PDA

View Full Version : Glock 44 First 300 rds 0 Malfs

Matt_J
12-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Glock 44, was bought Nov, 2020. I know they updated the extractor and slide in May so this is a "new" version.

20 rds of CCI Standard Velocity
80 rds of Remington Golden Bullet
100 rds of Remington Thunderbolt
100 rds of CCI Mini Mag

0 Malfunctions.

The trigger is one of the best I've felt on a Glock. Pretty smooth takeup, no grit, hits a hard wall and then breaks loud and clean. The reset is loud and tactile as you would expect, pretty short too. It's no 1911 but you know what I mean.

I'm really digging this thing. I've had the SR22 and GSG Firefly, which both periodically malfunctioned with Remington Golden Bullet, but ran fine with CCI Mini Mags. So far I'm really happy with the Glock.

diananike
12-15-2020, 08:43 AM
Looks like you happened to pick ammunition that worked.
I had pretty good luck with all those brands as well(I didn’t try the standard velocity)
With brands the gun doesn’t like such as Winchester bulk pack I had a jam every 20 or so rounds.
Mine also has trouble when it gets fouled. After about 300 rounds it has trouble extracting shells it normally likes.
Just watch out for leading in the barrel with the thunderbolts. I experienced keyholes after about 400 rounds of that ammunition and when I looked in the barrel the rifling was smooth bore with all the lead deposits. That was hard to clean out.

Wendell
12-16-2020, 03:54 PM
...they updated the extractor and slide in May...

Is there a thread somewhere (on these G44 updates)?