PDA

View Full Version : Timney enters Glock market

Tokarev
01-21-2021, 07:11 AM
The link to this trigger was sent to me by a friend.

https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-competition-series-for-glock-gen-3-4/

Given Timney's name recognition these should sell quite well.

I notice with interest that they cut the bottom off the trigger housing to make the trigger compatible across multiple generations. This is actually a surprisingly simple idea. Looking at Timney's online instructions I see that the trigger housing is a sort of "subassembly" that fits into the pistol's existing plastic trigger housing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Evil_Ed
01-21-2021, 07:34 AM
That's actually really cool, but I wonder how rigid it'll be...

LittleLebowski
01-21-2021, 07:44 AM
Please don’t inundate Tom with queries about how these work with the SCD.

Zincwarrior
01-21-2021, 08:10 AM
Pretty.

ViniVidivici
01-21-2021, 11:20 AM
Lame.

Can't blame 'em for trying' to make a buck, but if I wanted a super fancy-dancy trigger like that, I'd start out with a non-Glock to begin with.

And I say that as an avowed Glock guy!

Doc_Glock
01-21-2021, 11:28 AM
Looks like an innovative product.

Gio
01-21-2021, 11:39 AM
Looks intriguing. I don't know how you decide to launch a product in 2021 for Glocks and not be compatible with gen5 though. I may end up trying one for my G35 limited gun. I am interested if they can get a true ~3# trigger with a stock 5.5# striker spring.

foxj66
01-21-2021, 11:43 AM
Looks intriguing. I don't know how you decide to launch a product in 2021 for Glocks and not be compatible with gen5 though. I may end up trying one for my G35 limited gun. I am interested if they can get a true ~3# trigger with a stock 5.5# striker spring.

I would have to assume that they started working on this awhile ago and are targeting the bulk of the guns in the market place first and will modify it down the road to have a Gen 5 version?

jamautry
01-21-2021, 12:16 PM
In the explanation given by Shane Cooley, they accomplished the crisp take-up and lighter pull by catching the striker in its cocked position so for that reason I would only use it for competition.

Go to the 5:45 mark in the video link below

https://youtu.be/uuAk1ocBVfM

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

EricM
01-21-2021, 12:18 PM

The video below says March 1 for Gen 5. Since you're not pulling against the striker spring that weight seems doable. Folks that want a 1911 trigger on a Glock finally get their wish! I find it curious that they kept the connector, I suppose that would let you customize the feel of the break. Edit: And, you know, prevent it from going full auto...should have worded that differently, I wonder whether the connector still has a role in depressing the trigger bar to release the sear, looks like it does but not certain.

Doc_Glock - will you be taking a mallet to one? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJshFTUViI

Doc_Glock
01-21-2021, 12:28 PM
The video below says March 1 for Gen 5. Since you're not pulling against the striker spring that weight seems doable. Folks that want a 1911 trigger on a Glock finally get their wish! I find it curious that they kept the connector, I suppose that would let you customize the feel of the break.

@Doc_Glock (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=12978) - will you be taking a mallet to one? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJshFTUViI

From what I can figure looking at the video the little insert holds the striker fully back and the trigger bar then drops that sear. That looks strikingly similar to the VP9 and PPQ and I bet I could get it to drop the striker.

Essentially it looks like they are turning the Glock into a VP9. Pass. May be great for competition though.

Doc_Glock
01-21-2021, 12:34 PM
https://youtu.be/uuAk1ocBVfM?t=368

I am reposting this video from above and embedding. At 6:08 ish Cooley explains how it works. Seems like a great idea for competition. At least as safe as a VP9 or PPQ I imagine with the only risk being a dead trigger from a severe drop or mallet.

JonInWA
01-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Hmm. Since all my Glocks (and guns in general) are used for both carry/duty and competition (primarily IDPA, secondarily GSSF and ASI), a 3# trigger without a manual safety is a no-go for me.

And I've already got the VP box checked, with my VP40 with its 5.4# pull weight, which is as light I want to go with on that (particularly given the VP's softer break than that on a Glock).

Interesting concept and execution, though, especially for the gun games boys and girls.

Best, Jon

EricM
01-21-2021, 01:52 PM
From what I can figure looking at the video the little insert holds the striker fully back and the trigger bar then drops that sear. That looks strikingly similar to the VP9 and PPQ and I bet I could get it to drop the striker.

Essentially it looks like they are turning the Glock into a VP9. Pass. May be great for competition though.

I am reposting this video from above and embedding. At 6:08 ish Cooley explains how it works. Seems like a great idea for competition. At least as safe as a VP9 or PPQ I imagine with the only risk being a dead trigger from a severe drop or mallet.

Yep that makes it clear, best video by far, missed that one when it was posted earlier. Really clever design, I imagine they are going to sell every one they can make and put guys doing Glock trigger jobs out of business. I've never done anything but the most mild trigger modifications to a Glock, but if I was going for a competition-only trigger, this would seem to be a no-brainer vs. messing with modified trigger bars and aftermarket strikers and other stuff that has a terrible track record for reliability. Though if you're running lighter recoil springs as many competition guys do, you'd still need to balance that with the striker spring weight to be sure it returns to battery, so maybe there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I've never wanted a 1911 trigger in a Glock because I've never been a 1911 guy, but now you've put the idea in my head of a Walther trigger in a Glock, and I so enjoyed the trigger in my P99's, now I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a tricked out Glock just for funsies. :cool:

Rex G
01-21-2021, 02:57 PM
Fully-cocked striker? Not SCD-able? For a carry gun, or any gun with which I may be moving about, in a fast or strenuous way, I think I’ll pass. A hard pass. Even a “Condition Zero” 1911 still has a grip safety, and I have several 1911 pistols.

To experiment with, well, sniping with a pistol, such as rural pest-control, or punching targets, from a fixed position, I’ll allow a “maybe.” I have enough Glocks that I could convert one into a bullseye-ish/target pistol. It would be fun to see how accurate I might be, with that Glock having a clean trigger pull, without all of the clickery-clackety-clunk.

RAM Engineer
01-21-2021, 05:06 PM
33 years later...

"You know, this Glock thing might have some legs after all."

BWT
01-21-2021, 05:36 PM
33 years later...

"You know, this Glock thing might have some legs after all."

Not if you shoot yourself in one.

I’ll see myself out.

ETA: I own, carry, and shoot Glocks. This going to a fully tensioned striker seems to remove a degree of safety I’d probably not AIWB.

spyderco monkey
01-22-2021, 09:52 AM
Sounds awesome.

A few years ago I had an idea for a new Glock frame that converts the Glock into a sort of "PPQ that takes Glock Mags" by giving it a fully tensioned striker.

Seems like this is it.

Downside is that my SIRT trainer would no longer be a realistic representation of my current Glock trigger with Ghost Edge connector.

GJM
01-22-2021, 09:57 AM
I have one inbound to mess around with. Just as I have Apex FSS triggers in competition CORE pistols, and stock triggers on carry M&P pistols, I have no problem with this on a Glock used for gaming.

farscott
01-22-2021, 10:46 AM
I have one inbound to mess around with. Just as I have Apex FSS triggers in competition CORE pistols, and stock triggers on carry M&P pistols, I have no problem with this on a Glock used for gaming.

I think that is a good approach. Unfortunately for Timney and fortunately for some attorneys, someone is going to shove a Glock equipped with one of these triggers into their pants and badness will ensue.

bravo7
01-22-2021, 11:32 AM
I think that is a good approach. Unfortunately for Timney and fortunately for some attorneys, someone is going to shove a Glock equipped with one of these triggers into their pants and badness will ensue.

As opposed to the thousand other aftermarket triggers already available?

Tokarev
01-23-2021, 09:19 PM
https://www.rainierarms.com/timney-triggers-alpha-competition-series-glock-trigger-gen-3-4/?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Shop+Timney&utm_content=Calling+in+a+BIG+Weekend+Loadout+Drop&utm_campaign=The+Weekend+Supply+Drop&_bta_tid=22756321173589013522733381208275185014979 59074074478361337868852225992177768999445170020918 950703141579773441

OkieHeat
01-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Mine will be here tomorrow. My carry 19 is still stock but for a play gun this sounds interesting.

Tokarev
01-24-2021, 11:30 AM
Lots of understandable "not in my carry gun" comments. But note that Timney calls this the Alpha Competition.

GJM
01-24-2021, 01:13 PM
I want the proven Glock system for carry, but I am not sure the difference in pre travel and pull weight between an OEM and competition trigger is likely to make much difference in an appendix ND, given how much force can come from a shirt tail in a holster or finger on a trigger scenario.

Doc_Glock
01-24-2021, 06:26 PM

I think you will love it, knowing what I know about you. Combines the best of Glock and VP.

GJM
01-24-2021, 07:41 PM
I think you will love it, knowing what I know about you. Combines the best of Glock and VP.

Do you have one?

Doc_Glock
01-24-2021, 08:33 PM
Do you have one?

No, just total E-speculation on my part.

OkieHeat
01-25-2021, 12:44 PM
I got mine installed super easy. I put this in a Gen 4 and I'll say up front I do not remember which striker spring I have in this gun maybe 5lb in it now but I am getting about a 2 lb 10 oz trigger break on my lyman trigger gauge. I will put the stock striker Spring in later when I have more time. It still feels like a Glock trigher with much less squishy trigger break. I did a 3 foot drop 3 times on carpet on cement floor and it did not give me a dead trigger. I'll try to get more information later when I have more time.

EricM
01-25-2021, 01:05 PM
Cool! Which connector? I'm curious with the Timney whether different connectors change the feel in a similar way as with a normal Glock mechanism. How's the reset compared to a standard Glock trigger?

OkieHeat
01-25-2021, 01:28 PM
Cool! Which connector? I'm curious with the Timney whether different connectors change the feel in a similar way as with a normal Glock mechanism. How's the reset compared to a standard Glock trigger? I have the dot connector in it and the reset feels a little softer than the stock one. My gen 5 definitely has a stronger reset.

OkieHeat
01-25-2021, 01:30 PM
With the trigger spring removed I'm thinking the stronger Striker spring might give it a better reset Maybe. Guys on here that understand Glocks better than I do might have a better idea how all that works.

EricM
01-25-2021, 02:47 PM
With the trigger spring removed I'm thinking the stronger Striker spring might give it a better reset Maybe. Guys on here that understand Glocks better than I do might have a better idea how all that works.

On a standard Glock, the spring in the trigger housing is pulling the trigger rearward (or pushing it rearward, for Gen 5); the reset force comes from the striker spring. With the Timney though, the striker is caught by the sear, so the striker spring exerts no force on the trigger bar during reset; the reset force comes from the return spring (the torsion spring installed on the trigger shoe). A stronger return spring would increase the weight throughout the pull, but might improve the overall feel.

Does the distance of the reset seem any different from the stock trigger?

OkieHeat
01-25-2021, 04:26 PM
On a standard Glock, the spring in the trigger housing is pulling the trigger rearward (or pushing it rearward, for Gen 5); the reset force comes from the striker spring. With the Timney though, the striker is caught by the sear, so the striker spring exerts no force on the trigger bar during reset; the reset force comes from the return spring (the torsion spring installed on the trigger shoe). A stronger return spring would increase the weight throughout the pull, but might improve the overall feel.

Does the distance of the reset seem any different from the stock trigger? Great explanation, and the reset is shorter. I just got back from putting 100 rounds through it and it's a fun trigger. Timney got a winner on its hand I think. the trigger weight might be a little lighter now that's its broke in some. I'll check the weight on the trigger pull when I get home. The reset is good it's just a little bit different than what Glock used to feel like to me.

gomerpyle
01-25-2021, 04:50 PM
Combines the best of Glock and VP.

Well golly! A man can dream - I hope that this is the case.

Norville
01-25-2021, 05:29 PM
Mine arrived today from Brownells. Took about 10 minutes to install, probably would have been quicker if I didn’t look at all the tiny pictures.

It’s in my G4 34 CO gun. Trigger was about 3.5 lbs before using a stock trigger spring, 4.5 lb striker and Zev v4 connector. I’m getting 2 1/4-2 1/2 now. I find the flat trigger harder to measure.

Break is smooth, maybe only one ‘wall’ instead of several. Reset is quick and short. No time to get to the range this week unfortunately.

farscott
01-25-2021, 06:10 PM
As opposed to the thousand other aftermarket triggers already available?

This is the first trigger from a well-known company to eliminate all of the pre-travel for the Glock. Other triggers have reduced the pre-travel, but this is the first one from an established well-known company that turns the pistol into a fully-tensioned striker design.

GJM
01-27-2021, 01:58 PM
My trigger has not arrived yet, but I just hung up with somebody very knowledgeable about Glock products. He said the trigger was amazing and it appeared to keep all safety systems intact.

OkieHeat
01-27-2021, 04:56 PM
I put another hundred rounds through it today and it's feeling really good. With stock Springs in it it was about 2.8 pound trigger pull. I put a 6lb striker spring in it and it bump it up to 2.12 lb. I like the way the 2.12 feels I'll leave it in there. I do have a 6.5 lb Striker spring I can try later.

P226SAOFan
01-28-2021, 12:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbQ4ERRKRQE

Whirlwind06
01-28-2021, 06:28 AM
I hope a GEN 5 version is in the works. Damn me for buying the latest and greatest Glock versions! :D
Would also be nice to see one for the large frame guns. I'm already using my G21.3 as a target gun which sounds like it would be great for the role.

HTM
01-28-2021, 10:41 AM
I hope a GEN 5 version is in the works. Damn me for buying the latest and greatest Glock versions! :D
Would also be nice to see one for the large frame guns. I'm already using my G21.3 as a target gun which sounds like it would be great for the role.

March 2020 supposedly

GearFondler
01-29-2021, 02:26 PM
A pretty interesting and fairly unbiased review of the system from Johnny Glock.
And there seems to definitely be a potential trigger reset issue that is worth noting near the end of the video. I love the idea of this trigger but my guns are carry guns so I'll have to pass on this one, damn it... (I adore gadgets and upgrades but not at the expense of safety or function).

https://youtu.be/BbQ4ERRKRQE

DDTSGM
01-29-2021, 07:10 PM
Got mine in, installed in a Gen TWO frame, wouldn't work. I had thought it might not reset because the upper locking block pin wasn't there to capture the upper leg on the return spring, and I was correct.

Robbed a Gen 3 frame from another pistol, installed it into that frame. The upper for this is a G22 slide with a G35 threaded barrel and a TF Sight Block attached. Don't have even a hundred rounds through thise set-up as I'm saving primers, and what loaded ammo I have a good supply of is 9mm.

Went to the range to shoot some of my .40 ammo through it with the new trigger. Disclosure: I'm an old, slow, uncoordinated fart and I usually run about .21 - .24 splits for A-zone hits at seven-ten yards. I also keep my trigger finger in contact with the trigger through out reset.

First six or so shots led revealed I needed less pre-travel/take-up. Retreated to the truck and took it down to screw in the reset adjustment. Lucked out and got it pretty much the same as the take-up on my P320 Legion.

Short travel, crisp break, using stock striker spring and 'five' pound connector. I like it. Don't have a trigger weight gauge, so can't give weight.

Shot about a half box of old Speer Lawman Training 165gr TMJ and about a half box of old 3-D 180gr lead SWC. The 3D loads were much softer shooting, and surprisingly (to me) fed okay. My resets between five to ten yards were under .20 which is good for me. The last five rounds out of each box I fired roll-over prone at 50. The 165gr held the 10 ring on the action pistol target I was using, the 180gr lead had 3X and two fives - the set screw on the sight block had backed out and apparently caused the two fives, or maybe the 3X LOL. Going to have to figure something out before finalizing the build on this set-up.

Anyways, this is the first non-Glock trigger I've purchased for any of my Glocks and I'm happy.

Sig_Fiend
01-29-2021, 10:21 PM
I have one incoming. I'll get detailed pics and plan on disassembling the receiver as well, since I can't find pics of the inside of it anywhere. Call me a weirdo, but I could care less about having a ridiculously light trigger. I'm more curious about the difference in feel throughout the arc of pull. Call me crazy, but based on what I'm seeing and hearing, I actually kind of want to mod this thing, swap out the springs with stiffer ones, and see what it's like with a 4-5# pull. ;)

DDTSGM
01-29-2021, 10:41 PM
I have one incoming. I'll get detailed pics and plan on disassembling the receiver as well, since I can't find pics of the inside of it anywhere. Call me a weirdo, but I could care less about having a ridiculously light trigger. I'm more curious about the difference in feel throughout the arc of pull. Call me crazy, but based on what I'm seeing and hearing, I actually kind of want to mod this thing, swap out the springs with stiffer ones, and see what it's like with a 4-5# pull. ;)

If you have a trigger weight scale I'd be interested in what you get with a standard striker spring and a standard connector.

Sig_Fiend
01-29-2021, 11:04 PM
Will do. I have a digital Lyman scale. It'll be going in a gen 3 RTF2 G17 frame with a G34 upper. I'll try it with a standard connector as well as a Ghost Edge (My favorite due to the profile: reference (https://youtu.be/0YJ0hX9N0aM?t=627)). All my striker springs are always stock, since that's the one thing I never bother to mess with.

O4L
01-30-2021, 02:51 AM
A pretty interesting and fairly unbiased review of the system from Johnny Glock.
And there seems to definitely be a potential trigger reset issue that is worth noting near the end of the video. I love the idea of this trigger but my guns are carry guns so I'll have to pass on this one, damn it... (I adore gadgets and upgrades but not at the expense of safety or function).

https://youtu.be/BbQ4ERRKRQELooks like JG got it down to a 3 ounce trigger.

https://youtu.be/3j2MyobLfec

Tokarev
01-30-2021, 10:36 AM
Looks like JG got it down to a 3 ounce trigger.

https://youtu.be/3j2MyobLfecCrazy!

Jim Watson
01-30-2021, 11:53 AM
I did not watch the first video, 30 minutes of er-um is way over my tolerance.

In the second, why was he jerking the trigger gauge. I thought a gradual pull gave a better reading.

Would a pull over the tab show 15 oz?

spyderco monkey
01-30-2021, 01:56 PM
I did not watch the first video, 30 minutes of er-um is way over my tolerance.

In the second, why was he jerking the trigger gauge. I thought a gradual pull gave a better reading.

Would a pull over the tab show 15 oz?

I believe the reason he's jerking the gauge is to get the break measured, as the weight of the trigger safety dingus was found to be ~13oz.

So the dingus is 13oz, and then the actual break is 3oz.

spyderco monkey
01-30-2021, 01:58 PM
Some good discussion and review over at BE, showing testing with different connectors and other tests:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/291853-timney-glock-alpha-competition-trigger/

GJM
02-02-2021, 12:13 AM
Installed mine tonight. Took a bit of futzing with the trigger return spring as I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Best Glock trigger I have felt by far. Look forward to shooting it.

Doc_Glock
02-02-2021, 03:27 PM
Installed mine tonight. Took a bit of futzing with the trigger return spring as I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Best Glock trigger I have felt by far. Look forward to shooting it.

And.....

03RN
02-02-2021, 04:01 PM
Yep that makes it clear, best video by far, missed that one when it was posted earlier. Really clever design, I imagine they are going to sell every one they can make and put guys doing Glock trigger jobs out of business. I've never done anything but the most mild trigger modifications to a Glock, but if I was going for a competition-only trigger, this would seem to be a no-brainer vs. messing with modified trigger bars and aftermarket strikers and other stuff that has a terrible track record for reliability. Though if you're running lighter recoil springs as many competition guys do, you'd still need to balance that with the striker spring weight to be sure it returns to battery, so maybe there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I've never wanted a 1911 trigger in a Glock because I've never been a 1911 guy, but now you've put the idea in my head of a Walther trigger in a Glock, and I so enjoyed the trigger in my P99's, now I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a tricked out Glock just for funsies. :cool:

I would like a kahr trigger in a glock

spyderco monkey
02-03-2021, 12:38 PM
I would like a kahr trigger in a glock

My current trigger is like a very light Kahr trigger (no wall, DAO.)

Gen 3:
-Full polish of internals
-Rounded ZEV firing pin block
-Ghost EDGE connector

It's like a 3.5lb Kahr trigger. No wall, no grit, just a pretty steady light pressure to break. I like it a lot, can fire it quickly as easily without thinking about it (ie no taking up the slack and staging at the wall, over and over.) Just put the sights on the target and pull backward until it fires. I find this setup is very resistant to jerking the trigger vs the previous 'hard wall' glock trigger I've shot for years.

That said, I'm excited to try this new Timney trigger.

GJM
02-03-2021, 05:18 PM
And.....

And it shot like a Glock with an excellent trigger.

Doc_Glock
02-03-2021, 09:28 PM
And it shot like a Glock with an excellent trigger.

How does it compare to a VP9?

GJM
02-03-2021, 09:48 PM
How does it compare to a VP9?

They are both 9mm striker pistols with good triggers. Otherwise they don’t have much in common. I view the Timney trigger as a gaming mod for the person who wants to compete with a Glock, but I don’t see carrying it, given how new it is and how fundamentally it changes the basic design of the Glock. The VP9 trigger is integral to that pistol’s design. In fairness, I wouldn’t carry a Lazy Wolf trigger in a VP9 either.

spyderco monkey
02-03-2021, 10:00 PM
They are both 9mm striker pistols with good triggers. Otherwise they don’t have much in common. I view the Timney trigger as a gaming mod for the person who wants to compete with a Glock, but I don’t see carrying it, given how new it is and how fundamentally it changes the basic design of the Glock. The VP9 trigger is integral to that pistol’s design. In fairness, I wouldn’t carry a Lazy Wolf trigger in a VP9 either.

Did you find the Timney to be comparably light and crisp to the VP9?

JBP55
02-03-2021, 10:06 PM
Did you find the Timney to be comparably light and crisp to the VP9?

I have owned Glocks and VP9's with OEM and aftermarket triggers and do not own a Timney trigger but from what I am reading the Timney trigger in a Glock will be much lighter than a OEM VP9 trigger and possibly lighter than a VP9 with a Grey Guns Trigger.

Sig_Fiend
02-05-2021, 02:39 PM
The gun is an RTF2 G17 frame with a G34 upper. The slide has an Apex firing pin stop and stock FPS spring. Striker spring is stock. The connector is a Ghost Edge.

This is the most preposterously light and smooth Glock trigger I have ever tried! ;)

With my lyman digital trigger scale, on average out of 10 pulls I was getting 2lbs 3oz. With the Ghost Edge connector, there is literally NO wall. Just a true rolling break. No hitch in the pull or anything. It's pretty insane.

Trigger with pre-travel stop fully released (no reduction)

Trigger at rest, pre-travel stop fully released (no reduction)
The trigger bar still sits in the drop safety ledge. If pressed downward, it does not move the sear. The drop safety appears to be intact.

Trigger partially pulled
This is the extent to which the trigger can be pulled before it is fully off the drop safety ledge and begins to press the sear downwards.

Trigger and sear fully depressed
This is the extent to which the sear depresses. If you reference the back of the slot for the drop safety, between this and the previous picture you can get an idea of the degree of travel.

Trigger
These measurements are for the circular cutout, on the left side of the trigger, for holding the new trigger return spring.

Measurement
Millimeters
Inches

Nipple Diameter

Nipple Depth

Trigger Spring
The trigger spring is a 90 degree deflection angle left hand torsion spring with 2.25 active coils.

67119 67120

Measurement
Millimeters
Inches

Wire Diameter

Outer Diameter

Inner Diameter

Leg 1 Length

Leg 2 Length

Body Length

Based on these specs, and without knowing the spring material, these are the spring rate values I calculated using an online calculator (seems to be a variance of ~6-8% +/- depending on spring material):

Music Wire ASTM A228
Rate per degree : 0.013 In-Lbs/Degree
Spring Rate (or Spring constant) per 360 degrees, k360 degrees: 4.524 In-Lbs/360 Degrees
Maximum torque possible, Torquemax : 0.635 In-Lbs

SS302
Rate per degree : 0.012 In-Lbs/Degree
Spring Rate (or Spring constant) per 360 degrees, k360 degrees: 4.223 In-Lbs/360 Degrees
Maximum torque possible, Torquemax : 0.549 In-Lbs

Sear Spring
The sear spring is a compression spring with closed, ground ends. It has 5.5 active coils and, by my calculation, has a spring rate of approximately 31.254 Lbs/In. I disassembled the sear housing by driving the rear pin from left to right (left as if you were looking down the sights), as the hole on the left looked to be ever so slightly smaller (could be wrong).

Take note of the sear design. To clarify, there is nothing that restricts sear movement. In the same vein as the SIG P320, theoretically it is possible that significant enough inertia from a drop could cause the sear to bounce enough to release the striker, independent of the trigger bar moving. As others have found this trigger does not appear to disable the firing pin safety. So the FPS would still be engaged and likely prevent the striker from fully falling.

67117 67118

Measurement
Millimeters
Inches

Overall Length

Outer Diameter

Wire Diameter

Planned Mods
As I cannot leave well enough alone and must mod everything, here's a few ideas I'm planning on implementing. I fully realize this is a competition trigger. I am, however, curious what the effect would be of increasing the spring rates and increasing the trigger pull weight to say 4-6lbs. Is it possible it could become even safer for use outside of competition? Who knows. Either way, the search has started for several replacement compression and torsion springs.

I already have an idea for a different sear design that could potentially prevent any sear movement until the trigger is depressed. I won't go into that for now, but it occurred to me when looking at the pics above of the distance the trigger bar travels before depressing the sear. There might be enough room to have a sear that has an L-shaped front "hook" that grabs the top of the front of the trigger bar, preventing the sear from moving.

Modification Concerns
Based on my calculations, the sear spring rate is ~31lb/in. Considering the small size and minimal room, spring options are going to be limited. I am a bit concerned at the idea of substantially increasing this already high rate, and the effects that could have on increased wear of other components. For example, wear on the trigger housing including the connector, connector hole, the trigger pin itself, etc.

Contrast this with the fact the compression coil spring in an NY1 trigger has a rate of 17.591lb/in (I have a TON of self-compiled data on NY triggers I'll be releasing over the next month or two hopefully). Weirdly, the NY2 rate is 31.474lb/in, while the NY1 Black (gen5) is only 4.061lb/in.

I have the same concerns on the trigger spring side. Will a substantially increased rate wear significantly at the trigger spring "nipple"? Could the increased force on the upper leg against the locking block pin cause excess wear on the pin holes? Maybe I'm just overthinking this stuff, but modding is fun! ;)

Doc_Glock
02-05-2021, 05:54 PM
Take note of the sear design. To clarify, there is nothing that restricts sear movement. In the same vein as the SIG P320, theoretically it is possible that significant enough inertia from a drop could cause the sear to bounce enough to release the striker, independent of the trigger bar moving. As others have found this trigger does not appear to disable the firing pin safety. So the FPS would still be engaged and likely prevent the striker from fully falling.

Great post!

Do you think the striker would catch on the trigger bar if inertia were to depress the sear but the trigger had not moved? From what I can see probably not, but I don't have a comparison Glock trigger bar to see how high it rides above the drop safety cruciform groove.

Sig_Fiend
02-05-2021, 06:21 PM
Great post!

Do you think the striker would catch on the trigger bar if inertia were to depress the sear but the trigger had not moved? From what I can see probably not, but I don't have a comparison Glock trigger bar to see how high it rides above the drop safety cruciform groove.

I haven't tested that yet, but I'll see if there's a way I can with a slide test backplate.

P226SAOFan
02-05-2021, 07:06 PM
Great post!

From my sample, no. The bar sits to low and doesnt make any contact with the striker at any time. With an armorers plate, when i push the sear down with a small flat head, the striker drops and hits the striker block.

I shot an OZ9 with the Timney yesterday and I will say the trigger is fantastic.

Any roughness between the trigger bar and the striker block are really noticed since its not cocking the striker at all on take-up. I wouldn't mind a heavier trigger return spring either.

Casual Friday
02-16-2021, 08:22 PM
This video doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about using this trigger in a carry gun.

https://youtu.be/Sx-nQQrKI80

Sig_Fiend
02-16-2021, 10:05 PM
This video doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about using this trigger in a carry gun.

The unrestricted sear movement is the same theoretical issue/deficiency in the P320 platform. I would hope at some point, as new platforms are developed, that manufacturers would design striker sears to use chunks of steel that physically restrict movement unless the trigger is pulled. I'm a layman, but in my mind this is such a simple thing that should be able to entirely eliminate a class of safety issues. For example, why in God's name does the P320 manual safety not have a lug to physically prevent the sear from moving?

Doc_Glock
02-16-2021, 11:40 PM

That sear dropping is exactly the concern and that cut away model is super cool! Now he just needs to beat it with a mallet some and see what happens.

But essentially it is nearly the same as a PPQ/VP9/M&P/320 design.

Artemas2
02-17-2021, 07:18 AM

I feel like this topic needs a snarky tactical insider style post header.

"Competition trigger sold for competition presented by competition shooter Chane Soley to shoot competition" Local resident wants to know "is it's for duty use":o
This trigger is built to be in guns that are "hot" for about 1-5 total minutes a day in a somewhat controlled environment.

He has an interesting point, but I am getting some mixed messages from him. He goes on to say that all the other safeties are still in place which tells me that the firing pin block is still doing it's job (a FPB is the main "drop safety in many designs).
I agree that a drop safe gun is better, but nothing about this video is saying to me that is is not. In the same Johnny Glock video that he referenced, JG does a number of test drops without issue. While this guy only speculates what could happen. I suspect that the spring tension on the striker itself is also applying pressure to that sear which may be what prevents it from releasing in the event of a drop inline with the sear spring. . The issue with the trigger return from what I have seen else where don't happen during actual use. More testing is needed

Not that is doesn't happen before a recall, but I doubt a large company who has a long history making triggers would release something that defeats any safety mechanisms of a factory gun unless they like playing with fire.

HTM
03-19-2021, 09:55 AM
There is a set screw to adjust pretravel of the trigger. To assure that the trigger safety properly and reliably resets it may require backing that screw a tad.

JBP55
03-19-2021, 11:55 AM
I haven't tested that yet, but I'll see if there's a way I can with a slide test backplate.

I installed the Timney trigger in a Gen 5 G17 with a Ghost connector and 5# FPS and the pull weight is 3# 5 oz. with a weak reset.

JBP55
03-19-2021, 07:43 PM
I installed the Timney trigger in a Gen 5 G17 with a Ghost connector and 5# FPS and the pull weight is 3# 5 oz. with a weak reset.

I changed the Ghost minus connector to an OEM Glock minus connector which resolved the weak reset issue.

HTM
03-21-2021, 08:33 AM
Consistent 2.8lb pull with std dot connector in my 19 Gen5. Full engagement. Clean reset. Usual firing pin lug drag marks on the cruciform. NP3 coating is a bonus Will continue to track trigger weight. Will also do some drop testing with a beater gun. But I expect it to pass because of the solid trigger safety engagement and no pretravel issues with the firing pin safety.

Definitely a comp trigger. Not a carry trigger IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tokarev
06-21-2021, 12:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG44CfA69PA

O4L
06-21-2021, 01:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG44CfA69PAPrecious!

YVK
06-22-2021, 03:21 PM
I read something on Enos that I thought was funny. A lot of people like Johnny Glocks triggers. That dude offers a tuning service to further improve on the Timney trigger for $250. With trigger itself at 150 bucks, that's $400 trigger job for a 600 bucks gun.

I was trying to come up with other examples when a price of lockwork parts and a trigger job amounted to 2/3 of a full gun's price and I couldn't.

GJM
06-22-2021, 04:55 PM
I read something on Enos that I thought was funny. A lot of people like Johnny Glocks triggers. That dude offers a tuning service to further improve on the Timney trigger for $250. With trigger itself at 150 bucks, that's $400 trigger job for a 600 bucks gun.

I was trying to come up with other examples when a price of lockwork parts and a trigger job amounted to 2/3 of a full gun's price and I couldn't.

I think the best examples were the multiple HK pistols, where you did GGI trigger jobs, then 4.1 updates, causing the trigger work to exceed the cost of each original P30. :p

YVK
06-22-2021, 08:25 PM
I think the best examples were the multiple HK pistols, where you did GGI trigger jobs, then 4.1 updates, causing the trigger work to exceed the cost of each original P30. :p

Will not confirm or deny.

Anything that's 10 years old is null, void, and inadmissible.

I plead the 5th.

More importantly, ze German plastic guns with hammers are lots more expensive than ze Austrian plastic guns without hammers. Even with the special needs triggers and parts it still didn't come out to 50%. I think.

1911Nut
06-23-2021, 12:45 PM
Precious!

There's no question this guy has shooting talent. And plenty of it.

But every time I watch a video by him, I can't shake the feeling I need to take a shower.

And the crew that surrounds him has the same effect on me.

Never been anywhere near his range, but even the scenery you see on his videos makes me suspect that somewhere in the back of the shed there are a couple of "special" rooms with some non-shooting related accessories and furnishings.

Maybe it's just me. But my BS radar lights up every single time I see this guy.

GearFondler
06-23-2021, 02:15 PM

But every time I watch a video by him, I can't shake the feeling I need to take a shower.

Never been anywhere near his range, but even the scenery you see on his videos makes me suspect that somewhere in the back of the shed there are a couple of "special" rooms with some non-shooting related accessories and furnishings.

Maybe it's just me. But my BS radar lights up every single time I see this guy.I watched some of it, right up to when he makes fun of a fat girl in a bikini, while being the size of 3 people himself.

PistolJoe
10-05-2021, 07:54 AM
Sig_Fiend

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

I am also trying to further mod the Timney trigger in my G17 Gen 5 , but I want to make the trigger even lighter. My goal is to reach 700 grams or as light as it possibly can get and to have a trigger pull weight like a STI or CZ.

My research leads me to believe that apart from the L shaped trigger return spring, it is the spring under the sear that determines the triggers pull weight.

I was thinking that I need to replace the spring that pushes the sear up. Have you succeeded in finding a spring that fits the measurements and which we can use to tweak the weight?

Also what tool did you use to push the pin out that holds the sear over the spring in the sear housing?

I'd like to collect information on how to go even further than what the timney trigger allows us.

LittleLebowski
10-05-2021, 09:19 AM
I'd like to collect information on how to go even further than what the timney trigger allows us.

Are you shooting bullseye or something?

Sig_Fiend
10-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Sig_Fiend

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

I am also trying to further mod the Timney trigger in my G17 Gen 5 , but I want to make the trigger even lighter. My goal is to reach 700 grams or as light as it possibly can get and to have a trigger pull weight like a STI or CZ.

My research leads me to believe that apart from the L shaped trigger return spring, it is the spring under the sear that determines the triggers pull weight.

I was thinking that I need to replace the spring that pushes the sear up. Have you succeeded in finding a spring that fits the measurements and which we can use to tweak the weight?

Also what tool did you use to push the pin out that holds the sear over the spring in the sear housing?

Honestly, I gave up. This was only ever going to be a fun experiment with this trigger, but I have way too many projects. I'm just going to sell this thing and be done with it.

I never expected it to be, but to be clear for anyone else, this is purely a competition trigger and will NEVER be safe for defensive/hard usage.

To mirror LL, I'd wonder what the intent was of trying to go lighter on the sear spring? It's already the only thing restricting movement of the sear. A 1.5lb pull would be pretty ridiculous for pretty much anything except a range toy novelty, which is fine of course.

Clusterfrack
10-05-2021, 10:32 AM

Maybe it's just me. But my BS radar lights up every single time I see this guy.

Same here. Besides being a creep, Taran has promoted an Instagram style of shooting where looking hot or tactical is more important than actually shooting well. (Look at the size of the targets they hose on Taran's brothel range). I've seen this infect 3 Gun to the extent I don't have any interest in that anymore. Fortunately, that is rare in USPSA.

Clusterfrack
10-05-2021, 10:36 AM
[MENTION=991]...I want to make the trigger even lighter. My goal is to reach 700 grams or as light as it possibly can get and to have a trigger pull weight like a STI or CZ.

A Glock is the wrong gun for a super light trigger pull. The design makes a light pull and reliable ignition of primers opposing variables. This sounds like an exercise in frustration.

GearFondler
10-05-2021, 01:19 PM
Clusterfrack... "brothel range" Bwahahahaha!

PistolJoe
10-05-2021, 02:07 PM
Honestly, I gave up. This was only ever going to be a fun experiment with this trigger, but I have way too many projects. I'm just going to sell this thing and be done with it.

I never expected it to be, but to be clear for anyone else, this is purely a competition trigger and will NEVER be safe for defensive/hard usage.

To mirror LL, I'd wonder what the intent was of trying to go lighter on the sear spring? It's already the only thing restricting movement of the sear. A 1.5lb pull would be pretty ridiculous for pretty much anything except a range toy novelty, which is fine of course.

Of course it is just for Gun Range purposes and Bulls Eye shooting. And I experiment only on my Target Shooting Glock. All other Glocks are Pure Stock.

What I want to achieve is basically a Glock with a trigger pull weight of a tuned expensive 1911 or CZ style pistols that have 700 grams SA trigger pull. Just as a proof of concept. I'm fully aware that such low trigger pull ha sits issues.

I'm experimenting on my Glock for the fun of it.

The only thing I envy other Pistols for is that the 1911/2011 and CZ style pistols are able to go as low as 700 grams for SA Trigger pull But other than that I find them too heavy and bulky for me. Everything else like, weight, size and ergonomics, I like more on the Glock than on other pistols. I understand that these are different kind of pistols and I'm just experimenting here. So far I have failed to achieve that trigger pull with Glocks reliably without risking light primers. Yes you can go as low as that with Glocks by changing striker springs, but then you will have light primer strikes. The Timney avoids that. When Buying the Timney, I was hoping to go as low as that, but out of the Box I get about 1,5 KGs. WHich is OK, but I wanna see how far I can go. I was hoping to go as low as 700 grams and wonder what the limit is for the Timney Trigger like system. At the end I want only the Striker and sear friction to be the only factor limiting the trigger pull.

I have determined, that I need to lower the weight of the L shaped spring and the weight of the spring inside the sear.

Btw. how did you manage to remove the pin that holds the sear I was too afraid to apply too much pressure as the sear is made of light aluminium only and I didn't want it to bend.

Imagine having a 1911 or CZ like light SA Trigger on a Glock for a fraction

Clusterfrack
10-05-2021, 02:45 PM
The only thing I envy other Pistols for is that the 1911/2011 and CZ style pistols are able to go as low as 700 grams for SA Trigger pull But other than that I find them too heavy and bulky for me. Everything else like, weight, size and ergonomics, I like more on the Glock than on other pistols.

You could try a CZ P-07 or P-09, the "Glock" of TDA guns...

Jim Watson
10-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Maybe if you paid Johnny Glock $250 to improve your $150 Timney, you could figure out what he did so you could copy it on the next one.

I know a guy who can massage a Glock to 2 lb or a bit less, call it 900 grammes in French, but the one he worked on for a friend of mine only lasted a couple of months. I don't know how often he has to rework his own, his wife's, and his best friend's triggers.

PistolJoe
10-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Maybe if you paid Johnny Glock $250 to improve your $150 Timney, you could figure out what he did so you could copy it on the next one.

I know a guy who can massage a Glock to 2 lb or a bit less, call it 900 grammes in French, but the one he worked on for a friend of mine only lasted a couple of months. I don't know how often he has to rework his own, his wife's, and his best friend's triggers.

Johnny keeps his secrets, like how he got that big ass scar on his arm, that looks suspiciously like a ND wound for himself.

But I know how Johnny gets his 2 lbs. He is a magician with the scale...

This guy even beats Johnny: https://youtu.be/zLyktFd7Evs

He can show you any trigger weight on the scale that you want.

But whether you will ever be able to ignite a primer with it, is a whole other question.

Like I said, It's no magic to get a light pull on the Glock Trigger. But I want a light trigger pull that also ignites primers! And Johnny can't help me with that.

PistolJoe
10-05-2021, 06:02 PM
You could try a CZ P-07 or P-09, the "Glock" of TDA guns...

I don't doubt that there are other guns that have awesome triggers.

That's not the point of my endeavor. I want to turn a Glock into a 700 gram trigger gun with just a 140$ trigger. Not buy another gun.

Clusterfrack
10-05-2021, 06:18 PM
I don't doubt that there are other guns that have awesome triggers.

That's not the point of my endeavor. I want to turn a Glock into a 700 gram trigger gun with just a 140$ trigger. Not buy another gun.

Got it. I just wanted to point out that there are polymer guns with awesome triggers that are not heavy or bulky.

backtrail540
01-08-2022, 10:05 AM

Got the alpha i won installed on a g45. Nice visual of how much change in attributes are occurring.

GearFondler
01-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Got the alpha i won installed on a g45. Nice visual of how much change in attributes are occurring.

It took me a few seconds to notice the boner. :D

psalms144.1
01-08-2022, 04:01 PM

Got the alpha i won installed on a g45. Nice visual of how much change in attributes are occurring.That's actually kind of terrifying - to see just how much of the pretravel and pretensioning that trigger takes out of the GLOCK system. What's the trigger movement - a couple of mms?

backtrail540
01-08-2022, 04:06 PM
That's actually kind of terrifying - to see just how much of the pretravel and pretensioning that trigger takes out of the GLOCK system. What's the trigger movement - a couple of mms?

I'll see if I can get a video here in a few minutes but yeah you're pretty much at the wall. When I was explaining it to a friend, who's gun we're trying it in, he didn't really get what I was saying until I put the slide on and showed him where the gadget was sitting. Then it all was clear as day.

It feels great and I'm certain that it will be a great trigger for shooting but even with the fully tensioned striker guns on the market, you at least have pre travel/takeup before you hit the wall. With this thing you're just there. I'll run it from an owb for a session or two but I already know that it's not something I would work with regularly at all, even on a match gun. I don't see the point in playing with fire - outside of checking my curiosity under calm unstressed range conditions.

backtrail540
01-08-2022, 04:20 PM
That's actually kind of terrifying - to see just how much of the pretravel and pretensioning that trigger takes out of the GLOCK system. What's the trigger movement - a couple of mms?

Ignore the heavy breathing and my dumbass hitting the muzzle on the door glass...but here's a quick video on the lack of takeup etc...

https://youtu.be/K6k8KUf-Bns

GJM
01-08-2022, 05:19 PM
My G5 Timney worked great for a few hundred rounds and then had ongoing reset issues. Enough so, I gave it away to a friend, with disclosure.

psalms144.1
01-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Ignore the heavy breathing and my dumbass hitting the muzzle on the door glass...but here's a quick video on the lack of takeup etc...

https://youtu.be/K6k8KUf-BnsHoly baby Jeebus - I'm even more scared now. You've basically created a hideously ugly plastic 1911 without a safety

GJM
01-08-2022, 08:37 PM
Holy baby Jeebus - I'm even more scared now. You've basically created a hideously ugly plastic 1911 without a safety

My understanding is that the Timney maintains functionality of all three Glock safety systems?

Sig_Fiend
01-08-2022, 10:51 PM

My main question is, how much pre-travel was adjusted out with the screw, if at all? One thing I'd be curious to see is if the SCD is still leveraged at rest if the pre-travel screw is backed off as much as possible. Also, what connector are you using?

backtrail540
01-09-2022, 06:19 AM
My main question is, how much pre-travel was adjusted out with the screw, if at all? One thing I'd be curious to see is if the SCD is still leveraged at rest if the pre-travel screw is backed off as much as possible. Also, what connector are you using?

As it came from the package. Though since it was won in a karma, it certainly could have been adjusted previously. I'll mess around with it today and see what kind of adjustability i can get from it.

Stock connector/ internals.

fatdog
01-09-2022, 08:18 AM
it certainly could have been adjusted previously. .

Never adjusted, as it came out of the box.

backtrail540
01-09-2022, 08:46 AM

Where the screw was set. I removed it completely to get a sense of the absolute difference. Here's where it is with no screw.

https://youtu.be/SXePD762RRs

backtrail540
01-09-2022, 09:15 AM

Pre travel screw removed. With the striker fully tensioned/cocked, the scd doesn't do anything. Pressure won't stop it from dropping etc... just there for illustration purposes at that point.

Sig_Fiend
01-09-2022, 11:01 AM

Pre travel screw removed. With the striker fully tensioned/cocked, the scd doesn't do anything. Pressure won't stop it from dropping etc... just there for illustration purposes at that point.

Oh, good point. I keep forgetting this trigger converts the gun to a full tension striker. So it makes total sense that an SCD would already be activated and basically pointless in this case.

Clusterfrack
05-14-2022, 06:21 PM
An otherwise very squared away military operator had a G5 Glock with a Timney trigger at today’s USPSA match. It failed to reset about 3 times per stage. He placed fairly well, considering.

GJM
05-14-2022, 06:35 PM
An otherwise very squared away military operator had a G5 Glock with a Timney trigger at today’s USPSA match. It failed to reset about 3 times per stage. He placed fairly well, considering.

My Timney didn’t make it to a match, because of a similar experience. Loved it until it didn’t work. I just heard, unlike most Glock triggers, the Timney requires special lubrication. We will see, I am skeptical.

backtrail540
05-14-2022, 06:59 PM
I think I will finally get the timney gun out to the range tomorrow, if for no other reason than to form an opionion and be able to return the gun to the stock trigger for swapping purposes. Thanks for the reminder that it was in there!:cool:

GJM
05-14-2022, 07:08 PM
I think I will finally get the timney gun out to the range tomorrow, if for no other reason than to form an opionion and be able to return the gun to the stock trigger for swapping purposes. Thanks for the reminder that it was in there!:cool:

Today, based on what I know, there is no way I would rely on it for defense.

HCM
05-14-2022, 07:32 PM

A buddy installed one in his Previously reliable G19 Gen 5. The gun exhibited 3 light strikes in a 300 round session.

Clusterfrack
05-14-2022, 07:44 PM
I’m trying to say this in the least snarky way… The Timney trigger seems like a significant departure from the Glock design, and I would rather choose a different gun entirely.

GJM
05-14-2022, 07:46 PM
A buddy installed one in his Previously reliable G19 Gen 5. The gun exhibited 3 light strikes in a 300 round session.

That is interesting, because the problems I am aware of have been the trigger failing to reset.

HCM
05-14-2022, 07:51 PM
That is interesting, because the problems I am aware of have been the trigger failing to reset.

The ammo used was S&B 124 grain - Looking at the primer the three rounds that failed to fire were definitely light strikes compared to the other expended brass.

backtrail540
05-14-2022, 07:52 PM

Oh, certainly. The fact that it negates the use of a gadget eliminates that possibility, for me, on it's own. It is purely academic and because I won it in a karma here so I may as well give it a fair shake.

The changes to the trigger characteristics (lack of takeup and very short reset) relegate it to owb only and more than likely it will be pulled after a single session and moved along for someone else to do the same.

But I'm curious like a cat.

Tokarev
05-14-2022, 07:55 PM
That is interesting, because the problems I am aware of have been the trigger failing to reset.An acquaintance has one of these in his G5 17. It runs fine until the gun gets dirty. Then he said he starts getting reset problems. This is his cue that it is time to clean the gun.

GJM
05-14-2022, 08:38 PM
The ammo used was S&B 124 grain - Looking at the primer the three rounds that failed to fire were definitely light strikes compared to the other expended brass.

Supposedly, a feature of this trigger is you can use as heavy a striker spring as you want without negatively impacting pull characteristics.

Mirolynmonbro
05-15-2022, 11:19 AM
The trigger bar could be out of spec if you can rule out ammo issues. Timney will send a new one for free.

My first timney has a few k through it with no issues. I had an issue at a match with it failing to reset that was caused by gummed up oil at the connector. I wiped it down and it was fine. I started using a little grease on there instead and I haven't had issues.

My 2nd timney was constant light strikes. Timney sent me another trigger bar and it seems to have fixed it. I believe the old trigger bar wasn't pushing the plunger safety far enough, or the striker was dragging on the bar. I can't tell the difference between the two bars

My 3rd timney had no issues

Mirolynmonbro
05-15-2022, 11:22 AM
I saw a post on the gram with a Glock with several thousand rounds through it and the housing cracked and split in several places. That is definitely something I'll be watching.

LittleLebowski
05-15-2022, 01:26 PM
I’m trying to say this in the least snarky way… The Timney trigger seems like a significant departure from the Glock design, and I would rather choose a different gun entirely.

Yup. I don’t need a light trigger this badly.

Magsz
05-15-2022, 01:30 PM
I saw a post on the gram with a Glock with several thousand rounds through it and the housing cracked and split in several places. That is definitely something I'll be watching.

The Glock trigger housing, or the Timney, red anodized sear housing?

If its the Glock trigger housing then your guy probably torqued the retaining screw down too much.

If its the Timny sear housing...DERP? How? lol.

I have five of these triggers, all in gen 5 guns.

They have all been 100% reliable albeit 100% varied in trigger feel.

On some of my older guns with slide to frame slop, there is a pronounced hitch as the trigger bar rolls over the firing pin block plunger. During dry fire you notice this, during live fire you dont.

My G34.5 was my primary training gun. The Timney in that gun has 10K+nds on it without cleaning and the original light weight trigger return spring. Truthfully, I lost count on the ammo so who know's where its really sitting. That gun is a filthy mess of carbon and oil. Zero issues.

I have noticed that these don't play nice with some slide stops. The fit between the trigger bar and the slide stop can do two things.

1. It can retard the reset.

2. It can degrade trigger feel.

I went back to OEM stops to alleviate this issue.

Would I carry one of these triggers? Based upon my personal findings, yes IF I had to which I don't.

Mirolynmonbro
05-15-2022, 07:10 PM
Here is the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdWTzK1OlbR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

pi3
12-18-2023, 11:01 PM
Oh, certainly. The fact that it negates the use of a gadget eliminates that possibility, for me, on it's own. It is purely academic and because I won it in a karma here so I may as well give it a fair shake.

The changes to the trigger characteristics (lack of takeup and very short reset) relegate it to owb only and more than likely it will be pulled after a single session and moved along for someone else to do the same.

But I'm curious like a cat.

I had a Timney enhanced feel trigger shoe installed on a G34.5. The gadget works fine but sticks out a very small amount when chambered. Goes flush when not cocked. Was it installed incorrectly? I assumed it would have no effect on the gadget. Just put 130 rounds thru it without issues. Mainly just wnated a wider trigger safety. It would be a sd gun. This may be off topic a bit.

backtrail540
12-19-2023, 07:01 PM
I had a Timney enhanced feel trigger shoe installed on a G34.5. The gadget works fine but sticks out a very small amount when chambered. Goes flush when not cocked. Was it installed incorrectly? I assumed it would have no effect on the gadget. Just put 130 rounds thru it without issues. Mainly just wnated a wider trigger safety. It would be a sd gun. This may be off topic a bit.

Just the shoe may not make a difference but if you install the whole timney trigger then it converts your gun to a fully cocked striker, and thus the gadget will be fully tensioned and at its most rearward travel.

pi3
12-19-2023, 08:11 PM
Just the shoe may not make a difference but if you install the whole timney trigger then it converts your gun to a fully cocked striker, and thus the gadget will be fully tensioned and at its most rearward travel.

That is why i did the shoe only. I didn't get a glock until
the scd became available.