PDA

View Full Version : Best current compensator options for Glocks

pastaslinger
12-18-2020, 12:57 PM
I am trying to make a Roland Special type build sans the magwell but I cannot decide on which compensator to go with. My first thought was the obvious, a KKM barrel and 4 port comp but I am now wondering about the PMM JTTC though I am not keen on the increased price and the uncertainty of being able to use a suppressor with that barrel if I ever wanted to go that route. Also, it nothing else, I know the KKM is going to likely give me a bit more accuracy based on another KKM barrel I have and numerous reports of their quality.

Any thoughts? Am I missing other comps here that should be mentioned like the Mayhem Syndicate, Agency, or ZEV options?

I guess I can add that these would end up being used in G34 AIWB and safariland OWB holsters

pastaslinger
12-18-2020, 02:10 PM
So upon more reading it sounds like the KKM barrel and comp actually use a different thread pitch from the rest of their barrels so the suppressor question is a moot point

Duke
12-18-2020, 02:32 PM
If want a comped gun the kkm is best and flattest.

But my edm ported Zev 19 tracks flatter, feels softer and it’s stock slide length if that matters for you.

RAM Engineer
12-18-2020, 03:03 PM

But my edm ported Zev 19 tracks flatter, feels softer and it’s stock slide length if that matters for you.

Is this similar to a factory ported/comped Glock?

Wake27
12-18-2020, 03:06 PM
KKM was used for this gun for a reason. I debated for a long time before I settled on KKM and now wonder why I ever considered anything else. Yes, they use a different thread pitch. That’s because it allows the comp to sit closer to the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastaslinger
12-18-2020, 03:52 PM

I already have an RMR milled slide that doesn't have any porting so was going to go with a barrel and comp. I see the added length as a bit of a plus anyways.

KKM was used for this gun for a reason. I debated for a long time before I settled on KKM and now wonder why I ever considered anything else. Yes, they use a different thread pitch. That’s because it allows the comp to sit closer to the slide.

With the newish PMM JTTC I wonder if there's a little higher margin for reliability with weaker ammo when using stock RSA's since it lacks the side ports. I do also find it more aesthetically appealing. That price is a big turnoff though when the tried and true KKM combo is around $100 less.

Duke
12-18-2020, 06:23 PM
Is this similar to a factory ported/comped Glock?

zaitcev
12-18-2020, 07:11 PM
There's a company called "Nevada Something" - maybe Nevada Armaments or Nevada Precision. They make island barrels and slides for Glock. Looks sick and the exhaust does not get trapped inside the slide. I was wondering if anyone tried those.

theJanitor
12-18-2020, 07:20 PM
I can't compare, but I'm running a PMM and I haven't had to tweak anything, regardless of ammo. My brother's Roland Special had to change a spring when shooting 115gr range ammo. We both use the Hornady critical duty FBI load for SD ammo

Duke
12-18-2020, 07:31 PM
I can't compare, but I'm running a PMM and I haven't had to tweak anything, regardless of ammo. My brother's Roland Special had to change a spring when shooting 115gr range ammo. We both use the Hornady critical duty FBI load for SD ammo

I dropped the spring rates down to because nose dive/pogo is as bad a excess muzzle rise imo

15lb recoil/4lb striker on the kkms

13lb/4lb for the ported gun

GJM
12-18-2020, 08:09 PM
Will a Glock 19/45 with a KKM Roland barrel fit in a Safariland RDS ALS holster?

Default.mp3
12-18-2020, 08:21 PM
In terms of mounting, I have found the Zev Pro Comp V2's method to be superior to the set screw with thread locker methodology that I've used with the HKParts Micro Comp and Arc Sparc.

Duke
12-18-2020, 09:05 PM
Will a Glock 19/45 with a KKM Roland barrel fit in a Safariland RDS ALS holster?

If it’s a light model for a 34 then yes

JSGlock34
12-18-2020, 09:42 PM

Yes, I use this exact Roland configuration in a 6354DO-6832 (G34 w/X300U holster).

MGW
12-18-2020, 11:13 PM

It’ll fit in a JM custom for a 34.

LOKNLOD
12-18-2020, 11:33 PM
because nose dive/pogo is as bad a excess muzzle rise imo

Worse. I'd rather it rise a little more and settle back, than dip at the end and need to be brought back up. I want to fight the gun in one direction, not two.

GJM
12-19-2020, 08:20 AM
On GB, I see some Glock 45 MOS pistols with what appears to be a factory threaded barrel. Could you add a compensator to that in lieu of buying a whole KKM barrel and compensator?

Hstanton1
12-19-2020, 09:30 AM
On GB, I see some Glock 45 MOS pistols with what appears to be a factory threaded barrel. Could you add a compensator to that in lieu of buying a whole KKM barrel and compensator?

I’m not sure if KKM makes a comp that will fit an OEM threaded barrel, I know PMM started making one though.

CDFIII
12-19-2020, 10:25 AM

Glock’s factory threaded G45 barrels threads are longer than most aftermarket ones. I have tried the PMM and Volker Precision comps. Neither will thread the comps close enough to slide. Just my experience and had to order an aftermarket barrel.

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 11:14 AM
On GB, I see some Glock 45 MOS pistols with what appears to be a factory threaded barrel. Could you add a compensator to that in lieu of buying a whole KKM barrel and compensator?From the KKM site...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201219/de81186fed0dc8da80b8b4ec29d6a8e9.jpg

Most aftermarket barrels use 1/2x28 and won't work with the KKM. I don't know what Glock uses but someone here will know.

JSGlock34
12-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Most aftermarket barrels use 1/2x28 and won't work with the KKM. I don't know what Glock uses but someone here will know.

Glock uses a metric 13.5mmx1 LH pitch.

I'd just get the KKM. Besides the pitch differences, the KKM barrel's threaded area is machined flat on the sides to mate with the set screws that keep the compensator in place.

Bergeron
12-19-2020, 12:15 PM
I’ve got a pair of 19.4 guns with the KKM, and having experienced them, I’m quite happy and do not feel a need to try other designs.

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 12:18 PM
Glock uses a metric 13.5mmx1 LH pitch.

I'd just get the KKM. Besides the pitch differences, the KKM barrel's threaded area is machined flat on the sides to mate with the set screws that keep the compensator in place.And the KKM screws are large enough to actually do their job plus not strip out when you tighten them down.

Duke
12-19-2020, 01:54 PM
And the KKM screws are large enough to actually do their job plus not strip out when you tighten them down.

Concur

Use blue loctite in the threads too and consider it a semi perm install

7,440 rounds. This one hasn’t moved

pastaslinger
12-19-2020, 02:29 PM
Concur

Use blue loctite in the threads too and consider it a semi perm install

7,440 rounds. This one hasn’t moved

What RSA is in this?

In general what is everyone running for recoil springs? Any difference with and without the x300u? My last minute hesitation is that I don't want to suddenly make a reliable gun conditionally reliable only for certain ammo, and I also often carry without a WML but also carry with one.

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Stock RSA in mine and while it's a new build with less than 500 rds down the pipe it hasn't choked yet... HST 124 +P, Am Eagle 124 ball, Federal 115 ball.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201219/8136b547e68508581878662a76dce352.jpg

JSGlock34
12-19-2020, 02:44 PM
This is my second Roland build; I had previously sent a GEN4 to ATEi but eventually moved on from it. I revisited the concept with a G45 MOS and this has become my favorite pistol. In my experience, these run very well with Federal ammunition; I've found the comp doesn't like weaker Blazer ammunition (whether Blazer Brass or the aluminum cased stuff). I've vetted it with G2 for carry (though eventually I'd like to try it with some 135gr. +P Hornady Critical Duty). I use a stock RSA; I've run it often without the WML and haven't noticed a difference.
Glock 45 MOS, KKM Barrel and Compensator, Trijicon RM06 RMR Type 2, Forward Controls Design OPF-G RMR plate, Ameriglo GL506 BUIS, Surefire X300U-A weapon light

Duke
12-19-2020, 03:09 PM
What RSA is in this?

In general what is everyone running for recoil springs? Any difference with and without the x300u? My last minute hesitation is that I don't want to suddenly make a reliable gun conditionally reliable only for certain ammo, and I also often carry without a WML but also carry with one.

15lb flat wire (gen 3 style) on a steel rod. with a 4lb striker spring

The reliability issues are overblown. You just have to balance recoil springs and striker springs.

It works without the x300 but weaponlight are mandatory so.

I’ve had exactly one light strike. It’s no factor.

With a stock RSA it tracks down in recoil. Yuck....

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 04:33 PM
15lb flat wire (gen 3 style) on a steel rod. with a 4lb striker spring

The reliability issues are overblown. You just have to balance recoil springs and striker springs.

It works without the x300 but weaponlight are mandatory so.

I’ve had exactly one light strike. It’s no factor.

With a stock RSA it tracks down in recoil. Yuck....

Regarding the lighter RSA's that many use in a Roland.... What about the whole Return To Battery test? The one where you point the empty pistol skyward, pin the trigger back, and then slowly cycle the slide to see if it will return fully to battery. And if it doesn't then the recoil spring is too weak and may cause out of battery ignitions.
My two comped G19's will only pass that test with stock RSA's... Even a 16lb spring will keep the slide from fully seating. Is this because I did not install a lower weight striker spring to compensate or am I missing other data?

Duke
12-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Regarding the lighter RSA's that many use in a Roland.... What about the whole Return To Battery test? The one where you point the empty pistol skyward, pin the trigger back, and then slowly cycle the slide to see if it will return fully to battery. And if it doesn't then the recoil spring is too weak and may cause out of battery ignitions.
My two comped G19's will only pass that test with stock RSA's... Even a 16lb spring will keep the slide from fully seating. Is this because I did not install a lower weight striker spring to compensate or am I missing other data?

Reduced power striker spring.

The slide doesn’t cycle slowly— it cycles very quickly. So slowly letting a slide go forward tests imo, absolutely nothing

Also - and I don’t mean this like it sounds -

When I want to know how my gun functions...I grab a bucket of ammo and go shoot it. I’ve found that a much cleaner test than standing in my living room pointing my gun up and holding back the trigger (2 actions that never crossed paths for me )

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Reduced power striker spring.

The slide doesn’t cycle slowly— it cycles very quickly. So slowly letting a slide go forward tests imo, absolutely nothing

Also - and I don’t mean this like it sounds -

When I want to know how my gun functions...I grab a bucket of ammo and go shoot it. I’ve found that a much cleaner test than standing in my living room pointing my gun up and holding back the trigger (2 actions that never crossed paths for me )I understand what, and how, you're saying it but I also wouldn't want to test a possible out of battery ignition on the range. I didn't invent that test but it seems to be widely accepted as a legit check for a weak/worn out RSA.
But I don't know what I don't know so I'll stick to the stock RSA since it still works with standard pressure loads.

Duke
12-19-2020, 06:45 PM
I understand what, and how, you're saying it but I also wouldn't want to test a possible out of battery ignition on the range. I didn't invent that test but it seems to be widely accepted as a legit check for a weak/worn out RSA.
But I don't know what I don't know so I'll stick to the stock RSA since it still works with standard pressure loads.

I don’t care what you do. And I can’t know how many rounds the proponents of this “test” go through in a year.

But. This wheelbarrow full of empties was fired exclusively through Guns with reduce power recoil spring utilizing the browning tilting barrel lock up system as found on many many Polymer pistols.

Zero of them......blew up.

pastaslinger
12-19-2020, 06:53 PM
I don’t care what you do. And I can’t know how many rounds the proponents of this “test” go through in a year.

But. This wheelbarrow full of empties was fired exclusively through Guns with reduce power recoil spring utilizing the browning tilting barrel lock up system as found on many many Polymer pistols.

That setup is getting me interested in just doing a ported barrel and getting a slide milled for a window cut or using a G34 slide.

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 06:58 PM

Zero of them......blew up.I'm not questioning your results or suggesting you're being dangerous. What I'd like to know is if the RSA Test I mentioned is actually legit or not, or if it's even something to worry about. Obviously many people run reduced power recoil springs in the RS and I don't see reports of blowed-up pew pews so it's not something I stress about... But I am curious to know more.

Duke
12-19-2020, 07:06 PM
That setup is getting me interested in just doing a ported barrel and getting a slide milled for a window cut or using a G34 slide.

I had one of those with a 10 port barrel.

It didn’t track as flat as I wanted it to. However my fat wierd hands need the Overwatch precision magwell on the length of a 19 grip to really lock in. With a full size my hands slide around. Too subjective for me to say if I’d build another

Duke
12-19-2020, 07:10 PM
I'm not questioning your results or suggesting you're being dangerous. What I'd like to know is if the RSA Test I mentioned is actually legit or not, or if it's even something to worry about. Obviously many people run reduced power recoil springs in the RS and I don't see reports of blowed-up pew pews so it's not something I stress about... But I am curious to know more.

I didn’t mean to seem rude

Crappy barrel lock up will manifest, in my experience, in sporadic accuracy variances rather than full kabooms.

Examples - with a 5” M&p core 2.0, with an RMR and an 11 pound spring it tracked like butter smooth but - at 100m you could put 5 of 6 on a C zone steel - the 6th round would often be 2 feet high and right. The next mag, first round would be off again by a foot with the next 5 hitting as they should.

Put a 13lb spring in and it was solved. Factory set up on those runs 18lbs so there’s a lot wiggle room Again no kabooms

And I get the to hell and back reliability thing too. For me I’m willing to trade the top %5 of fill it with mud cycling for 15-20% performance gain

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 07:14 PM
I didn’t mean to seem rude

Crappy barrel lock up will manifest, in my experience, in sporadic accuracy variances rather than full kabooms.

Examples - with a 5” M&p core 2.0, with an RMR and an 11 pound spring it tracked like butter smooth but - at 100m you could put 5 of 6 on a C zone steel - the 6th round would often be 2 feet high and right. The next mag, first round would be off again by a foot with the next 5 hitting as they should.

Put a 13lb spring in and it was solved. Again no kaboomsIt's all good. I appreciate your comments and experiences.... You're a much better shooter than I and you've experimented with a lot more pistols than I so I respect your opinions on this stuff.

Duke
12-19-2020, 07:33 PM
It's all good. I appreciate your comments and experiences.... You're a much better shooter than I and you've experimented with a lot more pistols than I so I respect your opinions on this stuff.

You’re too kind.

Just change the springs and start blasting lol. You’ll be shooting x rings around me in no time

pastaslinger
12-19-2020, 09:42 PM
I had one of those with a 10 port barrel.

It didn’t track as flat as I wanted it to. However my fat wierd hands need the Overwatch precision magwell on the length of a 19 grip to really lock in. With a full size my hands slide around. Too subjective for me to say if I’d build another

What make have you used for the ported barrels?

Duke
12-19-2020, 10:30 PM
What make have you used for the ported barrels?

Stock gen 5s edm ported to match holes in slides.

JCS
12-19-2020, 11:09 PM
For building a Roland is it better to get a slide milled or go with the MOS?

GearFondler
12-19-2020, 11:29 PM
For building a Roland is it better to get a slide milled or go with the MOS?
MOS is the easy and cheaper button but the RDS will sit higher, need a better-than-OEM mounting plate, and XL height irons. But that plate also means you can swap optic footprints in the future.
Milling is more hassle, more expense, and takes longer, but you get a superior final result... More solid mount, lower mount, and choice of irons forward or rear, but you're stuck with that footprint on that slide.
The third option is buying a pre-milled slide to use on whatever you have.

Lon
12-19-2020, 11:42 PM
I really like my Southwest Precision comp.

I’ve also got a Parker Mtn Machine comp but don’t have enough rounds thru it to have an opinion on its effectiveness yet.

Lon
12-19-2020, 11:43 PM

Shadow
12-20-2020, 06:30 AM

Duke I have a couple of slides with "windows" that I plan on sending out for barrel porting. Who ported your barrel? The front port seems a little close to the edge of the window, do you find that it bleeds gas under the slide as it cycles at all? One of the guns I plan on sending out is a 34 and due to the longer barrel and the length of time the bullet is in it I'm concerned a port that far forward would cause that to happen.

Trigger
12-20-2020, 07:26 AM
Deleted. Bad quote mech.

Trigger
12-20-2020, 07:27 AM

Duke, I’m going to tease you here.

The watch and the pistol are nice, but the $1 MILLION DOLLARS worth of spent brass in the wheelbarrow is really too much! #FlexingonthePoors

Duke
12-20-2020, 08:26 AM
Duke I have a couple of slides with "windows" that I plan on sending out for barrel porting. Who ported your barrel? The front port seems a little close to the edge of the window, do you find that it bleeds gas under the slide as it cycles at all? One of the guns I plan on sending out is a 34 and due to the longer barrel and the length of time the bullet is in it I'm concerned a port that far forward would cause that to happen.

I had kris fortney port this one. The port is close but he had to make it fit in the Zev window. 3,100 rounds thus far, no odd out comes. Pistol runs 100% - it needs a 13lb recoil spring though. The front sight gets filthy but that’s no Biggy

If you did a 34 on a stock window he usually does 8 ports in 2 rows

Google fortney ports and you’ll find him. Good dude

TCB
12-20-2020, 05:57 PM
Is there a Comp that brings a G45/19 size gun to a G17 size & does it do anything to increase performance?

GearFondler
12-20-2020, 07:11 PM
Is there a Comp that brings a G45/19 size gun to a G17 size & does it do anything to increase performance?Mayhem Syndicate for sure... I don't have personal experience with it but it gets high marks from owners.

Lon
12-20-2020, 07:20 PM
JodyH speaks highly of the Mayhem Syndicate. He’s posted pics in one of these threads.

Duke
12-20-2020, 08:10 PM
This is 300 Rounds of GSR.

Regarding the close hole to the front sight-

It was clean this morning... it gets dirty fast but no lead splinter, etc.

MGW
12-20-2020, 10:03 PM
I’m just getting started with this. Also just getting started with dots. G45, DPP, CHPWS Gen 4 plate, KKM barrel and comp, Apex trigger and connector, gadget. The beavertail is now a factory medium. I might try a large. As I stated in an earlier post it fits find in a JM custom competition holster. I need to pick up an MRDS appendix holster for a 34.

Yesterday 50 rounds of 124 Winchester NATO and 100 rounds of my reloads. Everything functioned fine. Reloads were stacking brass in a neat little pile about 8’ to my right. The NATO was louder and the slide cycled faster but other than that the pistol ran very flat. Reloads were like shooting a 22.

Like I said I’m very new to dots and not enough rounds to comment on the recoil spring yet. My index with the dot needs a lot of dryfire work. I’m absolutely loving this set up though. I spent time working one shot draws to a USPSA head box at 7 yards. Results were crazy small groups for me. I’ve shot a lot of SA over the last two years and I have some bad trigger control habits to correct. That being said snatchy trigger press were still in the head but about 3” under the box.

It’s probably a mistake to learn all this new stuff at once but the first range trip with it was a lot of fun. Sorry no range photos.

EVP
12-28-2020, 01:56 PM
This is my second Roland build; I had previously sent a GEN4 to ATEi but eventually moved on from it. I revisited the concept with a G45 MOS and this has become my favorite pistol. In my experience, these run very well with Federal ammunition; I've found the comp doesn't like weaker Blazer ammunition (whether Blazer Brass or the aluminum cased stuff). I've vetted it with G2 for carry (though eventually I'd like to try it with some 135gr. +P Hornady Critical Duty). I use a stock RSA; I've run it often without the WML and haven't noticed a difference.
Glock 45 MOS, KKM Barrel and Compensator, Trijicon RM06 RMR Type 2, Forward Controls Design OPF-G RMR plate, Ameriglo GL506 BUIS, Surefire X300U-A weapon light

Would love to hear your thoughts about it and what you like about it.

Lon
12-28-2020, 03:05 PM
Saw on IG the other day that Parker Mountain Machine will be coming up with a new line of micro comps for Glocks similar to what they show for the 320 here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJQzBrnLqsu/?igshid=nn5uwytnfidq

I’ll be very interested in the G26 and G19 versions when they're released.

jbrimlow
12-28-2020, 05:15 PM
This is 300 Rounds of GSR.

Regarding the close hole to the front sight-

It was clean this morning... it gets dirty fast but no lead splinter, etc.

Do you prefer that fortney ported glock to the ported M&P 2.0s?

JSGlock34
12-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Would love to hear your thoughts about it and what you like about it.

I'm happy to share more thoughts.

As I mentioned, I tried a GEN4 G19 based 'Roland Special' a few years back. This build was very faithful to the original Roland specs as discussed by Chuck Pressberg; KKM barrel, machining by ATEi, RCS magwell, etc. I enjoyed shooting it, but it always felt like a science project to me as opposed to a real service pistol - I don't think I was quite ready to commit to it. I hadn't quite committed to the MRDS at the time either. After a period it went to the back of the safe, and eventually I sold it to pursue other interests.

I learned quite a bit from that experience - the Roland was reliable though my sample preferred warmer ammunition (it didn't like Blazer Brass, but ate whatever Federal loads I fed it). The comp and the dot sight - the whole is greater than the sum of these parts - it's a complimentary relationship. The comp simply makes the gun track flatter, and the dot easier to find. It's a very soft shooting gun. I also learned that the 'press out' technique I was using with DA/SA guns wasn't a great match to dot sights - index is king with the dot. Conventional wisdom at the time was still that irons were faster - and that was reflected in my shooting.

Late last year I decided it was time to make a serious investment in learning to shoot a MRDS pistol. That decision was mostly driven by deteriorating eyesight - the front sight just isn't as crisp as it used to be, and neither is the target. I decided to switch from Production to Carry Optics (using a GEN5 G34MOS w/SRO) as well. Somewhere in there I picked up a G45MOS - my original thinking was that I didn't need the increased sight radius of a G17/G34 with a MRDS, but liked having the full size grip. And in the back of my head was that a G45MOS was a barrel away from practically being a factory Roland...personally I much prefer the G17 length grip and full size magazines with the GEN5 magwell over a G19 with the RCS Freya, and the front cocking serrations are now standard. The introduction of aftermarket mounting optic plates from CHPWS and later FCD also did a great deal to convince me that I didn't need the full ATEi treatment again. It wasn't long before I ordered the KKM.

COVID19 shut down my local range for several months, so I invested a lot in dry fire with the new Roland (mostly working from a Safariland ALS holster). Turns out pandemic induced dry fire practice makes for a great transition from irons to dot sights. I've spent a lot of time working on my index with this pistol. Just yesterday I managed a 4.51+.5(ALS)=5.01 FAST (clean) from this setup. I'm confident I can do better.

One last thing I really like about the Roland. It's a Glock. The price of entry (especially starting with a G45 MOS) is really just a barrel swap. And a return to stock configuration is as easy as field stripping the gun. Compared to my custom ATEi build, it's the same performance at half the price. I'll probably build a duplicate backup gun soon.

HCountyGuy
12-28-2020, 06:34 PM
I’m not sure if KKM makes a comp that will fit an OEM threaded barrel, I know PMM started making one though.

What compensator was this? Looking at their site I can't find anything about compatibility with OEM threaded barrels.

Blades
12-28-2020, 10:43 PM
Anyone seen this single port comp by Mac Defense?

https://i.imgur.com/OUlyugu.jpg

Shadow
12-29-2020, 09:19 AM

I've been using a Volker Precision comp on and off for a bit. After running roughly 2000 rounds through it I have to say it is effective at reducing recoil with a fairly low profile at the muzzle. I've run it with factory and lighter recoil spring set ups and experienced no issues either way. I like the reduced weight hanging off the end of the barrel (compared to heavier comps) that messes with the gun locking/unlocking during cycling. Hilton Yam did a good job going over the details and effectiveness of the comp in a video.

spyderco monkey
12-29-2020, 09:39 AM
There's a company called "Nevada Something" - maybe Nevada Armaments or Nevada Precision. They make island barrels and slides for Glock. Looks sick and the exhaust does not get trapped inside the slide. I was wondering if anyone tried those.

https://trinitynevada.com/product/grnd-zr0-complete-slide/

https://trinitynevada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Fig1.jpg

https://trinitynevada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Fig5.jpg

This review is pretty positive, but not much else out there. A friend of mine was considering buying one but decided to splash out for a fully comped 2011 instead, so no personal or local info about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_P1ooIWclI

And this clip of it firing 9mm Major @1400fps is pretty impressive in how flat it is:

https://www.facebook.com/trinitynv/videos/2531442793814184

23JAZ
12-29-2020, 08:27 PM
Anyone running a G19 with a PMM comp and barrel? About to order the set but would love to hear some firsthand feedback on the combo first.

JCN
03-04-2021, 11:55 PM
Bumping this up. I ordered a PMM comp as I really like the idea of a shim rather than a set screw for a comp.

Was thinking I would do a 357 Sig version of a Roland special that might work the comp better.

A 9mm comp would work for both 9mm and 357 Sig barrel threading.

Paul D
03-05-2021, 12:24 AM
I've been experimenting with overhauling my carry Glocks. Traditionally I had a G17 MOS with an RMR, a cut down of the OEM Glock beaver tail, Vickers slide stop, SCD, stock trigger with (-) connector. Now I am running a G45 with a Mayhem Syndicate comp, Apex trigger/connector, and 507C milled into the slide by Primary Machine, and of course the SCD. I definitely cut down my split times and and stay on target easier and still use all my old G17 holsters.

TCB
03-05-2021, 10:57 PM
That MS comp is the one that is holding my interest...what types of ammo have you used with it. I’m really curious if it does anything when lower powered training rounds are used or if it needs hot duty type loads to see a benefit? Read: is it a waist of $ if I’m using it with my reloads (getting 136 PF with a 147gr projectile)? Because I’m not going to be running factory ammo to train and especially not spicy duty rounds.

Paul D
03-05-2021, 11:19 PM
That MS comp is the one that is holding my interest...what types of ammo have you used with it. I’m really curious if it does anything when lower powered training rounds are used or if it needs hot duty type loads to see a benefit? Read: is it a waist of $ if I’m using it with my reloads (getting 136 PF with a 147gr projectile)? Because I’m not going to be running factory ammo to train and especially not spicy duty rounds.

I normally shoot 115 gr FMJ reloads (4.5 gr titegroup). With my old setup I would average 2.60-2.80 seconds on a Bill Drill from AIWB concealment. Now I am doing about 2.20-2.40. I don't compete so I don't know if that is important. However, I am much happier that my dot doesn't bounce as much with each shot. The only downside was the price and the lead time for them to make it (8-10 weeks).

HCM
03-05-2021, 11:23 PM
Anyone running a G19 with a PMM comp and barrel? About to order the set but would love to hear some firsthand feedback on the combo first.

karmapolice is running them on G19X's

YVK
03-06-2021, 12:08 AM
A 9mm comp would work for both 9mm and 357 Sig barrel threading.

Would it? I presume 1/2x 28? I've no idea, just curious. I am sitting on almost 2k rounds of .357 and no gun for it. Was thinking a Gen 5 .40SW but KKM sounded like it would be near eternity before they made that bbl conversion.

JCN
03-06-2021, 08:03 AM
Would it? I presume 1/2x 28? I've no idea, just curious. I am sitting on almost 2k rounds of .357 and no gun for it. Was thinking a Gen 5 .40SW but KKM sounded like it would be near eternity before they made that bbl conversion.

Yes, from a threading standpoint.

Here is the same comp on a G19

And a G35 with 357 Sig barrel

Same threading for most 22LR and 5.56 barrels too. It’s the most versatile (I have suppressors that I move from caliber to caliber with the same piston/spacer).

JCN
03-06-2021, 08:42 AM
Since I have such firearm ADHD, I just get the cheaper and more available Alpha Wolf barrels to goof around with. They have a flat cut on the underside that helps keep set screws from wiggling.

YVK
03-06-2021, 03:23 PM
Yes, from a threading standpoint.

Here is the same comp on a G19

And a G35 with 357 Sig barrel

Thnx. I have remained skeptical if comps do much for 9 mm guns. I have said it here before, I wish someone made a non-ported weight to screw on a threaded barrel and run it against a real comp. That said, if those are interchangeable with .357, maybe I'll play with one.

dontshakepandas
03-06-2021, 03:50 PM
I normally shoot 115 gr FMJ reloads (4.5 gr titegroup). With my old setup I would average 2.60-2.80 seconds on a Bill Drill from AIWB concealment. Now I am doing about 2.20-2.40. I don't compete so I don't know if that is important. However, I am much happier that my dot doesn't bounce as much with each shot. The only downside was the price and the lead time for them to make it (8-10 weeks).

Have you had any issues with it causing malfunctions with factory 115 gr ammo?

Does it cause any snag issues with holsters since the front of the slide seems to bevel in further than the width of the comp?

Paul D
03-06-2021, 04:13 PM
Have you had any issues with it causing malfunctions with factory 115 gr ammo?

Does it cause any snag issues with holsters since the front of the slide seems to bevel in further than the width of the comp?

I have not shot factory ammo in it except for 124 grain +P Gold Dots (it works fine with this). My practice ammo has a muzzle velocity of about 1150-1180 fps (so close to AE 115 gr FMJ). I have only about 2000 rounds in it, and so far so good.

It does not snag, and the edges are radiused nicely. It is not much wider than the point of the beveled slide. See below.

dontshakepandas
03-06-2021, 04:15 PM
I have not shot factory ammo in it except for 124 grain +P Gold Dots (it works fine with this). My practice ammo has a muzzle velocity of about 1150-1180 fps (so close to AE 115 gr FMJ). I have only about 2000 rounds in it, and so far so good.

It does not snag, and the edges are radiused nicely. It is not much wider than the point the beveled slide. See below.

Thanks! I’ve been trying to find that exact angle for a while now.

I may have to give one of these a try.

JCN
03-06-2021, 04:34 PM
Thnx. I have remained skeptical if comps do much for 9 mm guns. I have said it here before, I wish someone made a non-ported weight to screw on a threaded barrel and run it against a real comp.

You mean like this? :D

Gemtech Aurora II suppressor, which has the distinction of being one of the smallest and lightest suppressors out there.
The important part is that it’s so light that it does not use a Nielsen (spring piston) device so it is the comparison you’re looking for.

If I wanted to be scientific, I’d remove the urethane wipes and just test it back to back with the empty housing as a rough equivalence to the comp.

I can do that next week with video if you like, but my impression is that comps do stuff. :D

It’s obviously a continuum. 9 major ammo is basically 357 Sig velocity in a smaller case. Hot 9mm +P+ is just a whiff slower and then down the continuum.

For some actual quantification, here is PMM testing their V1 and V2 comps.

https://youtu.be/bUY2bHTf8i8

They both have roughly the same weight and size. The V2 just has more holes. You can see quite a dramatic reduction in muzzle rise with the addition of the second hole testing normal factory 9mm.

I think it gives a good sense of how much (or little) a comp is doing for 9mm.

I have a MBX 9mm PCC suppressor and all the vents are on the top and that definitely makes a difference, even with gamer ammo. That’s why I was thinking a straight vertical comp would be best for 9mm. Like a magna-port or a C model Glock.

Super77
03-06-2021, 07:33 PM

I run one and I’m a fan. A guy at my USPSA club runs one quite a bit and never seems to have problems. Both gen5 FWIW.

Im looking forward to the 43X version.

23JAZ
03-07-2021, 06:56 AM
I run one and I’m a fan. A guy at my USPSA club runs one quite a bit and never seems to have problems. Both gen5 FWIW.

Im looking forward to the 43X version.
I’ve got about 500 rounds through it with the comp. No issues cycling from Tula to HST. Definitely on board for the 43X version.

NoTacTravis
03-07-2021, 08:33 AM
Thnx. I have remained skeptical if comps do much for 9 mm guns. I have said it here before, I wish someone made a non-ported weight to screw on a threaded barrel and run it against a real comp. That said, if those are interchangeable with .357, maybe I'll play with one.

Aren't the gen 3 Glock 17C and 19C pretty much the perfect factory example of this? There are videos around of them in mechanical rests that allow and measure the muzzle flip compared to a regular gen 3 g19/g17 side by side. If I'm remembering correctly there was something like a 30% reduction in muzzle rise with the "C" factory ported barrels barrels shooting box 9mm.

YVK
03-07-2021, 11:08 AM
Aren't the gen 3 Glock 17C and 19C pretty much the perfect factory example of this? There are videos around of them in mechanical rests that allow and measure the muzzle flip compared to a regular gen 3 g19/g17 side by side. If I'm remembering correctly there was something like a 30% reduction in muzzle rise with the "C" factory ported barrels barrels shooting box 9mm.

I am not very well versed in the subject but my understanding is that barrel porting bleeds off gases and reduces muzzle velocity by some %, hence reducing muzzle energy and momentum. So to me it looks like comparing two of the same pistols but one loaded with a softer ammo.

Separately: I do understand why people use mechanical rests for these tests but to me they don't tell much. What I want to know is not what those things do against no resistance but how much extra resistance on regular gun is needed to equalize both. In simpler words, if even a crappy grip is enough to overcome that 30% uninhibited rise difference then why bother. I very much prefer people running those on timers, even if that involves a human factor.

I can do that next week with video if you like, but my impression is that comps do stuff. :D

Bud, I'll take your word on this, no need to spend time and ammo on this.

I fully admit to having a low intensity bipolar attitude to comps on 9 mm. I've a very strong bias against them as a baseline attitude. Then Roland is the thing and I am thinking I should get one. Then a training buddy, strong M class, pokes his balls with one in AIWB while bending and takes it off in one week, proclaiming "they don't do much anyway", so I say screw it. Then Mayhem with small profile comes out, and Jody has like three of them, so I say maybe. Then CCforlife hits the GM and does well on the Nats with G26... The cycle never ends.
GJM and SteveB just made Mayhem people 800 bucks richer, so I guess I'll wait for their reports. Or ads in classifieds.

NoTacTravis
03-07-2021, 11:42 AM
I am not very well versed in the subject but my understanding is that barrel porting bleeds off gases and reduces muzzle velocity by some %, hence reducing muzzle energy and momentum. So to me it looks like comparing two of the same pistols but one loaded with a softer ammo.

I hadn't thought of that.

Looks like this guy ran a pretty comprehensive side by side chrono to test that.:
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-19-and-19c-velocity-comparison-4-different-loads.1499605/

Seemed to drop about ~2% or ~30fps on average across 4 loads tested.

GJM
03-07-2021, 11:48 AM
I hadn't thought of that.

Looks like this guy ran a pretty comprehensive side by side chrono to test that.:
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-19-and-19c-velocity-comparison-4-different-loads.1499605/

That is porting — doesn’t the comp extend beyond the “regular barrel length.” So what are velocities with the comp, comparing for example, a regular Glock 19 and a 19 with a Mayhem?

NoTacTravis
03-07-2021, 11:58 AM
That is porting — doesn’t the comp extend beyond the “regular barrel length.” So what are velocities with the comp, comparing for example, a regular Glock 19 and a 19 with a Mayhem?

True. With my post you quoted I was only attempting to address the drop in muzzle velocity coming from the porting that YVK mentioned.

For a porting vs. comp. direct comparison you can see this link: Although it is also imperfect in other ways.
https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/recoil-reduction-ports-vs-compensator/99220

Mainly the thrust of what I was chiming in on is the "do comps work for 9mm" part of the debate. From my reading it seems that they do indeed and that there are objective tests that seem to verify this. Whether or not people like them, wish to run them, or see them as useless for wimpy 9mm loads, in their more manly hands would seem to be a subjective matter.

YVK
03-07-2021, 12:31 PM

Looks like factory porting brings +P loads down to somewhere between +P and regular. Maybe we'll call it +/- P.

GearFondler
03-07-2021, 01:44 PM
It's a well established fact at this point that comps do make a difference. How much of a difference is a matter of comp design, gun used, ammo used, and the shooter.
"Is it worth it?" is probably only going to be answered on a case-by-case basis with each individual having to weigh the pros and cons in their own mind.
My own opinion is don't knock it till you try it, but I could also be guilty of invested bias.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210307/f5c0a8b03b93f92bc71ba3547d4050b5.jpg

JCN
03-07-2021, 01:54 PM
Separately: I do understand why people use mechanical rests for these tests but to me they don't tell much. What I want to know is not what those things do against no resistance but how much extra resistance on regular gun is needed to equalize both. In simpler words, if even a crappy grip is enough to overcome that 30% uninhibited rise difference then why bother. I very much prefer people running those on timers, even if that involves a human factor.

Bud, I'll take your word on this, no need to spend time and ammo on this.

I fully admit to having a low intensity bipolar attitude to comps on 9 mm. I've a very strong bias against them as a baseline attitude. Then Roland is the thing and I am thinking I should get one. Then a training buddy, strong M class, pokes his balls with one in AIWB while bending and takes it off in one week, proclaiming "they don't do much anyway", so I say screw it. Then Mayhem with small profile comes out, and Jody has like three of them, so I say maybe. Then CCforlife hits the GM and does well on the Nats with G26... The cycle never ends.

As a human, here's my impression.
A G19 shooting Speer Lawman with a comp feels like a G19 shooting gamer ammo.
It's noticeably softer shooting and easier to get back on target sooner, but that's the order of magnitude of difference in feel.

Not earth shattering, but definitely noticeable. The timing of them is weird and feels "artificial" to me. It seems like there's more complex stuff going on in tracking the dot visually with the comp, but I haven't spent time to fully tune RSA and other parameters to maximize them.

I don't run a comp on my open gun, FWIW. I won't ever use one for a real carry gun (too loud and blasty).

The interesting thing about CCforlife is that he has said that he knows and quantifies the hit he takes in performance using a G26 over a G34. So it's not like he thinks the G26 shoots better for him overall, it's that he chooses to not use it.

I feel the same way about comps. But I carry a P365. Can't say that I ever felt an urge to buy the SAS ported version.

JCN
03-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Okay, I kind of love this gun after shooting it today.

YVK
03-14-2021, 10:50 PM
I had a new experiences rich day today, like shooting LTT RDO, trying on a T1 holster and, you guessed it, shooting a Roland, KKM barrel etc. I had some 115 gr Lawman so it was hot enough. I do wish I had my G19 with a WML for better comparison but all I had was a G26. Even then, I could see that the comp did work.
Weak interest in Mayhem for G26 grew into a modest interest.

GJM
03-14-2021, 11:03 PM
As a human, here's my impression.
A G19 shooting Speer Lawman with a comp feels like a G19 shooting gamer ammo.
It's noticeably softer shooting and easier to get back on target sooner, but that's the order of magnitude of difference in feel.

Not earth shattering, but definitely noticeable. The timing of them is weird and feels "artificial" to me. It seems like there's more complex stuff going on in tracking the dot visually with the comp, but I haven't spent time to fully tune RSA and other parameters to maximize them.

I don't run a comp on my open gun, FWIW. I won't ever use one for a real carry gun (too loud and blasty).

The interesting thing about CCforlife is that he has said that he knows and quantifies the hit he takes in performance using a G26 over a G34. So it's not like he thinks the G26 shoots better for him overall, it's that he chooses to not use it.

I feel the same way about comps. But I carry a P365. Can't say that I ever felt an urge to buy the SAS ported version.

There are times loud and blasty can be a good thing.

HCM
03-15-2021, 12:18 AM
There are times loud and blasty can be a good thing.

https://ia800301.us.archive.org/15/items/Mindwebs_230/Mindwebs-820804__TheGunWithoutABang.mp3

rayrevolver
03-15-2021, 06:49 AM
Someone linked to this on a 2011 forum but no reason you can't do it on a Glock.

Its called the Chunk Port, although there is some argument as to whether its a Comp or a bigass Port.

Hmmm... if you have a mill laying around you could DIY. I kid but maybe with some refinement this could be an viable option.

https://cuttermachineworks.com/product/chunk-port/

https://cuttermachineworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Chunk_Port_3-scaled.jpg

https://cuttermachineworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Chunk_Port_5-scaled.jpg

YVK
03-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Okay, I kind of love this gun after shooting it today.

So, I got a question for ya on this setup. By the looks of it, this is a PMM with a Gen 5 slide. The rear of a comp is contoured so bevels of a slide mate in for a nice fit. I dig the look.
What would happen if comp turned a little off a perfect vertical orientation? Could that contoured surface prevent slide from going into a full battery?

JCN
03-23-2021, 02:43 PM
So, I got a question for ya on this setup. By the looks of it, this is a PMM with a Gen 5 slide. The rear of a comp is contoured so bevels of a slide mate in for a nice fit. I dig the look.
What would happen if comp turned a little off a perfect vertical orientation? Could that contoured surface prevent slide from going into a full battery?

It’s a PMM on a Gen5 slide with a Gen 4 backplate on a Gen 4 compatible Shadow Systems MR920 frame...

That way it points like a CZ for me and it’s seamless to go back between this and my competition guns.

The PMM is a self-orienting comp captured on the RSA. Plus there is a little gap / clearance so it wouldn’t interfere.

There’s an installation video on PMMs site.

Here’s a screen cap. The comp is captured in the dust cover and on the RSA.

JSGlock34
03-23-2021, 05:09 PM
I guess ZEV has its proponents...

The War Zone: Top U.S. General In Afghanistan Is Carrying A Heavily-Modified Glock With A Compensator Attached (https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39894/top-u-s-general-in-afghanistan-is-carrying-a-heavily-modified-glock-with-a-compensator-attached)
https://www.thedrive.com/content/2021/03/Glock-General-Miller.jpg

YVK
03-23-2021, 05:57 PM
That way it points like a CZ for me and it’s seamless to go back between this and my competition guns.

The PMM is a self-orienting comp captured on the RSA. Plus there is a little gap / clearance so it wouldn’t interfere.

Boresight Razorback is my solution to make Glock and CZ point similarly.

Tnx, I figured there must've been something to prevent interference.

I guess ZEV has its proponents...

The War Zone: Top U.S. General In Afghanistan Is Carrying A Heavily-Modified Glock With A Compensator Attached (https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/39894/top-u-s-general-in-afghanistan-is-carrying-a-heavily-modified-glock-with-a-compensator-attached)
https://www.thedrive.com/content/2021/03/Glock-General-Miller.jpg

GJM sent this article to me this morning and I replied that Gen. Miller just sold a lot of ZEV comps. My understanding is that one is easiest to remove.

JCN
03-23-2021, 07:36 PM

GJM sent this article to me this morning and I replied that Gen. Miller just sold a lot of ZEV comps. My understanding is that one is easiest to remove.

ZOMG! That’s like a gamer open gun!

Magwell, comp and DPP red dot.

EDIT: and Taran Tactical baseplate.

It seriously is like his open gun.

ViniVidivici
03-24-2021, 02:19 AM
No surprise, dude is a badass.

GearFondler
03-24-2021, 03:53 AM
No surprise, dude is a badass.Plus he can tell you the time with either wrist.

GJM
03-24-2021, 08:37 PM

Open carry makes perfect sense in this case as it makes it easier for him to see whether the dot on the Pro is still working. If he had an AG serial number, appendix carry would be GTG.

JSGlock34
03-24-2021, 09:35 PM
Plus he can tell you the time with either wrist.

Not the first four-star General to rock two watches...
https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/ITPBmq49yCUv2MwDFJLRIoa6wKU=/1200x0/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/WD34BCPAKFBONND3YA47FZRQ5M.jpg

GJM
03-31-2021, 01:59 PM
I have never been much interested in a compensator on a carry gun, but after this thread ordered a Mayhem for a GEN 5 19. Received it, and was impressed by how simple the design was and how fast and easy it was to install. Shot it at the range just now, and was very impressed with it. Want one on a G26 now.

Up1911Fan
04-01-2021, 08:52 PM
I have a Victory 1st threaded barrel and PMM comp sitting on the bench that will either go on a G19 or G45, haven't decided yet. I'm considering getting one of the PMM P365 JTTC's to play with as well. Will wait to see how I like the Glock comp first.

UNK
09-07-2021, 04:59 PM
I had kris fortney port this one. The port is close but he had to make it fit in the Zev window. 3,100 rounds thus far, no odd out comes. Pistol runs 100% - it needs a 13lb recoil spring though. The front sight gets filthy but that’s no Biggy

If you did a 34 on a stock window he usually does 8 ports in 2 rows

Google fortney ports and you’ll find him. Good dude

That search comes up with nothing. Ive googled it every way I can think of. Have a link to a website or contact info?

Blades
09-07-2021, 07:48 PM
That search comes up with nothing. Ive googled it every way I can think of. Have a link to a website or contact info?

I think it's www.performancepistolworks.com

Duke
09-08-2021, 08:40 AM
I think it's www.performancepistolworks.com

That’s the one. Great work.

Not sure lead time now but he had mine back to me in 8 days from receiving

pastaslinger
09-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Going to send a barrel to get ported but cannot decide which. Should I send my used G34 barrel which has >10k rounds through it or should I just get a new KKM barrel to have done?

UNK
09-08-2021, 10:33 PM
Someone linked to this on a 2011 forum but no reason you can't do it on a Glock.

Its called the Chunk Port, although there is some argument as to whether its a Comp or a bigass Port.

Hmmm... if you have a mill laying around you could DIY. I kid but maybe with some refinement this could be an viable option.

https://cuttermachineworks.com/product/chunk-port/

https://cuttermachineworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Chunk_Port_3-scaled.jpg

https://cuttermachineworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Chunk_Port_5-scaled.jpg

That slide cut looks like crap.
10-8 did a review on Glock comps and the one he went with was a Weapons Armament Research comp that was similar to that but looks much better. I think its reminiscent of the Wilson Combat Carry Comp which is supposed to be very effective. What I like is its a stock length slide. I watched a vid which I cant seem to find right now of a shooter running a course of multiple targets with the War comp. In the vid it showed a plume of gasses exiting straight up after every shot. I dont see how the shooter could avoid breathing it.

https://youtu.be/u-nVK1s3AxE go to the 26.36 mark

Found the video on WAR’s facebook page

https://fb.watch/7VfeyZ5Bbi/

pastaslinger
01-18-2022, 08:39 PM
Does anyone have experience with magnaport and Glocks? The port size appears similar to the factory c models. I went ahead and did send a barrel to Kris Fortney and now that G34 is my favorite gun. I'm hooked on porting and would do more, but am somewhat limited by what has slide windows. Magnaport seems like a decent deal at $165 for slide and barrel porting but I have no firsthand experience yet.

GJM
02-13-2022, 06:32 PM
I put together a mini Rowland package, with an open and closed emitter optic. Always amazed how the Mayhem Syndicate comp quiets the dot.

GJM
02-14-2022, 04:36 PM
The cool thing about the Mayhem comp is a 19 becomes 17 length, not 34 length. For me, the comp makes the 19 perform more like my full size and 42 ounce CO pistol. Very attractive for carry, especially how it handles +P.

https://youtu.be/kLTNshOggJE

DaBigBR
02-16-2022, 10:01 AM

As another poster mention, the recoil spring assembly helps capture the comp. In a worst case scenario where it did somehow get turned, I suspect that the slide would push it back straight. You could definitely see a loss of slide velocity at the end there, but I think it would still function. I have a PMM comp on a Gen 5 45 and it came loose one time and still functioned. I believe at the time I was still testing it and had not introduced thread locker. It is installed now with Rocksett and has several thousand rounds with no issues.

I have been very impressed with the performance of the comp.

Word to the wise, though: that contoured part is sharp as fuck and if you manage to let it pinch you, you're likely to bleed. Ask me how I know.

RAM Engineer
02-16-2022, 02:34 PM
Anyone with experience/thoughts on the Radian Afterburner & Ramjet?

https://soldiersystems.net/2021/11/29/radian-weapons-introduces-afterburner-ramjet-micro-compensator-and-barrel/

Lon
02-16-2022, 08:19 PM

https://soldiersystems.net/2021/11/29/radian-weapons-introduces-afterburner-ramjet-micro-compensator-and-barrel/

Looks interesting. I nominate you as the official P-F.com beta tester so how about getting one and letting us know. 😂

Lon
02-16-2022, 08:29 PM

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/gen-5-glock-19-26-micro-jttc-and-barrel-combo/

This looks interesting. My only Gen 5 19 is a work gun so no bueno on trying it out.

dcf1981
02-16-2022, 08:49 PM

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/gen-5-glock-19-26-micro-jttc-and-barrel-combo/

This looks interesting. My only Gen 5 19 is a work gun so no bueno on trying it out.

I have one waiting on my slide to get back from ATEI, should be less finicky than other comps and only increases the length of 19/45’s to 17 length. Interestingly, according to PMM’s product page it has more recoil reduction and muzzle rise than the standard JTTC single port comp by a slight margin.

Lon
02-16-2022, 08:51 PM
I have one waiting on my slide to get back from ATEI, should be less finicky than other comps and only increases the length of 19/45’s to 17 length. Interestingly, according to PMM’s product page it has more recoil reduction and muzzle rise than the standard JTTC single port comp by a slight margin.

I just noticed they make this combo for a G26. That got my attention.

Irelander
02-16-2022, 09:02 PM
I'm intrigued by this thread and starting a search for a comp for a P2000SK. One thought I have is about field stripping your gun with a comp. I guess you have to remove the comp to clean the gun. Any issues with removing the comp every so often?

Lon
02-16-2022, 09:08 PM
I'm intrigued by this thread and starting a search for a comp for a P2000SK. One thought I have is about field stripping your gun with a comp. I guess you have to remove the comp to clean the gun. Any issues with removing the comp every so often?

It’s just a PITA. I rarely removed mine. You can clean w/o taking the comp off. Especially with a bore snake.

Up1911Fan
02-16-2022, 09:16 PM

I haven't and have no plans to remove mine. I can get plenty clean without removing it.

DpdG
02-16-2022, 09:16 PM

I'm wondering if the difference in effectiveness between micro and standard singe port is the weight- the standard is aluminium, while the micro is steel.

dcf1981
02-16-2022, 09:20 PM
I'm wondering if the difference in effectiveness between micro and standard singe port is the weight- the standard is aluminium, while the micro is steel.

That’s what I am assuming, I haven’t weighed them yet or really studied if there’s as difference in blast chamber or port size yet.

evi1joe
02-25-2022, 08:15 PM
Has ANYONE dealt with EVO1ZERO (formerly Mayhem Syndicate I think) and gotten an mk2 comp lately? They seem to have gone silent.

They haven't answered my messages sent to their "contact" form.

Then I send messages through their Instagram--also no reply.

Then I LOOKED at their Instagram posts, and it's people who paid but haven't gotten anything for 3 months or more, and can't get in contact with them. A google search shows that the only response people HAVE gotten is that they've had their questions/comments deleted from Instagram when asking for someone to respond to their message or when they asked a question.

It seems like a really great comp, but with customer service that is non-existent, and a real wait time that seems to be weeks or months longer than the "10-week wait time" they advertise, I'm not sure I want to send them $300.

LOKNLOD
02-25-2022, 08:56 PM

I ordered and installed one of these on my 19.5 this week. I hope to shoot it this weekend, if I can get out of the house. Install was pretty easy, beyond being super anal about getting it aligned perfectly.

Comp being G17 sized is a huge diff. The transition in confort for me to carry a 17 sized gun vs. 34 is a huge leap. I’m excited to give it a try.

Lon
02-25-2022, 09:24 PM
I ordered and installed one of these on my 19.5 this week. I hope to shoot it this weekend, if I can get out of the house. Install was pretty easy, beyond being super anal about getting it aligned perfectly.

Comp being G17 sized is a huge diff. The transition in confort for me to carry a 17 sized gun vs. 34 is a huge leap. I’m excited to give it a try.

That’s nice. Looking forward to a report.

GJM
02-25-2022, 10:03 PM
I have two Gen 5 19 units from them and recently ordered a Gen 4. Hope it arrives before summer!

I tried to contact them on the difference between their Gen 1-4 and 5 barrels, but didn't hear back.

LOKNLOD
02-25-2022, 11:00 PM
I’m really intrigued by the Arc Division integral comp slide assemblies. George you should try one out and report back ;)

DaBigBR
02-27-2022, 09:07 AM

Probably even a little shorter than a 17. I have their Ultra JTTC on a 45 MOS and it ends up very close to 17 length. PMM's barrel uses a very short threaded section, so you get to the ports a little quicker.

dcf1981
02-27-2022, 09:09 AM
Probably even a little shorter than a 17. I have their Ultra JTTC on a 45 MOS and it ends up very close to 17 length. PMM's barrel uses a very short threaded section, so you get to the ports a little quicker.

I have the one port JTTC on a G17 and it fits in all of my G34 holsters, I’d say it’s less than 1/8” longer than a G34.

DaBigBR
02-27-2022, 12:09 PM

Here's a good photo. Gen 5 17, 45 with Ultra JTTC, Gen 4 34

Magsz
02-28-2022, 02:41 AM
I’m really intrigued by the Arc Division integral comp slide assemblies. George you should try one out and report back ;)

I had an arc division slide for a 45 frame.

What a waste of money. The comp barely did anything at all. The machining and the slide serrations were fantastic but if I'm going to comp something, I want to see and feel a benefit.

The size added to the gun is a non issue for me. All of these dumb ass "chunk port" mods are worthless to me as you're compromising the integrity of the slide and barrel for really very little gain that couldn't be accomplished better with an add on comp.

LOKNLOD
02-28-2022, 11:58 AM
I had an arc division slide for a 45 frame.

What a waste of money. The comp barely did anything at all. The machining and the slide serrations were fantastic but if I'm going to comp something, I want to see and feel a benefit.

The size added to the gun is a non issue for me. All of these dumb ass "chunk port" mods are worthless to me as you're compromising the integrity of the slide and barrel for really very little gain that couldn't be accomplished better with an add on comp.

Solid feedback. I will say I didn’t think the 19/45 slide looked super impressive on video but it’s hard to judge sometimes. The 17 slide seemed a little better on camera.

Not a lot of people talking about them which is almost as much a red flag as if everyone was talking about them.

Magsz
03-01-2022, 05:42 AM
Solid feedback. I will say I didn’t think the 19/45 slide looked super impressive on video but it’s hard to judge sometimes. The 17 slide seemed a little better on camera.

Not a lot of people talking about them which is almost as much a red flag as if everyone was talking about them.

Yeah, they've got a pretty decent instagram presence and their initial runs seemed to sell fairly well but you don't exactly see tons of people running them. That QVO guy is going to be doing a review on one shortly I believe but I hardly give a crap about what he has to say as he seems to absolutely adore everything.

I was super stoked to get my ARC slide. I was more than a little miffed when I went to the range and it felt just as snappy as a regular G19. Generally, you tend to see "more" comp effect with higher pressure rounds so I ditched the 115 grain ammo and loaded up my duty load. Speer gold dot 124 +P. Nope, no discernable difference.

Contrast this with my PMM comps which are absolutely magical and you end up with a gorgeously machined slide in the arc division offering, which unfortunately doesn't offer any real performance gain.

GJM
03-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Given that the Mayham Syndicate only adds one size up in overall length, has no tool installation, and seems to work with a wide range of ammo without a spring change, what is the downside of that for most EDC applications?

GearFondler
03-01-2022, 02:39 PM
Given that the Mayham Syndicate only adds one size up in overall length, has no tool installation, and seems to work with a wide range of ammo without a spring change, what is the downside of that for most EDC applications?High relative cost and low supply is the only problem. I went with a KKM because I couldn't find one anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

GJM
03-11-2022, 09:55 AM
Long time friend and forum member just sent me a G5 Arc Reactor 19 length slide assembly to mess with. How are they working out?

LOKNLOD
03-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Long time friend and forum member just sent me a G5 Arc Reactor 19 length slide assembly to mess with. How are they working out?

See MAGZ comments above. that's the first firsthand report I've seen on it.

At one point, i think Hilton Yam posted on the 10-8 IG account a picture of one he was trying out, but I never saw it pop up in his feed again.

In other news, I did finally get to shoot with my PMM G19.5 Micro setup the other day. Unfortunately i wasn't smart enough to take a plain G19 to shoot alongside it to compare recoil impulse, but I can say if functioned well for 100 rounds as I got my optic mostly dialed in at various ranges. I was on the indoor range so i didn't get to burn anything down for a sense of how it helped tracking at speed.. Looking forward to spending a more time with it.

Biggy
03-11-2022, 12:31 PM
If I ever decide to get a comped pistol at some point, I will probably just buy a Shadow systems complete pistol like the DR920P or MR920P that has their pinned on comp, or maybe just buy their threaded barrel with their screwed on comp option when they become available. They stated they are porting their comps a little more on the conservative side so they maintain better reliability.

https://youtu.be/gOkrwYvrR98

LOKNLOD
03-31-2022, 09:38 PM
In other news, I did finally get to shoot with my PMM G19.5 Micro setup the other day. Unfortunately i wasn't smart enough to take a plain G19 to shoot alongside it to compare recoil impulse, but I can say if functioned well for 100 rounds as I got my optic mostly dialed in at various ranges. I was on the indoor range so i didn't get to burn anything down for a sense of how it helped tracking at speed.. Looking forward to spending a more time with it.

Sneaked up to the range to run a box through today, and i happened to grab a box of PMC Bronze from the stash. The PMM 19.5 Micro rig did NOT like it. Failures to feed on every shot.
Grabbed a box of 147 american eagle from the range and it ran that like a champ.
Thankfully it looks like that was the only box of PMC i had around... now I'm going to be a bit more deliberate cycling through all my different kinds of ammo through it.

It's still just "fun experiment" status so I'm not too upset it didn't run the PMC - and that's not something I shoot a lot. But I'm not used to have to worry about what I feed a Glock.

GJM
03-31-2022, 10:19 PM
Mayhem on a G19 has functioned with every load I have tried, including PMC 115. Probably means the Mayhem comp is doing less.

Magsz
04-01-2022, 03:16 AM
Mayhem on a G19 has functioned with every load I have tried, including PMC 115. Probably means the Mayhem comp is doing less.

The Mayhem comp does indeed redirect less gas. It is not as effective as the PMM or KKM comps.

I have found my mayhem comp to be very, very reliable on my G5's. It's a decent blend of reliability and effectiveness.

TCB
04-01-2022, 12:55 PM
Haven’t ran a ton of rounds through mine but it’s functioned without issue and given a performance benefit with everything I’ve put through it from my 140pf 147gr reloads to our current 147gr full power duty rounds. The AK style mounting method for this comp is simple and IMO superior due to ease of maintenance. I’ve got a 5 day class with RB1 in a couple weeks and this will be my primary pistol for it so if there are any issues they should present themselves during that, but I don’t expect any.

Magsz
04-01-2022, 11:54 PM
Anyone have any clue when/if Radian is going to release their comp and barrel?

They announced the damn thing last october/november. They also had a whole press run last month and still, nothing.

GearFondler
04-02-2022, 12:16 AM

They announced the damn thing last october/november. They also had a whole press run last month and still, nothing.Wow... That looks like a really nicely done comp! Hope it's as good as it looks like it should be.

Bergeron
04-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Agreed! Of the 19 comped to a 17-length designs, this looks really top-notch.

https://www.radianweapons.com/pistol-products

I suppose that now we wait.

SoCalDep
04-02-2022, 06:32 PM

They announced the damn thing last october/november. They also had a whole press run last month and still, nothing.

That looks rad. Being stuck (for now) in CA, this is actually a legal option besides a permanent weld.

Bergeron
04-02-2022, 06:40 PM
My only comp gun experience is a pair of 19.4s with KKMs, so...

I've always been curious about the "connection length" between comp and barrel. I wonder if the Radian design has as one of it's criteria "minimum connection length" or if instead they specifically designed against "no threading"- given the number of ardent pistoleros in occupied territories...

runngun
04-03-2022, 07:09 AM
I have been happy so far with the Agency Arms Sage Dynamics Compensator http://www.agencyarms.com/sage-dynamics-compensator-package
There is quite a bit of thread overlap, and there are no set screws, thread lock, pins or shims required.

GearFondler
04-03-2022, 10:54 AM
I have been happy so far with the Agency Arms Sage Dynamics Compensator http://www.agencyarms.com/sage-dynamics-compensator-package
There is quite a bit of thread overlap, and there are no set screws, thread lock, pins or shims required.
86927Very nice! I didn't know they had finally released the Comp package separately.

TOTS
04-03-2022, 07:31 PM
In my search for TX black rifle comp, I came up on some videos using the Legion precision comp. Anyone have experience with this?

Magsz
04-04-2022, 01:55 PM

My only gripe with that Sagency comp is that it appears as though it uses a single stage guide rod?

I'm partial to my factory recoil springs when I shoot factory ammo. I find them to produce a very pleasurable recoil impulse.

Thoughts on this? Can you give us some more info on the comp? Does it lock up securely? Any play in it?

Comparative thoughts between this and any other comps you've run?

runngun
04-04-2022, 05:45 PM
The comp doesn't lock up tight on the barrel. In the picture from the muzzle end you can see how much extra rotation is required to fully seat the comp. Also, the picture of the barrel out of the slide shows the slight gap between the comp and the barrel when properly aligned. The guide rod adapter interfaces with the relief cut at the back of the comp to prevent it from rotating while the slide is forward, and the end of the guide rod prevents it from rotating with the slide to the rear, although there is a small amount of play evident if it is twisted. I have only about 500 rounds through it, but no issues thus far.

The comp is designed to function with 115 grain ammo, and according to Aaron Cowan's review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bxup6aur30) it was designed to balance performance and reliability so it is admittedly not the most effective one available. With 115 gr Blazer brass I couldn't tell much of a difference (shot back to back with an otherwise identical Glock) with the comp, however 147gr. HST had a definite difference, and the difference with BP9LE was incredible. Granted, this is my only comp experience, and ease of installation and removal was the driving factor for me.

The comp ships with an 18 lb ISMI spring. It ran fine out of the box with my G19 frame (which has a few thousand rounds through it). When I installed the brand new G45 frame (without adding any lube), it had routine failures to feed for a few magazines. After running flawlessly with a 147 HST and BP9LE for about a hundred rounds, I didn't have any more problems with the 115 gr Blazer. I did change the spring to a 15lb one since it seemed to be on the ragged edge of functioning due to the comp and added weight of the P2. I can't say it runs any better that way, but at least I feel like I have a bit more margin for reliability.

LOKNLOD
04-07-2022, 03:09 PM
It's still just "fun experiment" status so I'm not too upset it didn't run the PMC - and that's not something I shoot a lot. But I'm not used to have to worry about what I feed a Glock.

Since shooting this thing is all about testing, here’s the updated tally:
147gr fed am eagle: good to go
115 pmc bronze: chokes consistently
115 blazer brass: chokes consistently
115 fiocchi: chokes intermittently

Really doesn't seem to like 115…
Or perhaps I’ve done something wrong setting it up. I notice they have Rem UMC 115 as their test ammo in their chart documenting performance, so it makes me suspicious that I’ve got something awry.

GearFondler
04-08-2022, 03:31 AM

Or perhaps I’ve done something wrong setting it up. I notice they have Rem UMC 115 as their test ammo in their chart documenting performance, so it makes me suspicious that I’ve got something awry.I'm struggling to imagine how you could have messed anything up and still have it function correctly with 147's... There's not much you can get wrong aside from having it come loose.

steve
04-08-2022, 04:33 AM

Or perhaps I’ve done something wrong setting it up. I notice they have Rem UMC 115 as their test ammo in their chart documenting performance, so it makes me suspicious that I’ve got something awry.

Try some Lawman 115 grain. Blazer brass and pmc are not loaded very hot.

DpdG
04-08-2022, 05:19 AM

I've got a couple of the PMM 2 port comps on Glocks (G45, 19x) and found that with the factory recoil spring it really didn't like anything other than 124+P, not even 147gr HST. With a 15lb ISMI spring it will run whatever I feed it. Fiocchi and Tula seem more gassy (run the comp more) than the other 115 stuff I've tried, but all of it (incl. nearly a case of PMC) runs. Both hosts were low round count prior to comp install, so there may be a breaking in element, but I haven't gotten around to trying to put the factory recoil spring back in to double check.

pastaslinger
04-08-2022, 06:50 AM
I have fully leaned into porting... I recently sent a slide and barrel to Monsoon Tactical so we shall see how that turns out. The ported G34 remains my favorite pistol to shoot and I'd put it up against guns 3x the total build cost (aka many 2011s).

HCountyGuy
04-08-2022, 08:55 AM

Christ alive, $400? That's a bit steep compared to most other market offerings.

I'm fairly convinced PMM is the best option on the market these days for cost-benefit ratio, simplicity and out-of-the-box reliability. Not to mention they're aesthetically pleasing in how they're designed to mate to the slide. The hardest part is getting them timed but once you figure that out, crank it down and run that SOB. I've yet to have any issues out of mine and the only issue between myself, my coworkers and some customers that have them is that the exterior of the barrel needed to be lubricated in one instance after being installed to start cycling properly. We've run several different kinds of 9mm through our guns without issue to include PMC 115, Atlanta Arms 115 and 124 (plus some of their 124 JHPs), Fiocchi Training Dynamics 115, Critical Duty +P 135, Gold Dot +P 124.

I've been eyeballing PMM's Micro JTTC for Glock just so I can run my 45MOS in a 17 holster vs my 34. Supposedly they're just as effective as the normal size.

call_me_ski
04-08-2022, 09:34 AM
Where are the factory compensated Gen5 Glocks?

Seems that Glock offered them for years while they were far more niche and now they are absent. Someone should send an email…

A factory 45C would check a lot of boxes.

Anyone with pull willing to get lipseys to put the pressure on?

Casey
04-08-2022, 11:10 AM
I'm fairly convinced PMM is the best option on the market these days for cost-benefit ratio, simplicity and out-of-the-box reliability. Not to mention they're aesthetically pleasing in how they're designed to mate to the slide. The hardest part is getting them timed but once you figure that out, crank it down and run that SOB. I've yet to have any issues out of mine and the only issue between myself, my coworkers and some customers that have them is that the exterior of the barrel needed to be lubricated in one instance after being installed to start cycling properly. We've run several different kinds of 9mm through our guns without issue to include PMC 115, Atlanta Arms 115 and 124 (plus some of their 124 JHPs), Fiocchi Training Dynamics 115, Critical Duty +P 135, Gold Dot +P 124.
I'm with you on this. My experience with PMM comps has been limited to VP9s, not Glocks, but I've been very pleased with them over the course of roughly 15k rounds through three different guns, shooting American Eagle 124 and 147gr, Federal HST in 124gr +P and 147gr, Speer Lawman 147gr, Winchester 124gr, and S&B 124gr. Zero reliability issues. Installation seemed easy enough with their Delrin block helping to figure out timing, and I've yet to have one loosen up. The only issue I've had is keeping the carbon buildup at bay. One of those guns, my dedicated range gun, went a few thousand rounds before I happened to look at it and realized quite a bit of crud had accumulated inside the compensator, which ended up forcing me to use a Dremel with a cutting ball tip to get cleaned out. I've been experimenting with some things I found on competition forums like using case lube on the comp to keep carbon from sticking to it, but haven't had much success with that yet. As I'm now transitioning to Glock, I will almost certainly be going the PMM route again on future guns.

GJM
04-08-2022, 12:33 PM
I like the PMM comp on a P365, and feel like it might enhance or at least be neutral in terms of reliability, with duty type ammo, given the short slide of the 365. The PMM on the 365 allows me to reliably run my favorite EDC load, 124 +P Gold Dot, with modest recoil. I wish it came off like the Mayhem, but given the front sight is in a dovetail, and not fastened from below like a Glock, I can live with it.

I feel differently about a comp on a Glock 19. I do believe the comp allows the red dot 19 to be shot faster as it quiets dot movement. However, I don’t feel ill equipped shooting a 19 without a comp. I have never had a stoppage with either of my two Mayhem 19 barrel/comps, and the Mayhem comp comes right off for maintenance. With comps other then the Mayhem, on a 19 I feel like the comp may degrade reliability or require a different RSA, something I don’t want to do. Plus there is the issue of having to remove the comp to pull the barrel out of the slide. All this makes me reluctant to comp a 19 except with the Mayhem.

HCountyGuy
04-08-2022, 01:25 PM
I like the PMM comp on a P365, and feel like it might enhance or at least be neutral in terms of reliability, with duty type ammo, given the short slide of the 365. The PMM on the 365 allows me to reliably run my favorite EDC load, 124 +P Gold Dot, with modest recoil. I wish it came off like the Mayhem, but given the front sight is in a dovetail, and not fastened from below like a Glock, I can live with it.

I feel differently about a comp on a Glock 19. I do believe the comp allows the red dot 19 to be shot faster as it quiets dot movement. However, I don’t feel ill equipped shooting a 19 without a comp. I have never had a stoppage with either of my two Mayhem 19 barrel/comps, and the Mayhem comp comes right off for maintenance. With comps other then the Mayhem, on a 19 I feel like the comp may degrade reliability or require a different RSA, something I don’t want to do. Plus there is the issue of having to remove the comp to pull the barrel out of the slide. All this makes me reluctant to comp a 19 except with the Mayhem.

Nobody I know who runs PMM has had to do anything with their recoil spring in order to get it to run reliably. As far as taking the comp off, you do need some torque (especially if you use the Loctite 272). I've quit using Loctite on mine recently as I've been having to re-tighten my 10-8 sight (broke the first one I suspect due to over-tightening and now the 2nd one won't stay tight). Even without loctite and just having it shimmed the PMM comp hasn't come loose.

GJM
04-08-2022, 01:28 PM
Nobody I know who runs PMM has had to do anything with their recoil spring in order to get it to run reliably. As far as taking the comp off, you do need some torque (especially if you use the Loctite 272). I've quit using Loctite on mine recently as I've been having to re-tighten my 10-8 sight (broke the first one I suspect due to over-tightening and now the 2nd one won't stay tight). Even without loctite and just having it shimmed the PMM comp hasn't come loose.

Perhaps I am not remembering correctly, but I thought people in this thread reported problems with the PMM with certain ammo and/or a stock RSA?

HCountyGuy
04-08-2022, 01:36 PM
Perhaps I am not remembering correctly, but I thought people in this thread reported problems with the PMM with certain ammo and/or a stock RSA?

Yeah I went back and looked and there are some folks who did have issues. I guess me and my group have been fortunate in not having any issues outside of having to lube the barrel hood on the one sample in order to get it to start cycling. We run whatever we can get our hands on the cheapest, but primarily run Atlanta Arms, and haven't had issues. Who knows though, sometimes the exact same setup works for one thing and chokes on its twin /shrug

GJM
04-08-2022, 01:37 PM
Sneaked up to the range to run a box through today, and i happened to grab a box of PMC Bronze from the stash. The PMM 19.5 Micro rig did NOT like it. Failures to feed on every shot.
Grabbed a box of 147 american eagle from the range and it ran that like a champ.
Thankfully it looks like that was the only box of PMC i had around... now I'm going to be a bit more deliberate cycling through all my different kinds of ammo through it.

I've got a couple of the PMM 2 port comps on Glocks (G45, 19x) and found that with the factory recoil spring it really didn't like anything other than 124+P, not even 147gr HST. With a 15lb ISMI spring it will run whatever I feed it. Fiocchi and Tula seem more gassy (run the comp more) than the other 115 stuff I've tried, but all of it (incl. nearly a case of PMC) runs. Both hosts were low round count prior to comp install, so there may be a breaking in element, but I haven't gotten around to trying to put the factory recoil spring back in to double check.

pastaslinger
04-08-2022, 01:43 PM
Where are the factory compensated Gen5 Glocks?

Seems that Glock offered them for years while they were far more niche and now they are absent. Someone should send an email…

A factory 45C would check a lot of boxes.

Anyone with pull willing to get lipseys to put the pressure on?
Ports used to get so much hate but I think they are the way

I WISH they made a gen 5 G19c, G17c but who knows if that will happen

LOKNLOD
04-08-2022, 01:45 PM
I’m definitely going to explore the spring route. I don’t like to futz with Glock internals too much but interested to see where this goes.

steve
04-08-2022, 02:34 PM
Ports used to get so much hate but I think they are the way

I WISH they made a gen 5 G19c, G17c but who knows if that will happen

If you look at the Gen 4's they came out eventually and when sales slow I believe the Gen 5 "C" models will too.

Waiting............Waiting..........Waiting.

pastaslinger
04-08-2022, 03:58 PM
If you look at the Gen 4's they came out eventually and when sales slow I believe the Gen 5 "C" models will too.

Waiting............Waiting..........Waiting.

I'd like to compare the factory C porting to the two rows of four, magnaport, and lucky 7 styles

steve
04-08-2022, 06:37 PM
I'd like to compare the factory C porting to the two rows of four, magnaport, and lucky 7 styles

I would love to see a G26C model also.

GJM
04-08-2022, 08:14 PM
I would love to see a G26C model also.

No concern about the porting reducing velocity on an already short barrel?

steve
04-08-2022, 08:34 PM

Not at all, the 9mm doesn't lose much velocity at all out of a short barrel. I had a 2" 940 S&W and the velocity loss was not much at all. Far better than a 38 special out of a 2 inch barrel. When I have done velocity tests on the Glock "C" models I think it is about 60 FPS loss on a 4 to 5 inch barrel. I have the figures and I will try and dig them up.

pastaslinger
04-08-2022, 09:49 PM

Even with the monsoon tactical lucky sevens pattern they quote 60-65 fps loss on a very aggressive porting setup

Porting at the end of the barrel like magnaport or Glock C porting is supposed to be like 30 fps loss

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-08-2022, 10:30 PM

Just came across these and appear very interesting, have G19x that could use one.

Anybody have one yet? Seems they are still hard to find...

Magsz
04-08-2022, 11:43 PM
Just came across these and appear very interesting, have G19x that could use one.

Anybody have one yet? Seems they are still hard to find...

I don't think they're out yet.

I just saw a fairly small media campaign on a few Youtube channels a few weeks ago. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-09-2022, 09:34 AM
I don't think they're out yet.

I just saw a fairly small media campaign on a few Youtube channels a few weeks ago. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

I haven not found any available so that makes sense. This is one of the only compensators I've ever considered for carry, still trying to wrap my brain around the price though. Hopefully street price is considerably lower, that's a tough pill to swallow.

JodyH
04-11-2022, 07:32 AM
Agency/Sage comp on a 508T topped 19X is my backcountry pistol.
I haven't found another shorty single port comp that makes +P+ Underwood solid copper deep penetrators feel like I'm shooting a loud ass Glock 44 .22lr..
It does occasionally choke on all flavors of CCI 115gr. FMJ, but has been 100% with Winchester Active Duty 115gr. FMJ and 100% with every JHP or +P solid I've shot through it.
Since the biggest threats in my favorite backcountry spots are really big cats and weird/crazy people drunk driving beat to shit 25 year old steel bodied pickups I prioritize reliability and shootability with the Underwoods.

newyork
04-14-2022, 06:56 AM
I haven't found another shorty single port comp that makes +P+ Underwood solid copper deep penetrators feel like I'm shooting a loud ass Glock 44 .22lr..
It does occasionally choke on all flavors of CCI 115gr. FMJ, but has been 100% with Winchester Active Duty 115gr. FMJ and 100% with every JHP or +P solid I've shot through it.
Since the biggest threats in my favorite backcountry spots are really big cats and weird/crazy people drunk driving beat to shit 25 year old steel bodied pickups I prioritize reliability and shootability with the Underwoods.

How’s blazer and federal and other popular 115 ball through it? Did you have to tweak anything or just install and drive on?

Does it fit g17 or G34 holsters just fine?

JodyH
04-14-2022, 07:37 AM
How’s blazer and federal and other popular 115 ball through it? Did you have to tweak anything or just install and drive on?

Does it fit g17 or G34 holsters just fine?
Only other ball that's been through it is Federal 124gr. FMJ. No issues.
Install and shoot. Very accurate barrel, holds it's own with my Faxon which was a slight step up from the very good factory 19x barrel.
Fits my 17 size Raven Perun perfectly.

newyork
04-14-2022, 07:43 AM
Only other ball that's been through it is Federal 124gr. FMJ. No issues.
Install and shoot. Very accurate barrel, holds it's own with my Faxon which was a slight step up from the very good factory 19x barrel.
Fits my 17 size Raven Perun perfectly.

Very promising

JWH
04-16-2022, 01:19 PM

Do you like it better than the mayhem?

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-16-2022, 02:27 PM

Is this what you are using? http://www.agencyarms.com/417-compensator-gen-5-compatible

Single or Dual Port?

JodyH
04-16-2022, 04:35 PM
Is this what you are using? http://www.agencyarms.com/417-compensator-gen-5-compatible

Single or Dual Port?

http://www.agencyarms.com/sage-dynamics-compensator

JodyH
04-16-2022, 04:37 PM
Do you like it better than the mayhem?
The Agency is a better compensator but the Mayhem has a better quick mount system.
So... I guess it's a bit of a tossup.

Thy.Will.Be.Done
04-16-2022, 09:21 PM
http://www.agencyarms.com/sage-dynamics-compensator

What is the difference between that one and their standard single port comp? I can't find a photo of the Sage comp that shows any other angles besides looking down the barrel in their webpage linked.

JodyH
04-17-2022, 04:10 PM
What is the difference between that one and their standard single port comp? I can't find a photo of the Sage comp that shows any other angles besides looking down the barrel in their webpage linked.
"Quick attach" and self indexing. No threadlocker or set screw required.

GJM
04-26-2022, 05:19 PM
The Mayhem Syndicate G4 19 barrel and comp I ordered on Feb 14 shipped today. Also, Shooting Surplus has G4 and 5 19 Mayhems in stock.

TCB
04-27-2022, 08:06 PM
Just did a 5 day class with RedbackONE with my Mayhem Syndicate comped G45 as my primary pistol. All the ammo I shot (7-800 rounds) was 147gr Winchester Ranger Bonded and had no issues. The gun tracks…the comp seems to have no affect on reliability. During one failure to extract drill I had a very hard extraction that required me to hold the slide and punch the grip forward to clear it, all the other guns on the line were Glocks and the brass I used to set up the drill was from one of them (not my gun), it may have been an issue with the difference in chamber size that caused the hard extraction? I made sure to use empty brass from my gun for the rest of those drills throughout the week and didn’t have any further issues.

GJM
04-27-2022, 08:25 PM
I am into several thousands of different loads, from PMC 115 to Gold Dot 124 +P, and many others across three Mayhem Gen 4 and 5 comps, and an yet to have a single stoppage.

I have a KKM coming to test on my timmie Open 19.

LOKNLOD
04-28-2022, 10:45 PM
PMM 19.5 Micro Comp testing continues:
124gr American Eagle ran like a champ.

I did notice the gun was pretty dry (guess I didn't relube it with the new barrel/comp installed - d'oh) and the lubed gun ran better with some of the previously tried loads - PMC, Blazer, Fiocchi. Perhaps I've managed to make a lube-sensitive Glock....good job.

GJM
05-07-2022, 10:07 AM
I just got a KKM barrel and comp (thanks JHC!) and installed it on a Gen 4 19.

Seemed like it was softer shooting than the Mayhem. I experienced stoppages with 140 and 170mm mags shooting Syntech 150. Probably need to wait until the Zev guide rod and 15 pound spring arrives to test further. Also the set screws came loose, so I probably need to loctite once it is running. No installation instructions on the KKM website — just loctite the set screws or also on the barrel threads?

dcf1981
05-07-2022, 10:17 AM
I just got a KKM barrel and comp (thanks JHC!) and installed it on a Gen 4 19.

Seemed like it was softer shooting than the Mayhem. I experienced stoppages with 140 and 170mm mags shooting Syntech 150. Probably need to wait until the Zev guide rod and 15 pound spring arrives to test further. Also the set screws came loose, so I probably need to loctite once it is running. No installation instructions on the KKM website — just loctite the set screws or also on the barrel threads?

On my KKM barrels/comps I degrease and then install the comp itself with a small amount of red loctite as it’s large enough that I don’t have to worry about stripping anything after a little heat from a micro torch. I then use blue loctite on the set screws. I have not had one come loose and haven’t had any issues removing them after applying necessary heat.

Bergeron
05-07-2022, 05:32 PM
I've actually had my smith(s) dimple the KKM barrels on the threading flats for better engagement with the screws- I prefer to avoid loctite for this application.

Wake27
05-07-2022, 06:39 PM
I put blue loctite on my KKM set screws and didn’t do anything else. Has been fine through several years of EDC and a few thousand rounds.

pastaslinger
05-07-2022, 10:47 PM
I started this thread a while back with the intention of moving towards comps but I copied Duke and ended up porting a bunch of pistols. I'd like to chime in and say that the Lucky 7 porting from monsoon tactical is insane in terms of muzzle rise reduction and I'd add that the G19 slide seems to track the best with a dot and porting versus shorter or longer slides.

Trajan
02-13-2024, 05:28 PM
Bumping an old thread, but how are newer ported barrels comparing to the KKM comp? Those Reactor17 slides look pretty slick, but I'm not sure how they compare to the KKM comp.

Also, are they pectoral index safe?

wmu12071
02-13-2024, 06:56 PM
Bumping an old thread, but how are newer ported barrels comparing to the KKM comp? Those Reactor17 slides look pretty slick, but I'm not sure how they compare to the KKM comp.

Also, are they pectoral index safe?

I have no ability to compare as I do not have a KKM or other comp on a glock but I decided to try an aim surplus ported barrel with the brownells slide I already had. I am surprised how well the tiny V8 ports work but I did have a POI change of about 4 inches at 7 yards. Unfortunately I haven't spent enough time with it to tell you if it is accurate at range. Most of my shooting so far has been 7ish yards.

Lon
02-13-2024, 07:05 PM
I have no ability to compare as I do not have a KKM or other comp on a glock but I decided to try an aim surplus ported barrel with the brownells slide I already had. I am surprised how well the tiny V8 ports work but I did have a POI change of about 4 inches at 7 yards. Unfortunately I haven't spent enough time with it to tell you if it is accurate at range. Most of my shooting so far has been 7ish yards.

This a Glock 19?

wmu12071
02-13-2024, 07:33 PM
This a Glock 19?

Yes. Example:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/aimsurplus-tin-ported-barrel-for-glock-19

Lon
02-13-2024, 08:01 PM
Yes. Example:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/aimsurplus-tin-ported-barrel-for-glock-19

I’ve Been wondering if they work in brownells slides. Now I’ll get one and do a direct comparison between the AIM barrel and the Monsoon Tactical. Thanks.

Wake27
02-13-2024, 08:08 PM
All of the raving I've heard about for a little while is over the Radian.

Lon
02-13-2024, 08:33 PM
All of the raving I've heard about for a little while is over the Radian.

Had one. Didn’t like it as much as the Ultra JTTC or the Lucky 7 ports. The Radian does win the “easiest to take off/put on” contest. By a long shot.

wmu12071
02-13-2024, 09:03 PM
Had one. Didn’t like it as much as the Ultra JTTC or the Lucky 7 ports. The Radian does win the “easiest to take off/put on” contest. By a long shot.

The front ports are plenty tight. I would be very curious of your thoughts vs. Lucky 7 ports. I can imagine this barrel is as good give the minimal area compared to the 7s

Lon
02-13-2024, 10:01 PM
The front ports are plenty tight. I would be very curious of your thoughts vs. Lucky 7 ports. I can imagine this barrel is as good give the minimal area compared to the 7s

I hope it is. I’ve been very curious about this for a while.

wmu12071
02-14-2024, 10:03 AM
I hope it is. I’ve been very curious about this for a while.

Sorry, autocorrect fail. I CAN'T imagine it will be as good. The area of the 8 holes I doubt is as much as the 7 oval ports. But some of this seems more like magic or art then science.