PDA

View Full Version : Anyone handled a K6s DASA? A question about site picture...

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-19-2020, 09:56 AM
Only seen pics of the DASA K6s, and although it's hard to tell, it looks like the rather high spur might interfere with sight picture. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

SCCY Marshal
12-19-2020, 10:30 AM
I can only speak to the guns with adjustable sights but the hammer spur is well out of the way. This is also true of the non-adjustable replacement for the target rear.

Zeke38
12-19-2020, 11:56 AM
Wingate, I have a 3" DA/SA and the hammer does NOT block the rear sight whether stroking a DA shot or releasing a SA shot. I like my DA/SA a bunch, and I spent a year with the Smith 640Pro, new Colt Cobra and a K6s DA. I kept the K6s DA and sold the Smith and the Colt. I then purchased a 3" DA/SA. It serves many purposes well. A six shot DA the size of a 3" J frame with great utilitarian sights. I have the new Hogue rubber grip and it tames 357 pretty well.

https://i.imgur.com/GKrhAZC.jpg

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-19-2020, 12:30 PM
Wingate, I have a 3" DA/SA and the hammer does NOT block the rear sight whether stroking a DA shot or releasing a SA shot. I like my DA/SA a bunch, and I spent a year with the Smith 640Pro, new Colt Cobra and a K6s DA. I kept the K6s DA and sold the Smith and the Colt. I then purchased a 3" DA/SA. It serves many purposes well. A six shot DA the size of a 3" J frame with great utilitarian sights. I have the new Hogue rubber grip and it tames 357 pretty well.That about covers it -- thank you. Doesn't block stroking DA or releasing SA, but how about when the hammer's at rest like it is in the picture -- such as when lining up a DA but not stroking the trigger? No obstructed view of the rear sight?

Zeke38
12-19-2020, 07:29 PM
To specifically answer that I gripped the weapon in my Weaver stance and I could see the top of the hammer spur just below the bottom of the rear notch of the K6 rear sight. As soon as trigger pressure is applied in DA the hammer falls down and back and out of the way. Single action it is just down and away. This gun and every K6 I've handled and I sold them for a year when I worked in a gun store, has a better trigger than any J frame Smith and the vast majority of K frames. And I love K frames but prefer to carry a smaller revolver.

If you spring for one or not, Merry Christmas!

Wingate's Hairbrush
12-19-2020, 08:52 PM
To specifically answer that I gripped the weapon in my Weaver stance and I could see the top of the hammer spur just below the bottom of the rear notch of the K6 rear sight. As soon as trigger pressure is applied in DA the hammer falls down and back and out of the way. Single action it is just down and away. This gun and every K6 I've handled and I sold them for a year when I worked in a gun store, has a better trigger than any J frame Smith and the vast majority of K frames. And I love K frames but prefer to carry a smaller revolver.

If you spring for one or not, Merry Christmas!Many thanks for double-checking that -- sounds close but clear sight picture at rest confirmed.

I agree on the K6s, the one I handled had the best stock trigger I've ever felt on a factory revolver, and I'm a dyed-in-the-wool S&W shooter. Very impressive piece.