PDA

View Full Version : USBP Intercepts 3 SUV's carrying sixty-eight people

Wendell
12-20-2020, 07:04 PM
Border Patrol agents in East County San Diego arrested 19 people during a three-vehicle, drive-through attempt early Sunday morning.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/usbp-intercepts-3-vehicles-arrests-19-during-drive-thru-attempt

TCB
12-20-2020, 09:09 PM
Only 19? In a Yukon!!! They must have paid extra for that.

Borderland
12-20-2020, 09:36 PM
I thought we built a wall to keep this from happening. They actually crossed into the US on a road where there were no CBP agents?

Totem Polar
12-20-2020, 09:41 PM
Late model SUVs, eh.

#EdCalderonisright (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=EdCalderonisright)

TCB
12-20-2020, 09:41 PM
There are tons of areas where there is no physical barrier. Fewer now that the current expansion President Trump pushed through is being built, but still many...many miles of nothing or nothing more than triple strand barbed wire.

tadawson
12-21-2020, 01:14 PM
I thought we built a wall to keep this from happening. They actually crossed into the US on a road where there were no CBP agents?

Reread the article! This shows exactly why we need the wall! This gaggle roared in where it did not exist. . . .

Rick R
12-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Well they obviously weren’t practicing “Social Distancing”. Sounds like a good reason for them to self quarantine at home.

TheNewbie
12-21-2020, 01:41 PM
There are tons of areas where there is no physical barrier. Fewer now that the current expansion President Trump pushed through is being built, but still many...many miles of nothing or nothing more than triple strand barbed wire.

I almost got stuck in an arroyo right next to the border. Alone, in about 100+ degree weather and probably several miles walking distance, at best, from any help.

Sometimes I surprise myself with my own levels of stupidity. What I thought was a turn around was an arroyo!

The remote areas of the border still impress me. I’m not surprised at all that people go missing when trying to cross.

trailrunner
12-21-2020, 02:01 PM
I lived for a while in east San Diego county (Alpine), and I used to spend a lot of time in that area with my Jeep when I lived there. Driving around the backroads, or down the escarpment on I-8 near Jacumba, descending into the Imperial Valley, you are struck by two things: how incredibly rugged that area is, and how incredibly vast that area is. Building a wall sounds great, and anything is feasible with enough money, but that would be an incredibly massive project.