PDA

View Full Version : Shootout in Nashville (Video)

Frank D.
03-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Pretty scary - the manager/clerk is CC'ing, but it looks like he does about a billion things wrong.

Nashville Shootout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVN3nqlIIzo)

I think watching videos of shootouts can teach us alot, and we can see the drastic affect adrenaline can have when the bullets start flying. A good reason to train as much as you can for the types of situations you might encounter. At the very least, maybe it'll help us consider what not to do.

Ga Shooter
03-19-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm with you on watching stuff like this. I also like to watch videos of people fighting and going beserker in the office etc. I think it helps us to see what the "average" American does when confronted in situations like these. If I ever have to clear kydex I want to know: do people run everywhere like crazy like on the movies/ do they cower and hide/ do they try to help/ do they watch/ etc etc. It is very interesting. Thanks for the link.

John Ralston
03-19-2011, 08:16 AM
I was going to post something about that yesterday. My wife and I watched that on the late night news, and her comment afterwards had coffee coming out my nose. She calmly said:

"I don't want to ever work with that guy"

Spraying rounds over the top of the aisle with no concern for his co-worker or customers.

He is damn lucky to be alive as well, since he obviously had no idea how to use that POS that he had. If the assailants had stayed at the end of the row and fired back while he was trying to get his weapon to fire he wouldn't be here today.

gtmtnbiker98
03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Glad he made it; however, after visiting Nashville last September, I'm sure to never return. What an "arm pit."

F-Trooper05
03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Dude thought he was playing laser tag.

Pistol Shooter
03-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Wow. :eek:

That is all kinds of screwed up.

David
03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Appeared to me as if he didn't keep one in the chamber so he drew the weapon and went to rack the slide, most likely fumbling the mag release in the process and dropped the mag.

In his defense it is very easy for us to sit back and say "he should have", "what an idiot" or "His grip is entirely wrong" in the comfort of our home but when someone pulls a gun on you and starts shooting at you with every intention of killing you you're not going to be thinking of your awesome session you just had at the range shooting at cardboard.

You're going to be scared to death and doing whatever it takes to make it go away. His shots were dangerously sporadic but he has someone trying to kill him, not time him. He just had his pistol drop it's mag and he's not an elite team fighter or mall ninja, he's a regular dude trying to make a living who has to now deal with this turd trying to kill him. Cut him a break, he survived.

Saur
03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Southnarcs ecqc class addresses the issues (and more) in that first bit of the fight before the guy in blue falls over.

Pistol Shooter
03-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Appeared to me as if he didn't keep one in the chamber so he drew the weapon and went to rack the slide, most likely fumbling the mag release in the process and dropped the mag.

In his defense it is very easy for us to sit back and say "he should have", "what an idiot" or "His grip is entirely wrong" in the comfort of our home but when someone pulls a gun on you and starts shooting at you with every intention of killing you you're not going to be thinking of your awesome session you just had at the range shooting at cardboard.

You're going to be scared to death and doing whatever it takes to make it go away. His shots were dangerously sporadic but he has someone trying to kill him, not time him. He just had his pistol drop it's mag and he's not an elite team fighter or mall ninja, he's a regular dude trying to make a living who has to now deal with this turd trying to kill him. Cut him a break, he survived.

Excellent post. You make some great points.

He sure did shoot up some canned goods, pampers and bottles of milk though. :D

(Todd, we need more emoticons here.)

ACP230
03-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I watched that video earlier today.
Looks like a whole lot of pointing, and not much aiming, on either side.

I was in Nashville last April. Where I was things seemed calm, but a couple of gangbangers were killed by cops somewhere else in the city while I was there.

MTechnik
03-20-2011, 04:50 AM
If you saw how people in Nashville drive, this handling of machinery wouldn't shock you.