PDA

View Full Version : HK45 LEM Conversion Kit

Robert Mitchum
07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
5.5 Lb. LEM Kit.
I have the HK-45 DA/SA
I am thinking of doing the Conversion kit.
Is there anything I can do to knock off a few pounds on the DA and keep what I allready have ?
Thanks for any info !!!

Serpico1985
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Your DA/SA HK45 already has the lighter hammer spring (compared to the LEM kit) and lighter trigger return spring installed. The only other spring that would affect trigger pull weight is the firing pin block spring. The sear spring affects the trigger pull but if I'm not mistaken only the characteristic of the trigger pull, not the weight. HKparts advertises the "New light style firing pin block spring" (http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Firing-Pin-Block-Spring-New-Style-Light-212p1955.htm). I'm not sure which firing pin block spring the HK45 DA/SA comes standard with though.

If your looking to remove pounds of the DA pull I'm not sure there is a whole lot you could do other than a professional trigger job like GGI (http://grayguns.com/gunsmith-services/heckler-koch-pistols/) offers (which when you factor in shipping both ways it is almost ridiculously expensive). I've seen reviews from folks who have gotten the GGI trigger jobs say that it reduced the DA trigger to about 7lbs and the SA to about 3.5lbs.

Other than that some TW25b grease applied to the action and lots of dry fire may take a pound or so off.

Robert Mitchum
07-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks for posting !!
I am not big on spending that much more on this pistol.
At this point for me I like a Striker Fire over a Hammer Fire Pistol for carry.
If I had to do over I would have gotten the light lem...
If I did not like the pistol so much I would sell it but in single action at 25 & 50 yards it is a joy to shoot.

SGT_Calle
07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I just did this conversion on my HK45C and retained two of the original springs rather than the ones from the kit. I'm not knowledgable enough to say for certain it made a difference but I followed some instructions a guy from the HK forum put on YouTube. He stated that this change made it a 4.5# instead of the 5.5#. My non-scientific opinion is that I like it a lot, lol.
I don't even really know that the same would apply to your full size. If you google HK45c LEM conversion you'll see the videos, I wanna say its a five video series.

Robert Mitchum
07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
I just did this conversion on my HK45C and retained two of the original springs rather than the ones from the kit. I'm not knowledgable enough to say for certain it made a difference but I followed some instructions a guy from the HK forum put on YouTube. He stated that this change made it a 4.5# instead of the 5.5#. My non-scientific opinion is that I like it a lot, lol.
I don't even really know that the same would apply to your full size. If you google HK45c LEM conversion you'll see the videos, I wanna say its a five video series.

Thanks I will check them out.....