when the charging handle ships, I don’t get hit with shipping charges again.You won't; DSG only charges shipping once.

WobblyPossum
02-19-2021, 10:07 PM
You won't; DSG only charges shipping once.

In that case, anyone looking to buy 30 round AR-15 magazines right now should probably just back order as many of those 5 packs of MCT Gen3 PMags for $54 a piece as they can comfortably afford. They’ll probably come back in stock and ship in another two weeks or so based on how long it’s been taking for them to restock. The only PMag deals I’ve ever seen better than $10.80 Gen3 PMags were a couple of years ago when Palmetto State Armory was basically using Gen2 PMags as packing peanuts and practically any item you ordered would come with 5-10 PMags.

ETA: that probably sounded very advertisement-ish. I have no professional or financial affiliation with DSG Arms except that I occasionally order things from them. I’m just a satisfied customer.

Up1911Fan
02-21-2021, 06:31 PM
I've bought a lot from DSG. Always been satisfied. They have pretty decent Mil/Leo pricing as well.

WobblyPossum
03-10-2021, 11:25 AM
The Gen3 MCT PMag 5-pack is back in stock at DSG for anyone else who still needs a few mags.

Nephrology
03-10-2021, 05:56 PM
DSG is a great outfit. They built 2 of my uppers, both run great. Bought at least one or two scopes from them as well. Fast shipping, no issues.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
03-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Gen 3 Mags I need, but I want to order them with those new Gen 3 MBUS Sights. Supposedly springtime release, is it spring yet? It is down here, lol...

jh9
04-02-2021, 01:23 PM

During the last AWB most people I know simply switched over to 10-round mags for high volume use. Everybody had preban mags. Not many people used them much. Even in the IPSC crowd. IDPA and later on Limited 10 / Production came about for a reason.

Stockpiling sounds good, but in a permanent ban (rather than a 10 year hiatus) how many people are going to be putting a lot of wear and tear on their $100 Glock mags? That stash also might start looking like a mortgage payment after a job loss or a market correction. So at some point, for most people that would rather have thousands of dollars in unrealized gains parked in something other than magazines, they're just going to be TEOTWAWKI fodder. You can have "enough" with a small handful if all they do is sit on the shelf because they're too valuable to flog or the primary venue where they're relevant changes.

I'm not saying don't prep. I'm just saying that we've been down this road and the reality is once those things turn into money, a lot of people are going to find an alternate use for that money that doesn't involve the equivalent of chucking it in a fireplace.

hufnagel
04-02-2021, 09:46 PM
During the last AWB most people I know simply switched over to 10-round mags for high volume use. Everybody had preban mags. Not many people used them much. Even in the IPSC crowd. IDPA and later on Limited 10 / Production came about for a reason.

Stockpiling sounds good, but in a permanent ban (rather than a 10 year hiatus) how many people are going to be putting a lot of wear and tear on their $100 Glock mags? That stash also might start looking like a mortgage payment after a job loss or a market correction. So at some point, for most people that would rather have thousands of dollars in unrealized gains parked in something other than magazines, they're just going to be TEOTWAWKI fodder. You can have "enough" with a small handful if all they do is sit on the shelf because they're too valuable to flog or the primary venue where they're relevant changes.

I'm not saying don't prep. I'm just saying that we've been down this road and the reality is once those things turn into money, a lot of people are going to find an alternate use for that money that doesn't involve the equivalent of chucking it in a fireplace.

Well done to putting words to the noise in my head, that I couldn't decipher myself. The thought that keeps bouncing around at the edge of my brain is, if I plowed through all I had right now, and had no time to reload them, would 1 more really make a difference? If the shit hit the fan that hard, and I were stuck where I am, it's pretty much over anyways.

Casual Friday
04-08-2021, 01:32 PM
The Gen3 MCT PMag 5-pack is back in stock at DSG for anyone else who still needs a few mags.

Back in stock again, I ordered 3 of the 5-packs this morning.

O4L
04-08-2021, 01:34 PM
Back in stock again, I ordered 3 of the 5-packs this morning.Gotta link?

WobblyPossum
04-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Gotta link?

https://dsgarms.com/magazines-kt-mag557-mct-5

Casual Friday
04-08-2021, 02:31 PM
Gotta link?

Sure do! (https://dsgarms.com/magazines-kt-mag557-mct-5)

O4L
04-08-2021, 04:21 PM
https://dsgarms.com/magazines-kt-mag557-mct-5
Sure do! (https://dsgarms.com/magazines-kt-mag557-mct-5)Nice! I wish they had ODG too.

Caballoflaco
04-08-2021, 04:36 PM

The one thing you’re wrong about here is that if a new ban passes resale is also likely to be illegal, so unless you’re comfortable with the black market a lot of people won’t be able to turn them back into money.

Casual Friday
04-12-2021, 02:33 PM
Back in stock again, I ordered 3 of the 5-packs this morning.

Well that was fast, I got home from running errands this morning and they were on my doorstep. Props to DSG for fast processing and shipping.