PDA

View Full Version : Webinar, John Hearne, recommended!

Tom Givens
12-09-2020, 10:43 AM
John Hearne will soon be conducting a live webinar on some vital issues that folks interested in self defense should be more informed about.

John has been a federal LEO for over 20 years. He is instructor certified by the FBI, FLETC, NRA LE, and is a Master Instructor for Rangemaster. He has worked with me for 20 years, and has trained with just about everybody in the private sector. He has degrees in research and has spent the past several years deeply studying the issues he will be teaching. For more details, see https://citizenssafety.com/event/how-paranoid-2020/ .

Right now, training in person is difficult. This is a great opportunity to learn valuable insights from the comfort of your home. Do it!

John Murphy
12-09-2020, 02:27 PM
I caught this presentation at the Rangemaster Instructor Conference. If you want to understand not just what is happening but why, this is a must attend!

vcdgrips
12-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Signed Up.

RJ
12-09-2020, 06:00 PM
Very interested in this.

holmes168
12-09-2020, 06:49 PM
i have the date reserved on the calendar! this should be great.

Cecil Burch
12-10-2020, 11:43 AM
I am signed up

EVP
12-11-2020, 07:47 PM
Registered, I think this is great opportunity and hope more webinars are offered on different topics.

This current time would be great for these type of events.

Thanks for the heads up!

SeriousStudent
12-12-2020, 01:05 PM
Tickets ordered!

This is a really good opportunity to cast a little bread on the waters, and buy a ticket for a friend or family member.

holmes168
12-12-2020, 06:26 PM
ticket purchased- really looking forward to the class.

RJ
12-27-2020, 07:04 PM
The class listing for this seminar indicates start time of "7pm". Anyone know what time zone this is?

Paul D
12-27-2020, 08:03 PM
The class listing for this seminar indicates start time of "7pm". Anyone know what time zone this is?

The map below the ad shows Lincoln, NE so probably CST.

Totem Polar
12-27-2020, 08:09 PM
How’d I miss this thread? I’m in...

RJ
12-27-2020, 08:25 PM
The map below the ad shows Lincoln, NE so probably CST.

Thanks Paul. Tagging John Hearne to confirm the time zone for this seminar.

Coyotesfan97
12-27-2020, 08:47 PM
Sold out?

Totem Polar
12-27-2020, 11:53 PM
Sold out?

Sold out. Bummer.

I did find out that it’s 5pm PST.

kobuksonhwacha
12-28-2020, 02:40 AM
Sold out?

Try this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-paranoid-are-you-tickets-132094324681?aff=erellivmlt

Totem Polar
12-28-2020, 03:01 AM
Try this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-paranoid-are-you-tickets-132094324681?aff=erellivmlt

Thanks!

In.

RJ
12-28-2020, 07:01 AM
Thank all, I'm signed up. I did notice the Eventbrite link indicates the class is at 8PM Eastern. I'm on Eastern time so that works fine.

I like the topic and am very interested in what John has to say. This will be my first "online" learning seminar in a long while.

John Hearne
12-28-2020, 09:47 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. The seminar starts at 7:00 p.m CST. This was picked to be mutually inconvenient to all of the time zones.

This is my first experience with this on-line selling experience and there is a learning curve. If the class shows full, please sign up for the waiting list and the wonderful person assisting me will get you signed up.

And to be clear, if you want access to the recording, you need to have purchased your ticket before the session starts.

Thanks for your interest....

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
12-28-2020, 10:03 AM
Late to the party, 1st caught John in 2013 @ Mogadishu on the Miss. (Rangemaster) & sat thru thru two 4hr. blocks but nothing since so I'm in for 7 Jan.

JAD
12-28-2020, 10:06 AM
In, though I will have to watch the recording.

Coyotesfan97
12-28-2020, 02:08 PM

Thank you! I’m in.

John Hearne
01-02-2021, 01:02 PM
A final bump as we're less than a week out.....

snow white
01-02-2021, 01:24 PM
I'm all signed up!

RancidSumo
01-02-2021, 03:20 PM
I am in and managed to get a couple of friends to sign up with me. Should be a good way to kick off 2021's training calendar.

chances R
01-03-2021, 04:47 PM

From registration:

How Paranoid Are You?
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM CST

Mas
01-07-2021, 11:06 AM
Signed up.

Totem Polar
01-07-2021, 01:03 PM
I’m looking forward to this evening in a way rare by 2020 standards. Can’t wait.

RJ
01-07-2021, 01:20 PM
Logged on to my account on Eventbrite today. It states: "All registered attendees will be emailed a link to join the webinar on the day before the event. Please be on the lookout for the email on January 6th. It will come to the same email address you used to register. "

It's the 7th, but I haven't seen an email with a link yet, not in spam folder, not in trash etc.

Any ideas?

BobM
01-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Logged on to my account on Eventbrite today. It states: "All registered attendees will be emailed a link to join the webinar on the day before the event. Please be on the lookout for the email on January 6th. It will come to the same email address you used to register. "

It's the 7th, but I haven't seen an email with a link yet, not in spam folder, not in trash etc.

Any ideas?

I didn’t get one either

Totem Polar
01-07-2021, 03:33 PM
I didn’t get one either

This. I figure that logging in around 4:50pm PST will yield some clarity.

snow white
01-07-2021, 05:02 PM
I didn't receive one as well. I emailed them to hopefully figure it out before class.

RancidSumo
01-07-2021, 05:05 PM
Eventbrite page has the zoom info/password.

Log in, go here - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-paranoid-are-you-tickets-132249354379 - and click "Access the Event" on the right.

EDIT: While typing this up, I got an email with the zoom info as well.

Totem Polar
01-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Log in, go here - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-paranoid-are-you-tickets-132249354379 - and click "Access the Event" on the right.

EDIT: While typing this up, I got an email with the zoom info as well.

Where are you seeing “access the event?”

RancidSumo
01-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Where are you seeing “access the event?”

I think you have to be logged into the account you bought the ticket with. Then it is on the right side below the banner, below "date and time" in the "Location" section.

Totem Polar
01-07-2021, 07:59 PM
I think you have to be logged into the account you bought the ticket with. Then it is on the right side below the banner, below "date and time" in the "Location" section.

Copy that, but still no zoom link.

RJ
01-07-2021, 08:04 PM
No zoom link here either. No email with required info. According to the page I am seeing, I need either a "Meeting ID" or "Personal Link name"

RJ
01-07-2021, 08:07 PM

I can see "Access the event" and can log on to my Eventbrite account.

I get to this page and see this button:

Unfortunately, all that does is open a link to https://www.zoom.us/join which is fine, but there is no meeting ID or link to "join".

RJ
01-07-2021, 08:08 PM

Were you able to join? If so, how?

BobM
01-07-2021, 08:08 PM
That’s what I’m getting also.

RancidSumo
01-07-2021, 08:09 PM
I can see "Access the event" and can log on to my Eventbrite account.

I get to this page and see this button:

Unfortunately, all that does is open a link to https://www.zoom.us/join which is fine, but there is no meeting ID or link to "join".

On my screen it is just below that gray box under the paragraph of instructions.

Erik
Same here. ETA: Below the gray box is an instructional video about joining a zoom event. I see no link that opens the actual event. Same experience as RJ.

snow white
Same here. No event id or anything

Coyotesfan97
01-07-2021, 08:13 PM
I never got the email with the zoom link. I can’t log in either.

soupsandwich
01-07-2021, 08:13 PM
No Zoom link on event page other than the generic one leading to the Zoom home page.

vcdgrips
01-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Concur never got a link or Number

ST911
01-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Same here. I'm an experienced zoom user, was on several zoom calls today, and don't have any of the requisite/typical links, meeting IDs, passcodes, or dial-in info.

30 minutes of effort, I'm out.

RJ
01-07-2021, 09:17 PM
I emailed John at the email address on the Eventbrite page, and asked if there will be an opportunity for those who paid for a ticket to view the webinar later. Hopefully that will be the case.

RJ
01-07-2021, 09:49 PM

I don’t know if this is part of my original problem, but the Eventbrite page I have access to did not have the zoom info/password. I’m not sure if it was my particular computer (older Dell e6530 running Linux Mint, browser was Firefox). I had disabled all my usual adblockers as well prior to the session.

I double checked my spam and trash folders, and aside from the usual offers of $100 GifT CArds frOM RuSsIA, the notification with the Zoom info specific to this Webinar was absent. So I’m not sure what was going on. The only thing I can conclude is some folks got the info to join, and some did not. Weird.

Mas
01-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Enjoyed it. Useful as all John's stuff is. Thanks, John and Tiff!

LOKNLOD
01-07-2021, 10:32 PM
Same as you guys. Email has link to "view the event", follow link to page with the gray window with green box that says "event live - join here" and that's just a link to Zoom's homepage. Kinda stuck in a loop here.

Unfortunate but not the end of the world. I hope the event went well and maybe I'll be able to watch it later. I want this to be a thing because there are a lot of worthwhile topics that could be handled like this.

Totem Polar
01-07-2021, 10:44 PM
I don’t know if this is part of my original problem, but the Eventbrite page I have access to did not have the zoom info/password. I’m not sure if it was my particular computer (older Dell e6530 running Linux Mint, browser was Firefox). I had disabled all my usual adblockers as well prior to the session.

I double checked my spam and trash folders, and aside from the usual offers of $100 GifT CArds frOM RuSsIA, the notification with the Zoom info specific to this Webinar was absent. So I’m not sure what was going on. The only thing I can conclude is some folks got the info to join, and some did not. Weird.

My experience mirrors yours exactly, R. Total goat rope, logistically, but pretty cool once some helpful P-Fers provided an in.

Yung
01-07-2021, 11:17 PM
An outstanding lecturer and host.

For those who missed this due to technical difficulties, it was confirmed that the recording will be up tomorrow and accessible for one week.

Kanye Wyoming
01-08-2021, 12:02 AM
It was excellent.

Tiffany Johnson
01-08-2021, 12:12 AM
Hi, Everyone!

On behalf of John (who is on the road now) and on my own behalf, please accept my apology for the technical drama! Everyone should have gotten at least two automatic emails from Eventbrite this afternoon with the information on how to join the webinar. I even added a direct link for those who wanted to join in Zoom without going through Eventbrite. I'm honestly not sure how things got muddled up. I'm terribly sorry. :-(

But now on to the good news! We had 157 people attend the webinar live, and for those who couldn't join us, the video will be available starting in the morning on John's website - www.jhearne.com. You can access the video with the same password we sent out to registrants for the webinar. If you never got the email with that information, please try these possible fixes:

Check your junk mail.
If that doesn't work, make sure you're checking the same email account you used to register.
If that doesn't work, email me at tiffany [at] frontsightpress [dot] com and we'll get it sorted out.

Again, mea culpa. Any technical issues were my fault, not John's.

Love you guys!
Night night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Hugs,
Tiff :-)

RJ
01-08-2021, 07:56 AM
Thanks Tiffany, I was able to join the webinar late thanks to a helpful member here on p-f, and had an opportunity to learn.

To anyone who received the password, would it be possible for you to post an image (redacted not to show the password, obviously) of what I am looking for?

I did receive two automated emails from Eventbrite yesterday. These went to my email account I used to register for the webinar. Neither had information pertaining to the specific meeting id, password or other information specific to joining the webinar, as far as I can tell (and I certainly could be missing something pretty obvious; my wife tells me that all the time :)).

One came at 6:07PM EST, showing this:

The next one came in at 7:57PM. and looked identical:

Both emails contained a hotlink to allow me to authenticate and log on to my Eventbrite account. The webinar details were listed, but the provided link led me to a generic US Zoom website, with no specific log on or passcode information pertaining to this event.

This morning, I did try and use id/password sent by a helpful member as above to try and access the video, but was unable to pass through the security check to access it. So I'm not sure if the Zoom meeting id/password is "the same", to see the post-event video, or something else. Hope this helps get to the bottom of what happened, because I really would like this form of training and education to be successful in future.

What I am really hoping is that I screwed up and there's something fundamental I lost in translation, being as I've not been on any Zoom meetings or conference calls since I retired for good due to COVID last year.

Many thanks to John for an informative presentation, it was very interesting.

Tiffany Johnson
01-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Thanks Tiffany, I was able to join the webinar late thanks to a helpful member here on p-f, and had an opportunity to learn.

To anyone who received the password, would it be possible for you to post an image (redacted not to show the password, obviously) of what I am looking for?

Hi, RJ,

I'm really glad you were able to catch some of it. Here's what the email should have looked like:

Alternatively, from the Event page in Eventbrite (if you have an account) you can click "Access Event" and the see the instructions there too.

Again, I'm so sorry for the mix-up. I'm still working to figure out why most people got the email and a few people didn't. But the video is available now. Feel free to email me or PM me if you need the access code.

Thanks!
Tiff

Tiffany Johnson
01-08-2021, 01:08 PM
An outstanding lecturer and host.

For those who missed this due to technical difficulties, it was confirmed that the recording will be up tomorrow and accessible for one week.

Thanks so much, Yung. Really glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for encouraging John, too. :-)

Yep, the video is now available at jhearne.com. The access code is the same as the one for the webinar.

Folks, if you registered but never got the email with the password, and you'd like to view the video, please PM me or email me.

Thanks again, everyone!

Tiff

RJ
01-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Thanks Tiffany Johnson, much obliged.

This part here:

...is not present in the two emails I received; as per the screen grabs of the pictures in my post a couple up. Very odd. Anyway, as well, when I did log into Eventbrite, to "Access the event", I got a page with this link:

I thought aha! that will work, but when clicked the hotlink resolved to this web site: https://www.zoom.us/join. Unfortunately, this is just the generic zoom web address, and did not route me to a site specific to the webinar.

I hope this info is useful in tracking down what might or might not have happened. I will email you for a code/password to access the video of the webinar.

Much appreciate your time. See you in Dallas, as you know, my better half is also coming. :)

Coyotesfan97
01-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Thanks Tiffany Johnson, much obliged.

This part here:

...is not present in the two emails I received; as per the screen grabs of the pictures in my post a couple up. Very odd. Anyway, as well, when I did log into Eventbrite, to "Access the event", I got a page with this link:

I thought aha! that will work, but when clicked the hotlink resolved to this web site: https://www.zoom.us/join. Unfortunately, this is just the generic zoom web address, and did not route me to a site specific to the webinar.

I hope this info is useful in tracking down what might or might not have happened. I will email you for a code/password to access the video of the webinar.

Much appreciate your time. See you in Dallas, as you know, my better half is also coming. :)

That is how mine looked and worked.

Totem Polar
01-08-2021, 03:21 PM
My email and eventbrite experience was identical to RJ’s, above, FWIW.

John Hearne
01-09-2021, 07:40 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding but I’ve been on the road for the last three days including the run to Memphis NForce the webinar.

I wanted to make sure that those who were unable to catch the live webinar were able access the video. If you don’t have the access info, please email me at info(@)jhearne.com.

I have no idea what happened as far as links being sent. I hate to plead ignorance but this was my first EventBrite/Zoom attempt. Based on the response to this one, there will be more and we’ll get it sorted out.

Thanks to all of you who signed up and have express interest.

SeriousStudent
01-09-2021, 11:08 AM
John and Tiffany - I thought it was awesome! I am going to rewatch it this weekend to flesh out my notes.

I really can't want to see the next presentation.

And I have some more Knob Creek for ya at Tac-Con to do the annual replenishment of your supplies. :)

John Hearne
01-28-2021, 11:30 AM
I will be appearing on "Coffee With Rich" (American Warrior Society) tomorrow (01/29/21) at 7:30 CST tomorrow. The main topic will be the content from the webinar.