PDA

View Full Version : Bought a SW M&P 2.0 4.25 Barrel

OkieHeat
11-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Bought it couple weeks ago and i am linking it. Took a few rounds to get used to the goofy trigger shoe and the reset being a little different compare to the glocks and PPQ. But its a great shooter with a good trigger and accurate like the PPQ is. The plan is to put the apex trigger kit in and put a RMR on it. I like the the gun so much in stock forum i might go buy the compact modle and carry it.

B0308
11-21-2020, 08:44 PM
I bought in early to the M&P 4" .45. G19 size and .45 round. Liked the first one so much, bought a second, put an RMR on it. Grabbed a third when I could and when the ACRO came out, got Mark at L&M to mill the slide, first ACRO he had done.

Like and shoot them all, no malfunctions, wish the ACRO had better battery life thought.

Enjoy

revchuck38
11-21-2020, 09:02 PM
OkieHeat - The compact is available in an optics-ready version. It'd be cheaper to buy that one than to get the 4.25" slide cut for the RMR.

There is a 4.25" optics-ready version but it's only available for LE.

CraigS
11-22-2020, 09:24 AM
....I like the the gun so much in stock forum I might go buy the compact modle and carry it.
If you do that, I'd recommend the 12 rnd short grip w/ 3.5 inch barrel. That is near equal to my old Gen 1 which is a fantastic piece. All the longer mags up to 17 rnds fit just fine so you can carry w/ the 12 and have a 15 or 17 rnd spare.

Actsda
11-22-2020, 01:40 PM
Bought it couple weeks ago and i am linking it. Took a few rounds to get used to the goofy trigger shoe and the reset being a little different compare to the glocks and PPQ. But its a great shooter with a good trigger and accurate like the PPQ is. The plan is to put the apex trigger kit in and put a RMR on it. I like the the gun so much in stock forum i might go buy the compact modle and carry it.

I have been carrying the same gun in a JMCK AIWB rig for the last several weeks without issue. I have the 2.0 compact and it's my normal off-duty carry but I just don't find there to be that much difference between the two as far as comfort/concealment.

Nephrology
11-22-2020, 02:22 PM
On that note, does anyone make a threaded barrel for the M&P45 midsize (4" barrel)? I got one for dirt cheap and have a .45 can coming through soon, but it's the only .45 I own and I can't find a threaded barrel that will fit it to save my life.

rca90gsx
11-22-2020, 09:02 PM
Check for Silencerco barrels. Looked like they make them.

On that note, does anyone make a threaded barrel for the M&P45 midsize (4" barrel)? I got one for dirt cheap and have a .45 can coming through soon, but it's the only .45 I own and I can't find a threaded barrel that will fit it to save my life.

claymore504
11-23-2020, 08:44 AM
The M&P M2.0 is what got me interested in the M&P again. I had a Gen 1 fullsize in 40 years ago and really liked that handgun minus the complete lack of grip texture and the trigger being a little mushy. I let it go and then when they M2.0 came out i grabbed a 5 inch FDE 9mm and loved it. Well, so did the wife, so she took that for her HD gun and we sold off her FDE Glock 17. Then I got me a 4 inch compact 9mm.

IF I were you, for carry, i would look at the Compact 3.6 (3.6 barrel with 15 round mag frame), or the new subcompact (12 round mags).

Zincwarrior
11-23-2020, 09:16 AM
The M&P M2.0 is what got me interested in the M&P again. I had a Gen 1 fullsize in 40 years ago and really liked that handgun minus the complete lack of grip texture and the trigger being a little mushy. I let it go and then when they M2.0 came out i grabbed a 5 inch FDE 9mm and loved it. Well, so did the wife, so she took that for her HD gun and we sold off her FDE Glock 17. Then I got me a 4 inch compact 9mm.

IF I were you, for carry, i would look at the Compact 3.6 (3.6 barrel with 15 round mag frame), or the new subcompact (12 round mags).

One issue, how large are your hands? The subcompact height/grip is quite minimal (thats the point). It may be you require the pinkie extension magazine to hold properly, in which case the 2.0 Compact would be better than the older M&Pc. I have the M&Pc and am very happy with it. I have the pinkie mag in it with a full size spare mag. I am very comfortable shooting it one handed or free style. If I had the current versions I would go with the Compact myself, either in 4.0in or 3.5 in barrel.

Erick Gelhaus
11-23-2020, 01:25 PM
I have a 1.0 Compact (think g26) and a couple 2.0 4" Compacts (think g19). I much prefer the 2.0 version.

Actsda
11-23-2020, 02:17 PM
I have a 1.0 Compact (think g26) and a couple 2.0 4" Compacts (think g19). I much prefer the 2.0 version.
I agree and also prefer the full grip of the 2.0 compact over a G26 sized gun. Reloads are much faster and less complicated/training intensive. With AIWB carry the little extra length in the grip is insignificant compared to how much you gain in ergos. As to the 2.0 4 inch vs 3.6 version, the 4 inch compact carries much more comfortably as the longer barrel gives more stability in the holster as far as keeping the grip from wanting to fall forward away from the body. I’m finding it’s even better with the 4.25 full-size guns. It sounds counter intuitive but the longer barrel/slide stabilizes the gun, at least in AIWB carry and seems to be easier to carry. As a result I’ve been carrying my compacts in the full-size holster, which gives a similar effect.

Zincwarrior
11-23-2020, 02:29 PM
I agree and also prefer the full grip of the 2.0 compact over a G26 sized gun. Reloads are much faster and less complicated/training intensive. With AIWB carry the little extra length in the grip is insignificant compared to how much you gain in ergos. As to the 2.0 4 inch vs 3.6 version, the 4 inch compact carries much more comfortably as the longer barrel gives more stability in the holster as far as keeping the grip from wanting to fall forward away from the body. I’m finding it’s even better with the 4.25 full-size guns. It sounds counter intuitive but the longer barrel/slide stabilizes the gun, at least in AIWB carry and seems to be easier to carry. As a result I’ve been carrying my compacts in the full-size holster, which gives a similar effect.

One advantage with the M&Pc. It does have two different smaller mag types, so a "deeper conceal" is an option. I have smallish hands (har har) but even they can't fit all four fingers on the grip of the smallest size. But if the smallest height is desired for a situation, its available.

OkieHeat
11-23-2020, 02:29 PM
OkieHeat - The compact is available in an optics-ready version. It'd be cheaper to buy that one than to get the 4.25" slide cut for the RMR.

There is a 4.25" optics-ready version but it's only available for LE.

I going to go with ATEI i think, i like how low they get the red dot optic to sit lower in the frame and no adapter plate.

OkieHeat
11-23-2020, 02:34 PM

I dislike like the gen 1 so much i almost didn't give the gen 2 a chance. But grip texture and updated trigger really change the way i feel about the M&P line up.

OkieHeat
12-26-2020, 07:51 PM
Well I got the Apex Trigger kit in my M&P and I got the slide back from atei to mount the RMR on it. Took it out this afternoon and put 200 rounds through it with the red dot.
I used all the stock Springs for the Apex Trigger and that gives me about a 3.5 lb trigger break. The trigger is very smooth with a very crisp break. With the red dot This gun is a lot of fun and very accurate. Atei was great to work with and their slide work was fantastic. Atei also cut a Groove behind the rmr to mount a Glock suppressor height sight to match the front suppressor height sight.
I have a PPQ that has a great trigger in it and it's about 3.8 lb. The difference between my M&P and the PPQ trigger is the M&P Apex Trigger has a much more well-defined wall where as the PPQ is more of a rolling break. If I didn't have a way to measure the trigger weight I would have thought the M&P Apex Trigger was close to 4 lb because of the wall that it has.
But it's a very nice ride and very happy with the way it turned out.

willie
12-27-2020, 05:59 AM
As a Smith fan, I am relieved when I read they have these weapons performing reliably. My 9mm and 45 Shields have been trouble free.

Wendell
12-28-2020, 06:46 PM