PDA

View Full Version : New Magpul FDC-9

Seven_Sicks_Two
01-15-2021, 03:50 PM
https://www.recoilweb.com/magpul-fdc-9-164781.html

It looks like Magpul is actually getting their folding SMG/PCC thing into production in partnership with ZEV. I can remember being so hyped about this back in the day.

Edit: I wasn't really sure which sub-forum to put this in - my apologies in advance.

snow white
01-15-2021, 04:10 PM
As sombody who dislikes 90% of the PCCs out there i will absolutely be having this when it comes out. Way too cool.

HeavyDuty
01-15-2021, 07:01 PM
Do want, especially as I now live in a state that allows SBRs (IL didn’t unless you dove through some sketchy hoops.)

Tokarev
01-15-2021, 07:04 PM
Magpul says 2022 for release.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Lurk3r
01-15-2021, 07:50 PM
Magpul says 2022 for release.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

So will be restricted LE and Mil only, then?

Default.mp3
01-15-2021, 08:27 PM
How would you mount an RDS to that?

YVK
01-15-2021, 09:02 PM

Duct tape. The inside curvature of carry handle should mate nicely with a T2 laid sideways.

RJ
01-15-2021, 09:03 PM
Is this it?

https://youtu.be/TK_6x1Y533U

That is pretty cool.

ECVMatt
01-15-2021, 11:18 PM
This was so cool in 2008, but in 2021 not as cool as some of the other options for braced pistols. I just can't see running around the mall like RUN/DMC with that thing and not getting noticed.

Just me though......

snow white
01-15-2021, 11:26 PM
This was so cool in 2008, but in 2021 not as cool as some of the other options for braced pistols. I just can't see running around the mall like RUN/DMC with that thing and not getting noticed.

Just me though......

But....it folds. LOOK HOW IT FOLDS!

Caballoflaco
01-15-2021, 11:28 PM
But....it folds. LOOK HOW IT FOLDS!

That makes me nervous, because one of the only things that’s complete garbage that magpul makes is their Ak folding stock.

snow white
01-15-2021, 11:28 PM

Offset irons or dot i guess? From the picture dont know if it even comes with irons.

Caballoflaco
01-15-2021, 11:30 PM
Offset irons or dot i guess? From the picture dont know if it even comes with irons.

It’s the tiny bumps that are molded into the inside of the charging handle. I don’t know where you could put a rail since the carry handle is plastic.

GearFondler
01-15-2021, 11:33 PM
Doesn't need sights... Just unfolding it scares away the goblins.

ECVMatt
01-15-2021, 11:35 PM
That makes me nervous, because one of the only things that’s complete garbage that magpul makes is their Ak folding stock.

I mean dear God, didn't we get enough of this poppycock with the folding Glock?

Willard
01-15-2021, 11:52 PM
Never Mind

rob_s
01-16-2021, 06:23 AM
Is this it?

https://youtu.be/TK_6x1Y533U

That is pretty cool.

This is the full video that’s playing on the Mac. It occurs to me that there are probably more members here that have never seen it than those that have!

https://youtu.be/enzlTEysYVU

757_Magnum
01-16-2021, 10:58 AM

The carry handle should be detachable, so any standard pic rail mount should work.

I remember drooling over this when that video first came out. Has it really been that long? Now I've got mixed feelings about it.. I'll wait and see..

Pair this with a folding Glock, a Lifecard for backup, and a Cold Steel Tri Fold for the ultimate folding CCW setup.

HeavyDuty
01-16-2021, 11:31 AM
I mean dear God, didn't we get enough of this poppycock with the folding Glock?

Apples and cucumbers. The folding Glock got you a pistol, this gets you a SBR.

Hot Sauce
01-17-2021, 03:31 AM
Cool. One of my NYE resolutions is to get into LARPing. This'll definitely be the ticket.

Trigger
01-17-2021, 05:16 AM
I’m betting it will scare the piss out of the new administration because reasons and get specifically banned. Just like they got their panties in a wad because of a derringer shaped like a cellphone. I’m sour and pessimistic, my new norm. Get off my lawn.

GearFondler
01-17-2021, 03:58 PM
I’m betting it will scare the piss out of the new administration because reasons and get specifically banned. Just like they got their panties in a wad because of a derringer shaped like a cellphone. I’m sour and pessimistic, my new norm. Get off my lawn.Optimistically but still realistically, I could see the SBR version being allowed but not a braced version.

Hambo
01-17-2021, 04:09 PM
https://youtu.be/enzlTEysYVU

Where do they get these guys? "If you're getting the mail, taking the garbage out...it's a folding machine gun."

:rolleyes: Everybody knows PCC will get you killed in the street in front of your house on a violent mail run. Sling your AR like a man for those duties.

Seriously, where do they get these guys?

HeavyDuty
01-17-2021, 08:57 PM
Where do they get these guys? "If you're getting the mail, taking the garbage out...it's a folding machine gun."

:rolleyes: Everybody knows PCC will get you killed in the street in front of your house on a violent mail run. Sling your AR like a man for those duties.

Yeah, that was pretty cringeworthy.

rob_s
01-17-2021, 09:19 PM

Yeah, that was pretty cringeworthy.

Curious to know if either of you remember or saw this when the video first came out?

rcbusmc24
01-17-2021, 09:43 PM
After watching that video the desire to own one increases.... cringeworthy yes, Still..... I looooove stupid useless SMG type things.... Just look in my safes....

HeavyDuty
01-17-2021, 11:29 PM
Curious to know if either of you remember or saw this when the video first came out?

I do.

rob_s
01-18-2021, 05:13 AM
I do.

So then I’m surprised that you don’t see it for the humor it was meant to be.

Although I can’t forgive the chin strap beard... :p

HeavyDuty
01-18-2021, 09:13 AM
So then I’m surprised that you don’t see it for the humor it was meant to be.

Although I can’t forgive the chin strap beard... :p

It’s a little too subtle for me. I see derp.

98z28
01-18-2021, 10:22 AM
It’s a little too subtle for me. I see derp.

You know, I think that speaks more to the pervasiveness of online derp today compared to 2008. I don’t remember being confused when the video came out. I looked at it sideways just now, though. Today, unless I know the source, my default assumption for any content is derp - especially when it includes poor facial hair choices.

Around 2008, I recall any derpiness getting plenty of attention from knowledgeable folks and everyone having a good laugh. Not so much today. Perhaps it is because of the volume of online content compared to 2008. M4c and 10-8 had plenty of knowledgeable folks and the signal-to-noise ratio was manageable for anyone looking to learn. Wasn’t Pistol-training.com launched around 2007? Perhaps I’m getting old and curmudgeonly, but I think of that time as something of a peak in quality online content. There were some fantastic trainers putting out content, and it seemed easy to separate the wheat from the chaff. As a young cop looking to get better, I was thankful for quality content available outside of my agency’s dogma. No doubt there is more quality content out there today, but there are so many more cool-looking derps attracting followers. I couldn’t imagine navigating the waters as a new shooter today. Who knows what crap I’d end up treating as gospel...