PDA

View Full Version : Good article by one of our own on pistols and RDS

LittleLebowski
12-03-2020, 12:14 PM
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2020/12/2/the-handgun-red-dot-revolution

Totem Polar
12-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Thanks for posting that. P-F is indeed well represented, and Keel’s typically strong writing delivers the main point—that I had not previously considered—very well.

blues
12-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Too bad she didn't do the write up on Tom's (Dark Star Gear) "Hitchhiker" holster. I happened to write Tom and mention how disappointed I was with the review, (despite being positive), since the individual showed no particular effort, motivation or knowledge about the holster he was reviewing.

(And I specifically mentioned that I wish Tam had had the opportunity to do the "review".)

Coyotesfan97
12-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Good article. The last Academy class that started before I retired was issued Glock MOS and PMO. They were trained with the red dot right from the start. I was never able to find out how much work they did with the conventional sights.

Clusterfrack
12-03-2020, 01:55 PM
Excellent article Tamara. The take-home about target focus and its advantages was great. I think learning target focus shooting is more valuable than accuracy advantages of the dot itself.

AMC
12-03-2020, 09:49 PM
This is actually one of the oft cited benefits of the PMO for LE use, and something it's advocates advise using to sway skeptical (and non shooter) administrative types. Its my understanding that this is actually the primary driving concern behind LAPDs PMO program, as well.

Erick Gelhaus
12-05-2020, 03:48 AM
Clearly, I'm biased, but I'm pretty happy with her article!

;)

Tamara
12-06-2020, 03:44 PM
Clearly, I'm biased, but I'm pretty happy with her article!

;)

Thanks for the insights!

Being able to just quote the smart stuff other people say makes my job a lot easier. ;)