PDA

View Full Version : New Holster Day!

Blades
01-21-2021, 09:12 PM
New kydex in the house!! Thank you Tony! It carries right where I want it.
https://i.imgur.com/2WkNJoa.jpg

Guerrero
01-21-2021, 09:44 PM
Mine arrives Saturday

LittleLebowski
01-21-2021, 11:19 PM
Impatiently awaiting.

Savage Hands
01-22-2021, 12:53 PM
JMCK WC 2.5 Glock 48 Long Boi

Blades
01-22-2021, 07:21 PM
JMCK WC 2.5 Glock 48 Long Boi

I wanted a G34 length but Tony didn't have a G34 with TLR-8 blue gun. :( So, G17 length it is. The two clips are on there! I only had one DCC clip before and it was easy-peasy to remove; it was also 1.75" and these are 1.5". They fit on my Volund belt just right and don't like letting go. I may swap them out for 1.75" or I can quit whining and my fingers will get stronger. :) The 1.75" do give you a little up/down adjustment which can be useful.

23JAZ
08-21-2021, 02:12 PM
Tony knocked it out of the park again! Love this combo!

HeavyDuty
08-21-2021, 03:13 PM
I have orders in for three right now… two OWB 2s (26.5 and 27.5) and a IWB 3 for the P365.

23JAZ
08-21-2021, 07:38 PM
I have orders in for three right now… two OWB 2s (26.5 and 27.5) and a IWB 3 for the P365.
I’ve got one more on order for the G48 with TLR-7 Sub. Great kit!

HeavyDuty
08-25-2021, 09:07 PM
Ship notice day! The IWB for the new P365 went out today.

23JAZ
09-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Tony killed it yet again!!! Unfortunately, timing sucks and I’m slide-less for a few days since Jay585 and I just traded 43X/48 slides.

blues
12-14-2021, 08:53 PM
Well, I needed another holster like I needed...well, you know.

But, I realized there was a disturbance in the force since the only G17 sized JMCK holster I owned was for a 17 equipped with a light mounted on the rail...so...there was an obvious void needing filling.

Since I already have a G19 sized "George", I decided to go in a different direction and ordered a WC 2.5 with both DCC clips as well as a pair of closed soft loops for the "wide pattern".

Holster came today, (from Tony's recent sale), and as usual, the workmanship is first rate. He makes the G17 sized WC feel like a G19 sized holster, and I didn't feel the need for a wedge or pad...neither for comfort, nor tucking the slide and grip.

I don't know how he does it but I'm glad he does. And the price, imho, is a bargain...even without the sale, which I was fortunate enough to take advantage of.

revchuck38
12-14-2021, 09:45 PM
I just got the OWB 2 for my M&P45 Compact. It's just...nice. :)

WDR
12-14-2021, 09:59 PM
My most recent order for a OWB says "picking" so hopefully that means Soon™ ...

Tony Mayer
12-15-2021, 09:09 PM
Well, I needed another holster like I needed...well, you know.

But, I realized there was a disturbance in the force since the only G17 sized JMCK holster I owned was for a 17 equipped with a light mounted on the rail...so...there was an obvious void needing filling.

Since I already have a G19 sized "George", I decided to go in a different direction and ordered a WC 2.5 with both DCC clips as well as a pair of closed soft loops for the "wide pattern".

Holster came today, (from Tony's recent sale), and as usual, the workmanship is first rate. He makes the G17 sized WC feel like a G19 sized holster, and I didn't feel the need for a wedge or pad...neither for comfort, nor tucking the slide and grip.

I don't know how he does it but I'm glad he does. And the price, imho, is a bargain...even without the sale, which I was fortunate enough to take advantage of.

Thanks for the kudos and the business!

pangloss
12-15-2021, 11:41 PM
I don't have a picture of the OWB holster for my G26 that arrived this week, but it is a superb holster. I've never carried OWB but I think that with the right jacket, it might work for me now.

Oldherkpilot
12-16-2021, 06:58 AM

I'm afraid you might be mistaken. Both the holster I ordered about six weeks ago and the one I ordered last week say "picking." If you're correct, I'll have a merry Christmas, indeed!😁

HeavyDuty
12-16-2021, 08:10 AM
I don't have a picture of the OWB holster for my G26 that arrived this week, but it is a superb holster. I've never carried OWB but I think that with the right jacket, it might work for me now.

Which one did you end up with? Tony’s OWB2 has become my standard, I’ve sent him an embarrassing amount of money the last year.

littlejerry
12-16-2021, 10:26 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting my G19 + TLR7 AIWB from Tony. Already had one, but need a new dot-capable one.

pangloss
12-16-2021, 10:29 AM
Which one did you end up with? Tony’s OWB2 has become my standard, I’ve sent him an embarrassing amount of money the last year.I got the OWB2 with a 10 degree cant in coyote brown. My G26 disappears under a blazer as long as the blazer isn't buttoned. I want to be able to carry more than a G43 when I have to tuck in my shirt! Maybe I should have tried one of Tony's IWB models but I've never found any IWB holster that works nearly as well for me as AIWB. The universal comes closest, but that still leaves me carrying the G43.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

HeavyDuty
12-16-2021, 10:42 AM
I got the OWB2 with a 10 degree cant in coyote brown. My G26 disappears under a blazer as long as the blazer isn't buttoned. I want to be able to carry more than a G43 when I have to tuck in my shirt! Maybe I should have tried one of Tony's IWB models but I've never found any IWB holster that works nearly as well for me as AIWB. The universal comes closest, but that still leaves me carrying the G43.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I carry IWB when I can (and have several of Tony’s great IWBs) but I have a hip to hip surgical scar that is very often too sensitive for inside the pants. The OWB has proven to be a fantastic option for me, quite concealable under an overshirt or jacket. I’m not one to try to conceal with an untucked T-shirt anyways, I look too sloppy and can’t stand it. 10 degree cant OWB2 is my happy place.

Duces Tecum
12-16-2021, 12:40 PM
HeavyDuty

That is where I am as well: even if the sidearm never changes a person can need multiple holsters, depending on what he's been doing recently.

Examples: a shoulder may go out and until it recovers full range of motion, which on occasion may take a year or more, drawing from behind the hip is a non-starter. Hernias or scar tissue (as you noted) may restrict AIWB. Even if the manner of carry remains the same, infirmities may require the gun to be changed to the other hip.

And the offside holster facilitates defense with the "weak" hand. That, by itself, is reason enough to at least consider having a holster to use when the "strong" side shoulder is out for maintenance.

A reasonable argument can be made that one gun may require four holsters: an AIWB and an OWB on both right and left sides.

Duces

blues
12-16-2021, 12:42 PM
A reasonable argument can be made that one gun may require four holsters: an AIWB and an OWB on both right and left sides.

Duces

Maybe Tony should just start sending out all four with each order. ;)

HeavyDuty
12-16-2021, 01:07 PM
Maybe Tony should just start sending out all four with each order. ;)

Waiting for Tony to like that one. “Ma, we’re gonna need more Kydex!”

Tony Mayer
12-16-2021, 04:16 PM
Y'all ( I say that now that I'm in Texas :p) are killin me..... but if you want to buy 4 at a time for the same gun, we could probably talk discounts!!:cool:

blues
12-16-2021, 04:22 PM
Y'all ( I say that now that I'm in Texas :p) are killin me..... but if you want to buy 4 at a time for the same gun, we could probably talk discounts!!:cool:

"All hat, No cattle" is about to become "All holsters, No pistols"...or vice-versa. :p

The JMCK "Right, Left & Sideways" Package

(for the pistolero who thought he had everything)

;)

revchuck38
12-16-2021, 04:38 PM
10 degree cant OWB2 is my happy place.

+1!

WDR
12-22-2021, 06:45 PM
I'm afraid you might be mistaken. Both the holster I ordered about six weeks ago and the one I ordered last week say "picking." If you're correct, I'll have a merry Christmas, indeed!😁

Forgot to come back and update this, but my OWB came in the mail on Monday. That was soon enough.:cool: Wore it the other night for a bit, and I think I'll like it. I carry mostly AIWB, but for long bumpy truck rides on the desert dirt roads, AIWB isn't the most comfortable way to carry.

I think I'm up to 4 or 5 JM Custom holsters now, which I think is the most I've ever bought from a single holster maker, if that says anything. As for multi-holster discounts... If I knew I'd want four or more at a single go, I'd just be patient and watch for a sale email. I might be letting one used one go up on the for sale forum soon, as I've moved to all red dot cut holsters now.

Gun Mutt
12-23-2021, 05:54 AM

Where do you find this info on the site? I ordered two more holsters on Black Friday and my mailbox and front porch remain bereft of JM packages. I've been a (mostly) good boy this year...why's brown Santa dissing my house?

Oldherkpilot
12-23-2021, 06:44 AM
Where do you find this info on the site? I ordered two more holsters on Black Friday and my mailbox and front porch remain bereft of JM packages. I've been a (mostly) good boy this year...why's brown Santa dissing my house?

If you created an account when you placed your order, you can check on the status of your orders. I can't prove it, but am convinced the clock slows down every time you check the status of any order with any company. Proceed with caution!😁

HeavyDuty
12-23-2021, 07:39 AM
I may need an intervention. I have three OWB2s in process at the moment, and had to stop myself from ordering a fourth.

willie
12-23-2021, 08:44 AM
Did I miss a sale? Damn! Tony, how do you like Texas?

willie
12-23-2021, 08:46 AM
I have a part time job as a casket model at the funeral home because I look like a dead man. Maybe I could get a job modeling holsters.:cool:

WDR
12-24-2021, 12:03 AM
If you created an account when you placed your order, you can check on the status of your orders. I can't prove it, but am convinced the clock slows down every time you check the status of any order with any company. Proceed with caution!😁

Maybe you guys should just start living cleaner... and you'd move up in line. ;)

The above info is true, if you create an account, you can check order status at any time. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting my holster that fast, given that I ordered a few days into the Black Friday sale, and then read that they had some trouble with covid at the JM Custom shop. The holster I ordered was a quick ship, and not a custom, so that helped I'm sure. In the age of Amazon, some us us still remember the dark ages when you'd mail a check off, and get notified of shipping when your order showed up.

As for being notified of sales, I'd suggest joining Tony's email list... he doesn't constantly spam your inbox, but that's the best way to hear about sales.

Gun Mutt
12-24-2021, 07:03 AM

These will be my 4th & 5th JM holsters and I never set up an account because really, how many holsters for the same guns can one guy order for himself, amiright? :eek: At least I get his emails, so I knew about the sale...guess I'll head over to the site and see if I can set up an account retroactively.

Oldherkpilot
12-24-2021, 12:32 PM
These will be my 4th & 5th JM holsters and I never set up an account because really, how many holsters for the same guns can one guy order for himself, amiright? :eek: At least I get his emails, so I knew about the sale...guess I'll head over to the site and see if I can set up an account retroactively.

Regarding your question about how many holster can one guy order... I won't know that answer until I'm much closer to it.😁

blues
12-24-2021, 12:59 PM
Regarding your question about how many holster can one guy order... I won't know that answer until I'm much closer to it.😁

I've only got four JMCKs. I'm a slacker / underachiever.

revchuck38
12-24-2021, 01:43 PM

Shoot, I've got that many for my M&P45s and PX4s. And three for my K frames. And one for my Gubmint Model. I'd have a couple for my P99Cs if he supported that gun.

blues
12-24-2021, 02:07 PM
Shoot, I've got that many for my M&P45s and PX4s. And three for my K frames. And one for my Gubmint Model. I'd have a couple for my P99Cs if he supported that gun.

Hell, one of my four is for a 3" 686+ I don't have anymore. The other three are for assorted Glocks, one of which is for light bearing. So that leaves only two for EDC guns.

You'll get no argument out of me. I'm an admitted underachiever.

Heck, Tony even told me in a conversation a year or two back I was perilously close to being considered a Democrat. He sure knows how to hurt a guy. ;)

HeavyDuty
12-24-2021, 03:37 PM

So, one order under the new guidelines.

blues
12-24-2021, 04:22 PM
So, one order under the new guidelines.

Not even...since that would be four holsters to accommodate one firearm in various quadrants. :p

HeavyDuty
12-24-2021, 06:56 PM
Not even...since that would be four holsters to accommodate one firearm in various quadrants. :p

I bet you change the rules on checkers as you play, too.

blues
12-24-2021, 08:14 PM
I bet you change the rules on checkers as you play, too.

I'll take the 5th.

Oldherkpilot
12-24-2021, 09:16 PM

You're not a slacker, you're just not applying yourself! I'll bet if Tony were making knife scabbards you'd be on the All-Star Team!😁

Elwin
12-24-2021, 09:35 PM

A PPQ holster should fit your P99C (and in my experience definitely fits a full size P99 if you have one).