PDA

View Full Version : Ranges that allow drawing from the holster/fast shots in N GA

NMBigfoot02
07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Title pretty much says it all. I've got a range down the road here in Braselton, GA, but the rules forbid shots faster than 1 per 3 sec and no draws from a holster. Any suggestions close to the south Hall/north Gwinnett area?

Jason F
07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Unfortunatley Trigger Time has a no-no policy on drawing from holsters. Nice range, good folks... but alas, their rules kinda stink. But they are THEIR rules and we are supposed to abide by them.

I've had good luck at Dead Center Range on Buford Highway just north of the Mall of GA allowing me to draw from a holster. I've also had the blessings for holster work at Bullseye in Lawrenceville, and at Sandy Spring Gun Club & Range which now owns the very recently reopened Norcross Gun Club (formerly known as American Classic Marksmen)- so I would assume they'd let you work from the holster at NGC as well. Assumption all mine though...

What about Cherokee Gun Club?

NMBigfoot02
07-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Unfortunatley Trigger Time has a no-no policy on drawing from holsters. Nice range, good folks... but alas, their rules kinda stink. But they are THEIR rules and we are supposed to abide by them.

I've had good luck at Dead Center Range on Buford Highway just north of the Mall of GA allowing me to draw from a holster. I've also had the blessings for holster work at Bullseye in Lawrenceville, and at Sandy Spring Gun Club & Range which now owns the very recently reopened Norcross Gun Club (formerly known as American Classic Marksmen)- so I would assume they'd let you work from the holster at NGC as well. Assumption all mine though...

What about Cherokee Gun Club?

Yeah Trigger Time was the one I was referring to above. It sucks because I live literally less than 5 min away.

I'll look into Dead Center since it's on the way home from work. Bullseye is a bit out of my way to use regularly, and last time I was there it was in less than stellar condition. I was under the impression that Cherokee in Gainesville was a private shooting range. Has that changed?

Jason F
07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
re: Bullseye
Yep, that's the place. Dingy, poor air & light. Overrun with idiots and punks.... but CHEAP and literally 4 miles door-to-door from my home. Ugh. I try not to go there often, but I do find myself there for quickie "get an hour in while the kids are napping" type of range trips.

re: Cherokee Gun Club
Yep, still private. I've never been there (but it seems very similar in setup to SouthRiver which I've been to a number of times for training classes). I just knew it was in the area and thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.

Joining a club is on my short list of things to do in a few years when my boys are old enough to start making range trips in to "family events".

NMBigfoot02
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the help. I will give Dead Center a go.