PDA

View Full Version : Any Issues with the Glock 26?? ( gen 2-3)

Prdator
03-18-2011, 09:31 PM
With all the issues being raised with the Gen 4 9mm's and the "smoking gun" being the dual recoil spring.
I want to know if you have had issues with your G26?? as it uses a dual recoil spring.

I have a 3rd gen G26 and have had no issues with it.

Thoughts?

willowofwisp
03-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I have been running a third gen glock 26 since October of last year, the gun has seen over 2k rounds and has been ran in the rain and snow..its even been dropped in the snow a few times too, gun has yet to be cleaned also.

The 26 is probably one of my most favorite guns of all time, once I get Ben @ boresight solutions to work over the grip I think it will be perfect.

Pennzoil
03-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I have two 26's and a 27 which was my first handgun. My 27 and 26 are Gen 2.5 from 1998 and 1999 which have never had and issue ran great. My 27 was my carry gun for 8 years. I can not remember it ever jamming on me even with recalled recoil spring or running a 9mm conversion barrel only using a g26 magazine leaving the rest 40 cal parts.

I've been having issues with a new Gen 3 26 I got in January this year (PXU born date 10/10). It came with the firing pin channel and extractor channel soaked with light oil to where it was dripping out around the plunger. Then had issue with not returning to battery I listed in the reliability thread.

Gun: Glock 26 Gen3
Setting:2,000rd challenge / drills
How did it fail: multiple failures to return to battery
What was the remedy: New recoil spring
Was it your pistol or someone else's: Mine

Notes:
Bought this NIB to move into carry role and put my Glock 26 Gen2.5 into training/back- up role. Got 1100rds into the challenge and pistol would not fully return to battery on it's own power. Cleaned/inspected to find recoil spring felt extremely light. Replaced recoil spring gun is running fine now.

Another thing I noticed is the finish on this gun is about the worst I've seen. I have enough glocks to have all the different finishes but this 26 which doesn't have many rounds on it looks worst then my primary Glock 19 that gets @800rds a month doing drills and used for dry fire practice. Don't really care about finish but still don't want it to look like crap with very little use.

Worst of all my shooting group is mainly me and two other guys for last decade. Two of us are all Glock with about 20 between the two of us built up over the years that have been great. We all got new guns around same time and only 1 is running good. Glock 19 gen4, RIA 9mm 1911 and my Gen 3 26 guess which one is still running ok and how much me and the other Glock guy hear about it CONSTANTLY:mad:.

I shot it a little this last week after posting in the reliability thread I decided to see how it was doing and it choked again. Not sure what I'll do with it now but will have to wait awhile with work being crazy, watching kids and two pistol classes the beginning of next month.

With all this said if I read this before I had my issue with this 26 I would assume the operator was a helmet wearing glass licker which probably isn't to far from the truth. I think I probably just got a rare lemon but my faith and my buddies is seriously shaken to say the least.

45R
03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
I have a Gen 3. About 500 rounds through the gun. I've been feeding it whatever ammo I can put through it. 200 rounds of various JHPs and another 300 of ball. Its had only one hicup due to ammo. Not a high round count but its running well.

Shellback
03-20-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm interested in hearing people's results with the 26 here. I've read a few threads on M4C where people have had great results with their G26. My primary interest being that I think this would be a great size for my wife due to wardrobe constraints and the size of the gun, she already likes shooting my G19.

MTechnik
03-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm interested in hearing people's results with the 26 here. I've read a few threads on M4C where people have had great results with their G26. My primary interest being that I think this would be a great size for my wife due to wardrobe constraints and the size of the gun, she already likes shooting my G19.

I hear they are bad for people that could limp wrist. I'd rent one for your wife and have her try a bunch to make sure she's gripping well enough.

Chuck Haggard
03-21-2011, 12:11 AM
We have over a hundred G26s at my job, all carried as off-duty or BUGs.

I have not seen a bad G26 yet. I know they may exist, and that it can happen, but my sample size makes me very comfortable with that gun as being highly reliable.

Super J
04-27-2011, 10:15 PM
No trouble with my gen 3 26. Not a lot of rounds down range...around 600 all without issue.

JHC
04-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Mine bought in Summer 2010 has run great but not an extremely high round count through it yet - about 600 rds.

VolGrad
04-28-2011, 06:13 AM
I hear they are bad for people that could limp wrist. I'd rent one for your wife and have her try a bunch to make sure she's gripping well enough.

This.

My wife prefers the larger 19 over the 26. She handles it better and is more accurate with it. Apparently, size does matter. :p

Laughingdog
04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I have a Gen 2 with 3407 rounds through it. I've had exactly one stoppage with it, and it was 100% caused by a bad round (cartridge didn't have a hole in the primer pocket, so the primer shoved back instead of igniting the gunpowder). I've shot several kinds of factory ammo, as well as a broad range of reloads.

One of the guys in the shooting club is a SWAT instructor for the local police department. He has over 50,000 rounds through his 2nd gen G26 (he said the exact count, but "over 50K" is all that stuck) without a single malfunction. He said the only thing he's changed in it is the recoil spring/guide rod at the 25k and 50k points.

IanS
05-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Just passed 4000 rounds in my Gen3 G26. Mostly various factory FMJ's and a couple hundred rounds of Winchester Ranger 147's. The more I shoot it the more I'm glad I went with the G26 instead of the G19. The abbreviated grip without grip extensions is one of the main reasons I like it.

Mitchell, Esq.
05-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I shot a Massad Ayoob class with it no problem.

Had one incident in that class in which the gun had what appeared to be a double charged load of ultramax ammo which put out a helacious BOOM and a burst of smoke that made people say "What the fuck?"...

When I ejected the mag, I thought it was on fire from the smoke billowing out of it...

Finished the class fine.

Al T.
05-16-2011, 09:42 AM
My issue with the G26/27 is the grip. I have an older one (G26) that is very reliable. But. When I fired a 50 round qualification, the point of the grip rested in the palm of my hand and beat me to death. I ended up with a bruised area.

I had a grip reduction done and the G26 is much more user friendly for me.

YMMV

baldie2u
03-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Gen3 G26 about 1 year old with around 2000 rounds through it. Primarily my wife's defence gun, two of my friends and myself have fired about 1000 of those rounds and we have not had a single issue I find the gun more accurate for me than my G19. My wife, however, averages 3 maybe 4 failures to fire in any ammo (not failure to ejects) every 50 rounds. She has got so depressed is thinking about switching to a Sig P238 in .380 and I can't blame her you must have confidence in what you carry if you carry! She can take my G19 and shoot it all day without a hitch. Normally, if you look at a spent Glock round you see the round striker impression surrounded by a fainter rectangle if you look at any of her failure to fires they are all identical just the round striker impression and NO surrounding rectangle. So it would appear to be a striker issue but what is causing it with her? I understand limp wristing and could accept that but surely once the gun is cocked and the striker is released you are no longer under 'limp wristing' conditions? That being said if that is true why do my male friends and myself have no probs, surely if there is an inherent mechanical fault it would effect all of us not just her!

BillB
03-04-2014, 04:57 PM
My latest G26 is a od frame gen 3 and like my last one it shoots great. I shoot it as well as my G17 and better than my G19

Nephrology
03-05-2014, 09:06 AM
I love my Gen3 G26. Mine is a ~2007 manufacture. I think they are highly underrated pistols. I find with the OEM +2 baseplates they make for a nice "bobtailed G19." Just slightly more concealable that it makes a difference for me in warmer weather, and 12+1 rds of 9mm is a comfortable number for me. Shoots very well.