PDA

View Full Version : PMM Integrated Rear Sight (IDRS)

HCM
12-14-2020, 03:18 PM
PMM (Parker Mountain Machine) new Integrated Rear Sight (IDRS) option for their slide cut jobs. They have them for the SRO, RMR, RMRcc and Deltapoint.

From their FB:

theJanitor
12-14-2020, 05:49 PM
I'm puzzled how this works. PMM says that the optic doesn't need to be modified

dontshakepandas
12-14-2020, 07:04 PM
I'm puzzled how this works. PMM says that the optic doesn't need to be modified

Looks like they are using the holes on either side of the optic to hold the sight in place. They create a channel that goes all the way through the optic just in front of the emitter.

I’m interested to see how it will hold up under hard use, but it’s a pretty clever idea.

theJanitor
12-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Looks like they are using the holes on either side of the optic to hold the sight in place. They create a channel that goes all the way through the optic just in front of the emitter.

I’m interested to see how it will hold up under hard use, but it’s a pretty clever idea.

You're right! I never looked at those holes from the top, until you mentioned it

HeavyDuty
12-14-2020, 07:53 PM
Curious how the RMR one looks - I didn’t see anything on the website yet.

HCM
12-14-2020, 08:54 PM
Curious how the RMR one looks - I didn’t see anything on the website yet.

I found this on FB. Maybe try their Instagram ?

Casual Friday
12-14-2020, 09:05 PM
I found this on FB. Maybe try their Instagram ?

Nothing there. In fact they haven't posted on IG for 6 years.

JSGlock34
12-14-2020, 09:30 PM
Nothing there. In fact they haven't posted on IG for 6 years.
They posted the same pics on their Instagram account.
p/CIx1aeXLTuF

Casual Friday
12-14-2020, 09:52 PM
They posted the same pics on their Instagram account.
p/CIx1aeXLTuF

Thank you for the correction. It appears they have two IG accounts and just this one popped up when I searched the first time.

https://instagram.com/parkermountainmachine?igshid=19tmxvxic2t4p

HCM
12-15-2020, 12:38 AM
https://youtu.be/n-eU18infiw

HeavyDuty
12-15-2020, 09:04 AM
That is ingenious, and has me wondering if, instead of picking up a 26 MOS when they get here, if I would do better to have them mill my current 26.5 for an RMR with no rear sight dovetail. I’d want to see how tall of a front blade is needed for it first, though.

dontshakepandas
12-15-2020, 01:44 PM
That is ingenious, and has me wondering if, instead of picking up a 26 MOS when they get here, if I would do better to have them mill my current 26.5 for an RMR with no rear sight dovetail. I’d want to see how tall of a front blade is needed for it first, though.

Why would you choose this over just having them mill your current 26 and leaving the stock dovetail in place and using a standard sight? This wouldn't reduce the necessary height of the sights since the notch still has to be high enough to be above the optic body.

For cases where you CAN'T have a rear dovetail, like a G43x, this would be an excellent option since there isn't another standard alternative. I would just think going with a standard dovetail and sight would be a better option if it is available since you'd have more options for fine tuning your sights to something you prefer and has proven durability.

Lon
12-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Pretty cool. Only makes sense (to me anyway) on platforms that don’t have a rear sight channel like the 320, Q4/5, CZ SP01/TSO, etc.

HeavyDuty
12-15-2020, 03:03 PM
Why would you choose this over just having them mill your current 26 and leaving the stock dovetail in place and using a standard sight? This wouldn't reduce the necessary height of the sights since the notch still has to be high enough to be above the optic body.

For cases where you CAN'T have a rear dovetail, like a G43x, this would be an excellent option since there isn't another standard alternative. I would just think going with a standard dovetail and sight would be a better option if it is available since you'd have more options for fine tuning your sights to something you prefer and has proven durability.

As I said, it would depend on the front sight height - my personal decision point is based on that. It may be a way of getting something lower than suppressor sights when combined with the lowest possible cut. I’ll let others go first, though.

dontshakepandas
12-15-2020, 03:06 PM
As I said, it would depend on the front sight height - my personal decision point is based on that. It may be a way of getting something lower than suppressor sights when combined with the lowest possible cut. I’ll let others go first, though.

You'd still have to use suppressor height sights. The height of the rear sight will still have to be high enough for the notch to clear the optic body. The fact that the rear sight is now on top of the optic instead of in front/behind it won't change that.

HeavyDuty
12-15-2020, 03:20 PM
You'd still have to use suppressor height sights. The height of the rear sight will still have to be high enough for the notch to clear the optic body. The fact that the rear sight is now on top of the optic instead of in front/behind it won't change that.

I’m shooting a different RDS equipped 43x right now that doesn’t use suppression sights - I have no idea if a 26 can be cut that low with an RMR, but I’ll keep my mind open. My point is the combination of a low direct cut such as what Maple Leaf offers and no adapter plate may just be enough to get me there, and this sight would allow for the rear dovetail to be obliterated and the sight moved more to the rear.

DaBigBR
12-15-2020, 08:18 PM
That's really neat. Not for every application, but ingenious for the ones that need it.

GearFondler
12-16-2020, 05:50 AM
I could see it being tricky picking a matching front sight since RMR cuts vary so much in depth... But it's a damn clever idea.

HeavyDuty
12-16-2020, 08:49 AM
I could see it being tricky picking a matching front sight since RMR cuts vary so much in depth... But it's a damn clever idea.

You just gave me a product idea, at least for Glocks - printed Nylon front sights in different sizes solely for the purpose of determining POI so you only have to order a real sight once. It would be a good Shapeways project...

98z28
12-16-2020, 09:28 AM
You just gave me a product idea, at least for Glocks - printed Nylon front sights in different sizes solely for the purpose of determining POI so you only have to order a real sight once. It would be a good Shapeways project...

Someone, 10-8 I think, used to offer such a product. It was a pack of a few different height front sights made of plastic that you could also file down to get your exact required height. No clue if they still offer it, though. It was a clever idea. My Glocks were always unique critters when it came to POA/POI.

I checked their website and Dawson’s (in case I was mistaken about who offered it). I don’t see any such product listed.

GearFondler
12-16-2020, 02:31 PM
Someone, 10-8 I think, used to offer such a product. It was a pack of a few different height front sights made of plastic that you could also file down to get your exact required height. No clue if they still offer it, though. It was a clever idea. My Glocks were always unique critters when it came to POA/POI.

I checked their website and Dawson’s (in case I was mistaken about who offered it). I don’t see any such product listed.As smart as the idea is I'm betting there's not much of a market for it... Most Glock owners just won't give a shit. Or aren't educated enough to know they should give a shit. Or can't even shoot well enough to realize there's a POI issue.

Archer1440
12-17-2020, 12:19 AM
Obvious downsides of this are eliminating the functionality of the drain holes... perhaps not a big deal. I would have been concerned about getting to the emitter window for cleaning, but it appears to have adequate access.

It would, however, be interesting to see if this shields the SRO/RMR emitter in such a way as to reduce or eliminate false dots in certain sun angles.

If so, a modular sunshade based on the same footprint (but without sight blades) could well be a widely useful item.

mrozowjj
12-17-2020, 01:29 AM
Obvious downsides of this are eliminating the functionality of the drain holes... perhaps not a big deal. I would have been concerned about getting to the emitter window for cleaning, but it appears to have adequate access.

It would, however, be interesting to see if this shields the SRO/RMR emitter in such a way as to reduce or eliminate false dots in certain sun angles.

If so, a modular sunshade based on the same footprint (but without sight blades) could well be a widely useful item.

That concern about the drainage holes was the first thing to pop into my mind. I don't know how serious of a problem it could be.

Archer1440
12-17-2020, 03:18 PM
That concern about the drainage holes was the first thing to pop into my mind. I don't know how serious of a problem it could be.

I live in a desert environment. You’re in Seattle, you tell me! ;)

RAM Engineer
12-17-2020, 08:01 PM

I checked their website and Dawson’s (in case I was mistaken about who offered it). I don’t see any such product listed.

It was 10-8.

HeavyDuty
06-06-2021, 10:47 AM
I’m still not finding these on their website - maybe they killed them off? I’ll send an email.

Disregard - they’re an option on the slide cutting pages. (I think someone upthread said that, but duh on my part.)

Has anyone tried these yet? I’m looking at options for a RMRcc on a 43.

CCT125US
06-06-2021, 01:37 PM
The Dawson sight calculator is free, and works well.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/

js475
01-07-2024, 04:46 PM
Reviving this thread. Has anyone tried the IDRS on a RMR HD? I managed to snag one and plan to put it on a setup that would cause me to lose my rear iron sight. However the side drainage holes on the RMR HD look to be a bit smaller than the holes on my RMRs. If the IDRS doesn't fit, are there other similar alternatives that might work?

SPAM
03-06-2024, 01:59 PM
Reviving this thread. Has anyone tried the IDRS on a RMR HD? I managed to snag one and plan to put it on a setup that would cause me to lose my rear iron sight. However the side drainage holes on the RMR HD look to be a bit smaller than the holes on my RMRs. If the IDRS doesn't fit, are there other similar alternatives that might work?

PMM has them for the HD now. Send them an email.