PDA

View Full Version : Ok to mention?

s0nspark
07-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I looked over the rules and did not see an answer... Is it okay to mention in a thread an item I have for sale on another forum?

Jay Cunningham
07-06-2012, 10:15 AM
I looked over the rules and did not see an answer... Is it okay to mention in the AIWB thread that I have a Shaggy holster for sale on GlockTalk?

I think you just did mention it.

Do you think it's a classy move?

VolGrad
07-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I looked over the rules and did not see an answer... Is it okay to mention in the AIWB thread that I have a Shaggy holster for sale on GlockTalk?

I think what your post did was skirt the "must be a Site Supporter to list things for sale" rule by mentioning it was listed for sale elsewhere.

Al T.
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Low road for sure.

s0nspark
07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I think you just did mention it.

Do you think it's a classy move?

I only mentioned it to be specific about what I am asking.

As for the classiness... I am generally not in favor of doing this but I also realize how hard it is to get this holster and just wanted folks here to be aware of the listing.

In any case, I don't want to make waves which is why I asked first.

s0nspark
07-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Is this not the right place to ask questions like this?

I was not trying to skirt anything or break any rules...

Jay Cunningham
07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Could you have instead posted:

"Is it okay for me to post a link to something I have for sale on a different forum?"

See the difference?

I'm all for the general membership chiming in here, BTW. Just remember no personal attacks.

s0nspark
07-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Could you have instead posted:

"Is it okay for me to post a link to something I have for sale on a different forum?"

See the difference?

I'm all for the general membership chiming in here, BTW. Just remember no personal attacks.

I see your point. As I said I was not trying to squeak anything past the rules. I was just trying to be specific in my question.

I've edited my original question.